Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 10:03   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Only the rattling sounds from the doors/window is a real bummer in an otherwise superb vehicle. It just brings down the owning experience by a lot many notches.
Damp both the inner and outer linings of the doors. I think the rattle can almost be removed. Plus you would get the "feel" of a heavier door.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 11:18   #47
BHPian

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Quote:
Congrats for taking such a great trip in the Duster. It is an excellent vehicle best suited to our Indian roads- not very bulky too.
I just wish that they gave an AT version with a 2.0L petrol (which will have a niche demand only, fancy word for low demand)
Only the rattling sounds from the doors/window is a real bummer in an otherwise superb vehicle. It just brings down the owning experience by a lot many notches.
How did the AC perform and did you feel any loss of power in the mountains?
Thanks man,the vehicle exceeded my expectations, it performed superbly,i never felt loss of power,AC is letdown in IMO,blower speed 2 is inadequate & 3 is noisy,Climate Control is another feature is sorely missed in Duster along with front armrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Damp both the inner and outer linings of the doors. I think the rattle can almost be removed. Plus you would get the "feel" of a heavier door.
I was told by accessory shop that door trim locks tends to break up while removing trims,so i was advised not to get them opened unnecessarily,one of the member here is having problems with the water creping in from door,he was told speaker setup caused the problems.
These things are refraining me from getting them damped.
How was your experience,I know door damping enhances the feel & want get them done i just don't like the sound of closing rear doors.
Old 11th September 2013, 11:22   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
How was your experience,I know door damping enhances the feel & want get them done i just don't like the sound of closing rear doors.
No issues till date. I got both inner and outer linings damped. I have seen through one monsoon and second is in progress. (And I am staring at 21K on the odo.)

Last edited by ampere : 11th September 2013 at 11:26.
Old 11th September 2013, 11:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
No issues till date. I got both inner and outer linings damped. I have seen through one monsoon and second is in progress. (And I am staring at 21K on the odo.)
Great,that's motivating.
Any pictures of the work done, so that I can tell accessory guy to dampen which part.
Which material was used?
How much it cost you?
Old 11th September 2013, 11:37   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Great,that's motivating.
Any pictures of the work done, so that I can tell accessory guy to dampen which part.
Which material was used?
How much it cost you?
I dont have any snaps. Its was all fixed about a year back. Material used was Dynamat. They typically use only around the speaker region. I asked them install the whole sheet all through the inner and outer lining. Costed about 14K. (The material I gather is expensive. But the guys did good work)

Last edited by ampere : 11th September 2013 at 11:39.
Old 11th September 2013, 12:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I dont have any snaps. Its was all fixed about a year back. Material used was Dynamat. They typically use only around the speaker region. I asked them install the whole sheet all through the inner and outer lining. Costed about 14K. (The material I gather is expensive. But the guys did good work)
Alright, thanks for sharing,since Dynamat is used high cost is justified.
Old 11th September 2013, 17:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
...... except few niggles like rattling sound from doors and somewhere in the dashboard........
Quote:

Only the rattling sounds from the doors/window is a real bummer in an otherwise superb vehicle. It just brings down the owning experience by a lot many notches......
Guys,
I have already posted this info in my ownership report and our duster review. In case you have missed it,try this DIY if you have the time,patience and the ability to take the risk if the rattles are bothering you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3223860

I have completed around 1000 Kms as of today after this DIY and I must say, excepting a slight difficulty in closing the door, everything is perfect. I have also found out that bad odours creeping inside the cabin is totally eliminated now. There are some tanneries near ranipet and ambur, which makes the cabin stink on all my previous trips. Now, the cabin is almost smell free.
Cheers
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:18   #53
BHPian

Guys time for an update.
I was looking for a front armrest for Duster.
I have done quite a research on this.
I wanted armrest which doesn't become a pain to use & also keep all functions working like putting seat belt,engaging handbrake & rear cup holder.
My search ended with the armrest of Tata Safari.
I bought complete set which includes Armrest & lever on which armrest fits & moves.
This is complete DIY.
Here's pictures of the install.
Excuse the cosmetic part.
Its still needs to be wrapped in art leather.
What say guys.
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-img2013101600003.jpg
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-img2013101600001.jpg
h.s.r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 23:06   #54
BHPian

Quote:
My search ended with the armrest of Tata Safari.
Thanks for sharing this. We all would appreciate some some details of how the armrest was installed onto the seat.
Looks like it is not disturbing the hand brake access and yet will provide sufficient support. Do share the details and experience.
Old 16th October 2013, 23:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Thanks for sharing this. We all would appreciate some some details of how the armrest was installed onto the seat.
Looks like it is not disturbing the hand brake access and yet will provide sufficient support. Do share the details and experience.
So far experience has been good.
I have been to 1200 Kms round trip after fitment, no problems whatsoever.
Fitting is just like OEM IMO.
It is bolted on the metal frame of the seat.
2 holes are required for the fitment.
1 hole was already there on the frame, so i used that hole.
I drilled 1 hole and fasten the lever on the frame.
I will share the picture, so that everyone would get better idea of the install.
h.s.r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 21:08   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Can you tell me where I can get this done in Mumbai
Old 19th October 2013, 21:59   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohintonw View Post
Can you tell me where I can get this done in Mumbai
Mumbai ? I got it done in Bangalore. No idea about Mumbai.
(I see your location as Bangalore !)
Old 20th October 2013, 12:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

The arm-rest looks good, it's almost as if it was made for the Duster, it's been finished neatly too, makes me want to get one for my Safari now!
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 06:46   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Mumbai ? I got it done in Bangalore. No idea about Mumbai.
(I see your location as Bangalore !)
Ampere will this work for RxZ (with the rear seats aircon blower)? Can you please share where you got it done in Blr? Thanks n cheers
Old 26th October 2013, 08:39   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Ampere will this work for RxZ (with the rear seats aircon blower)? Can you please share where you got it done in Blr? Thanks n cheers
Yes it works like a charm on any car and not just Duster. The damping mats make a huge difference to audio quality and the added benefit is the solid feel in the doors instead of hollow.

You can actually take a look at Ampere's car in person once you're back, he stays nearby

I think he got it done in Sachin's auto shop but there are quite a few others as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks