Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 16:34   #1801
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

OK sorry My stupid mistake , sorry for wasting your time,

I misread it as torque curves of 2 engines one of iDtec .. and some other in blue and I was thrilled that there is something which gives constantly rising torque , Till now all torque curves look flat on top and this thing looked amazing and excited me but I should have rechecked it
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 17:05   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
OK sorry My stupid mistake , sorry for wasting your time,

I misread it as torque curves of 2 engines one of iDtec .. and some other in blue and I was thrilled that there is something which gives constantly rising torque , Till now all torque curves look flat on top and this thing looked amazing and excited me but I should have rechecked it
Never mind, it happens many times. In the excitement we forget to read the fine print. I had never mentioned what the blue line & the red line stand for. I assumed everyone here would be intelligent to understand these. Lesson learnt for me, never jump to conclusions too fast.

Thanks to Amalji & Skyfire2892 for explaining the torque Vs rpm curves very clearly, appreciate it.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 17:39   #1803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Was it an insurance job? Then 2x at least. Also, bumpers need some special treatment (flexible!), ...
Yes, and that answers it.
Old 12th November 2013, 18:40   #1804
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
2500 km update

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give a short 2500 km update of Petrol Amaze E variant.

Fist of having used to the pick up/turbo boost of diesel engines, I find the petrol variant slightly underpowered for a sedan. It is definitely not in the league of the Honda City. The loss of 30 odd bhp is really missed in the Amaze Petrol. The advantage is that it is giving me an average of 15 to 16 kmpl as against manufacturers claimed mileage of 18 kmpl.

The interior space and seats are simply superb. The seats are well bolstered and you can really stretch out like a premium sedan. Honda's ability to make most of out of interior space is amazing. Overall, I feel this car is better value than Etios except for a slightly smaller boot.

Finished the first serice at 1000 mks which was really free since nothing needed to be changed. Overall, for a car that costs only about 6 lakhs on the road, I think it is terrific value.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 05:21   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post

Thanks! The decorative thread looks good. Have ordered one in silver color for my Duster.
Am waiting for your review...
Do post your feedback on the product with some images...
Old 13th November 2013, 16:46   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Today while watching the Earth Dreams 1.5L i-Dtec video I could take a screen grab of the Power & Torque Vs RPM curve. Look how flat is the peak torque of 200 Nm over the wide rpm range (from 1500 rpm to 3500 rpm).
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
It improves drivability multiple folds. At any gear, when you need to overtake, just press the pedal and shoot ahead. That's it. The lack of turbo lag on the Amaze makes it such a joy to drive.
Guys, do we have the power & torque vs rpm curve for the 1.2 L petrol too? Would love to see that and get your expert opinion.
Old 13th November 2013, 16:52   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post

Guys, do we have the power & torque vs rpm curve for the 1.2 L petrol too? Would love to see that and get your expert opinion.
You could get one by using obd2 scanner and torque app. It provides graphing support. I'll do it myself sometime.
skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 17:25   #1808
BHPian

Found these images of alloys on fb .

Name:  ForumRunner_20131115_172036.png
Views: 4474
Size:  201.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131115_172009.png
Views: 7128
Size:  591.0 KB

These are from Thailand fan page. They really know how to mod a car.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131115_171915.png
Views: 9347
Size:  310.0 KB

Do you think air vent sticker look good?
Notice the DRLs below fogs

Name:  ForumRunner_20131115_172111.png
Views: 5884
Size:  465.6 KB

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-amaze3.jpg

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 15th November 2013 at 17:33.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 18:02   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Found these images of alloys on fb .
A person in Faridabad got deep dish chrome alloys with probably 195 profile tyres on his Silver couloured Amaze. Looks very good IMO, but I do not have any photos of the same.
Old 17th November 2013, 09:07   #1810
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday evening we went to TD Polo, Punto and Amaze for one of my relative, he had TD Amaze and like the peformance, so it was meant to be a comparative TD only. We started with Polo first on Hosur Road, great experience with very helpful sales guy ditto at Vecto motors and at last we came to Dakshin Honda. It was around 6.20pm and we entered inside after few minutes one Sales person came to us, he straight away declined TD saying no keys available, he started talking with us as though we were first time buyers, we had to gently tell him that the concerned person will be buying his 4th car and with full cash payment. We obviously had to highlight the negatives of Amaze and visible cost cutting despite high price tag, I dont know whether the sales guy knew what he meant but said to us you are 'Saddist' in the right meaning we should have slapped him or raised our tone but we just stopped the conversation. I really pity his attitude becoz this was the same way Sales people behaved when Swift was at its peak of popularity talking with arrogance and now Honda guys are doing the same. For a person who is ready to pay cash of 9 lakhs has definitely better cars to chose instead of Amaze. Honda will have to repent if they develop this attitude towards customers.

Last edited by deehunk : 17th November 2013 at 09:09. Reason: typo
Old 17th November 2013, 09:35   #1811
BHPian

When I went to buy my amaze in June I had a great experience in buying . I went to arya and link way Honda Mumbai. Both offered me test drives and explained to me all the features . The sales lady even asked me my daily usage and suggested rightly to me to buy a petrol car . I politely declined and decided to go for the diesel instead . The staff was knowledgeable and courteous . She promised me a delivery date of exactly a month later . She kept her word . The car was ready in 29 days . The sales team gave me a great value in the buy back of my alto too . To make a long story short the did all that they said and some more . I was very happy with the experience . Yes I too bought the car outright . No finance . It cost me 9.47 lakhs on road Mumbai . It includes zero dep insurance and extended warranty . Yes you do pay a premium to drive a Honda . I bought a maruti dzire in October of 2013 . It was a vdi . My Honda is vxmt . Maruti did not offer me a test drive . The staff was uninterested in me . They offered me a bad deal in exchange for my alto too . Since I needed 2 cars in diesel under 10 lakhs and I already had owned a indigo dicor before I did not consider tata and fiat . I did not consider gm Chevrolet as I did not want to buy a rebranded Daewoo. Etios I did not like center console . Ford had long delivery dates . Jan 2014 . Hyundai are bad in fuel economy . I have owned a i20 before in petrol . Vw were awesome but their service and relibality are suspect and I did not want to take that chance . So ended up with the safest bet according to me . Amaze vxmt idtec and swift dzire vdi . No offence intended . Thank you sirs .
anky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 10:01   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Honda will have to repent if they develop this attitude towards customers.
As of today car manufacturers have less control over dealerships than vice-versa. Car dealerships are profitable only if they hv a large chain. Single ownership is unsustainable unless they have a large captive market, eg smaller cities.

Maybe in a few years there is significant competition amongst car dealers of the same manufacturer in the same city.
Old 17th November 2013, 10:05   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday evening we went to TD Polo, Punto and Amaze for one of my relative, he had TD Amaze and like the peformance, so it was meant to be a comparative TD only. We started with Polo first on Hosur Road, great experience with very helpful sales guy ditto at Vecto motors and at last we came to Dakshin Honda. It was around 6.20pm and we entered inside after few minutes one Sales person came to us, he straight away declined TD saying no keys available, he started talking with us as though we were first time buyers, we had to gently tell him that the concerned person will be buying his 4th car and with full cash payment. We obviously had to highlight the negatives of Amaze and visible cost cutting despite high price tag, I dont know whether the sales guy knew what he meant but said to us you are 'Saddist' in the right meaning we should have slapped him or raised our tone but we just stopped the conversation. I really pity his attitude becoz this was the same way Sales people behaved when Swift was at its peak of popularity talking with arrogance and now Honda guys are doing the same. For a person who is ready to pay cash of 9 lakhs has definitely better cars to chose instead of Amaze. Honda will have to repent if they develop this attitude towards customers.
You aren't alone. Dakshin Honda has the most useless people in almost all departments. I drive 400 kms one way to mangalore to service my diesel amaze.

Just write to Honda about this experience , I am sure they will also not be very happy about this behavior. Customer_relations@hondacarindia.com
But what I am really surprised is that inspite of so many negative feedback about Dakshin Honda , Honda isn't doing anything. Way back in 2001 , I remember maruti demoted a supervisor at Navnit , Thane for speaking rudely to a customer ! ( yeah , others had also complained about this guy )
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 10:12   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
at last we came to Dakshin Honda. It was around 6.20pm and we entered inside after few minutes one Sales person came to us, he straight away declined TD saying no keys available, he started talking with us as though we were first time buyers, we had to gently tell him that the concerned person will be buying his 4th car and with full cash payment.
The poor sales guy must be quite naive & might not have taken his lessons in customer relationship management very seriously. But then that is not an excuse for such a (c)rude behavior. The dealer must be reprimanded by Honda management if such attitude is thrown by their front ending staff.

You should have asked for customer feedback form & narrated your whole experience in that. Even now you can do so by registering your complaint on Honda India website. Choose your state, city & the dealer in that city & give your feedback. I am sure Honda will sit-up & take notice.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/feedback/feedback1.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
When I went to buy my amaze in June I had a great experience in buying . I went to arya and link way Honda Mumbai. Both offered me test drives and explained to me all the features.
Coincidentally even I had a very pleasant experience, not once but twice when I went for a test drive at the local Honda dealer . On both the occasions we test drove the car for 7-8 kms. The sales guy spent almost 2 hours with us (TD included), explained all the features of various models, color availability, answered all of questions. Obviously while returning we filled up the feedback form & gave him a good rating.
Old 17th November 2013, 10:17   #1815
Senior - BHPian

The reason to get upset was the word Saddist he used, we had been to this place way back in March for a TD of Honda City that time we got a vehicle to TD late at 7.30pm, this was the time when Amaze was not launched, anyway who cares for these kind of people. Just thought about sharing my experience

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks