Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2013, 11:16   #31
BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Color Lover View Post
Many congrats on your new ride. I have just one doubt, in the Ecosport how do you flash the headlights while driving to warn oncoming traffic? I am doubtful because the headlight switch is european type and not the regular stalk found in hyundai cars!
You pull the indicator stalk towards you. Similarly, to toggle between low beam and high beam, you must push the stalk in the opposite direction.
Old 1st September 2013, 12:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Many congrats on your new ride. I have just one doubt, in the Ecosport how do you flash the headlights while driving to warn oncoming traffic? I am doubtful because the headlight switch is european type and not the regular stalk found in hyundai cars!
The left hand stalk in the steering column can be used for high beam / low beam position of your head lamp and flicking the stalk switch will flash your head lights. This is similar to the function of right hand stalk you find in any other Japanese cars.
Old 3rd September 2013, 01:52   #33
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review

The Ford Ecosport next to the Skoda Yeti, an old flame!
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-ecosport-yeti.jpg

The Ford EcoSport next to an eternal flame, The Tata Safari!
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-ecosport-safari.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th September 2013 at 07:18. Reason: Cropped images are looking better. Removed other two.
Murugan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 06:47   #34
BHPian

What is the 'kitna deti hai' for the 1.5L AT?

What would be the average for the manual 1.5L petrol Ecosport? I am tempted to buy this as I prefer the smoothness & low NVH of a petrol over the diesel having owned only petrol cars so far.

Anyone on the forum get a 1.5L MT petrol Ecosport yet?
Old 4th September 2013, 23:30   #35
BHPian

Received the extended warranty document in duplicate by courier today. Chennai Ford guys had told me that it would reach me within 3 months but it has reached me much earlier; within 2 weeks in fact!

With the extended warranty, the total warranty period now stands at 4 years or 1 lakh kilometers (which ever is earlier, I presume). The contract period is from 22.08.2013 to 22.08.2017. The retail date mentioned is 22.08.2013 even though the registration and delivery were done on 23.08.2013. It says the contract was purchased on 30.08.2013. They printed my work and home phone numbers wrong - have to try and get that changed. Luckily my mobile number is printed correctly.

Here is the back of the document with a lot of information including the terms and conditions:
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-ford-ecosport-extended-warranty-back-eldeqmqd8aj66a78rkhyhleb.jpg
Murugan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 10:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition!
Yes - it certainly has hit the sweet spot of us Indians.
This is one car that I also thought about when it was in the news last year. Unfortunately the launch happened so much later - and I had to change the old car last year itself.
Tell me - if the front seat is pushed way back (and tilted) - I am one of those who slouch back and drive - is the leg room at the rear severely compromised?
Old 8th September 2013, 08:06   #37
BHPian

Hello

Congratulations on your new ride. The silver and the white ones look especially pleasing to the eye - my personal preference.

Have one question WRT the blind spots mentioned in the official review. Are you finding them to be a serious impediment?

Cheers
Old 8th September 2013, 10:16   #38
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
You pull the indicator stalk towards you. Similarly, to toggle between low beam and high beam, you must push the stalk in the opposite direction.
NOPE.

For Flashing one pulls it toward oneself, but for toggling between low an high beam too one has to pull towards one self. There is only one hold position for the LHS stalk and that is for both low and high beam, it reverts to low beam every time the vehicle is started. You CANNOT push the stalk in the opposite direction as there is just one position and it would break in the opp position. This is a nice feature.

Similarly for the fog lamp button too one just pushes the button to switch it on, but does not need to push it again to switch if off while switching off the vehicle. It resets to off position with each fresh key start. The Fog Lap too button too has just one hold position.
Old 9th September 2013, 16:59   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
NOPE.

For Flashing one pulls it toward oneself, but for toggling between low an high beam too one has to pull towards one self. There is only one hold position for the LHS stalk and that is for both low and high beam, it reverts to low beam every time the vehicle is started. You CANNOT push the stalk in the opposite direction as there is just one position and it would break in the opp position. This is a nice feature.

Similarly for the fog lamp button too one just pushes the button to switch it on, but does not need to push it again to switch if off while switching off the vehicle. It resets to off position with each fresh key start. The Fog Lap too button too has just one hold position.
I have heard lot of opinions about the low power of the headlights. Is the high beam weaker than that of a Hyundai Santro DX2?
Old 10th September 2013, 23:32   #40
BHPian

Ford EcoSport Petrol AT mileage at 498 Kilometers

Finally on 9.Sep.2013, on Vinayaka Chaturthi
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-vinayaka-chaturthi-20130909_203656.jpg

with the odometer at 498 kilometers
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-498-20130909_210220.jpg

the Ford EcoSport visits the temple
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-front-temple-20130909_205625.jpg

and with a garland in the front
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-garland-20130909_205524.jpg

and a lemon under each tyre
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-lime-under-tyre-20130909_205652.jpg

the customary pujai gets done
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-pujai-20130909_204719.jpg

and although Ford recommends in its user manual not to check the mileage during the engine break in period, I am posting this photo to help fellow members get an idea of the mileage!
Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review-mileage-20130909_210246.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
What is the 'kitna deti hai' for the 1.5L AT?

What would be the average for the manual 1.5L petrol Ecosport? I am tempted to buy this as I prefer the smoothness & low NVH of a petrol over the diesel having owned only petrol cars so far.

Anyone on the forum get a 1.5L MT petrol Ecosport yet?
Hope that helps gsurya!

Last edited by Murugan : 10th September 2013 at 23:34.
Murugan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 11:57   #41

Re: Ford EcoSport Petrol AT mileage at 498 Kilometers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Finally on 9.Sep.2013, on Vinayaka Chaturthi
!
Congrats Murugan!

My ES 1.5L MT Trend is one day elder to yours! I got the delivery on 8 Sep 2013.

I had originally planned to take the delivery on Vinayaka Chaturthi. However, some religious and spiritual inputs from my mom and dad which I generally donot understand made me take the delivery one day before Vinayaka Chaturthi.

I too had driven approximately 400 Kms after the delivery, from the dealership to home. However, the variant being Trend, I was unable to check the mileage. (Or am I missing something?)

It is great to see that I too had undergone the same procedure of driving on lemons and breaking a coconut before first ignition. I should not I also tied chillies to the grill along with lemons and a garland. All for some planetary satisfaction.

BTW, do you plan to get an Engine guard for your vehicle. I've seen discussion of engine guard in the diesel variants, wanted to know if the petrol variant too deserves one.

Also, please let me know if you plan to get a wax treatment or paint protection coat done because I'm highly uneducated in this front.

THanks!
Old 11th September 2013, 13:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Petrol AT mileage at 498 Kilometers

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner View Post
Congrats Murugan!

My ES 1.5L MT Trend is one day elder to yours! I got the delivery on 8 Sep 2013.

I had originally planned to take the delivery on Vinayaka Chaturthi. However, some religious and spiritual inputs from my mom and dad which I generally donot understand made me take the delivery one day before Vinayaka Chaturthi.

I too had driven approximately 400 Kms after the delivery, from the dealership to home. However, the variant being Trend, I was unable to check the mileage. (Or am I missing something?)

It is great to see that I too had undergone the same procedure of driving on lemons and breaking a coconut before first ignition. I should not I also tied chillies to the grill along with lemons and a garland. All for some planetary satisfaction.

BTW, do you plan to get an Engine guard for your vehicle. I've seen discussion of engine guard in the diesel variants, wanted to know if the petrol variant too deserves one.

Also, please let me know if you plan to get a wax treatment or paint protection coat done because I'm highly uneducated in this front.

THanks!
Engine guard is a nice to have, if you have money to spend, maybe get an aftermarket accessory when its available. Ford accessories are terribly overpriced. Remember, sedans which have lower GC don't necessarily come with engine guards and work just fine.

Paint protection yes and right away. Its way more effective if done while the paint is new and the car is scratch less. Get it done by 3M though you may think its expensive. Its worth it. There is no end to the kind of treatments you can get done at 3M but you got to understand your usage, the kind of roads you drive on regularly and the money you got to spend.

Happy driving! I own a Tdci Titanium and have spent around 30k at 3M as soon as i got my car.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 19:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
NOPE.

That may be the case with the Ecosport. Since I haven't gotten the delivery of my car yet, you may be right.
But w.r.t. my Rapid and Jetta what I had said earlier is true. I assumed that the Ecosport would be the same. Thanks for clearing it up.

Last edited by DeKay : 11th September 2013 at 19:52.
Old 11th September 2013, 23:35   #44
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have heard lot of opinions about the low power of the headlights. Is the high beam weaker than that of a Hyundai Santro DX2?
The beams are better than of Santro and i10. The height helps. Adjust the beam length basis the passenger load or otherwise are night to get a beam focus that works for you. Yep the lights could have been better though.
Old 13th September 2013, 01:47   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Murugan! My ES 1.5L MT Trend is one day elder to yours! I got the delivery on 8 Sep 2013.
Oops! We took delivery of ours on 23.Aug.2013 as the thread starter [quoted below] shows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
23 August 2013, Friday - Ford EcoSport delivered without advance booking amount!

our EcoSport was registered with the RTO and delivered to us today 23.August.2013.
Quote:
Congrats Murugan!

THanks!
Yeah, did the garland, lemon, coconut etc to satisfy family members who wished to satisfy the gods, planets etc! This apart from the Pujai done by Chennai Ford on the delivery day.

Yes, I am planning to get the engine guard. Could someone enlighten on why the diesel version of the Ford EcoSport comes with an engine guard but the petrol versions don't. Is there any technical reasons or is it cost cutting?

No plans yet on wax treatment or paint protection coat.

Most Viewed