Senior - BHPian

Re: Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

A Christmas present!

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img20171216wa0016.jpeg
deetjohn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 22:21   #287
Senior - BHPian

Good that you went for a remap. I like Code6 and the remap they've done to my 1st gen Figo.

How did things improve post-remap?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 23:37   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Got the car back the next day and Marvel did a good job.
Where exactly is Marvel Motors.
Old 26th December 2017, 09:17   #289
BHPian

Quote:
A Christmas present!

Attachment 1709464
That's great buddy. I got mine remapped by T-O-T and results have been just awesome!
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 19:45   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Where exactly is Marvel Motors.
There you go! Marvel Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How did things improve?
Sorry for the delayed reply. Was meeting a few friends after long and was out of town after Christmas. But the good news is that I have done more than a 1000 KM since the last update. And yeah, the Fiesta crossed 50k on the odometer too. Yay! Since there was a lot of driving scheduled for the past few days, I also did an early service. And got an interior detailing done from 3M, the first one since we got the car.

Coming back to the engine response, there is definitely an improvement in drivability and the rpm climbs much faster now. The corners which I used to take in 3rd can now be done in 4th. Or just shift down to 3rd and carry much more speed than before. LOL I had to relearn the sweet spot of each gear due to this change. I can also feel the turbo a bit more once the rpm hits 2k. And it is certainly no placebo. A friend who was back in the rear seat of the Fiesta after more than an year asked me whether I have done something to the turbo boost.

4th and 5th are really long on the Fiesta and I can use them much more frequently now on the same bit of roads. And the NVH feels the same as before. The smoke under hard acceleration also looks to be lesser. So far, so good. Touch wood. LOL

What is not good are the brakes. When braking from a good speed, I can sense a slight back and forth movement from the car which wasn't there before. It used to be so linear. And this to and fro movement is very evident when I am on very smooth tarmac. I think the brake pads are bad.

The replacement brake pads currently on the Fiesta are from Motorcraft and they are not a patch on the stock Fomoco brake pads. The ABS on the Fiesta is really aggressive. I can feel it working every single time the wheel loses traction under braking like say when the road surface isn't smooth or when its slippery. And I think these Motorcraft pads aren't able to cope with that. I will check with Rakesh on the availability of Fomoco brake pads and will definitely go for an early replacement if its available. Hope the rotors don't get ruined before that.

Now, time for a few pics!

New tint all around!
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_081344770_hdr.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_081350498_hdr.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_081433513.jpg

No, I am just kidding! I was at a friend's estate at Peermade and the climate was gorgeous there.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_081451816_hdr.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_084704742_hdr.jpg

The once brilliant KK road, not potholes but the surface isn't as smooth as before and got a lot of patches.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_145812173.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_145816238.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_145930620.jpg

Have a great 2018!!
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20171230_081828212_hdr.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 20:42   #291
Senior - BHPian

Wow your car looks stunning. Shine on a white car is speaks volumes about how well the car is kept. You car looks as if it just got out of the showroom.
How often do you get it detailed ?
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 21:13   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tyre rubs against body due to the offset of the aftermarket alloy wheel.
Have you tried increasing ground clearance using Rogerab?

Just came across this thread six months after picking up a 2014 all new fiesta some six months back. I’ve been putting in accessories like an aliexpress bought android stereo and reverse camera, and fitted yoko earth one tyres but haven’t upsized tyres or alloys, or done engine remaps yet. Posts starting here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4314406
Old 2nd January 2018, 23:47   #293
BHPian

Quote:

The replacement brake pads currently on the Fiesta are from Motorcraft and they are not a patch on the stock Fomoco brake pads. The ABS on the Fiesta is really aggressive. I can feel it working every single time the wheel loses traction under braking like say when the road surface isn't smooth or when its slippery. And I think these Motorcraft pads aren't able to cope with that. I will check with Rakesh on the availability of Fomoco brake pads and will definitely go for an early replacement if its available. Hope the rotors don't get ruined before that.
According to Ford there is suppose to be no difference in quality of Ford Motor Parts & Motorcraft. Though in many parts of the world there is a significant price difference between Ford Motor Parts & Motorcraft. Ford has decided to extend the pricing policy to India. Interestingly, Ford India has stated that Motorcraft Parts are only for cars post their warranty.

I am currently using Brembo pads on my 1.6 Duratec & find them to be sharp and quite stable.
PratikPatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 08:53   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Wow your car looks stunning. Shine on a white car is speaks volumes about how well the car is kept. You car looks as if it just got out of the showroom.
How often do you get it detailed ?
Thank You! The shine might be due to the premium wash that was done on the car a few days back at DBS, they use some good products there. I got it done as the Fiesta had one more wedding duty to perform after Christmas. The only paint sealant treatment was done right after delivery.

There are swirls up close. The effort (time and money wise) is always to keep the mechanical bits and the interior at a 100%. I am happy with the exterior as long as there are no scratches or dents. And washing is done only once a month which certainly helps the swirls. The white colour really helps to mask the dust in between washes. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Have you tried increasing ground clearance using Rogerab?
I am still running stock wheels. So, its perfect. The right blend of comfort, firmness and ground clearance for all my escapades. And no, it doesn't touch anywhere.

I did flirt with idea of Rogerab for a short while. That was because the Fiesta sags a bit with load at the rear and looks ungainly while I stop to take a picture en-route somewhere. But the stock setup is just fine for everything else. I am yet to come across another car in our market in its stock form where the wheel well has that perfect gap like the Fiesta. Greatly helps the stance of the car. And also one reason why it doesn't roll much even though the suspension isn't very firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Just came across this thread six months after picking up a 2014 all new fiesta some six months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Interestingly, Ford India has stated that Motorcraft Parts are only for cars post their warranty.
That is news to me. I thought only certain replacement parts are from Motorcraft. For example the replacement clutch plate is Fomoco. I am willing to pay a bit more for Fomoco parts if it is available. Let me check with my SM at Kairali Ford.
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:10   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am still running stock wheels. So, its perfect. The right blend of comfort, firmness and ground clearance for all my escapades. And no, it doesn't touch anywhere.

I did flirt with idea of Rogerab for a short while.
This was for another person who said he had upsized his tyres. I personally am on the stock tyre size but Yoko Earth 1 instead of the Goodyears that got a hard compound within three years and just over 20k km
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:58   #296
BHPian

Quote:

That is news to me. I thought only certain replacement parts are from Motorcraft. For example the replacement clutch plate is Fomoco. I am willing to pay a bit more for Fomoco parts if it is available. Let me check with my SM at Kairali Ford.
Check point no.2 in the rider footnote. https://www.india.ford.com/owner/ford-motorcraft-parts/
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 15:00   #297
BHPian

Speaking of the brakes, my Fiesta has this juddering / minor vibrations issue braking from over 100km/h. The service centre says that everything is fine even after reporting it to them multiple times
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:22   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Speaking of the brakes, my Fiesta has this juddering / minor vibrations issue braking from over 100km/h. The service centre says that everything is fine even after reporting it to them multiple times
Are the brakes running hot? E.g. how do you brake, decelerate and downshift first?

Are the brake pads in acceptable condition, the discs ok and free of rust / dirt?
Old 3rd January 2018, 21:57   #299

Quote:
There you go!
===
I will check with Rakesh on the availability of Fomoco brake pads and will definitely go for an early replacement if its available. Hope the rotors don't get ruined before that.
I am facing the same issue on my Fiesta. After consultation with the FASS the culprit came out to be slightly warped brake disc. I plan to get it changed during my 60k service. The cost is expected to be between 8k-10k for disc and pads.

Your Fiesta looks amazing.
HVSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 11:02   #300
Senior - BHPian

My car has the pulsation issue as well

More to do with the quality of the brake pads/discs that are available here. The discs oxidize quite quickly in damp weather. The rust/dust accumulates between the pad/disc leaving lot of scoring on the discs.

Waiting for a set of Brembo OEM for the Fiesta to arrive mid-january. Hoping that would solve the issue forever.
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks