Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 08:35   #2551
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

@Doylthippo: To be honest, you don't need to idle/run the engine at all. It's really not required.

I would recommend you just disconnect the battery so that it doesn't die on you by the time you get back. Other than that, the car doesn't really require any sort of running.

Maybe a good idea to put a cover over the car.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 08:49   #2552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post
I am using Amaze Petrol and I will be out of country for a period of three to four months minimum. My car will be parked in our apartment stilt parking with out body cover and our watchman will be cleaning the exterior daily. I am planning to ask my wife to crank the engine weekly once and keep in idling for 5 minutes.
Is this enough to avoid any problems once i am back ?
Any suggestions in this regard ?
@MODS: If i am posting in wrong thread, please move to appropriate thread.
Why clean it daily when it is not going to be used?! Maybe once in a week should be enough.

You can check the below thread as well regarding long term parking,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dos-donts.html
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 14:21   #2553

Honda Amaze - Door noise problem not being resolved- Need Help

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me to give some advice / suggestion regarding servicing delay of my Honda Amaze at Dhankawadi Branch Pune to fix a small door noise. You can also read the issue described below as well regarding my experience.

• It’s been more than 3 weeks, the car is still lying in the servicing center. Is there any compensation which I can claim from the servicing center as I had to commute using taxi during this period

• Can I avail a different car on temporary basis from the servicing center till my car is being serviced? Is this possible

• Shall I lodge a complaint to main Honda Office now?

I own a Honda Amaze SMT petrol and about to complete two years now and drove around 24K kms till date. Lately, I have noticed a small noise from the door (front driver side) and accordingly taken to the Servicing Center (Deccan Honda - Dhankawadi, Pune) as my normal servicing was also due during that period. I got my car back but the noise still exist. I have again taken it back to the servicing center on 11th May and explained the issue. They told me that it is a minor issue and will be fixed within 1-2 days. They called me after a day saying that the car is ready.

The same thing happened again, I did a test drive and the noise was still coming. Again, I was told to leave the car at the servicing center for few days and they were supposed to call me back. 1 week passed and no one called me back. When I called them they said the car is ready and asked me to take it. And again as usual, the sound didn't fade away and was clearly noticeable. I got really frustrated that time as it was more than 10 days and they were not able to fix the noise problem. I met the senior management and explained the torture and harassment I was going through since last 10 days. He apologized and assured me that this will be taken care on priority and he will himself take a close look at the issue.

One more week passed and I received a call from him saying that the issue has now been reported to main Honda office as it beyond their scope as they tried everything possible from their end. The manager didn’t commit any timelines as the Honda Technical Team will visit this week to look into the issue which may even require door replacement (covered under warranty). Although, they service center is working on the issue, I feel the process is very slow and should have been escalated to Honda much earlier. I don’t think one needs more than 2-3 days to check the issue and whether this is under their scope or not. It is very easy for them to call me and then apologize but for me it is a total torture and humiliation.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th June 2016 at 14:24. Reason: Spacing for better readability
Old 6th June 2016, 14:38   #2554
BANNED

re: Honda Amaze - Door noise problem not being resolved- Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
I hope someone can help me to give some advice / suggestion regarding servicing delay of my Honda Amaze at Dhankawadi Branch Pune to fix a small door noise. You can also read the issue described below as well regarding my experience.
Escalate the problem to Honda head office also write a strong mail with the issue you are facing with the details of service centre visits that yielded nothing. Also send them the taxi bills for reimbursement and since you say the car is still at the Honda ASC, ask for a loaner car till issue is sorted out.

Now coming to the issue of door noise that you are facing, can you elaborate on the problem?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 14:40   #2555
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda Amaze - Door noise problem not being resolved- Need Help

Sorry to say this, but i really dont see any point where they tortured or humiliated you. Work with them or take it to an independent repairman if the issue is not getting fixed to isolate the problem. You can take it back to them once you have identified the problem the only benefit being you having the car with you.

Door rattles are something only a owner can understand and will know. Many times everyone else sitting in the car wont have a clue about what you are talking let alone the mechanics. I would only suggest to take the mechanic for the test drive, explain the noise and probably sit with him on saturday to check the doors completely. The reason i say this is, it provides a solution for your problem.

Unless you were really harassed and tortured, which you can deal with legally.
Old 6th June 2016, 15:12   #2556
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Amaze - Door noise problem not being resolved- Need Help

First thing to do is - get your car back!

For something like this, you should give a maximum time of 2 days. If any service center is not able to fix it in 2 days, it simply means that people there are not competent enough.

How many Honda dealers does Guwahati have? If its only one, try to get it fixed outside.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 15:20   #2557

Thanks a4anurag/ VM2010/ smartcat for your responses.

The sound is coming from the door itself and can be heard while driving on a slightly rough road. It’s like someone is gently knocking on the door continuously and which is kind of irritating. Sometime I hear the noise even driving on the smooth road as well. I had explained the problem in details to the technician and he took a test drive himself as well. He admitted that the problem is something to do with the door welding part but was not very sure.

The reason why I mentioned torture / humiliation (may be I am just taking out my frustration) is that I had unnecessary spent around Rs. 1,200 (Rs 150 from my home to service center) to collect my car. Further, Rs. 250 daily to commute to my office for last 3 weeks. Leave money aside, they even made me wait for 1 hr giving excuse that the car is getting ready for test drive. My point is they should only call us once the car is fully ready so that one don't have to wait for more than 10-15 mins. Secondly, I had to explain the same problem again and again and had to take a test drive with a new technician. Why one need more than 3 weeks to identify the issue and why they were making false promise that the issue is sorted when it was clearly evident in the test drive for hardly 100-200 meters. Why they charged me for something they did not fix.

When I escalated, the manager should have ensured that the issued got fixed instead of calling me to collect my car. When I escalated the issue to the senior management, he told me that the test drive was carried out by the technician himself and gave a false report to the management. He also said the technician is new and maybe he didn’t possess the required skillsets. This is not what I had expected from them. All I need is to get my car issue fixed as soon as possible and I am least bothered of the technician as it is their internal issue. I really felt helpless and ignored

Last edited by Eddy : 6th June 2016 at 15:40. Reason: Please ensure proper spacing for better readabiilty
Old 7th June 2016, 15:42   #2558
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
The sound is coming from the door itself and can be heard while driving on a slightly rough road. It’s like someone is gently knocking on the door continuously and which is kind of irritating.
Are you talking about some sound with low intensity as if something sliding inside the front passenger side door ? I come across this sound many times in my petrol amaze. Surprisingly it vanishes for around one week to 10 days after the service and comes back suddenly and lives with me comfortably until next service. Interestingly, this was never identified by any passenger in the car.

I observed that this sound is not based on the road condition, but it usually comes when i try to drive the car in gear 2. For example, when i am in slow moving traffic in gear 2 and i force the car to move in the same gear with out downshifting, by playing with clutch.

Please ignore if this is not the case in your car.

Last edited by Doylthippo : 7th June 2016 at 15:44. Reason: Spelling Correction
Doylthippo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 16:32   #2559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post
Are you talking about some sound with low intensity as if something sliding inside the front passenger side door ? I come across this sound many times in my petrol amaze. Surprisingly it vanishes for around one week to 10 days after the service and comes back suddenly and lives with me comfortably until next service. Interestingly, this was never identified by any passenger in the car.

I observed that this sound is not based on the road condition, but it usually comes when i try to drive the car in gear 2. For example, when i am in slow moving traffic in gear 2 and i force the car to move in the same gear with out downshifting, by playing with clutch.

Please ignore if this is not the case in your car.
Yes, the noise if coming from the front door. However, in your case, the noise is coming due to forward shift due to gear maneuver. I don’t think that is the case for me. The noise can be heard (even by the passengers) while driving at a constant speed in 5th Gear as well and not due to gear shift.
Good News … I got a call from Honda today (after I escalated the matter) and the issue has been resolved finally. They changed the entire rubber panel on the door and few repairs here and there. However, I need few weeks of driving to be 100% satisfied. As my car is still under warranty they didn’t charge a penny. They did ask for Rs. 500 for petrol when there were 5 petrol dots at the time of leaving the car at the servicing center 3 weeks back and they just drove for 90 Kms. After speaking to the manager they decided not to charge for the petrol as well. After a long struggle I am happy that I got my car back.
Sidd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 14:37   #2560
BHPian

Re: Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Aren't Honda cars niggle-free anymore?

Here are some interesting pictures I received on WA.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-whatsappimage20160610-2.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-whatsappimage20160610-3.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-whatsappimage20160610-1.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-whatsappimage20160610.jpg
barcalad is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 16:10   #2561
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India has put 2,00,000 Amazes on the roads, according to Mr Jnaneswar Sen, Sr Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Limited.

Launched in April 2013, the Amaze was the first Honda product which came with it's newly-developed 1.5L Earth Dreams i-DTEC diesel engine, and tasted immediate success in the Indian auto scene. Essentially, it paved the way for success in sales for the Honda brand in our country, which till then was plying on petrol power exclusively.

The Amaze has recently been launched in it's facelifted avatar, boasting of redesigned front looks and better in-cabin features and comforts.

Quote:
Talking about the success of the Honda Amaze, Jnaneswar Sen, Sr Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Limited, said, "During the span of 3 years, it has achieved sales milestone of 200,000 units bringing new customers into Honda fold. The car has been extremely popular in both big and smaller cities due to its strong value offering and Honda's core strengths of quality, durability and reliability."
ET
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 23:06   #2562
BHPian

PGM-FI light turns ON in My Honda Amaze

Hey Guys - I own an iDtec Honda Amaze. It's done about 26K on the odo in about 2.5 years.

Has stayed relatively trouble free and I take a lot of price in keeping my vehicles in top shape.

Last night, it rained in Gurgaon, the traffic crawled and so did; I in plain agony. During the slow heavy clutch driving, the PGM-FI LED on the dashboard turned on and stayed that way for the entire length of the 12 kms journey. I also experienced loss of power, the vehicle wasn't really picking up, it was slowly limbering to pick up. The 'efficiency' LED on the dashboard stopped glowing after that even with most rational drive.

After reaching home, I killed the engine and then decided to restart again and lo the PGM-FI light was gone.

Haven't driven my vehicle since then. Has anyone else experienced it, will be grateful for inputs/next steps/caution etc.

There was no prior post on the topic across the BHP forum. Little help was available on the internet, the only ones that I could figure out were PGM lights going ON in old civic and city.
Old 15th June 2016, 07:50   #2563
BHPian

Re: PGM-FI light turns ON in My Honda Amaze

Found the following. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Programmed Fuel Injection, or PGMFI/PGM-FI, is the name given by Honda to a proprietary digital electronic fuel injection system for internal combustion engines which injects the right amount of fuel per cylinder based on specific engine data, available since the late 1980s.
Quote:
The Engine Control Unit (ECU) has sensors which measure the temperatures of the engine, coolant, oil, and outside air as well as pressure sensors to monitor oil and barometric pressure. Based on these readings and the location of the throttle, the ECU calculates how much oxygen and fuel should be mixed for optimal and efficient performance.
source: Programmed fuel injection

Looks like the slow driving led to engine heating, eventually leading the sensors to trigger (trying to reduce more heat build up). And this in turn led to loss of power.
Old 15th June 2016, 08:35   #2564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjayant View Post
Has anyone else experienced it, will be grateful for inputs/next steps/caution etc.
kjayant

No matter how bad the crawl was, I really doubt that was reason for PGM-FI light to come ON. I may be wrong, if I was in your place, this is what I would suspect:
(1) Bad quality fuel messing with the fuel injectors
(2) Water in the fuel
(3) Water ingress in the engine ECU connector

As a next step, I would take the vehicle to the Honda A.S.S. and have them check for any error codes using the OBD tool. Even if not 'current', they may find some codes in 'history' which got cleared when you reset the ignition. That way, you will get an idea what 'was' wrong and take any corrective action if required.

It may be overkill, but I would also get the injectors and fuel tank cleaned, and fuel filter replaced; as a precautionary measure.
Old 15th June 2016, 10:38   #2565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjayant View Post
iDtec Honda Amaze.

Last night, it rained in Gurgaon,

I also experienced loss of power, the vehicle wasn't really picking up, it was slowly limbering to pick up. The 'efficiency' LED on the dashboard stopped glowing after that even with most rational drive.
To be on the safer side, I would request you to take the vehicle to the dealership immediately and have it checked for the infamous hydrolocking issue. Amaze was known to have issues when driving in rains.

Given that the warning errors were shown on the MID, they might reject the insurance later stating that you ignored the warning errors and continued usage led to the issues.

More details can be had here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rolocking.html
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks