Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:55   #76
BHPian

Re: 6 months update

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi Ventoman, Kindly provide a few details regarding the GTI steering. From where did you source it? If from online, can you please provide the link. Adigas Automobile, how is their workmanship and is it the right place to go once the steering in sourced?
Hi,
Mine was an excess from a group buy and came to know of its availability via our own classifieds. I quickly reached out and closed the deal. I believe that it was originally sourced from Mexico.

I've been to Adigas Automobiles a couple of times and can vouch for their workmanship. It's a Bosch Authorised service center as well and frequented by quite a few TBhpians.
Old 3rd November 2015, 18:52   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Hi,
Mine was an excess from a group buy and came to know of its availability via our own classifieds. I quickly reached out and closed the deal. I believe that it was originally sourced from Mexico.

I've been to Adigas Automobiles a couple of times and can vouch for their workmanship. It's a Bosch Authorised service center as well and frequented by quite a few TBhpians.
Ok, thank you. Are they located in Banashankari and is this the address for the same? (got it from google).
No.75/1, 100 Feet Ring Road, Hosakerehalli, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bangalore - 560085, Near Pesit Veerabhadranagar

Is there any particular person whom you recommend to meet there?
Old 21st November 2015, 21:52   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally we thought it'll be plug and play. However, the new OEM flat bottom steering wheel has a very tiny groove for detaching the airbag and it took a while to dismantle OEM wheel. New wheel was fitted in a jiffy and paddles worked straightaway without any VCDS coding too!
Hi Ventoman,

Do you remember the place where groove to remove airbag is located in the OEM steering wheel of your car? I was not able to find the location of pin required to remove airbag. If possible would you be able to post picture (rear) of the steering wheel removed from your car.

Regards.
Old 21st November 2015, 22:02   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi Ventoman,

Do you remember the place where groove to remove airbag is located in the OEM steering wheel of your car? I was not able to find the location of pin required to remove airbag. If possible would you be able to post picture (rear) of the steering wheel removed from your car.

Regards.
Poke these holes:

My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!-eddf5b2s960.jpg

My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!-23df5b2s960.jpg
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 22:06   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Poke these holes:
Hi Gannu,

Thanks a lot, I did notice this but was not aware that I will have to remove the plastic and then move the spring.

Regards.
Old 22nd November 2015, 00:55   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!

@Ventoman - Congrats on all the beautiful Mods, rated the thread 5*

I have just booked the vento TSi and had few doubts.

1. Will the auto Lights work the same way in new vento(Will place order on your confirmation)

2. Will order the auto Dimming IVRM from UK as per your link, hopefully can find someone in bangalore who can do the fitting just like you got it done in Coimbatore.

3. Could you please share the link for Aliexpress for below items..

1. Jetta cabin lights.
2. Sports Pedals
3. Anti Glare OVRM with indicators
4. Shark Fin Antenna.

Would really appreciate it and will also place the order(have also booked the Toffee brown).

Read that you met Kryptonite in one of your posts, do you guys meet regularly will like to take a look at your prized possession(He is a very good friend)

Last edited by AtheK : 22nd November 2015 at 00:59.
Old 6th December 2015, 14:58   #82
BHPian

Hi Ventoman,

Just a silly question. From 250 NM of Torque you have come down to 175. Do you ever feel the difference? During long drives? Is the in gear acceleration better than TDI. I have finally decided to go for TSI. I do drive fast & don't want to beaten by a TDI (long drives). Will this car meet my expectations?
Old 12th December 2015, 11:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
1. Will the auto Lights work the same way in new vento(Will place order on your confirmation)
2. Will order the auto Dimming IVRM from UK as per your link, hopefully can find someone in bangalore who can do the fitting just like you got it done in Coimbatore.

3. Could you please share the link for Aliexpress for below items..

1. Jetta cabin lights.
2. Sports Pedals
3. Anti Glare OVRM with indicators
4. Shark Fin Antenna.

Would really appreciate it and will also place the order(have also booked the Toffee brown).

Read that you met Kryptonite in one of your posts, do you guys meet regularly will like to take a look at your prized possession(He is a very good friend)
Hi,
Congrats on your purchase and please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in response, as I was away on a business trip for more than a month.

1. Yes. They'll work fine with new Ventos as well. Please refer to Ganesh's post here which explains the step by step installation .
2. I believe several Bhp-ians have swapped them now. So it should be much easier to get this done.
3. Please find the links as below.
1. Jetta cabin lights - here
2. Sports Pedals - Can't find the item any longer. You can search in Aliexpress and order for automatic VW Polo. Mine was around $10.
3. Anti Glare OVRM with indicators - here
This is the one without indicators. If you want those with indicators, please message the seller before making payment and he'll revise the price accordingly (would be around $10 extra)
4. Shark Fin Antenna - here
Btw, I met Kryptonite only once last time when I was fitting GTi wheels. I might come down to Adigas shortly for retrofitting the cruise control.(Thanks to Gannu for all the details).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Hi Ventoman,

Just a silly question. From 250 NM of Torque you have come down to 175. Do you ever feel the difference? During long drives? Is the in gear acceleration better than TDI. I have finally decided to go for TSI. I do drive fast & don't want to beaten by a TDI (long drives). Will this car meet my expectations?
I feel the in gear acceleration in TSI matches TDI almost very closely and I don't mostly miss my TDI in long drives. The only time I would miss the grunt of a TDI and it's 250NM is when the highway is completely free and you have floored the pedal. I think the TDI would be few notches ahead here. I am planning to bridge this gap with a remap sometime next year.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 01:21   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, i did already order the Sharkfin Antenna from our very own ebay.in

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Kozdiko-Black...UAAOSwgQ9Vyl4y

Usually we get all parts on ebay itself(They order in bulk from aliexpress itself), they usually put a small premium, which i guess is OK, specially seeing there is no headache of customs and delayed shipping.
Old 13th December 2015, 17:48   #85
BHPian

Hello Ventoman. Congrats for your Vento TSi. Trust me, even though the 1.6L TDi with a 5 speed MT gives mind boggling performance, the TSi is much more special giving a wide grin on my face. I have a Vento TDi and have clocked 57000 happy kms and have upgraded the tyres to Michelin P3ST at 53000 kms. After changing the tyres to P3ST from the stock Apollo, road noise is Nil. Infact after changing the tyres, the Diesel engine sounds much more louder due to no tyre noise. Anyways congratulations and wishing you loads of happy miles in your Vento TSI .
Old 19th January 2016, 14:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
They illuminate and switch off along with door lights
Does Vento come with door/puddle lights?
Old 20th January 2016, 10:02   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Does Vento come with door/puddle lights?
No it doesn't. What I meant was they illuminate and switch off along with the interior lights on door opening/closing.
Old 20th January 2016, 19:10   #88
BHPian

[*]Mud flaps from dealer[*]Floor mats from dealer.[/list]Next set of accessories - Short term (hunting for a garage in Bangalore to fix these as well)
  • Have procured the auto dimming gentex interior mirror from my UK trip
  • By mistake bought LED door sill plates online and keen to fix it.
  • Have procured a In-Car Dash cam from my UK trip
  • Dead Pedal (not sure where to start the hunt)
  • Engine Sump guard (not sure where to start the hunt)
  • Planning to do Vinyl flooring
  • 3D Mats (although not sure if deal pedal setting can be accommodated with current market offerings)
Next set of accessories - Long term[list]

Congratulations!
You may want to try 3M Nomad Floor Mats - they are functionally much better than 3D mats while aesthetically they are not. The all new Vento comes with a dead pedal I guess, you can pick up that from spares and install; I enquired about it with VW to be told that it is available but will void warranty.
I am sure you would be using Nitrogen to inflate tyres - it is certainly worth it. My Vento TSi has noisy Apollo Acceleres - muted significantly by N use.
And wait till you take your car on an expressway or twisty ghat roads - you will realize what a gem it is. I drove to Goa and back from Mumbai, onwards via Kolhapur-Belgaum-Chorla Ghat and return via old highway/Chiplun to really experience its worth.
dnahelix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 16:53   #89
BHPian

1st service done!

Time for a quick update.

Completion of first 10k

My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!-img_0253.jpg

1st Service

My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!-1stservice.jpg

It's been a hassle free ownership and DSG has become butter smooth after 1st service ECU updates. Yet to retrofit cruise control as I was away on few business trips.

Received quotes of 20k and 24k from Future Generali and Bajaj Allianz for insurance renewal (zero depreciation, Bumper to bumper policy after 45% NCB and discounts) respectively. Major difference among-st the two is that former comes with NCB protection as well and 4k cheaper.

Any experiences with Future Generali to share?
ventoman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 09:40   #90
BHPian

And the first experience with VW RSA!

Recently I had been to my hometown (Coimbatore) with family and one fine evening went over to meet our relatives about an hour away from city. We spent an hour or so there and signed off around 6pm citing few other visits that evening.
All was well until I tried to start our Vento. It refused to start and EPC light started glowing along with battery icon. Tried switching on & off few times and finally called VW RSA. They offered a quick workaround of flashing on & off 3 times and then try starting after 30 secs, which didn't work either. Finally they wanted to tow the vehicle to nearest service center, which was about an hour away. I reluctantly agreed and asked them to bring a flat bed truck since mine was a DSG. Promptly within 45 minutes a flat bed truck arrived and departed with my Vento. I reached home later on a taxi and called them up next morning.

few pics of the drama -

My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!-img_04712.jpg

My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!-img_04753.jpg

My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!-img_04742.jpg

VW Ramani motors were attending to my car and said there was an electrical wiring issue according to scans. The very next morning, they called to confirm the resolution of issue. I had been parking the car in my neighbor's place temporarily during this stay and a rodent from their garden had partially pulled off self starter wiring. This wiring completely snapped off when I drove down to my relatives' place that evening and hence refused to start.
Finally all is well and took delivery of car after paying Rs.400/- for the wiring and detailed scans.

Overall - a very good and re-assuring experience with VW RSA.
ventoman is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks