Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 09:55   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

You sure have best of both the worlds. I haven't driven the Sports much but [pleasantly] surprised to know that it has less roll than the SFX. SFX was/is a gem of a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Shri View Post

The SFX with a Sports engine and tweaked interiors would have been the best of both worlds in my view.

No one could have said this better. Heck, launch the updated Pajero [the upcoming 2016] in SFX's clothes and see the sales flying.

Yesterday, me and my BFF [best friend forever] were discussing cars and he nailed it saying, who doesn't want to buy a Mitsubishi over a Toyota/Ford but where to buy, where to go for service?

Patna's ASC is very incompetent, the SFX which I used to drive has been taken to Delhi for repairs. I just wish better sense prevailed to the guys running Mitsubishi in India. Launch more [contemporary] products & then slowly ramp up sales/production.
Old 28th November 2015, 23:02   #197
BHPian

Quote:
For the highways I prefer the Sports and in the city I prefer the SFX. I think the SFX has slightly better visibility than the Sports but the Sports has less body roll.
As Sheel has said, you have the best of both worlds. Would really love to try out the SFX. Re Sports I can confirm that the body roll is hugely lower than in my old Scorpio.

Quote:
On the looks front I find the SFX more appealing but would prefer the Sports over a Fortuner any day.
I actually like the looks of the new Sports. Perhaps I am more inclined to fluidic looks

I got the vehicle 2 days back. Here's a teaser photo. You can also see my old TVS Suzuki AX 100R too on the right. She used to be in running condition till 2013 but no longer. I have not had the heart to sell her.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_20151128_1032351.jpg
bevivek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 04:46   #198
BHPian

Maybe I am a bit biased towards the SFX friends but everytime I sit in it after driving the Sports I feel that ever so slightly increase in confidence (you can attribute it to the longer familiarisation and I won't argue with you), the subtle aspects like visibility, gear ratios, steering, clutch, distance between the pedals, etc. all of which come together to inspire confidence during off-reading.

Many times on the highways Fortuners have left me in their dust but then I never felt bad because whether it is age or ability I just cannot agree with the idea of a high CG vehicle being driven in excess of 120kmph on Indian roads. With the Sports one can keep up if suicidally inclined and that's where the Sports scores over the SFX.
Deep_Shri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 06:37   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Many times on the highways Fortuners have left me in their dust but then I never felt bad because whether it is age or ability I just cannot agree with the idea of a high CG vehicle being driven in excess of 120kmph on Indian roads. With the Sports one can keep up if suicidally inclined and that's where the Sports scores over the SFX.
For a change, a few weeks ago, my 2003 GLX has left the Fortuner in the dust while on the ORR in Hyd. Even after completing 2 lac kms, my Gangsta is in no way older. I guess its good for another 2 lac kms atleast!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th November 2015 at 17:15. Reason: Post edited. Please refrain from posting about speeding on public roads. Thanks!
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 16:23   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
For a change, a few weeks ago, my 2003 GLX has left the Fortuner in the dust while on the ORR in Hyd. Even after completing 2 lac kms, my Gangsta is in no way older. I guess its good for another 2 lac kms atleast!
A Fortuner owner here

I agree with Deep. With a tall heavy SUV, I don't get this 'leaving someone in the dust'. And besides, at least with a Fortuner, the FE goes down exponentially once one crosses 120 kmph. When I am on a long drive (> 1000 km), I am more concerned about getting a decent FE while driving fast enough. Than competing with other vehicles.

All are great vehicles with their pros and cons.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th November 2015 at 17:16. Reason: Quoted post edited. PS note removed (speeding).
nilanjanray is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 18:56   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe I am a bit biased towards the SFX friends but everytime I sit in it after driving the Sports I feel that ever so slightly increase in confidence
Having read your vote for SFX as well as that of other believers in the model such as Harbir, I wish I could drive one and check it out. Perhaps one day.

Quote:
I just cannot agree with the idea of a high CG vehicle being driven in excess of 120kmph on Indian roads. With the Sports one can keep up if suicidally inclined and that's where the Sports scores over the SFX.
Agree with you. While on highways, best to maintain a speed which you can maintain for long and which will allow you to take slight undulations in the road without changing down. This is rarely over 110 given the nature of Indian roads. I do like the occasional burst of speed when the road is clear but would not maintain this for long.

If one of the testosterone endowed folk arrive a good policy is to get out of the way. A tried and tested heuristic to identify them is to check the number plates. If the number is given in MONSTER SIZE and with patterns like 6666 or 8888 then bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Looking forward to pics of your drive.
Here are 2 to get things started.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_20151129_092632_outside_wheels_turn_left_resized-1.jpg

This second snap is of my working garage, the Palio Sports at the rear, the Pajero Sports in the middle and the workhorse Innova up front.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_20151129_092652_all_3_cars_resized-2.jpg

More soon
Old 30th November 2015, 11:09   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
I guess its good for another 2 lac kms atleast!
Thats the thing with Mitsubishi engines. Their long term performance and reliability is legendary.
400,000km for the 4M40 engine that you have, easy peasy with the right maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
Having read your vote for SFX as well as that of other believers in the model such as Harbir, I wish I could drive one and check it out. Perhaps one day.
The best way of doing it to request an owner for it when you are at the dealership for a service. Most people oblige.

Quote:
If one of the testosterone endowed folk arrive a good policy is to get out of the way.
Which is what I follow as well. However, at times their IQ tends to be lesser than the sum of their numbers on their plates and they keep slowing down after going ahead of you for no reason.

When such things happen, I simply let the 178 Dakar bred stallions take over..!!

My general speeds on the highway are 100-120kmph and I get around 11.5kmpl.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 13:05   #203
BHPian

Quote:

This second snap is of my working garage, the Palio Sports at the rear, the Pajero Sports in the middle and the workhorse Innova up front.

More soon
Quite a garage you have there, Vivek. Heart and mind both catered for. Looking forward to your ownership thread and updates on adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
When I am on a long drive (> 1000 km), I am more concerned about getting a decent FE while driving fast enough. Than competing with other vehicles.

All are great vehicles with their pros and cons.
Nilanjan, good to see you comments on this thread. I have read almost all your travelogues, and yours was one of the threads I used for a lot if info when I was deciding the Pajero vs Fortuner question. Totally agree with your observation here. I am hoping to do the Bangalore Kanha etc trips, let's see when the family finally bites the bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

When such things happen, I simply let the 178 Dakar bred stallions take over..!!
My general speeds on the highway are 100-120kmph and I get around 11.5kmpl.
Never give up a challenge, eh Dev? Interestingly, my driving style is now getting more sedate as well. I used to have awesome drive times (read, short) on the usual Chennai, Tirupati, etc runs in my Scorpio. Of late, I seem to be enjoying the drive a bit more in the relaxed lane. I have tested the Pajero Sports up to 160, and it drives that speed with ease. Having done that, don't find the need to engage in challenges on the road anymore - specially with the alto-with-side-mirrors folded kinds - they seem to be testing their guardian angels already anyways!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 12:57   #204
BHPian

Quote:
The best way of doing it to request an owner for it when you are at the dealership for a service. Most people oblige.
That's a good tip. Thanks. Will try when I go for the first service.

Quote:
They keep slowing down after going ahead of you for no reason. When such things happen, I simply let the 178 Dakar bred stallions take over..!!
Yes, unfortunately true. And it does not even have to be cars. Once a bike ridden by a hobo did this for 40 kilometers in the Agra Delhi stretch. So, yeah, sometimes, it is just necessary to pull away. [/quote]
Old 1st December 2015, 13:00   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Quite a garage you have there, Vivek. Heart and mind both catered for.
Thanks. The 'Mind' will soon be driven to Chennai and get sold there (it has TN registration).

So will then be left only with our 2 beauties.
Old 8th December 2015, 17:34   #206
VKM
BHPian

Guys
does pajero sport have isofix points for child safety seat?
Old 9th December 2015, 13:05   #207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKM View Post
Guys
does pajero sport have isofix points for child safety seat?
Yes, it does. You can see small ISOFIX tags on the seats.
Old 9th December 2015, 13:25   #208
VKM
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it does. You can see small ISOFIX tags on the seats.
Thanks Man, can i trouble you to post a picture of the same?
Old 9th December 2015, 13:57   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKM View Post
Thanks Man, can i trouble you to post a picture of the same?
Sure thing. Will do it as soon as I can.
Old 20th December 2015, 08:30   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to your ownership thread and updates on adventures.
Been working on it but progress is slow

The vehicle is about to complete its 1 month period. Has done 950 km so far. Have booked its 1000Km check for the 22nd. Did its first out of city trip yesterday on a trip to Bombay and back. As it is run-in period, kept speed to below 120 in 5th but it was difficult Here is a picture I took of my Blue in our Bombay place.

My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-car-bombay-1.jpg

I discussed with a few folk in the TAI thread (AG) and have decided to go in for a K&N filter to replace the current filter. I checked with the ASS engineer and he said that doing this will NOT void warranty.

It has been a hassle free month though there are some niggles:

a) Seems to be a slight rattling from the front passenger window

b) The GPS seems a very hit or miss affair. At some times, in the same location and with equally clear skies, it shows Very Good as signal strength. At other times, it is not able to get a single satellite. Satellite drop is also very frequent in that one moment it has full strength and next no signal at all. Is this common? My Android phone GPS seems way more reliable.

More reports after the ASS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks