Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 13:58   #76

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Try sourcing it from Mayapuri. It got a complete set with fitting from there.
Hi,

Any particular shop in Mayapuri? Want to avoid getting cheated and passed on inferior product

Also would you mind sharing how much it cost?

Thanks.
Old 28th December 2014, 17:37   #77
BHPian

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by anexas06 View Post
Hi,

Any particular shop in Mayapuri? Want to avoid getting cheated and passed on inferior product

Also would you mind sharing how much it cost?

Thanks.
Its very hard to find brand new arm rest which would fit to duster from mayapuri or any other place .
The one's i have fitted are from Safari.
Shop from which i bought them is 'Sai Kripa Seats B96,Phase 2, Mayapuri & contact no of the person is 9711186683'
Ask for complete fitting with hinges.
I bought them used, repainted them & matching cover with the seats.
Happy finding.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 03:49   #78
BHPian

Great review brother. Could you also please cover your experience with Renault A.S.S and maintenance cost of owning a Duster?
Old 4th January 2015, 11:48   #79
BHPian

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Great review brother. Could you also please cover your experience with Renault A.S.S and maintenance cost of owning a Duster?
The Experience with A.S.S is satisfactory as of now.
I have given my vehicle for rust problem & is currently with A.S.S
Maintainence cost i beleive is manageable only till you have warranty which is 4 years or 80k kms.After that it will be on higher side, espacially when vehicle started to age.
Spare parts are priced high for this vehicle & build quality is nothing to talk about.
Old 23rd May 2015, 08:13   #80

Re: It’s an SUV, it's a Sedan...No it's a Crossover! The Renault DUSTER: Ownership Review

Hi. We have been using the 110PS RXL model for the last 2 years and have done almost 50k kms on it. The car has performed exceptionally with whatever we have thrown towards it. However, I've been having a concern for the last few weeks and wanted clarity on possible solutions. Immediately after buying the car, I had got aftermarket alloys fitted. As I didn't have much knowledge of the important considerations at that time, the only things I looked for was the tyre size (kept stock) and looks.

Now that the car has run for sufficient kms, and that I've also read about pros and cons of aftermarket alloys, I am thinking of moving back to stock rims. The issue is that there have been some 'kat kat' noise coming out of the front suspension whenever the wheel is turned fully or when it goes in a pothole. Also, the steering wobbles post 120kmph, and I've been told by various mechanics that this is typical behaviour with aftermarket alloys.

Is this actually true? Can this harm the suspension in the long run?
Old 24th May 2015, 11:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhasin11 View Post
Hi. We have been using the 110PS RXL model for the last 2 years and have done almost 50k kms on it.
Now that the car has run for sufficient kms, and that I've also read about pros and cons of aftermarket alloys, I am thinking of moving back to stock rims. The issue is that there have been some 'kat kat' noise coming out of the front suspension whenever the wheel is turned fully or when it goes in a pothole. Also, the steering wobbles post 120kmph, and I've been told by various mechanics that this is typical behaviour with aftermarket alloys.

Is this actually true? Can this harm the suspension in the long run?
If you hear sound while turning the steering wheel fully,then there is possibility that tie rod ends have worn out.
Steering wobble happens due to many factors like:
Irregular Wheel Alignment.
Wheel balancing of front Tyres.
Wrong PCD of Alloy wheels.
Old 24th May 2015, 16:01   #82

Quote:
If you hear sound while turning the steering wheel fully,then there is possibility that tie rod ends have worn out.
Steering wobble happens due to many factors like:
Irregular Wheel Alignment.
Wheel balancing of front Tyres.
Wrong PCD of Alloy wheels.
For the sound, I will get the suspension checked again.

I've got the alignment and balancing checked and that is fine. The ASC refuses to do the alignment and balancing because of the aftermarket alloys, so I've always got it done from a trusted tyre dealer. That leaves me with the 3rd possibility. Now I understand that PCD could be the reason, and frankly, I didn't know of the importance of it when I got them fitted 2 years back.

What is the solution now? Should I switch back the stock steel rims?
Old 4th June 2015, 02:24   #83
BHPian

Hi H.S.R..
It’s a great review..I have also purchased Duster last month and looking for an arm rest.
Although I can see many options online but not sure about the quality.
Did you get a chance to wrap the arm rest with matching leather, if yes can you please post some pictures.
And I noticed that you have not opted for seat covers, please correct me if I am wrong, any particular reason about that?
Old 22nd June 2015, 21:27   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi H.S.R..
It’s a great review..I have also purchased Duster last month and looking for an arm rest.
Although I can see many options online but not sure about the quality.
Did you get a chance to wrap the arm rest with matching leather, if yes can you please post some pictures.
And I noticed that you have not opted for seat covers, please correct me if I am wrong, any particular reason about that?
Yes, Arm rests were wrapped in art leather matching with seat covers.
I got seat covers fitted almost year after purchasing the vehicle.
They were not fitted at time of putting up review.
Old 12th September 2016, 22:01   #85

hi, I'm planning to buy Duster RXL, though still not sure about 85 BHP or 110 BHP. I wanted to ask
1) how is your duster holding up?
2) How is the long term reliability?
3) As you mentioned, are the repair and maintenance cost too high after warranty is over?
4) I'm a sedate driver, so is 85 BHP recommended?
5) Is 85 BHP model comfortable in doing speeds above 100 kmph or does it feels strained?

Thanks in advance
Old 14th September 2016, 17:19   #86
BHPian

I have done almost 42k kms in 3.5 years because i use Duster only on highways,not in city.For city driving i use smaller vehicle.
1. My Duster has following issues
A. Constant rattling from dashboard(Although sound is very low)
B. AC not up to the par, especially for rear passangers. My cars A/C filter was not changed at all by Renault Workshop although i was charged for it,which resulted in weak airflow, after filter change,it is much better now.
C. Rusting problem from under hood, roof panel and rear tail lamp garnish showing signs of rusting.
D.Water Seepage from rear right door during heavy rains.Rear child lock refuse to work, so you cannot open rear door from inside.(Got it repaired once but problem started again after few days.)
2. About reliability, Only thing which is reliable in Duster is its Engine i beleive.
I am also worried about long term reliabilty as warranty of my Duster is going to expire in Nov.
3. Atleast i beleive its on higher side,my advise source parts & get it repaired or service outside.
4. Yes, i would recommend 84 Bhp.
5. On 84 Bhp,till 100 kmh U wont even feel it Between 100 & 120 its comfortable for engine.After 120 engine starts straining,Atleast i feel it.
I am also a sedate driver & i usually drive between 90 to 110.I dont go beyond 110 under normal circumstances.
Old 17th September 2016, 11:38   #87

Quote:
I have done almost 42k kms in 3.5 years because i use Duster only on highways,not in city.For city driving i use smaller vehicle.
1. My Duster has following issues
A. Constant rattling from dashboard(Although sound is very low)
B. AC not up to the par, especially for rear passangers. My cars A/C filter was not changed at all by Renault Workshop although i was charged for it,which resulted in weak airflow, after filter change,it is much better now.
C. Rusting problem from under hood, roof panel and rear tail lamp garnish showing signs of rusting.
D.Water Seepage from rear right door during heavy rains.Rear child lock refuse to work, so you cannot open rear door from inside.(Got it repaired once but problem started again after few days.)
2. About reliability, Only thing which is reliable in Duster is its Engine i beleive.
I am also worried about long term reliabilty as warranty of my Duster is going to expire in Nov.
3. Atleast i beleive its on higher side,my advise source parts & get it repaired or service outside.
4. Yes, i would recommend 84 Bhp.
5. On 84 Bhp,till 100 kmh U wont even feel it Between 100 & 120 its comfortable for engine.After 120 engine starts straining,Atleast i feel it.
I am also a sedate driver & i usually drive between 90 to 110.I dont go beyond 110 under normal circumstances.
Thanks a lot for the reply.
SVS1806 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks