Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 13:23   #31
BHPian

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedme View Post
I reiterate the point my fellow members have already made quite evident " great detailed review",
I have the same Silver 85 BHP optional pack with the MediaNAV system. Just wanted to know how much did the LED upgrade and the horns cost you.
Cheers
Speed
Horn cost me 2K with relay & fitting.
Led upgrades cost me 4K approx, which includes Philips Crystal Vision H7 Low beam headlamps.
PS : If going for led upgrades, make sure you go for OBD error free one's,otherwise you will get OBD error for sure.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 12:29   #32
BHPian

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Hi h.s.r,
Could you please share more details and photos of the shadow ghost light. Photos of the fitting and light itself. I was wondering if instead of shadow ghost light, puddle lights could be very practical.

How have you ensured warranty is not hampered during this retrofit?
Old 5th August 2013, 15:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi h.s.r,
Could you please share more details and photos of the shadow ghost light. Photos of the fitting and light itself. I was wondering if instead of shadow ghost light, puddle lights could be very practical.

Sorry for late reply, i am on a trip to kashmir right now.
Gost light is fitted with a hole drilled with bit provided & is fiited fitted on plastic trim of the door facing downwards.
Will share pics & more info once trip is over.
Old 5th August 2013, 15:57   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Gost light is fitted with a hole drilled with bit provided & is fiited fitted on plastic trim of the door facing downwards.
But the lower part of the door is metal, not plastic trim. The plastic trim of the door is only the door pads.
Old 9th August 2013, 13:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But the lower part of the door is metal, not plastic trim. The plastic trim of the door is only the door pads.
As i said earlier, it is fitted on plastic door trim,not in metal part, i will upload pictures for better understanding.
Old 18th August 2013, 10:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hi h.s.r,

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-09082013856.jpg
This is how its fitted on the door.No door trim was removed in the process.Its actually fitted in the door pocket.I didn't go for door trim removal, as i could result in door rattling.
No wires were cut in the process, wires are connected directly on to the indoor light jack.It works just like puddle lamp, only difference is that, i have to open the door throw light on the floor.I am in process of fitting eagle lights under OVRM's so that they can be used as proper puddle lamps.
Old 8th September 2013, 17:34   #37
BHPian

Guys here are my pictures of the road trips of kashmir undertook in last 6 Months.No need to mention the vehicle used.

Trip covers almost all parts of the Kashmir valley.
Here's name of the places i covered
1. Srinagar
2. Baramulla
3. Uri
4. Sialkot
5. Kupawara
6. Sonmarg
7. Baltal
8. Zozilla Bye Pass (Not Zozilla Pass)

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-17032013160.jpg
Kaman post is LOC's last post on Indian side.

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-17032013161-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-17032013175.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-19032013177.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-17032013162-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-17032013171-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-17032013174-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-19032013178.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-gurudwara-paranpilan-sahib-satelite-view.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-jk-map.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-jk-map-2.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-jk-map-3.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-jk-map-4.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-golf-club.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-golf-club-2.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-helipad-2.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-helipad-3.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-pari-mahal.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-pari-mahal-2.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-pari-mahal-3-2.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-pari-mahal-3.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-pari-mahal-history.jpg

Witnessed the most beautiful Sunset ever
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-sunset.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-sunset-01.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-sunset-02.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-sunset-03.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-sunset-04.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-sunset-05.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-sunset-06.jpg

More to Follow..
h.s.r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 23:27   #38
BHPian

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-chenab.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-jehlum-4-2.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-jehlum-4.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-tangamulla-panaromic.jpg
h.s.r is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 11:37   #39
BHPian

Mind blowing pictures. I've always maintained that the Duster brings out the travel bug inside every owner and you himadri are living proof of that. I am pretty sure that the reliability and other positive attributes of the Duster helped you no end in kindling the wanderlust in you. Do keep us posted on any issues/incidents that you faced with the Duster.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 23:27   #40
BHPian

You would be the first duster owner on tbhp to go to leh.
This is a great achievement on its own. Superb set of photographs.
Waiting for more.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 20:31   #41
BHPian

Hi

In post 37 you mentioned the places you visited.

What was the route you took to get to Sialkot with the Duster?

regards
Old 11th September 2013, 01:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Mind blowing pictures. I've always maintained that the Duster brings out the travel bug inside every owner and you himadri are living proof of that. I am pretty sure that the reliability and other positive attributes of the Duster helped you no end in kindling the wanderlust in you. Do keep us posted on any issues/incidents that you faced with the Duster.
You are right, it does bring out that bug,i have driven close to 7k on hilly areas in Duster, no issues so far in terms of reliability, except few niggles like rattling sound from doors and somewhere in the dashboard.Another peculiar problem i am facing is water accumulating in the boot lid. As soon as i open boot water gushes out from the lid.Still not able to figure out the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
You would be the first duster owner on tbhp to go to leh.
This is a great achievement on its own. Superb set of photographs.
Waiting for more.
Thanks Himadri, i haven't been to leh, but quite close to it, which is zozilla pass. Actually that day trip was planned from Srinagar to Sonmarg but later extended to Baltal & Zozilla,i m very desperate to go Leh in my Duster,unfortunately that would not happen this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

In post 37 you mentioned the places you visited.

What was the route you took to get to Sialkot with the Duster?

regards
For Sialkote there are two routes from Srinagar
1. Srinagar-Sopore-Handwara-Sialkote.
2. Srinagar-Baramulla-Take right on to handwara road-Then take left for Sialkote.
I went straight to Uri from Srinagar via Baramulla, while coming back from Uri took left from baramulla on to Handwara Road & left again for Sialkote.
If one needs to go Sialkote from Srinagar i would suggest to go via baramulla,
its simple and more friendly.
Last picture in my previous post is of village Tangamulla near Sialkote.

Last edited by h.s.r : 11th September 2013 at 01:40. Reason: Adding detail
Old 11th September 2013, 01:33   #43
BHPian

Here's another set of pictures.

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-27072013766.jpg
Dal lake
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-27072013767.jpg
Srinagar-Sonmarg road
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013768-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013769.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013770.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013771-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013772-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013773-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013774-copy.jpg
Notice the Glacier and river flowing.
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013775-copy.jpg
My favorite roads Twistys
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013776-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013777-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013778-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013779-copy.jpg
Boating at Sonmarg
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013780-copy.jpg

More to come..
h.s.r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 02:31   #44
BHPian

This is last leg of pictures
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013830-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013831-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013832-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013833-copy.jpg

After Sonmarg, green mountains vanish,terrain becomes more hostile.
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013834-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013835-copy.jpg

Baltal from a cliff, this is from where Amarnath yatra starts on foot as well as on helicopter.Truly mesmerizing view.
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013837-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013840.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013841-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013842-copy.jpg

It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013845-copy.jpg

Can you spot a road.
Zozilla bye pass road, it is used when Zozilla pass closes down,hardly wide enough for a truck.
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013846-copy.jpg

This was taken on way to Sialkote just after crossing Jehlum bridge in baramulla.
Yes, its in Indian territory.
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-26052011732-copy.jpg

This is my favorite shot, Soldier standing next to Duster is on duty, guarding us putting their life to risk.
It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review-28072013836-copy.jpg

This is all as of now from my side.
Next trip in winter is on the cards.
Till then take care & stay blessed.
h.s.r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 09:55   #45
BHPian

Congrats for taking such a great trip in the Duster. It is an excellent vehicle best suited to our Indian roads- not very bulky too.
I just wish that they gave an AT version with a 2.0L petrol (which will have a niche demand only, fancy word for low demand)

Only the rattling sounds from the doors/window is a real bummer in an otherwise superb vehicle. It just brings down the owning experience by a lot many notches.

How did the AC perform and did you feel any loss of power in the mountains?
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks