Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2014, 18:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I had an opportunity to TD the car early this week.
Vikram,
Test drive of new GT Tdi is available in bangalore ? Which dealer.

Cheers.
Old 1st November 2014, 11:27   #107
BHPian

Can the Leather wrap on the steering wheel from Highline be bought as an accessory and fixed on the Comfortline?
Old 15th November 2014, 15:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post
5500 km completed
Thanks for the detailed review and frequent updates. Eager to hear about the regular service/maintenance costs as you go along. If I'm right, your first service will be due at 15000 km?
isiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 16:16   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post
Bought this :

Cost : Rs 1100 (1 year manufacturer warranty)

It seems robust. I tested on a friend's car. Just connect one end to the 12v charging point and the other one to the tyre. Tyre pressure was 30psi when checked beforehand. It takes not more than 1 min to reach 32psi (for 1 tyre). Checked air pressure again with a separate gauge. It was perfect. Took 6-7 mins to bring all four tyres to 32. Seems alright !

Only disadvantage is the noise it produces when in operation. It is still manageable.
I bought this last year as well via eBay and it came in handy at couple of occassions.

At one time I had a puncture in left front tyre but it being a Tubeless, the airloss was minimal. I used the pump to fill up the lost air.

Had one issue with the pump and visited their factory in Haryana and the guys promptly replaced its parts.

I now regularly use it on fortnightly basis to check pressure on my both cars tires.
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 14:49   #110
BHPian

@Zigor, Have bought the same model in the same color. Gearshift is quite notchy at present. Saw that you were facing the same problem but it smoothed out in a few thousand Kms. Can you provide more details on your experience on the 'before' & 'after'?

Also, keep all of us updated on how the car is doing!
MNITDEVIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 22:00   #111
BHPian

10,000 km report
My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up-km.jpg

+ves :

1. Design - German car designs are exemplary. Simple yet elegant. I see so many overdone designs these days and strongly believe that a small hatch should look like a small hatch and nothing else. 'Car designs' is a subjective topic but I don't think every person needs those extra butch looks, with too many lines and too much chrome. Those designs fade away really fast. Polo is classy and has the ability to stay classy for years. A special mention for excellent paint quality as well. Overall build quality is very good. I love the instrument cluster along with MFD. I love all black dash. Steering is perfect. As I mentioned before, this is no doubt an internationally engineered product.

2. Engine/Gearbox/Tyres - Engine produces 90 ps of power and 230 nm torque. These are good numbers and they don't disappoint at all. Sweet spot lies between 1500-3500 rpm. Many reviews suggest power delivery is linear but if you put your foot down, the surge is pretty much there. I don't get pushed back to the seat, but it really doesn't matter because the power band is quite wide so at no time it feels under-powered. The best past is the torque that you feel. Overtaking in 3/5th gear is awesome. Suspension felt better after I changed to Bridgestones. I was never convinced with the Alnacs and I could feel the difference right away (changed to Bridgestone Turanza ER300 in same size). Gearbox is getting better with each passing day. It was (slightly) notchy for first three thousand kms but it got really better after I crossed 5000km mark. It feels great and no complaints at all.

3. Handling/Suspension/Steering/Brakes - The suspension is on softer side. I would like it to be hard (for enthusiast in me) but as this is my daily drive, I like the slightly 'soft' settings. I think VW achieved right balance. Car handles very well around twisties and I am always satisfied. As I mentioned elsewhere, we drive on Indian roads, not on race tracks. ABS is up to mark. Even under hard braking, the car stops in straight line. Steering response is good and leaves me satisfied at all speeds. It stiffens up quite well at high speeds. High speed handling and composure is segment best.

-ves :

No real negatives as such. I just hope that ingress, egress was better especially for elderly people (but then I love the low stance), wish we had more rear space and no hump in the middle, wish the new Polo came with at least 16'inchers, wish 1.5 unit was not that audible. These are minor issues which are easy to live with (for me). I was looking for a fast, practical, compact and safe car that makes my highway drives interesting. I guess VW delivered on that.

7500 kms inspection :

Nothing new to report. All fluids were checked and I guess no top ups required (except coolant). Balancing and alignment was done. I got the front chrome strip fitted. It enhances the already sophisticated look. The front was looking incomplete/blank without the chrome strip.

Total cost for first service - Rs.800 ( for Balancing/Alignment )

No update is complete without customary pics.

My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up-highway.jpg

My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up-hmm.jpg

My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up-sama.jpg
Zigor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 22:51   #112
DWC
BHPian

Car's looking good with the front chrome strip. How much did that cost you? My 7500 km service is coming up in just under 800 kms, need to think it will be pretty standard. The car does run like a dream. Enjoy her.
Old 4th December 2014, 11:18   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
Car's looking good with the front chrome strip. How much did that cost you? My 7500 km service is coming up in just under 800 kms, need to think it will be pretty standard. The car does run like a dream. Enjoy her.
Spent 2100/- for chrome strip. Really like the fit and finish. 7500 km checkup is just a minor inspection (to check the fluids and check balancing/alignment). Yes, it will be pretty standard if everything is running fine.
Old 24th December 2014, 01:56   #114
BHPian

Re: My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up

Finally, after a lot of Team-BHP'ing, booked my Polo 1.5 TDi night Blue at Palace Cross, Bengaluru. Thanks for Zigor's report and detailed review at various milestones.

Last year, I had almost bought GT TSI as it was the only Polo which made a lot of sense to me. Now, time has passed by, with this new 1.5 TDI, it is the best hatch that one can buy around 9 Lakhs OR, Bengaluru
After multiple test drives, i was very clear that I m booking it for myself. VW Palace cross guys have been nice so far and gave me enough test drives (5-6) to ensure that Im convinced.
I hoping to get my beauty the mighty night blue, this Friday
Old 24th December 2014, 08:24   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post

Finally, after a lot of Team-BHP'ing, booked my Polo 1.5 TDi night Blue at Palace Cross, Bengaluru.

I hoping to get my beauty the mighty night blue, this Friday
Congrats ssbshankar on your booking and wish you loads of mile crunching.

O.T - Last weekend while returning from K.Gudi, took the Kollegal-Kanakapura route and did some spirited driving. I ensured I was never rash and was passing vehicles like they were not even moving. GT TDi has to be driven on open roads to feel the power.
At one instance, I encountered the 1.5 TDI Polo and I understood what this engine has done to regular Polo. This car was the only one on the entire stretch that was able to catch up with me and stay there !!
Old 24th December 2014, 11:51   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post
Finally, after a lot of Team-BHP'ing, booked my Polo 1.5 TDi night Blue at Palace Cross, Bengaluru. Thanks for Zigor's report and detailed review at various milestones.
Congratulations ! I wish you happy miles ahead

Happy to hear my ownership report was of some help. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

At one instance, I encountered the 1.5 TDI Polo and I understood what this engine has done to regular Polo. This car was the only one on the entire stretch that was able to catch up with me and stay there !!

I can identify with that. I meet some GT owners once in a while and they race with my Polo just to prove they have the hottest hatch in the market (infact they are right). The most interesting part is when I overtake one of the GT cars, they immediately try to race ahead. While all this happens rest of the cars quietly move and admire. VW is really turning into 'an enthusiasts brand', at-least in India.

Note : I don't endorse rash driving

Winters are here

My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up-5.jpg My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up-7.jpg

Check out the morning temperatures in Gurgaon.
Zigor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 16:35   #117
BHPian

hi Zigor,
How is the ASS experience as of now?
Any more updates would be really helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks