Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2018, 14:20   #196
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: 2015 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
I have a Toyota Fortuner 4x4 AT 2015 model and am keen to install rear differential lock on my vehicle. I am guessing that it should be possible to source the required parts and have them retro fitted.

Cheers
I don't think we can do that, though you can add Lockers in the rear and front relatively easier. ARB Dealer in Banglore can help you.

https://www.arb.com.au/toyota-fortun...t/air-lockers/

Some guys in our NCR group have on Endeavour and Pajero.

Or check something like this

https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/4x4-p...front-373-down

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th September 2018 at 14:24.
Old 13th September 2018, 19:03   #197
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don't think we can do that, though you can add Lockers in the rear and front relatively easier. ARB Dealer in Banglore can help you.

https://www.arb.com.au/toyota-fortun...t/air-lockers/

Some guys in our NCR group have on Endeavour and Pajero.

Or check something like this

https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/4x4-p...front-373-down

Thanks Turbanator for your reply and suggestions. I am more keen on either OEM product or something like the Eaton E locker.

I plan on connecting with Eaton India before establishing contact with Harrop. I need to understand if installing the Eaton/Harrop E Locker would void my warranty. I just took the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year till 1,85,000 kms, hence I though about using Toyota OEM parts if possible.

While ARB is a good solution, I don't intend to go in for that as I believe it goes against the grain of the earlier gen Fortuner which has simpler and robust mechanicals that rarely fail and if they do are simpler to repair.

Cheers
Old 19th December 2018, 18:17   #198
AAD
BHPian

While driving my Automatic Fortuner, I have observed a trait which I wanted to share with fellow forum members and check if my understanding of this trait is correct.

The Automatic Fortuner (2015 model) has a 5 speed Torque Converter unit. Normally when I am driving on the highway, if I have to brake or reduce speed rapidly, I downshift from D to 4 & then to 3 in order to gain engine braking.

When I accelerate back to normal cruising speed of say 120kms, I again upshift from 3 to 4 & then to D. In normal cases, if I upshift from 4 to D at say 90 kmph, the gearbox immediately shifts to 5th speed and the engine rpm falls commensurately.

However if I am aggressively driving, I tend to hold on to 4 till say 100 or 110 kmph and then shift to D. At this shift point, the engine rpm rises and I feel more power available which makes the speed to rapidly rise till 125-130 kmph (all speedo indicated) before the shift actually happens to the 5th gear and the engine rpm also drops few hundred rpm.

My understanding of this behaviour is either the Fortuner has a variable vane turbocharger which is adjusting the vanes in order to deliver more horsepower based on throttle position or the ECU is delivering more engine power by temporarily boosting the output or a combination of both.

Since the older Fortuner does not have Sport or Power mode, I wonder if it is the turbocharger vanes doing the job.

Perhaps many owners of the old fortuner automatic have also experienced similar behaviour and will appreciate your comments or explanation on this trait, which I must say is a very pleasant feedback because the engine of this big, burly, un-aerodynamic SUV stands up to deliver power when asked.

Cheers.
AAD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 20:13   #199
BHPian

I'm guessing its only the 4x4 AT which came with the 5 speed and the 4x2 is 4 speed. Can anyone please confirm that the 2015 4x2 AT does or does not have the 5 speed transmission?
Old 27th December 2018, 20:56   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I'm guessing its only the 4x4 AT which came with the 5 speed and the 4x2 is 4 speed. Can anyone please confirm that the 2015 4x2 AT does or does not have the 5 speed transmission?

Toyota launched the 5-speed automatic Fortuner in 2013. The 4-speed automatic was launched in 2012 along with the facelift.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 21:21   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Toyota launched the 5-speed automatic Fortuner in 2013. The 4-speed automatic was launched in 2012 along with the facelift.
Thanks, ok so the 4x4 AT was launched in 2015 and they still had the 5 speed in 4x2 AT. Does anyone know if there were any changes in the 2015 4x2 or is the 2013 to 2016 4x2 AT are all same
Old 21st May 2020, 15:24   #202
BHPian

I was just wondering if anyone could help - I just replaced the battery on my 2015 Fortuner 4x4 AT and now the auto up/down on the driver's window doesn't work.

The switch and window now operate as a normal switch, without the "auto" feature.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 21st May 2020 at 15:53.
Old 18th February 2021, 20:23   #203
BHPian

My car just came back from the 1,20,000 kms service and I have been told that the front rack end requires replacement, hatch shockers have become weak and also heater coil needs to be replaced.

I wanted to know more regarding the front rack end and hatch shockers and whether all this should be done at the ASC or can be done outside since my car is out of warranty now.

Thanks,
sv97
Old 8th March 2021, 16:34   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
I was just wondering if anyone could help - I just replaced the battery on my 2015 Fortuner 4x4 AT and now the auto up/down on the driver's window doesn't work.

The switch and window now operate as a normal switch, without the "auto" feature.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I just noticed this, and after so many months passing since your post, Im sure the issue would have solved.

Whenever there is battery removal, the "auto" window rolling function have to be "reset". Its written in the owners manual too, I dont recall the exact wordings.
What I do : Just roll window up by manual pressing, and roll down manually pressing - keep it pressed down for few more seconds. Repeat it one more time. This will again activate the auto up/down feature.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 18:35   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
I just noticed this, and after so many months passing since your post, Im sure the issue would have solved.

Whenever there is battery removal, the "auto" window rolling function have to be "reset". Its written in the owners manual too, I dont recall the exact wordings.
What I do : Just roll window up by manual pressing, and roll down manually pressing - keep it pressed down for few more seconds. Repeat it one more time. This will again activate the auto up/down feature.

regards,
Pranav
Thanks Pranav,

I got it working earlier as you stated. Thanks!

However, the vehicle was flooded and now is being considered a total loss - even though it was practically in brand-new condition with only 11,800 kms on it in Aug20...
Old 24th March 2021, 12:29   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pranav,

I got it working earlier as you stated. Thanks!

However, the vehicle was flooded and now is being considered a total loss - even though it was practically in brand-new condition with only 11,800 kms on it in Aug20...
ahh very sad to hear this damage. hope the RTI covers the full loss.
Old 24th March 2021, 18:37   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
ahh very sad to hear this damage. hope the RTI covers the full loss.
Thanks.

The dealer who sold the policy (at the rate of 2x ++ the market rate) made sure to switch me from RTI to a normal policy - and now the insurance company is depreciating the vehicle to 15L IDV!

Complete insanity and ridiculous monopolistic control for a vehicle driven only 12k kilometers and in a completely *mint* condition!
Old 8th April 2021, 02:02   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.

The dealer who sold the policy (at the rate of 2x ++ the market rate) made sure to switch me from RTI to a normal policy - and now the insurance company is depreciating the vehicle to 15L IDV!

Complete insanity and ridiculous monopolistic control for a vehicle driven only 12k kilometers and in a completely *mint* condition!
Was wondering if anyone knows a good lawyer/insurance agent who is familiar with dealing with auto insurers?

We are involved in insurance ourselves, but this is completely different beast one is dealing with...
Old 2nd January 2023, 16:46   #209
BHPian

Hello,

I am looking for a pre-owned 2015 Fortuner 4x4 AT and I have been searching online since months.
Today I came across one in the link below:

https://droom.in/product/toyota-fort...e5577a6b8b45ba

The reason I am posting it here is that there is a t-bhp LTD sticker on the car which I sincerely hope is owned by a fellow bhpian. So, high chances of being properly maintained.

If the owner is here and is reading this, please send me a PM.

Also, if anyone can guide me to a well maintained example, do let me know.

Thanks

Mods: Please delete this if not relevant to this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks