Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2017, 13:59   #76
BHPian

Re: Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX

Posting in this thread after about 1 year 4 months 17 days to be precise. Been a very hectic year for me personally due to new work assignments, personal family engagements and much more.

The good part - Hercules has been with me all through. Strong as a rock! Never gave any chance to complain.

The beast has now clocked more than 65000 kms. It was time to change the tyres as I was feeling a loss of tread and grip constantly. Had to attend a family function in Punjab so clubbed a small vacation to a forest resort in Ropar. The only mistake that I did, I did not change the tyres.

Had three punctures along that trip which made me firm about the need of changing my tyres immediately once I get back.

There were a lot of options in the market, someone recommended Michelin, someone recommended Maxxis. I had been following Tanveer's post on the best tyres for Safari and went to check out Continental cross contact and shortlisted them right away. Tyre Size is 255/65 R16

In the below pictures, one can notice the old ones indicating that they have to go now. And then there are pictures of the muscleman with the new shoes.
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-img_8243.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-img20160524wa0091.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-img_20170302_133406.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-img_20170302_133452.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-img_20170302_133556.jpg  

JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 15:26   #77
BHPian

The beast celebrated his 4th Birthday on 16th October 2017. Completed 78000 kms and continues to perform wonderfully.

Last month, sent it to the workshop for 75000 kms service and got a few new things like clutch, shock absorbers, Battery.

Feels good to drive any time of the day. In fact its one of the biggest motivation for me to set out for my 40kms long one side journey towards my office every single day.
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 22:34   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

@Jasmeet, pls share the break up for clutch & Shock absorbers.

I too recently got a new battery. Exide replacing the stock Amaron.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks