Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post

Completed 2000 km. Some observations :
Congrats on yet another milestone Varun.

I have done around 3.5k on my GT TDI and I agree with everything that you have mentioned, both positive & negative.

As a product, it is really very hard to find a glaring flaw or omission in the VW Polo. The only thing that had kept me away from Polo was the puny 3 Cylinder Engines. One of my extended family member picked up the New 1.5 TDI Highline and he has only had positive feedback on the car. Planning to do a back to back drive test of his car against by GT sometime soon, that must be exciting.

Had VW launched Polo with 1.5TDI in India, I would not have GT today!!

Varun I think you must really consider going in for some nice Alloys bro. Personally, I feel your car is a tiny bit incomplete.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:09   #47
BHPian

Congratulations, I too test drove the 1.5 TDI and am really impressed. Have driven the Swift for 1.8L Kms and it is time for change. I am going to be booking the GT TDI this weekend, hope to get the delivery by end of September.

The Polo is set to be the best diesel hatch on Indian roads, hope VW doesn't disappoint us with ASS.
anshurao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 19:33   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats on yet another milestone Varun.
I think you must really consider going in for some nice Alloys bro. Personally, I feel your car is a tiny bit incomplete.
Thanks a lot !

Even I am looking for some exciting alloy designs but unable to find time (really busy these days). I might go for them in next couple of months. This is something that one should really concentrate on as alloys are an expensive investment. They are not easy to replace if I end up with bland ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Congratulations, I too test drove the 1.5 TDI and am really impressed. Have driven the Swift for 1.8L Kms and it is time for change. I am going to be booking the GT TDI this weekend, hope to get the delivery by end of September.

The Polo is set to be the best diesel hatch on Indian roads, hope VW doesn't disappoint us with ASS.

Thanks again !

I must say that New Polo is the perfect replacement for a Swift. You will suddenly feel a jump in quality and power. I have my fingers crossed as far as ASS is concerned
Old 22nd August 2014, 19:45   #49
DWC
BHPian

Quote:

Even I am looking for some exciting alloy designs but unable to find time (really busy these days). I might go for them in next couple of months. This is something that one should really concentrate on as alloys are an expensive investment. They are not easy to replace if I end up with bland ones.
First of all, thank you for the comprehensive updates at all the major milestones. Feels great to hear such good things about the car.

What do you think of these alloys? Got the picture from somewhere in the forum, can't remember where though. Probably in the Alloys and wheels thread.
Attached Thumbnails
My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up-alloys.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2014, 10:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
What do you think of these alloys? Got the picture from somewhere in the forum, can't remember where though. Probably in the Alloys and wheels thread.
Beautiful looking alloys. They seem to be from VW. Any more information on these wheels?

Last edited by Amarendranath : 23rd August 2014 at 10:40.
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:56   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Beautiful looking alloys. They seem to be from VW. Any more information on these wheels?
16" Knight wheels perhaps. From VW UK's Polo 2010 brochure:

My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up-rims.png

I love the 16" Atlanta alloys on the current gen. Jetta.
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:33   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Lol! Gannu I was asking information for the polo itself. No plans to change wheels on Jetta. How did they manage to ship the wheels is what I was wondering. They look damn good on the polo.
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:42   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Lol! Gannu I was asking information for the polo itself. No plans to change wheels on Jetta. How did they manage to ship the wheels is what I was wondering. They look damn good on the polo.
I wasn't asking you to change your stock wheels! I just said I love the Atlanta wheels.

That snap is taken from a Polo somewhere abroad. It's a LHD model. Check out the number plate as well.

Apologies for the OT post.
Old 23rd August 2014, 14:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
First of all, thank you for the comprehensive updates at all the major milestones.
What do you think of these alloys?.
Thanks ! These look really good, would love to grab them from somewhere (at reasonable cost of course )

Quote:
Any more information on these wheels?
Quote:
16" Knight wheels perhaps. From VW UK's Polo 2010 brochure. That snap is taken from a Polo somewhere abroad. It's a LHD model. Check out the number plate as well.

Well, people abroad have much better options as far as auto-world is concerned. Problem is that we need to source all the good stuff (that too at a much higher price !).

Even I love the alloys on current Jetta.

Quote:

Apologies for the OT post.
That's alright friend. BTW I love your avatar pic
Zigor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 14:41   #55
BHPian

Hey, Saimagwheels has started selling Momo wheels. A good set of 16s would cost you close to 35K which is reasonable. My vote goes for MOMO Rush or MOMO Raptor. Do check out the link below:
http://www.momo.com/en/products/road...-products.html

Btw I have never dealt with Momo or saimagwheels before. I got to know about this info from some other thread on T-BHP itself and reposting it here as I felt it was relevant.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:21   #56
BHPian

Congrats on your new car mate...!!!

Most importantly make sure that you buy the extended warranty of your VW Polo as the parts are damn expensive..!!!
I own a 2013 VW Polo Highline Diesel car. The car is marvellous!!!
Cheers...
Old 24th August 2014, 01:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Hey, Saimagwheels has started selling Momo wheels. My vote goes for MOMO Rush or MOMO Raptor. Do check out the link below:
http://www.momo.com/en/products/road...-products.html
Those are some amazing designs. Will consider for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Congrats on your new car mate...!!!

Most importantly make sure that you buy the extended warranty of your VW Polo as the parts are damn expensive..!!!
I own a 2013 VW Polo Highline Diesel car. The car is marvellous!!!
Cheers...
Thanks ! Well I have extended warranty for 2 years. So in total it is 2+2 = 4 years which I believe is good enough. The best part being that I didn't pay anything for that. Was able to negotiate when I got the car
Old 24th August 2014, 13:24   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Completed 2000 km. Some observations :

2. Maruti swift still has the best gearbox/clutch in the segment. Period. The gears slot really well in a Polo (it is no where notchy), still this gearbox is not designed for an outright enthusiast. It gives some relief considering the fact that you don't have to work the gears too much as the car is very drivable especially in 3rd gear. It is not east to stall the engine even at lower speeds. Also, the clutch travel is slightly longer/stiffer than the competition. Thumbs up to Maruti Swift here.

Varun/ Zigor
First of all Congratulations on your new ride. It's undoubtedly one of the best hatchbacks you can buy at this side of 10lakh.

Regarding your point while I agree that Polo has a bit longer clutch travel, I don't think Swift has a better gearbox than Polo. I'm a 1.2 petrol Polo owner and I have not driven the new 1.5L diesel yet so I don't know if they have made any changes to the gearbox or not in the new Polo but going by my experience I think Polo has the best gearbox in the segment. Definitely better than that of Swift.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 14:36   #59
YCJ
BHPian

Really nice car there..Especially love the new steering wheel.
Congrats!!
Old 24th August 2014, 19:41   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
First of all Congratulations on your new ride. It's undoubtedly one of the best hatchbacks you can buy at this side of 10lakh.

Regarding your point while I agree that Polo has a bit longer clutch travel, I don't think Swift has a better gearbox than Polo. I'm a 1.2 petrol Polo owner and I have not driven the new 1.5L diesel yet so I don't know if they have made any changes to the gearbox or not in the new Polo but going by my experience I think Polo has the best gearbox in the segment. Definitely better than that of Swift.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks !
I must say that it took me a while to reach at this conclusion. There is slight difference among the gearboxes of Polo diesel and petrol siblings. I have driven 1.2 petrol Polo and I agree that Petrol feels slightly better than the diesel counterpart. Diesel with it's sizable torque (230nm phew !) seems stressed during a quick operation. 2nd and 3rd gears are at times notchy (slightly). I remember that my Swift diesel had a great gearbox even at 1.5 Lac kms (when I sold it !). I still insist that the Swift has a better (read smooth) gearbox, by a very small margin though ! My observation can be wrong too. May be it would be better after a few thousand kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
Really nice car there..Especially love the new steering wheel.
Congrats!!
Thanks ! Me too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks