Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 11:14   #46

Re: Ford EcoSport Petrol AT mileage at 498 Kilometers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Engine guard is a nice to have, if you have money to spend, maybe get an aftermarket accessory when its available. Ford accessories are terribly overpriced. Remember, sedans which have lower GC don't necessarily come with engine guards and work just fine.

Paint protection yes and right away. Its way more effective if done while the paint is new and the car is scratch less. Get it done by 3M though you may think its expensive. Its worth it. There is no end to the kind of treatments you can get done at 3M but you got to understand your usage, the kind of roads you drive on regularly and the money you got to spend.

Happy driving! I own a Tdci Titanium and have spent around 30k at 3M as soon as i got my car.
Thank you Nilesh!

An expenditure of 30k right now, on the car, would give me the BPL status without any doubt. So, I'll search for a reputed 3M agent here in Mangalore and see if there are any other 3M products which are monetarily more accessible than what you had mentioned.

I'm lookling at the following, most essential stuff,

1. Underbody coating
2. Paint Protection
3. Engine Guard (Not from 3M, perhaps the Ford accessory itself)

Funnily, after coming to know about the prices of Rear View Cameras and Parking Sensors, my reflexes have voluntarily increased their efficiency to help me park without using techie stuff. Surely, my senses can adapt to the balance in my wallet.
firsttimeowner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 23:40   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner View Post
Congrats Murugan!

My ES 1.5L MT Trend is one day elder to yours! I got the delivery on 8 Sep 2013.

I had originally planned to take the delivery on Vinayaka Chaturthi. However, some religious and spiritual inputs from my mom and dad which I generally donot understand made me take the delivery one day before Vinayaka Chaturthi.

I too had driven approximately 400 Kms after the delivery, from the dealership to home. However, the variant being Trend, I was unable to check the mileage. (Or am I missing something?)

It is great to see that I too had undergone the same procedure of driving on lemons and breaking a coconut before first ignition. I should not I also tied chillies to the grill along with lemons and a garland. All for some planetary satisfaction.

BTW, do you plan to get an Engine guard for your vehicle. I've seen discussion of engine guard in the diesel variants, wanted to know if the petrol variant too deserves one.

Also, please let me know if you plan to get a wax treatment or paint protection coat done because I'm highly uneducated in this front.

THanks!
Is yours a 1.5 petrol or diesel?

If petrol it is the first 1.5 petrol on team bhp.
Red Color Lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 11:00   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post

Red Color Lover,

Yeah, its a 1.5L Petrol! Perhaps its the first! I don't know. But it surely feels good to be first!

I'm sure my ES also feels the same!

I haven't put up a new thread in the Initial Ownership Section because I'm neither technically equipped for an exhaustive review nor does my job allow me enough time to. I'd have loved to though! I'm looking forward for a long trip to Bekal Fort some time soon, all depends on how hectic my wife is at work. :P I thought I'll put up a mini review of my mini SUV after that trip.
Old 16th September 2013, 00:58   #49
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
23 August 2013, Friday - Ford EcoSport delivered without advance booking amount!

our EcoSport was registered with the RTO and delivered to us today 23.August.2013.
Quote:
Congrats Murugan!

My ES 1.5L MT Trend...I got the delivery on 8 Sep 2013.
Quote:

Quote:
Red Color Lover,

Yeah, its a 1.5L Petrol! Perhaps its the first! I don't know. But it surely feels good to be first!

I'm sure my ES also feels the same!
Neither of our EcoSport urban SUVs are the first 1.5 L Petrols on team-bhp Red Color Lover. royfernandez had his EcoSport 1.5L Petrol AT delivered on 09.August.2013 and posted his initial ownership review on 19.August.2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post

I had initially booked Mars Red colour and then changed the model from Diesel to Automatic and Sea Grey color.

When D day for delivery finally arrived – 9-Aug-13 (RAMADAN DAY) I met Mr. Sanjay at the MPL Ford pick-up point who patiently explained the car features and did all the paper work all in a matter of 10 minutes.
Sorry about that firsttimeowner.
Murugan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 23:35   #50
BHPian

Mileage with 645 kilometers on the odometer

Ford mentions in its manual not to check the mileage during the engine break-in period of 1500 to 1600 kilometers. It also says that the mileage will improve after that. Still I thought I will share the mileage at a odometer reading of 645 kilometers for our EcoSport AT. This was done by the tank full to tank full method today. 383 kilometers for 45.25 liters = 8.46 km/L. The range remaining was 68 kilometers. Am hoping it will improve after the break-in period. Sedate driving style with AC switched on all the time in stop and go Chennai traffic and runs to the outskirts - Ayanambakkam, Chennai.
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-ecosport-night-hdr.jpg
Murugan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 10:31   #51
BHPian

Hey Murugan,

Have been following your thread. I am one of the unfortunate souls who pre-booked the 1.5 AT, but still haven't got a clue about the delivery date. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...rustration.gif

While all other aspects of the Ecosport have been covered, would like to have your detailed assessment and feel of the automatic transmission in both "D" and "S" modes and any other driving experience about transmission which you would like to share with fellow AT drivers.

Am particularly curious to understand how to get the best out of it, especially related to down-shifts, overtaking precautions, etc.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:08   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Neither of our EcoSport urban SUVs are the first 1.5 L Petrols on team-bhp Red Color Lover. royfernandez had his EcoSport 1.5L Petrol AT delivered on 09.August.2013 and posted his initial ownership review on 19.August.2013

Sorry about that firsttimeowner.
firsttimeowner has the first 1.5 P MT on Team BHP. All others are AT

@firsttimeowner please post a review of the engine
Red Color Lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 22:18   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
Hey Murugan,

Have been following your thread. I am one of the unfortunate souls who pre-booked the 1.5 AT, but still haven't got a clue about the delivery date. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...rustration.gif

While all other aspects of the Ecosport have been covered, would like to have your detailed assessment and feel of the automatic transmission in both "D" and "S" modes and any other driving experience about transmission which you would like to share with fellow AT drivers.

Am particularly curious to understand how to get the best out of it, especially related to down-shifts, overtaking precautions, etc.
Sorry to hear that the delivery of your EcoSport is getting delayed risga.

I decided not to try the 'S' mode during the engine break-in period of 1500/ 1600 kilometers. Just once to see if 'S' mode is working I engaged it for a few seconds and also checked the tiptronic during this period. The usage time is too little for me to comment.

I am using only the 'D' mode, driving it sedately like a golf cart, and am happy with the extreme comfort provided by the automatic transmission. Except on a couple of occasions when I needed a sudden boost to overtake, I never pressed the accelerator pedal hard. During these times the engine/transmission response was not as quick as in the manual cars I am used to. The engine did rev noisily and responded with a surge in power after a minimal time lag. Since this is the first automatic transmission I am using regularly, may be I have to learn to how to use it to get the best out of the transmission/ engine for overtaking maneuvers etc.

All I can say at the moment is that I would plan my overtaking judiciously. I would not cut it as tight as in a manual transmission and end up putting myself in the dangerous situation of not being able to overtake since an aborted overtaking maneuver could result in an accident. Will definitely share my thoughts as my experience increases.

Best Wishes for the speedy delivery of your EcoSport. Looking forward to your user experience and inputs.
Old 18th September 2013, 11:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Murugan,

You could take a look at the AT mini-review posted my me in the main thread. I did quite a bit of running in the S mode.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3225677
Old 18th September 2013, 12:12   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport View Post
You could take a look at the AT mini-review posted my me in the main thread. I did quite a bit of running in the S mode.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3225677
Thanks. I had seen your mini review as I am following that thread daily along with the various user reviews. Am concerned about overtaking manoeuvres on the highway. Does the manual describe how to get the kick-down effect.

Your Civic does it in a better and natural way. Wonder why Ford has programmed it differently? Could be for FE reasons. Perhaps, we will need to master the use of toggles.

Two questions:
(1) Read on some auto magazine review that in "S" mode, the car kicks down the moment you press the brake, do you experience that?
(2) Does the car kick-down when you shift from "D" to "S"?

Last edited by risga : 18th September 2013 at 12:28. Reason: correcting a typo
Old 18th September 2013, 12:33   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I had seen tour mini review as I am following that thread daily along with the various user reviews. Am concerned about overtaking manoeuvres on the highway. Does the manual describe how to get the kick-down effect.

Your Civic does it in a better and natural way. Wonder why Ford has programmed it differently? Could be for FE reasons. Perhaps, we will need to master the use of toggles.

Two questions:
(1) Read on some auto magazine review that in "S" mode, the car kicks down the moment you press the brake, do you experience that?
(2) Does the car kick-down when you shift from "D" to "S"?
In D mode, I found sudden overtaking on highways extremely difficult. Problem is kick-down itself. Even though you floor the throttle, by the time it decides to kick down, the opportunity would have passed. It is best to shift to S in the highways.

Other answers:
(1) Yes that is true, I noticed that when I pressed the accelerator - the rpm rose sharply. That is for engine braking, I guess.
(2) NO. That is my biggest gripe. It stays in the same gear. You have to work the toggles to drop a gear or two. Basically, both the modes work the same except that in S it won't shift up until redline. S mode is useless without toggles.
Old 19th September 2013, 13:45   #57

Quote:

Yay! My ES is reinstated!
Old 19th September 2013, 14:20   #58

Quote:

Red Color Lover, I'll do that soon!
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:22   #59
BHPian

Ford EcoSport Radio reception quality

Is it just my EcoSport or does anyone else feel that the quality of reception in the FM radio varies from time to time? At times it is crisp and at times it is muffled as if a thick blanket has been thrown over the speakers. In Chennai I have never noticed this in my other cars. Most of us in the family feel that our Honda Jazz has a better FM radio reception quality.

Would appreciate feedback from EcoSport owners on the forum.
Old 25th September 2013, 05:12   #60
BHPian

Ford EcoSport - static electricity shock

Got a minor momentary electric shock a couple of times from our Ford EcoSport yesterday. The first one was in the morning when I was getting off the car and touched the metal on the driver's side door. The second time it was from the key when I handed it over to the regular valet parking attendant at the gym; he also experienced the minor momentary electric shock from the key and was surprised.

Is this due to static electricity? Is this common or unusual? Why does it happen? Anything I could do to prevent it? Is this a problem with the car? Should I report this to my service center?
Murugan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks