Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 20:58   #16
BHPian

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Very nice and crisp write-up, h.s.r!
Congratulations on the Crossover, the D-U-S-T-E-R.
Show the car lots of tarmac and gravel also in the coming years!

The chrome surrounds around the fog lamps remind me of DC's duster. Looks classy and neat.

The last pic of the first post is quite a teaser, IMO!

Last edited by Loud : 12th June 2013 at 20:59.
Old 12th June 2013, 21:48   #17

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Way to go brother.... Nice pic, well my duster the reg no. Is ka-19-mc-8333

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th June 2013 at 07:28.
Old 13th June 2013, 01:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
Very detailed review !. You have focussed more on the fundamentals.

Looking forward to more pictures of your trip and how Duster performed in the colder, harsh climate and road conditions.
Thanks, Duster performed superbly in colder,harsh conditions.
I didn't have any doubts, since its an european vehicle & used extensively in snow like weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Great Read!! Very very detailed and informative. Have a blast with the car!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congratulations on your crossover. Duster has indeed hit a sweet spot for buyers. Would look forward to reading your trip log once you're through with the auto pilgrimage
Hope you have an hassle free ownership. Drive safe!!
Thanks,That trip was done in March 13 & it was more of work than leisure,will post pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Congratulations !!!
Nice pictures. Ride quality of Duster is too good. I felt like sitting in bullock cart, driving my X Trail just after test drive of Duster.
Driving position and cabin space is good but disappointed by gear shift and clutch action.
For pathetic road conditions and urben traffic I guess soft roaders like Duster and Ecosport equipped with auto box make more sense.

Happy miles ahead.
Thanks
Wow Duster provides better comfort than Xtrail. Yes gear shift is not smooth of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
hi,
Congratulations on your purchase..
you've mentioned that the fuel efficiency is good.. can you share more numbers? am looking to buy a new car and the duster is one of the contenders...
As i said fuel efficiency is remarkable.
You can get 20 KMPL or more than that with full load, if you drive sedately on highways.In city it fluctuates between 16 to 18 KMPL with A/C on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoque View Post
Congartulations on the new aquisition. This is one of the best reviews I have read on the Duster. Very detailed and focusing on the basics. It will definitely influence some of the potential buyers towards going ahead with the decision.
Which place is the travelogue of? The first teaser is a SUPERB picture and I would love to make it my desktop Wallpaper if it is Ok with you.
Thanks, your used ID is one of my favorite SUV.
You can put the picture as wallpaper,I don't know if you noticed or not, the concrete bridge is half broken, it collapsed on the day of opening,many labourers washed away by mighty river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats on the new drive, although its now many months "old" ! I was a bit lucky in getting the same trim a bit earlier. Because as per what I gathered pre-launch, I understood that the 85 would very easy for the city. So I had made a pre-launch booking for this trim. But post launch as you said, there were no 85 trims for TD. I had made it clear to the dealer, that I will confirm on the trim only after the 85 TD. That happened almost end of July. But since I was already in the queue, mine was allotted earlier. But having said that it still took almost 3 months for the trim to arrive while 110s kept flying past the shelves!
Thanks,
I guess got delivery same time around.
I booked 84 Bhp+O purely on basis of brochure.
I too took TD of 84 Bhp in July end.
I have been following your posts in official review & ICE thread.
Old 13th June 2013, 09:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Thanks, your used ID is one of my favorite SUV.
You can put the picture as wallpaper,I don't know if you noticed or not, the concrete bridge is half broken, it collapsed on the day of opening,many labourers washed away by mighty river.
I did notice the concrete bridge. In fact, it is one of major reasons that make the picture so intriguing. But I was under the impression that it was only half-built instead of half broken. You know, the situation where the "modern engineering could not do it but right next to it stands a bridge built many many years ago" type which reflects the sheer brilliance and engineering of the era gone by?
But sad to know that it is actually half broken and many labourers were washed away. Where is this btw? Or is that a suspense you are saving for the travelogue?
evoque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 10:44   #20
BHPian

Congrats on your buy! Wish you lots and loads of miles and smiles with this beauty.

* How well are your Philips Crystal vision H7 performing? Please share your first-hand experience with these bulbs.
* And, how much did a pair of H7 Crystal Vision Bulbs cost?
* If you had compared Crystal vision Vs Diamond Vision (I suppose you must have) before installation, your opinion / verdict on the same could help my decision too

Cheers!
M
Old 13th June 2013, 11:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

@HSR : Many congratulations for the new Duster.
Wish you many happy mile munching with her and a niggle free performance.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Old 13th June 2013, 11:50   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the ride. I'd suggest you getting your getting lower parts of the front and rear bumpers painted in body colour... Will add to the look... Just picked up a Duster as well. Here's a pic of mine with the painted bumpers and upgraded rims:
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-1.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-7.0.jpg
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 23:08   #23
BHPian

Excellent review, loved the detailing.
Regarding the trip, did you drive on snow, if so please do post in details the exprience you had.
Old 14th June 2013, 11:56   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
A very well rounded review there of your white ride complimented by some superb shots in day and night. Indeed a very sensible buy considering the use and driveability in city and highway conditions.

Must say one of the biggest positive is and will be the ride quality over rough surface, something which the Ecosport will most probably not able to trump (confirmed after hearing some of the test drives as well) ever.

Also very excited to see those preview pics of your travels and looking forward eager to hear and see them and your experience with the Duster.
Thanks,Yes biggest USP is ride quality over any kind of surface.
Ecosport disappointed me in terms of boot space.
Although it seems good package, but all depends on pricing of the Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@h.s.r
Congratulations on the Duster. Reading your thread shows how passionate you are to the details and about the SUV. Good pics too.

I had the opportunity to sit in BHPian engrohit's Duster during the Mumbai T-BHP meet and the car felt very spacious from inside. Also the ride quality experienced was great. So what mileage are you getting from the Duster?

Happy many more mile cruching, drive safely. Looking forward to your travelogues in the coming days
Thanks, I am getting 16 to 18 in city & 20 KMPL approx on highways.
One thing i have noticed air filter contributes lot towards better milage, if you have clogged or dirty air filter it will impact the milage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
Congrats on the new purchase. A nice review. Got acquainted much better with the Duster now.
Just a little surprised by absence of Safari/Storme in your-11s evaluation squad!
Your teaser photos have set anticipation for a mouth watering travelogue. Looking forward to the same.
Thanks,Safari was not considered due to A.S.S and niggles.
Storme although a leap ahead of old Safari still need to improve things like interiors for eg: Single din stereo,i don't understand Tata's strategy,if they can provide touchscreen,
GPS etc etc in Manza, why not in Storme & Tata please stop selling old models with the new one's. learn from Toyota, Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Congrats on the wonderful vehicle and a detailed, comprehensive and very well written review. Lovely photographs too, I must say. Your review genuinely highlights the pros and cons of the vehicle. Makes me think twice about whether to go for 110ps model or 85ps model.
How is the speed and stability on the highway. How is the overtaking ability at 100+ speeds. Are the brakes adequate for this sized vehicle?
Thanks, if you are not worried about fuel efficiency and turbo lag in the city,go for 110 else go for 85.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Nice coverage. While budget was a constrain why choose 84bhp model when you are doing regular outstation trips?
Reason to chose 84 Bhp was lesser turbo lag as compared to 108 Bhp in city.No rear A/C tower, while it stiil want safety features.Better mileage.
I drive on constant speed between 90 to 100 Kmh on highways.
84 Bhp is not underpowered considering the overall weight of the vehicle.
108 Bhp is more towards power delivery & would kick out other vehicles easily in terms of acceleration but fuel efficiency could drop to 11 to 12 Kmpl in city.
Old 16th June 2013, 19:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
Very nice and crisp write-up, h.s.r!
Congratulations on the Crossover, the D-U-S-T-E-R.
Show the car lots of tarmac and gravel also in the coming years!

The chrome surrounds around the fog lamps remind me of DC's duster. Looks classy and neat.

The last pic of the first post is quite a teaser, IMO!
Thanks,yup it will be tarmac for few months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboss View Post
Way to go brother.... Nice pic, well my duster the reg no. Is ka-19-mc-8333

[[/b]
Thanks. Well getting that reg no is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Congrats on your buy! Wish you lots and loads of miles and smiles with this beauty.

* How well are your Philips Crystal vision H7 performing? Please share your first-hand experience with these bulbs.
* And, how much did a pair of H7 Crystal Vision Bulbs cost?
* If you had compared Crystal vision Vs Diamond Vision (I suppose you must have) before installation, your opinion / verdict on the same could help my decision too
Cheers!
M
Thanks brother,if you ask me frankly crystal vision or diamond vision are all same only difference is blue tint,i haven't noticed any improve in light throw only difference is white light, after all they are 60/55W.if you want more light go for 90/100W with relay or go for HID's with projectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
@HSR : Many congratulations for the new Duster.
Wish you many happy mile munching with her and a niggle free performance.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
Thanks Bro, i am hoping for clocking some serious miles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Congrats on the ride. I'd suggest you getting your getting lower parts of the front and rear bumpers painted in body colour... Will add to the look... Just picked up a Duster as well. Here's a pic of mine with the painted bumpers and upgraded rims:
Thanks Man,Front & rear bumper paint is on the cards for sure,but not as of now, your ride looks cool,good choice of rims too.Right now i am planning carbon fibre vinyl wrap for rims, will see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Excellent review, loved the detailing.
Regarding the trip, did you drive on snow, if so please do post in details the exprience you had.
Thanks Himadri, i know you are early owners of Duster on TBhp & have taken your ride to some extreme places.
Your workarounds for niggles are very useful.Keep them coming.
I didn't drive on snow, actually i wanted to & see how it performs,but there wasn't any on road, where i could drive.
h.s.r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2013, 07:31   #26
BHPian

Thanks for the nice review H.S.R. Wish you a long association with Duster. Having used it for about an year now, I would like have your opinion on..

1. Suitability of the Single beading Door arrangement in avoiding water ingress from outside to interior.

2. You look to Drive frequently in B2B traffic. How hard is the clutch? End of the day are you comfortable with its hardness?

3. In long drives do you feel any discomfort due to lack of Dead Pedal next to clutch pedal.
Old 23rd June 2013, 18:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Thanks for the nice review H.S.R. Wish you a long association with Duster. Having used it for about an year now, I would like have your opinion on..

1. Suitability of the Single beading Door arrangement in avoiding water ingress from outside to interior.

2. You look to Drive frequently in B2B traffic. How hard is the clutch? End of the day are you comfortable with its hardness?

3. In long drives do you feel any discomfort due to lack of Dead Pedal next to clutch pedal.
1. No problems whatsoever related to door beadings till now.
2. I don't find Duster's clutch hard at all.May be Scorpio effect.
3. There is ample space on left of the clutch to keep foot. Portion is slightly raised as well.
Take a TD & you will know what i am talking about.I usually fold my left leg towards backward on long drives, i feel comfortable that way.
Old 24th June 2013, 12:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
1. No problems whatsoever related to door beadings till now.
2. I don't find Duster's clutch hard at all.May be Scorpio effect.
3. There is ample space on left of the clutch to keep foot. Portion is slightly raised as well.
Take a TD & you will know what i am talking about.I usually fold my left leg towards backward on long drives, i feel comfortable that way.
Oh.. Thanks for your reply. That makes me more inclained towards Duster as my next car. Thanks again.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 00:31   #29
BHPian

Duster looks super cool in white colour.

Found something very interesting on the net. A white Dacia duster done up nicely. I guess the subtle body graphic (stripes on the doors) will look fantastic on your car.
Attached Thumbnails
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-dacia-duster-elia.jpg  

arunu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 12:47   #30
BHPian

I reiterate the point my fellow members have already made quite evident " great detailed review", I have the same Silver 85 BHP optional pack with the MediaNAV system. Just wanted to know how much did the LED upgrade and the horns cost you.
Cheers
Speed
Speedme is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks