Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2014, 12:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-Owned Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT (Dubai)

Three Lancers -

The one in the middle is the normal Lancer (non-GT):
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-Owned Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT (Dubai)-fotor_140768039493660.jpg  

raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 15:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

A short term update:

* I love the fact that this car has cornering headlights, very useful in bends and Dubai's numerous roundabouts!
* Inspite of having 18" wheels on low profile tyres, the ride quality is amazing.
* Body roll is minimal and the car holds it's line well on fast cornering.
* CVT still bothers me, I miss the normal downshift pattern which is experienced in regular ATs. What the CVT does instead is a continuous high revving action.
* Build quality is superlative, far better than some other tinny Japanese cars. The doors close with a THUD.
* The Rockford Fosgate music system is a treat, wish it had USB though.
* Steering is harder than other sedans but is a joy on the highways with excellent feedback.

FE: 10 kmpl in the last tank and 11 kmpl before that.

MODS planned:

* Better alloys
* An end can for a sportier exhaust note (or FFE if Dubai regulations allow that)
* Touch screen head unit with USB compatibility
* CF stickering for the hood, door handles & ORVM
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 16:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Lancy is giving me a consistent 11 kmpl on Dubai roads. I still do not like the CVT.

Apart from that, I like everything about this car. The A/C is a chiller, which is very important considering the Dubai climate. The high speed manners and poise is superb, which is again important considering the Dubai roads. Space in the cabin is good, atleast in the front seat. I have not used the rear seat till now!

The cabin is fully black with carbon fibre trim in the GT version. While I like it, it may not be very well accepted back in India. Anyways, all lower versions get the normal beige-black interiors.

Some issues/niggles:

* Wind noise & tyre noise is high above 120 kmph.
* Engine drone is disturbing, part of the reason for this is the CVT.
* The wobbling at 120 kmph remains unsolved.
* Electronic ORVM on the LHS does not work completely. Up/down is fine but left/right does not work!

The next oil service is coming up soon. I am considering various options since I got very poor service at the Mitsubishi A.S.S. the last time.

* I can again go back to the A.S.S. and get charged AED 320.
* I can go to a petrol station & get it done for AED 250.
* I can go to private garages & get it done for AED 150.

I think I will go for the second or third option based on the convenience factor.
Old 9th September 2014, 17:46   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

* I can again go back to the A.S.S. and get charged AED 320.
* I can go to a petrol station & get it done for AED 250.
* I can go to private garages & get it done for AED 150.

I think I will go for the second or third option based on the convenience factor.
Rajeev,

Just get the oil and the filter from Mitsubishi spare center and go to a local garage which you or your friends might know and get it done from there. I guess the labor charges might be nothing more than 30-40 Aed. I think that can be a good option too or take the 3rd option imho.

Cheers!
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 22:53   #20
YCJ
BHPian

Really nice car in a really nice city!
Just curious to know what is current fuel price in Dubai?
Old 12th September 2014, 09:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Took Lancy for a oil change service today.

I chose to go to a private garage over the A.S.S., reasons being:
  • The A.S.S. gave me really poor service the last time I went there
  • They will not accommodate me on a Thursday evening at 6 pm
  • They will not inspect the car or let me inspect the car in normal oil change service
Went to a private garage which was near my place. He gave me the option of mineral oil to be changed every 5000 kms for AED 100 or fully synthetic oil to be changed every 10000 kms for AED 160. I chose the latter. The price includes a new oil filter as well as a basic check up of the car.

So, work done was -
  • Oil change with ENOC fully synthetic oil
  • Oil filter change
  • Underbody check for leaks or damage while the car was on the lift
  • Air filter clean
  • All fluids check
Total damage = AED 160 (Approx INR 2700)

In contrast, the A.S.S. would have charged AED 320 which is approximately INR 5400 for mineral oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
Really nice car in a really nice city!
Just curious to know what is current fuel price in Dubai?
Thank you.

The price of petrol is AED 1.72 which is approximately INR 29.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 12th September 2014 at 09:04.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Where do you normally service your cars? Regular service like oil & filter change.
Sorry for the delay,bro. I surf TBHP, but seldom log-in (I'm lethargic you see)

My pathfinder is a 10 year old vehicle so giving it to the service center would turn out to be costly.

I have got 3 garages where in I get my pathfinder serviced.
1) Best Line Garage:- Its close to Al Nazr Engineering,Ghusais (opp to Zulieka Hospital) (it's owned by a guy called Shibu). He's more into 4X4's. Had given it to him when the footpath greeted my pathfinder thrice within 2 hours of me registering the vehicle, and the axle joints i think had bent (basically the tyre had moved into the bumper). They resolved it and gave it back within 3-4 days.

2) There is one more garage (forgot the name). It's close to Um Ramool behind Al Ghandi Auto. (i would recommend it). The owner is pretty hands on with your vehicle, he'll ensure that he's satisfied with the work before handing over the vehicle back to you. I had given it to them when there was a suspension problem and also for regular 5000km service. (range of vehicles:- he handles all sorts of vehicles, truck,SUV,MUV,crossover,Sedan).

3) Rage Performance Garage:- it's based in Al Quoz area. They solved a problem with my friends pathfinder and also the steering problem in my pathfinder. Would also recommend this since the owner is a speed/4X4 maniac also since the owner also has an Evo, so the problem you may face, he might also have faced. You should see the cars he owns' (As per my last count, it would be 2 FJ cruise,2 Wrangler,2 beamer,1 lancer Evo, 1 Lancia Dacia). (range of vehicles:- SUV,MUV,crossover,Sedan).

Do note:- Thursday and Sunday's are usually a busy time for most garages, since most of the 4X4 come back after 2 days of dune-bashing

As of now, i'm thinking over the idea of getting an IronMan or Old Man EMU 2.5" lift kit install, the coil spring at the rear are shot and when 3 people sit at the back, the rear tyre touches the bumper.

Last edited by roshan_cruise : 18th September 2014 at 14:38. Reason: Additions in text
roshan_cruise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 15:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshan_cruise View Post
Sorry for the delay,bro. I surf TBHP, but seldom log-in (I'm lethargic you see)

My pathfinder is a 10 year old vehicle so giving it to the service center would turn out to be costly.

As of now, i'm thinking over the idea of getting an IronMan or Old Man EMU 2.5" lift kit install, the coil spring at the rear are shot and when 3 people sit at the back, the rear tyre touches the bumper.
No problem!

Thank you for the suggestions. I will keep them in mind for my next services.

I found this place in Ras Al Khor which is a small place but pretty efficient. The owner is a ex Al Futtaim employee and knows his job well. And since I live in Int'l City, its pretty close too.

I guess I will do my normal oil changes from here and major services from Mitsubishi. For repairs and other problem solving affairs, I will keep your suggestions in mind.
Old 18th September 2014, 16:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
No problem!

Thank you for the suggestions. I will keep them in mind for my next services.
For the parts you can always check out Sharjah industrial Area, there are shops that sell almost every part of a car, something like CST road in Mumbai.

Since i stay in sharjah, i get to see these shops everyday.

Do try to visit the Sharjah Classic Car Museum and Emirates National Auto Museum in Liwa, when time permits.
roshan_cruise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

Short update:

Lancy is running beautifully without any issues.

And she is clocking up miles like anything. I have driven about 8500 kms in her in 2.5 months.

What I will like to change in her:
  • I will like a more refined engine. This thing just growls and screams when revved hard. Nothing like the sweet exhaust note of the Civic.
  • The CVT does not help either. It also dampens the fun to drive factor.
  • The headunit - who uses CDs these days?

What I will love to be untouched:
  • The looks - she is a stunner, especially in this shade of RED.
  • The ride and handling - sublime, yet sporty.
  • The steering feedback - just perfect.

Some pictures below from the recent trip to Al Ain (Jebel Hafeet) which is known as the best driving experience in the UAE (although I did not feel that!) and later some desert camping in Fujairah (Dibba beach).
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-Owned Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT (Dubai)-10592917_10152388539118317_4880502916384335488_n.jpg  

Pre-Owned Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT (Dubai)-1965048_10152388539018317_7949458513802795997_n.jpg  

Old 7th October 2014, 14:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

* At the Authorized service centre - most expensive
* At a private garage - moderately priced
* At the lube centre in petrol stations - cheapest

Went to

Dent in the pocket was 320 AED, which is approximately 5400 INR. Yes, maintaining a car is going to be expensive in UAE. The cheapest I heard from a friend for a lube service in a local garage was 200 AED, which is approx 3400 INR.

Issue:
Did they use Synthetic oil? If they did then its very reasonable ! Here in India for a regular Lancer an oil change - Synthentic oil at the Mitsu A.s.s costs about Rs 5,500- 6,000
Old 7th October 2014, 14:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Did they use Synthetic oil? If they did then its very reasonable ! Here in India for a regular Lancer an oil change - Synthentic oil at the Mitsu A.s.s costs about Rs 5,500- 6,000
Yes. They used fully synthetic oil.
Old 7th October 2014, 23:44   #28
BHPian

Just bumped into this thread seeing Dubai in thread title.Congrats on your car, Nice to have an ownership review from Dubai.

As suggested by others, minor services can be done at local shops, Ras AlKhor area have quite a few shops that have spares and aftermarket stuff.

For your USB issue with HU, just visit Dragon Mart, pretty sure you will find a solution for this without changing HU atleast till you finalize on new HU. You will be amazed by the electronics stuff for sale in Dragon Mart and you can bargain to the max.

I noticed you have bought the car from Al Awir used car market. How good is that place, Did someone recommended to you?
I usually roam around al awir to see exotics and rare cars (I believe that place has highest supercar density in UAE)

PS: - from the pics and then from your post i see you stay in Intnl City. Lookout for a silver Yamaha FZ6 there
Old 8th October 2014, 15:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
As suggested by others, minor services can be done at local shops, Ras AlKhor area have quite a few shops that have spares and aftermarket stuff.
Yep. I have decided on a FNG over there and I plan to do all my minor services from there.

Quote:
For your USB issue with HU, just visit Dragon Mart, pretty sure you will find a solution for this without changing HU atleast till you finalize on new HU. You will be amazed by the electronics stuff for sale in Dragon Mart and you can bargain to the max.
If the head unit does not have USB compatibility, how can I add a USB port to it?

Quote:
I noticed you have bought the car from Al Awir used car market. How good is that place, Did someone recommended to you?
The place is very good, provided you get a good deal and a good dealer!

Nobody recommended this place to me. I was browsing through Dubizzle in search of used cars and saw many ADs listed as Al Awir used car market. So I thought of visiting this place.

Quote:
PS: - from the pics and then from your post i see you stay in Intnl City. Lookout for a silver Yamaha FZ6 there
For sure!
Old 9th October 2014, 16:25   #30
BHPian

Hey Raj, picked up your thread just now. My congratulations on acquiring this machine. It does look quite a lovely car - wish you many many happy miles. Do keep updating the travelogues or any other updates, both for Dubai and for the Lancer updates!

Cheers, have fun!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed