Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 06:52   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
can you please share ebay link for DVR ?
Please check my previous post for the link. Just check whether the posting is still active. The seller is at.tach
Old 11th September 2014, 12:15   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Please check my previous post for the link. Just check whether the posting is still active. The seller is at.tach
I bought one from e-bay but through another seller and the price was 20% more. I am yet to get a suitable SD card. can you give some specs of the suitable card. It would be fine if you can attach couple of pics of the card you are using.
Old 11th September 2014, 12:41   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I bought one from e-bay but through another seller and the price was 20% more. I am yet to get a suitable SD card. can you give some specs of the suitable card. It would be fine if you can attach couple of pics of the card you are using.
Sony 16GB SDHC Card - Class 10 - 40MBps. Here's a picture of the card. I bought it from Amazon and paid around 650.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-61kjpkr7vfl._sl1500_.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 06:59   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sony 16GB SDHC Card - Class 10 - 40MBps. Here's a picture of the card. I bought it from Amazon and paid around 650.
Thanks a lot.I got the card from Lulu Connect and commissioned the DVR. Yet to record some serious stuff.
Old 10th January 2015, 20:52   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Small Update:

1) Tweeter
2) Horn

Went for a basic tweeter (Soundstream) TWS .3N tweeter. Paid 2k.

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0189.jpg

Roots Windtone. I always wanted this as I had this in my Swift. The sound is too good for my liking - soft and sweet. As few pointed out in the ecosport thread asking the location of the horn on the left side, I am attaching the location where the new horn was installed. Paid 700/-

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0190.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 20:13   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

20k kms service update:

Tried the new service station this time after hearing the positive reviews from BHPian PeterJim.

Complaints reports:
1) Sound from the tail gate - Corrected (The noise is from top of the rear hatch door)
2) Sound from dash which wasnt there always (Didnt check as they will have to remove the entire dash. The noise happens very rarely so can live with it.)
3) Rear window beading was misaligned. - Corrected
4) Get quote/repair the dent on the rear wheel arch. - They quoted the rate to be close to 3.5k. Looks pretty reasonable so shall get it from them only. Maybe during the next service.

Although I couldnt meet Mr Rakesh (this guy was recommended by many here) in the morning when I left the car, my SA (Mr Lino) did a good job. But I was able to meet Rakesh in the evening.

Anyways, happy with the service and with the car. This place is highly recommended.
The service was regular which took care of the engine oil, filters, brake fluid etc. The AC filter was really clogged and now there's a considerable difference in cooling.

Total Bill - 6131/-

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0002.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0003.jpg

naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 22:03   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The AC filter was really clogged and now there's a considerable difference in cooling.
Could you please shed some light on the AC filter replacement? How much did the replacement filter cost? Where is it located? How easily accessible is it, and how long did it take?
Old 9th February 2015, 00:55   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
20k kms service update:
Can you please post a shot of the bill or give the break up of every thing included in this service. Would be nice to know what all was changed and what is the spare part cost, 20k service for my ecosport is coming up as well.

Find the bill a bit on the higher side considering Ford uses a normal mineral oil.
Old 9th February 2015, 05:45   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Would be nice to know what all was changed and what is the spare part cost, 20k service for my ecosport is coming up as well.
Find the bill a bit on the higher side considering Ford uses a normal mineral oil.
The recent 20K service bill of my Figo, at the same place, was Rs 5200.
Spares used were ,Fuel, Air and AC filters, brake overhauling and wheel balancing & aligning,
The labor charges for service was Rs 1K+and for brakes around Rs 800.
Only point to be noted was that they never asked for getting any AC disinfection, or addition of any additives, enhancers etc.

Last edited by rajeev k : 9th February 2015 at 05:46.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 07:16   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Could you please shed some light on the AC filter replacement? How much did the replacement filter cost? Where is it located? How easily accessible is it, and how long did it take?
AC filter was around 310. No idea on it's location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Can you please post a shot of the bill or give the break up of every thing included in this service. Would be nice to know what all was changed and what is the spare part cost, 20k service for my ecosport is coming up as well.

Happy pocket service - 2400 (engine oil, oil filter, gasket drain)
Air filter - 310
Brake Fluid - 546
Wheel Alignment/balancing - 700 (I forgot to ask them to skip this)
Engine bay wax - 400
Labor -2400

The average bill coming for 20k service for ecosport is close to 5-6k. My bill would have came to 5k if alignment and waxing was avoided.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 09:36   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AC filter was around 310. No idea on it's location.
The AC Filter or Pollen filter as it is termed filters the air that is drawn in by the HVAC system Its job is to remove harmful gasses, particles and products like pollen from the air used to heat or chill the cabin. It is located on the suction side of AC unit, generally accessible from below the glove box.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 19:33   #147

Hi Naveen, I am confused as to which car to buy and had initially booked a Fiesta. But that wasn't meant to be and I cancelled my booking today and was veering towards the MS Ciaz. I would like to get your views on the NVH levels inside the cabin. You see, I had an Ikon tdci and experiencing what cabin noise means, I am now looking for a silent cabin this time around.
Old 14th March 2015, 12:32   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a day off (thanks to the Kerala Budget drama)and decided to do something that was long pending. Tar removal. Luckily I found an old tar remover lying in the house and decided to start work. I was shocked to see the amount of tar on the car. The entire bonnet, front bumper, all doors upto the waist line, all completely covered in tar.

Current odometer reading

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0008.jpg

Products used:

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0003.jpg

Here are some pictures of the tar. I know the pictures wont do justice.

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0001.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0002.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-screenshot_2.jpg

Took close to 4 hours to complete the work which included rinsing the car, tar removal, washing the car (proper way) and then polishing the car (not the entire car. I ran out of energy ). But was able to cover most of the car and the results were pleasing.

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0006.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0004.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0005.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVSC View Post
Hi Naveen, I am confused as to which car to buy and had initially booked a Fiesta. But that wasn't meant to be and I cancelled my booking today and was veering towards the MS Ciaz. I would like to get your views on the NVH levels inside the cabin. You see, I had an Ikon tdci and experiencing what cabin noise means, I am now looking for a silent cabin this time around.
Sorry for the delay. This is one silent cabin. The NVH levels are superb even for a diesel car.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 14th March 2015 at 12:34.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 20:35   #149

Quote:
Sorry for the delay. This is one silent cabin. The NVH levels are superb even for a diesel car.
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get the Fiesta. Cabin is silent indeed and overall NVH levels are suberb. Couldn't ask for more. Very pleased.
Old 30th March 2015, 18:54   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Upgrade - Headlights

It was time for a much needed headlight upgrade and with a drive to Bangalore coming this week, I knew that this was the perfect time for an upgrade. I had planned to go with Philips Xtreme Vision but went for Osram Nightbreaker at the last moment. This was also expensive when compared to Philips (2k for a pair).

I didnt get a chance to fully test the headlights but a quick drive yesterday didnt disappoint me. Didnt notice a great improvement for the low beam but high beam was pretty good. Need to test these on the highway were I can fully come to a conclusion. I would say there's around 20% more improvement. One thing to point out is that the high beam is a lot whitish when compared to the low beam. Thank god it isnt the other way around.

Anyways, shall update it's performance after I get to drive on April 1st.

Here are some pictures:

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0012.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0011.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_000449.jpg

Ford EcoSport 1.5D Titanium - Owner's Log of the Beauty, or the Beast?-dsc_0012320.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks