Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2015, 20:29   #1441
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Folks, tried to search other forums but couldn't get it hence putting up my query here (please do point me to another thread if there is an answer).

Can someone tell me what is the observed "actual" city and highway mileage seen in the Elegance 1.8 TSI of the Octavia?

Seriously considering buying one and feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 24th February 2015, 22:24   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgkaran View Post
Folks, tried to search other forums but couldn't get it hence putting up my query here (please do point me to another thread if there is an answer).

Can someone tell me what is the observed "actual" city and highway mileage seen in the Elegance 1.8 TSI of the Octavia?

Well Karan, plenty of reports around here. Personal experience, it depends all on how you drive. If you're driving style is sedate, on the highway the car is bound to return about 14-16 kmpl depending on traffic. In the city in bumper to bumper situations expect it to be halved. Where as some open traffic cruising at 40-50 kph in the city, car can easily return 11.5-12.5 kmpl.
Old 25th February 2015, 09:12   #1443
BHPian

My 1.8TSI has done about 1600Kms so far out of which 50% is highway. The average is at around 12 for the entire duration. For office commutes in moderate traffic and being light on the pedal I get 12.5 to 13 Kmpl. If I get into a more peppy mood, it gives 10 to 11 in mild traffic.

On the highway, around 15Kmpl with smooth driving.

Quote:

Old 25th February 2015, 10:17   #1444
BHPian

Quote:

kgkaran, the 1.8TSI is not the car to consider if you are worried about FE figures. It would deliver FE in single digits in any typical metro traffic conditions and if you really drive with a light foot on the highway you could get around 14-15kmpl. The 1.8TSI, imho would keep you happy only if its driven such that its FE figures are in the single digits. Thats the advantage of the 2.0TDI, even if you drive it in an Italian tune up style, you would be assured of a decent FE.
petroguzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 12:50   #1445
BHPian

My car was supposed to be delivered by end of Feb (Booked on Jan 4th) but that promise has predictably been broken. Got a call today though that my car has been "allocated" to me and that it should be ready by March 20. Apparently they start production only after this "allocation" is done. Some good news, if you can call an assurance to deliver a car in a month, almost 2 months after its booking as good news. Still, looks like i might get it on or around by birthday so being hopeful.

It looks like international Octavia wait period (UK) is around 11 weeks as well so we may not be getting a step-motherly treatment as some here suspect.
Old 25th February 2015, 13:39   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakv6 View Post

It looks like international Octavia wait period (UK) is around 11 weeks as well so we may not be getting a step-motherly treatment as some here suspect.

You should bear in mind that the cars in UK are highly customisable and all the ordered cars are differently specified. Hence the wait period of around 11 weeks is acceptable. Where as in India now they are producing only Ambition and Elegance variants, that too with only 3 engine options here, again only two of them are in actual demand. I am yet to see or drive a 1.4 TSI. In UK the Octys are offered with a wide engine range, like the 1.2, 1.4 TSI, 1.6 and 2.0 TDI, then there are 6-7 trim levels to begin with, from a very basic "S" model to the very top end "L&K" model. The beasts VRS models, Scout variant, again the choice of a Manual transmission or a DSG on all engines, again the option to choose a hatchback style or a Combi Estate variant! Phew. For fun, go ahead and try their car configuration page and you'll be amazed as to the level of customisation is on offer in the UK. Of course there are limited edition models at the end of every year to clear old inventory. You can start with a basic SE model, at £16000 and customise it with options available, you can end up with a car worth £27-28000!! Wish we had some basic options list available in India too.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 25th February 2015 at 13:56.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 12:25   #1447
BHPian

Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi A/T - First Free Check Up

Hello fellow BhPians !

My Black Magic, the Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi A/T is due for the First Check up, which as per the manual is due at 7,500 Kms/ 6 Months(which ever is earlier).

I have clocked only about 3K Kms on the ODO as of date, as I am abroad half the year. Owners of the Octavia III, I could use your help :

1. During the initial check up have any of you guys had the engine oil changed? Changing the Engine Oil after (initial running of the engine) approx. 1500-2000 Kms is recommended, as the same
may contain small metal particles( as a result of the initial wear and tear of the engine). Got this info on a thread posted on the Forum here.

2. Anything particular to pay attention to? I have been given to understand that during this check up, the guys at the Service Station only take a look at the car
and probably just give it a good scrub!

I live in Pune and the closest service station is the Viiraaj Skoda one which is located at Shivaji Nagar. If anyone has given their car here(I am pretty sure someone must have ) for a Service could you please
share your views on the same.

Cheers !!

Artem
Old 26th February 2015, 14:34   #1448
BHPian

I have also received confirmation about my car being allotted to me. Should have it in a week. Busy shopping for it already and am so looking forward to it.
Old 26th February 2015, 15:08   #1449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
I have also received confirmation about my car being allotted to me. Should have it in a week. Busy shopping for it already and am so looking forward to it.
When was the car allotted? I am surprised they told you it will be coming in a week. Although mine is allotted as well, they mentioned a 3 more weeks wait.
Old 26th February 2015, 15:24   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakv6 View Post
When was the car allotted? I am surprised they told you it will be coming in a week. Although mine is allotted as well, they mentioned a 3 more weeks wait.
I got the allotment a few days back. I believe the car is ready and the dealer said his shipment shall be at his showroom in 7 to 8 days. So expecting it in a weeks time.
Old 26th February 2015, 15:57   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Good to know that the car looks and drives like new again. Would you mind sharing with us the cost break up, how much did the different parts and labor cost you?
The break up is-
1- Filter element Rs.350
2- Filter element Rs.1816
3- Pollen Filter Rs.701
4-Deionised water Rs.14
5-Consumables Rs.325
6-Castrol Maganatec rs.3792
7-Window Channel dress Rs.477
8-Summer washer fluid Rs.63

Total Net amount - Rs.8598
Old 26th February 2015, 22:04   #1452
Senior - BHPian

New Skoda Octavia RS - 230bhp

Skoda previews it 230bhp RS version of the Skoda Octavia. Here is the autoblog article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/24/s...neva-official/

Will we get it? The last Laura RS came without any power upgrade unlike the first gen 150 bhp Octavia vRS. Will Skoda do the same for the new Octavia RS in India?

The Audi A6 has a 2.0 litre 180bhp TFSI engine which may be retuned for the Octavia RS in India. However such a version of the Octavia might be priced quite closed to the base A4, A3 and the 3 series which may not be ideal.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 09:37   #1453

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT:

Dear BHPian,

There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th February 2015 at 11:25.
sportsfan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th February 2015, 18:59   #1454
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi A/T - First Free Check Up

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 28th February 2015 at 10:42.
Artem is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th February 2015, 16:03   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Skoda previews it 230bhp RS version of the Skoda Octavia. Here is the autoblog article.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/02/24/s...neva-official/

Will we get it? The last Laura RS came without any power upgrade unlike the first gen 150 bhp Octavia vRS. Will Skoda do the same for the new Octavia RS in India?

The Audi A6 has a 2.0 litre 180bhp TFSI engine which may be retuned for the Octavia RS in India. However such a version of the Octavia might be priced quite closed to the base A4, A3 and the 3 series which may not be ideal.

Drive on,

Shibu.

Looks like the Octavia RS is not coming to India in a hurry. Skoda initially had plans to bring the 2L TFSI, 217 BHP engine to India. Apparently they are worried about the volumes of this car as the 2L engine has to be homologated for India. Also the 30 lakhs price tag may overlap with some of the cars from the Audi stable.

Finger crossed. Skoda please do bring this car to India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks