Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:44   #196
BHPian

Re: 3rd FREE SERVICE - 14500KMS - UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
During alignment I think they did not lock up the steering wheel so its moderately off center. So when Im going dead straight, the steering is tilted to the right by a small degree.
@narayan - Generally many of us here feel that A.S.S of any car manufacturer messes up the wheel alignment/balancing and prefer giving it outside to local tyre workshop. I for instance hardly gave my Wagon R for alignment/balancing to MASS during routine service and preferred a local garage in my city who does a better job. I feel you should consider doing the alignment/balancing outside of TASS once you identify good local garage! I know this will make AMC redundant but still you can consider this as an option - Just a thought
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:14   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
@narayan - Generally many of us here feel that A.S.S of any car manufacturer messes up the wheel alignment/balancing and prefer giving it outside to local tyre workshop.
Fully agree with you. Since it was part of this service, I let them do it. From now on, even if it is part of the service, I guess I should just get it done outside as well
Old 2nd May 2014, 13:18   #198
BHPian

re: Stormed and How! Tata Safari Storme LX Review. EDIT: Sold!

Narayan, can you please post some photos of the interiors of the LX. I am asking this because all the showroom vehicles here have the VX in display and I am yet to see the black interiors. I am about to start my process of buying one pretty soon. Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2014, 16:47   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
Narayan, can you please post some photos of the interiors of the LX. I am asking this because all the showroom vehicles here have the VX in display and I am yet to see the black interiors. I am about to start my process of buying one pretty soon. Thanks.

Garyag - I will have to take some pics and post. Let me see over the weekend. In the interim you may refer the Ex interiors shown in the below threads and note the below changes

1) The silver inserts around the a/c vents and in the Steering wheel are black
2) Seats that look totally beige are a mix of beige and black. Only the middle square is beige and the rest are black

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-36.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-32.html

As I have said elsewhere in the forum, the Lx interiors IMHO are the best given the high amount of black. An all black interior like the European model would have been ideal for the Indian scenario as well

On a related note, please also ask the dealer if he has a yard nearby and you can check for an Lx. Sometimes pictures may not convey the real feel
Old 3rd May 2014, 10:10   #200
BHPian

Quote:

On a related note, please also ask the dealer if he has a yard nearby and you can check for an Lx. Sometimes pictures may not convey the real feel
Thanks Narayan. Couple of dealers whom I visited didnt had any LX or EX in the yard at that time. I will make an effort to see the car in person and push the dealer once I am close to booking one in the next couple of weeks.

Agree that all black looks much better than all beige, only difference is the false sense of space that an all beige imparts but with a 5 year old son who will eventually use it as a football field, all black makes sense.
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:01   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyag79 View Post
only difference is the false sense of space that an all beige imparts but with a 5 year old son who will eventually use it as a football field, all black makes sense.
Trust me -- in the Storme you don't need any false sense of space !
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:03   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the vehicle felt very smooth before the service and somehow feel its not so smooth after the service ! Is this because of the new oil ? Am I suffering from stage 3 Petrol headism or what ?
@Narayan, any more details on this ? When you say not smooth, what exactly is not smooth ?

Is it due to sound / pick-up / .. ?

Fresh oil will make the engine smoother.
Old 3rd May 2014, 17:56   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Narayan, any more details on this ? When you say not smooth, what exactly is not smooth ?

Is it due to sound / pick-up / .. ?

Fresh oil will make the engine smoother.
I felt it wasn't revving easily after 2k rpm. Took it for a spin in the highway today and felt better. Monday I need to get the steering centered
Old 3rd May 2014, 18:40   #204
BHPian

hi narayan, have read your thread with great interest, excellent updates by you. i am caught in a dilemma between the duster and storme. in your opinion which would opt for now.
Old 3rd May 2014, 22:13   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
i am caught in a dilemma between the duster and storme. in your opinion which would opt for now.
I would personally go for the Storme ( which is why I bought one ) but take a decision carefully based on your needs and priorities
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 13:47   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2) 2 new problems crept up as I drove back home from the service.

a) During alignment I think they did not lock up the steering wheel so its moderately off center. So when Im going dead straight, the steering is tilted to the right by a small degree. Not a major issue but it irritates people like us in the forum who have a these petrol head OCDs. A normal driver would care less about such variations in the steering alignment
Today the TASS mechanic came over to my office with the required tools to open up the steering and adjusted the centre nut to straighten the steering a bit. So this problem is sorted out. to TASS for having this done at my office itself without having to take the vehicle there.

Understood from the mechanic that his job is to only visit customer places to fix odd things which the customers face after a service to avoid them bringing the car again to TASS.
Old 7th May 2014, 11:59   #207
BHPian

Narayan, I had a question on the LX variant. In particular the fact that it does not have the roof mounted AC in the 2nd row. How much is the absence of this impacting the passengers in the middle row and the jump seats?
Old 7th May 2014, 12:45   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Narayan, I had a question on the LX variant. In particular the fact that it does not have the roof mounted AC in the 2nd row. How much is the absence of this impacting the passengers in the middle row and the jump seats?
Not by much for the middle row given that there is a floor mounted unit. The last row will definetly feel the pinch on a hot summer day. But that is not an issue for me because I have never had passengers in the last row ( no one will agree to sit there anyway even with an a/c ! ). If your vehicle is left in the hot sun and then you start off, even the 2nd row passengers might feel a bit uncomfortable with just the floor unit but you can manage these situations by parking under shade/diverting the middle vents in the front to the 2nd row etc.
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 03:24   #209
BANNED

Hi. The biggest (relevant) difference between the EX and LX seems to the height adjustable seats, rear wipers and rear mounted AC. Now if we discount the last two, have you pondered upon retrofitting the height adjustable seats of the EX onto your beast? Is that even a possibility?
Old 17th May 2014, 13:13   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Hi. The biggest (relevant) difference between the EX and LX seems to the height adjustable seats, rear wipers and rear mounted AC. Now if we discount the last two, have you pondered upon retrofitting the height adjustable seats of the EX onto your beast? Is that even a possibility?
The Storme actually has a slight ergonomic problem on the driver side. For average 5'10" guys the stock driving position is good ( a bit of a twist to get in though ). I feel for most people the height adjustment is redundant ( so is the height adjust for the steering wheel which remains best at the top most position )
narayan is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks