Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 08:40   #106
BHPian

Re: The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnWheels View Post
Thanks Sunil. Awesome write up.

Could you please let me know where you procured the 3D mat from?

Enjoy the beast
The Black 3D Royal Kagu not Maxpider Kagu was purchased from a website auto trends.in
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 11:29   #107
BHPian

Thanks Sunil. Appreciate it.

Noticed quite a few similarities in terms of cars we owned.

I too have owned the Corsa, SX4, a VW ( i had Jetta, you had Vento) and now the BMW X1.
Old 15th November 2015, 13:22   #108
NKR
BHPian

Hi all fellow Owners of the X1,

I decided to take the plunge in getting my car serviced from Non Authorised - BMW service center. A lot of inputs were provided by the members of this forum. These are the details of the work done, hope it would be of use to some :-

The car was due for the Scheduled service and, I sourced the following from the Offline Dealer ( details available in earlier posts) :-

1. BMW Spec Mobil 1 Long Life Oil (5W 40)
2. Oil filter ( Mahle)
3. Fuel filter ( Mahle)
4. Air Filter ( Mahle)
5. Cabin Filter ( Mann)
6. Front Brake Pad (Textar)
7. Rear Brake Pad (Textar)
8. Front Brake wear Sensor (Meyle)
9. Rear Brake wear Sensor (Meyle)

In addition to the above I found that the front shocK of the strut had developed a minor leak therefore, I procured the following additional items (Details of dealer available in earlier posts- Thanks to fellow BHPians) :-

10. Shock absorber set (Sachs)
11. Shocker Mounts (Lemforder)
12. Linkage Set ( Lemforder)

The normal oil servicing and brake pad replacement was carried out at Hinjewadi and I got the suspension repaired at Camp (The city is Pune) (Details available in earlier posts- Thanks to fellow BHPians)

The car's performance, especially,the road handling has improved considerably. The ride is better and the "pull" towards one side has stopped.

The mechanics appeared to know their jobs well. The fact that there were a number of German Marques at these workshops indicated that, a lot of people are opting for Non Authorized center servicing. Which is obviously much cheaper and more importantly - the work can be monitored by us.
NKR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 16:14   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
a lot of people are opting for Non Authorized center servicing. Which is obviously much cheaper and more importantly - the work can be monitored by us.
That is a lot of work you have carried out and thanks for comprehensively compiling the list of parts that got changed. Would it be possible for you to indicate approximate prices of parts like brake pads, brake pads sensor, shockers, shocker mounts etc, would be of great help to fellow bmw owners.

How many miles has your car logged? The shocker should not be leaking before 50-60k kms atleast. I also prefer these outside garages once the warranty is over, so much more convenient and better.
Old 15th November 2015, 19:54   #110
NKR
BHPian

[quote=coolboy007;3848111] Would it be possible for you to indicate approximate prices of parts like brake pads, brake pads sensor, shockers, shocker mounts etc, would be of great help to fellow bmw owners.

The approximate charges are listed down. Obviously,these would vary according to the brands. You also would have to cater for the transportation.

1.Oil filter Rs.850/-
2.Fuel filter Rs.2700/-
3.Air filter Rs.2000/-
4.Ac filter Rs.1600/-
5.Front brake pad set Rs.3500/-
6.Rear brake pad set Rs.3000/-
7.Front brake pad sensor Rs.800/-
8.Rear brake pad sensor Rs.800/-
9.Shocks 20000/-
10. Mounts and Links - 7500/-
NKR is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed