Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2015, 19:05   #16
BHPian

Re: My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Hey Deovrat, congrats, and definitely upgrade the tyres as soon as you take the car
Thanks and thanks for the tip
Michelins seem to be the way to go, judging by this and other Vento ownership threads; definitely looking at them.
Old 30th March 2015, 19:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
Thanks and thanks for the tip
Michelins seem to be the way to go, judging by this and other Vento ownership threads; definitely looking at them.
I have upgraded to the Michelin Primacy 3ST on my Polo GT TSI bought around October, and they are excellent. I will strongly recommend that. Just go one size plus in the width.
Old 30th March 2015, 19:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
[*]Lack of paddle shifts and cruise control
Congrats on the buy!

Quick question - The whole purpose of paddle shift I thought was to the ability to change gears manually. In TSI you have a different method to change gears manually, so how can this be a con.
Old 30th March 2015, 20:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ventoman,
Congratulations on your vento tsi, fantastic buy!

I am in a dilema between the honda city cvt and the vento tsi or tdi...

Also, updated vento is dew in next few months, so have decided to wait and see if they release these features or not.
Thanks for your wishes and hope your hunt works out well. Please do keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4wheels View Post
Congratulations ventoman on your new Vento TSI and thank you for acknowledging my ownership report.
Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
First of all, let me congratulate you on your new purchase. The car looks great!

Secondly, I couldn't have hoped for a more opportunist time to read this report as I am taking delivery of a Toffee Brown Vento TSI in 2 days !!

The car is already in showroom and I've carried out the Pre-registration inspection.

Any last minute tips?
Quote:
Thanks and thanks for the tip.
Congratulations & Happy motoring. As long as you have done the PDI and satisfied, nothing else to worry about. Enjoy the moments that you'll cherish forever. Michelin P3ST are great shoes that complement Vento's rides quite well. Other offerings are 205 profile from Continental and they too have got quite good reviews and priced similarly. I chose Michelin and 195 out of the 2, due to my past pleasant experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Congrats on the buy!

Quick question - The whole purpose of paddle shift I thought was to the ability to change gears manually. In TSI you have a different method to change gears manually, so how can this be a con.
Thanks for your wishes.
I've included lack of paddle shifters in the "con" list, as VW provide them outside India for Polo DSG; but denied them here, thereby forcing us to seek after market offerings.
We obviously do have triptronic mode in gear shifter itself, but nothing could beat the convenience of a paddle shifter integrated to the steering.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 23:56   #20
Team-BHP Support

We need more photos!

It was nice catching up at Bay6 the other day. How do the auto dimming mirrors look?
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 08:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
We need more photos!

It was nice catching up at Bay6 the other day. How do the auto dimming mirrors look?
Thanks Vidyut! It was indeed my pleasure to catch up with you and Jaggu on Saturday @ Bay6.

Well, the auto dimming installation didn't go as planned, due to its complicated setup and Anoop wanted to go through the manual first. So it might happen only after few days.
I'll try to upload some more photos of my Vento during the weekend.

Last edited by ventoman : 31st March 2015 at 08:21.
Old 31st March 2015, 08:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the auto dimming installation didn't go as planned, due to its complicated setup and Anoop wanted to go through the manual first. So it might happen only after few days.
I'll try to upload some more photos of my Vento during the weekend.
I am also looking forward to your installation process. Please update as you get it installed. I would like to know where he is taking the power from for the mirror.

The rear view mirror in our polo gt is also hopeless to say the least! I love the mirror in my i20, which is auto-dimming. I enquired about its price to retrofit in polo, and the Hyundai workshop said its around 40k!

Have seen some online in US, and planned to call from there if your installation is successful.

Good luck with it mate.
Old 31st March 2015, 09:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations & Happy motoring. As long as you have done the PDI and satisfied, nothing else to worry about.
Thank you for your kind wishes.

A couple of questions, if I may sir.
Did you get original PUC certificate at the time of delivery? My local dealer says VW don't hand out one. The stamp on the windshield is all they do.

Secondly, did you get separate warranty certificates either for battery or for tyres?

Appreciate your help in this regard.
Old 31st March 2015, 10:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I am also looking forward to your installation process. Please update as you get it installed. I would like to know where he is taking the power from for the mirror.

The rear view mirror in our polo gt is also hopeless to say the least! I love the mirror in my i20, which is auto-dimming. I enquired about its price to retrofit in polo, and the Hyundai workshop said its around 40k!

Have seen some online in US, and planned to call from there if your installation is successful.

Good luck with it mate.
Sure. Will let you know. Power source was the problem due to which installation was aborted last Saturday. We tried sourcing it from cabin lights (without any wire cuts) and that didn't work, as the power was constantly fluctuating which suits fine for dimming effect of bulbs; but not for auto dimming mirror and dash cam. We are now looking at drawing out a separate line from the fuse box, route it all the way to top of windshield and then use it for dash cam & auto dimming mirror. Hopefully I should get this resolved over next few days with Anoop's expertise.

Btw, I sourced the Gentex Auto Dimming mirror with Compass for £70 from Amazon UK.

Quote:
Thank you for your kind wishes.

A couple of questions, if I may sir.
Did you get original PUC certificate at the time of delivery? My local dealer says VW don't hand out one. The stamp on the windshield is all they do.

Secondly, did you get separate warranty certificates either for battery or for tyres?

Appreciate your help in this regard.
Yes. They are right. The stamp on windshield is what we get towards PUC. I did not receive any explicit warranty certificate towards battery or tyres and presume its all inclusive as part of their 2 year warranty.

Last edited by ventoman : 31st March 2015 at 10:42.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 12:21   #25
Team-BHP Support

ventoman, have a look at this guide in myturbodiesel forums.

All the best! And keep us posted.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 18:24   #26
BHPian

Hi, not sure if this has been asked previously: How do you enable/disable Vento TSI's Traction Control system? I know the button on the dashboard which says "Off", but it does not light up or anything when you press it.
I would like to have some indication (either on the button itself or on the speedo cluster) whether it has been turned off or on and I couldn't find any.
Apologies if this is a bit noob question.
Old 24th April 2015, 18:53   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, not sure if this has been asked previously: How do you enable/disable Vento TSI's Traction Control system? I know the button on the dashboard which says "Off", but it does not light up or anything when you press it.
I would like to have some indication (either on the button itself or on the speedo cluster) whether it has been turned off or on and I couldn't find any.
Apologies if this is a bit noob question.
If I am not mistaken, there in an indication on the speedo cluster. Also I think you can switch it on/off only when the car is stationary and before switching on the engine. Before cranking the engine , if you switch it off, the speedo cluster indicates it as off. Then when you start there is no indication out is off( I may be wrong on this)

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 24th April 2015 at 19:01.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 18:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
If I am not mistaken, there in an indication on the speedo cluster. Also I think you can switch it on/off only when the car is stationary. ( I may be wrong on this)
The owner's manual concurs with you in that it can be switched off/on only when the car is stationary.
I have tried pushing the button on/off in an idling car, continuously looking at the instrument cluster for any indication light that might come on/go off but have found absolutely nothing. Hence, worried that it is my particular car that has some trouble.
Old 24th April 2015, 19:01   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The owner's manual concurs with you in that it can be switched off/on only when the car is stationary.
I have tried pushing the button on/off in an idling car, continuously looking at the instrument cluster for any indication light that might come on/go off but have found absolutely nothing. Hence, worried that it is my particular car that has some trouble.
Did you try keeping the button pressed for a few seconds? I believe it deactivates only if you keep it pressed for longer time to avoid accidental ESP deactivation.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 19:06   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think you need to do it before cranking the engine. At first step of ignition when the electrical systems come on. Otherwise it may be as Viddy has mentioned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks