Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2016, 20:42   #2536
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

I have Honda Amaze Petrol (S) that I purchased in May last year and it has clocked approx 7000 Kms till now. I have observed after a few weeks of purchase that if I drive with my front windows rolled down partially (2+ inches of open window), they rattle. Even if you close the door with partially rolled down window, it rattles. If you roll the windows half-way down, then it noise subsides. It seems when window pane in not in tension or is loose, it rattles.

On the first service I complained and they fixed some rattling that was coming from A pillar. They said that people have complained about A pillar rattling. I continued driving but window rattling remained as such. I complained to service station they did something but with not much difference. Dissatisfied, I complained to Honda. Again I was asked to visit the dealer. Their engineer took test ride and he said that it is normal as windows are a bit loose in guide rails and once you roll them up, they are OK.

So right now I can't drive with my windows rolled down partially even if weather is fine! I have, infact, started hearing faint squeaking noises near driver side B pillar. Earlier it used to absolutely noiseless. Service station did not find anything wrong.

I am pretty sure that something is amiss. I never faced any such problem with my 15 years old Santro. Has Honda really cut down on quality?! Was Dzire the better option?! I am force to think so. Pretty pissed off. Wondering if others too observed such rattling or squeaks or am I the only unfortunate guy.

Thanks

Last edited by ms_rana : 29th March 2016 at 20:43. Reason: Missed a line ...
Old 30th March 2016, 00:28   #2537

I have rattling sound coming from the driver side pillar. Complained it in all three services but of no use. Each time they either say they will do repacking or move the position of my reverse parking sensor display a bit. Nothing has helped till now. I drive almost 40km every day and the rattles really annoy me. Mine is a August 2015 vx diesel.
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:57   #2538
BHPian

Hi friends,
My diesel amaze S mt have clocked around 39000 km on the stock mrf tyre and its time to change them.
Have decided to go for mrf Zlo this time and also have decided to upsize the tyre to 195/60 r14.
Is any one using this tyre size?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Guru
Old 7th May 2016, 22:05   #2539
BANNED

Hi Friends,
I am happy to be here finally. I am using 2015 Honda Amaze Petrol VXMT as my ride. I have done 8000 km in my first year of usage. I have also come across some rattling sounds here and there. Service guys used to fix it in the service and they used to come back again.
Other than that i am happy with the vehicle and i am extracting a mileage of 13 Kmpl in Hyderabad roads and 17-18 Kmpl on long rides.
Old 8th May 2016, 10:09   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Hi friends,
My diesel amaze S mt have clocked around 39000 km on the stock mrf tyre and its time to change them.
Have decided to go for mrf Zlo this time and also have decided to upsize the tyre to 195/60 r14.
Is any one using this tyre size?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Guru
Hi Guru
I also have a Honda amaze vx idtech n i did change my tyres to continental cc5 as soon as i bought the car. My car came shod with JKs. Though I've been happy overall with the tyres, i would still recommend michelin xm2. I have them on my swift n they're in a different league as far as comfort goes.
I'm running stock size so would not know the difference between an upsize. Mrf are a little hard compound tyres generally lasting more but noisy too.

Guneet
Old 8th May 2016, 11:31   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guneet View Post
Hi Guru
I also have a Honda amaze vx idtech n i did change my tyres to continental cc5 as soon as i bought the car. My car came shod with JKs. Though I've been happy overall with the tyres, i would still recommend michelin xm2. I have them on my swift n they're in a different league as far as comfort goes.
I'm running stock size so would not know the difference between an upsize. Mrf are a little hard compound tyres generally lasting more but noisy too.

Guneet
Thanks Guneet,
I've changed my tyres to mrf zlo 195/60 r14 and it looks and also feels good.

Regarding the road noise, since i'm driving a diesel, the engine noise compensates on each and every thing else 😊.

Am yet to take a long drive next week.

Will update the performance once i'm done with it.

Regards,
Guru
Old 8th May 2016, 12:29   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guneet,
I've changed my tyres to mrf zlo 195/60 r14 and it looks and also feels good.

Regarding the road noise, since i'm driving a diesel, the engine noise compensates on each and every thing else 😊.

Am yet to take a long drive next week.

Will update the performance once i'm done with it.

Regards,
Guru
You're spot on here Guru. Amaze diesel is noisy specially under acceleration. I've been using swift diesel too n have driven 90000 kms in past 3 years but it is still more silent than my 20000 km and 1 year old amaze. Anyways enjoy your new tyres and do give your feedback on the upsize. I too plan to upsize on my next change.
Guneet
Old 9th May 2016, 10:52   #2543
BHPian

Back in 2013, I booked the idtec amaze without even taking a test drive, big mistake. Initially I thought my car had some problem considering the horrible engine noise. But later got the entire car sound damped plus hoodliner from STP. Upgraded the tyres to michelin energy xm2 stock size.
Now the NVH is pretty acceptable , also a loud ICE will help a lot here
Old 9th May 2016, 11:32   #2544

Mine is a September 2015 Amaze idtec. While the NVH is definitely better than the previous years, it is still not as good as the other brand diesels. But I always have my ICE(stock) on and mostly did not find the NVH to be a problem :-)
Old 9th May 2016, 13:59   #2545
BANNED

I have been using Amaze Petrol vxmt from past one year. I want to get my couple of doubts cleared with respect to this vehicle.

1) I have come across rear axle replacement issue in this thread. Hope only some vehicles are facing this issue. Please suggest whether there are any specific set of precautions to be taken to avoid this issue in my car ?

2) Whenever I am in slow moving traffic, i will try to move the vehicle forward by releasing the clutch in 2nd gear, and the vehicle will be crawling very slowly (thanks for the bad low end torque of ivtec ). Is this a good practice to follow or i have to be in 1st gear always in slow movement, with respect to wear & tear of the clutch.

Thanks.
Old 9th May 2016, 14:11   #2546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylthippo View Post

Whenever I am in slow moving traffic, i will try to move the vehicle forward by releasing the clutch in 2nd gear, and the vehicle will be crawling very slowly (thanks for the bad low end torque of ivtec ). Is this a good practice to follow or i have to be in 1st gear always in slow movement, with respect to wear & tear of the clutch.

Less low end torque + second gear means you need to play around with the clutch to avoid stalling the engine. Not good for the clutch in the long run. And your left knee too!

Would always suggest to come down to the appropriate gear (1st in this case) than play with the clutch to keep the vehicle moving.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 23:14   #2547
BHPian

Guys, my amaze S mt diesel have clocked over 40000 km.
Recently I have noticed a slight clicking noise from the rear wheels in bad road condition.
It's more of like the sound thats created when we leave some coins in the cup holder and drive on some bad roads.
I got it inspected by Sundaram Honda Madurai, and was asked to leave the car for diagnosis which will take atleast 3 to 4 days.
The SA also said that this sound comes from rear axle.
Have any of you experienced this problem in your car?

Regards,
Guru
Old 13th May 2016, 01:53   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, my amaze S mt diesel have clocked over 40000 km.
Recently I have noticed a slight clicking noise from the rear wheels in bad road condition.

Have any of you experienced this problem in your car?

Regards,
Guru

For sure it has something to do with the suspension. I experienced this in my car and the culprit was the suspension which needed an imm overhauling. Btw, this was too a Honda, a brio to be specific.
Old 13th May 2016, 18:20   #2549
BHPian

Hi Guru
The noise may well be coming from the suspension. My amaze had a rear shocker replaced under warranty when it was only 1000 km old. Got the 20000 km service done yesterday and the same shocker was found leaking again. Now comes the funny part. The SA says that this wont be covered under warranty as its ''seeping'' and not ''leaking''. I asked them to kindly tell me the difference. Oil once seen on the outside calls for replacement under warranty but they say its Honda's policy. Will have to wait till it makes noise. Have updated the GM of the service centre. Waiting for his reply
Old 20th May 2016, 18:37   #2550
BANNED

I am using Amaze Petrol and I will be out of country for a period of three to four months minimum. My car will be parked in our apartment stilt parking with out body cover and our watchman will be cleaning the exterior daily. I am planning to ask my wife to crank the engine weekly once and keep in idling for 5 minutes.
Is this enough to avoid any problems once i am back ?
Any suggestions in this regard ?
@MODS: If i am posting in wrong thread, please move to appropriate thread.

Most Viewed