Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2014, 11:56   #76
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
It's when I touch the metallic portion of the car body before or after getting down from the car (with footwear - mostly Crocs of late) that I get this shock.

Yes, Our younger son, and the persons who handle the valet parking at our hospital and the gym I frequent etc have also got these jolts and have been frightened initially. The valets say that they do not experience this shock with other cars.

So why does it happen with our Ford EcoSport?

Strangely enough, I don't get these 'static electricity' shocks when I am using our Honda Jazz or Toyota Corolla Altis and it's definitely not seasonal - I have been getting these jolts from the time we purchased the Ford EcoSport. I use the other two cars also regularly - once or twice a week as compared to almost daily use of our Ford EcoSport. In fact, I have never experienced such shocks in any of the cars I have ever driven or owned.

So why does it happen with our Ford EcoSport?
99% it has to do with the combo of your dress & the seat material of the car. Also if you are carrying your mobile in shirt/pant pocket u will experience this more. When I was using a CDMA phone the discharge spark would easily jump 6 inches gap!!.

We got round this problem by using 100% cotton seat covers in the Fusion. Our Santro has synthetic blend covers & I still get some shocks from time to time.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 03:49   #77
BHPian

Sir I was planning to book the ecosport but m not able to decide between the ecoboost and 1.5AT the only thing I want to confirm is that does 1.5 AT also has 6 airbags?
M asking it because I was told 6 airbags were available only on titanium+ variants but AT comes only in titanium variant.
Secondly is entertainment system on both the cars same?
Lastly what kind of difference in performance I can expect between the two as AT is not available for test drive.

Thanks in advance
Old 21st April 2014, 09:02   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Sir I was planning to book the ecosport but m not able to decide between the ecoboost and 1.5AT the only thing I want to confirm is that does 1.5 AT also has 6 airbags?
M asking it because I was told 6 airbags were available only on titanium+ variants but AT comes only in titanium variant.
Secondly is entertainment system on both the cars same?
Lastly what kind of difference in performance I can expect between the two as AT is not available for test drive.

Thanks in advance
yes it has 6 airbags. Difference between titanium At and regular titanium are air bags and tweeters. Ecoboost if titanium + will have 2 things extra from At.
1. leather seats
2. Push button start.
Entertainment is same on AT and titanium plus. all other titaniums wont have the tweeter.
AT having driven for 2600km can say is a great value for money vehicle. You simply cannot get this value in any other car. They actually sell it for a loss here in India , that's why they are not keen to sell it.
Power is a little sluggish on inclines but that's more of a feeling than actual as you cannot control the gearing. Once you learn how to drive an automatic you wont feel the difference. I personally see no point in buying 1.0 ecoboost over AT at all. You are not getting anything extra apart from leather seats which you can get for 5k.Unless you want a button to start the car Use that extra money to upgrade to megaaudio touchscreen dvd system(company fitted) 42k in your AT from ford dealer.That will complete your car as it has navigation sync and everything you can want.
Its a great car with good handling. The mileage in city has been 11kmpl. I m not sure what kind of mileage is given by ecoboost. Might be slightly higher but not really significant comparing the comfort of Autogear. The autogear is brilliant 6 gear DSG with a mouthwatering triptronic which you can use to increase your mileage if you are keen on a manual. This AT has a 4 star rating on euro standards with 6 airbags.
Good luck.
sunny1974 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 10:49   #79
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to Team BHP. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. Given that Ford Ecosport 1.5L AT is the car i'm most interested in, I was wondering if anyone knows any dealer having a test drive vehicle for the same, or atlease the 1.5L Petrol Manual Transmission.

I live in Hyderabad and all the dealers have only the 1.0L Ecoboost and 1.5L Diesel variants available for testdrive. I usually dont like to buy a car unless I have driven it and am so desperate for an automatic mini suv, that i'm willing to travel to any part of india just to test drive this variant. help!

Bharathan
Old 14th May 2014, 10:42   #80

Re: 5000 kms completed: Ford EcoSport 1.5L AT: Ownership Review

Quote:
Completed 5000 kilometers of satisfying driving of our Ford EcoSport Petrol 1.5L AT - Automatic Transmission - a few days ago. All well except the persistent minor but irritating 'static electricity' shocks and varying reception quality on the FM radio channels.
Now that you have completed 5000 kms, could you please comment on the mileage?
Old 15th May 2014, 01:17   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to Team BHP. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. Given that Ford Ecosport 1.5L AT is the car i'm most interested in, I was wondering if anyone knows any dealer having a test drive vehicle for the same, or atlease the 1.5L Petrol Manual Transmission.

I live in Hyderabad and all the dealers have only the 1.0L Ecoboost and 1.5L Diesel variants available for testdrive. I usually dont like to buy a car unless I have driven it and am so desperate for an automatic mini suv, that i'm willing to travel to any part of india just to test drive this variant. help!

Bharathan
Even I was in the same dilemma. I test drove Ford fiesta power shift instead . As Ecosport automatic and Fiesta automatic have the same engine , gearbox as well as chassis so the drive train performance is very very similar in both the cars.
I would suggest you to test drive Ford fiesta automatic and that will give you a fair idea of Ecosport's performance. As for evaluation of other parameters such as ride quality , handling etc you can drive the manual Ecosport.
Old 15th May 2014, 01:38   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Even I was in the same dilemma. I test drove Ford fiesta power shift instead . As Ecosport automatic and Fiesta automatic have the same engine , gearbox as well as chassis so the drive train performance is very very similar in both the cars.
I would suggest you to test drive Ford fiesta automatic and that will give you a fair idea of Ecosport's performance. As for evaluation of other parameters such as ride quality , handling etc you can drive the manual Ecosport.
thanks a lot... that makes sense i guess..
Old 18th May 2014, 11:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Bharathan
Come over to delhi and you can get a test drive having done almost 3200 km in our AT ecosport I can say its a great car provided you learn how to drive an autogear. The mileage is 11 kmpl in the city. The power is somewhat less in the midregion but the 6 speed autogear takes care of it.I have driven it on highways and hills and you need to learn its behavior before you can enjoy it. You dont really feel the gearshifts. like I said once you learn how to drive an autogear you will love it and never want to drive a manual. The 1.5 petrol will have different gear ratios as its 5 speed. Even I bought it after driving the ecoboost and the diesel as I was too a fan of an auto mini suv having another similar one in the stable. The best part is even if you are an manual freak the triptronic on this thing is terrific and effortless. You can actually use it to enjoy yourself when required. Though I doubt you will be able to judge it after a simple test drive or 2.
sunny1974 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 07:47   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickgenius View Post
Now that you have completed 5000 kms, could you please comment on the mileage?
Completed 11k+ kms in fact. In the city the mileage is around 10 kms/L and on the highway it appears to be around 15 kms/L. Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
You are not getting anything extra apart from leather seats which you can get for 5k.
When I checked last, few months ago, I was told that seat covers are not available for the AT model since they would interfere with the functioning of the airbags. Does the company now have compatible seat covers?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 27th May 2014 at 08:13. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Murugan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 04:47   #85
BHPian

Quote:
When I checked last, few months ago, I was told that seat covers are not available for the AT model since they would interfere with the functioning of the airbags. Does the company now have compatible seat covers?
I had visited the showroom in Hyderabad two days ago and was inquiring about seats to the SA.. he said Leather seats accessory for the automatic are available from ford which are fully compatible with the airbags.. and cost he said was about 5k (not sure about this)
Old 11th August 2014, 18:00   #86
BANNED

Congratulations for owning the wonder machine - Ecosport

I have booked Titanium (O ) with ecoboost engine. May take 15 days.

Kindly give me a feedback on Headlights - Do they need an upgrade?
Old 13th September 2014, 19:13   #87
BHPian

Quote:
The suspension took the bad roads quite smoothly with no thuds as felt in the Polo TSI; not as soft as the Altis but neither as jarring as our Jazz. Rolls more than the Jazz but I get the feel it does not roll much more than the Altis over the city potholes and bumps.
Does this mean suspension of Polo TSI and Jazz are stiffer than Ecosport?
Old 14th September 2014, 14:41   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
Come over to delhi and you can get a test drive having done almost 3200 km in our AT ecosport I can say its a great car provided you learn how to drive an autogear. The mileage is 11 kmpl in the city. The power is somewhat less in the midregion but the 6 speed autogear takes care of it.I have driven it on highways and hills and you need to learn its behavior before you can enjoy it. You dont really feel the gearshifts. like I said once you learn how to drive an autogear you will love it and never want to drive a manual. The 1.5 petrol will have different gear ratios as its 5 speed. Even I bought it after driving the ecoboost and the diesel as I was too a fan of an auto mini suv having another similar one in the stable. The best part is even if you are an manual freak the triptronic on this thing is terrific and effortless. You can actually use it to enjoy yourself when required. Though I doubt you will be able to judge it after a simple test drive or 2.
If you are getting mileage of 11 with auto transmission then its really good. I have heard horrendous mileage figures for 1.2L Petrol engine of Figo. I believe with higher capacity engine and auto transmission the mileage should have gone down.
Old 14th September 2014, 16:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I usually dont like to buy a car unless I have driven it and am so desperate for an automatic mini suv, that i'm willing to travel to any part of india just to test drive this variant.
Bharathan
Metro Ford in Bangalore have an Automatic for test drives..planning to visit them next week. Will take a TD and let you know if you should make a trip to Bangalore
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 18:57   #90
BHPian

Yes.. agree to the fact that at this price point this is one of the best available auto. Am getting around 11+ in city driving and around 15 during the highway runs. Under spirited driving, the mileage does go lower as per my observation.
Couple of drives to Ooty, required the S mode for more control during the hairpins. Now my Fiesta 1.6 is hardly being used :( , though i miss the sheer driving pleasure of that - the advantages of not having to use the clutch in bangalore is something that puts a smile everytime i drive the ecosport.

Cheers.
Unbranded is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks