Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2016, 08:41   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I also bought a cleaning foam from the US. The reviews are insane for this product and it cost me only INR500 for 2 bottles. With the charcoal grey interiors, I need all the help I can get.
Attachment 1550667
This thing is really really good.

My daughter spilled orange juice on the rear seat while we were on the Vagamon drive. Though my wife wiped it off quickly using tissue paper, there was a faint mark once it was dry. The stock fabric doesn't absorb liquid that fast and gives you time to wipe it off if you do not delay it, but it still wasn't enough here.

Last week at home, I sprayed Tuff Stuff on the seat, gave it a minute to cure and wiped it clean using a damp microfibre cloth. And there are no marks now.

The Meguiars carpet and upholstery cleaner that I was using earlier wasn't this good and would have required multiple passes. No wonder Tuff Stuff got a 5 star rating on Amazon.com.

Also, found Hella trumpet horn bespoke for Ford from the site. HELLA 011225921 Black 12V BX Trumpet Horn Kit (Ford). I really cannot stand the stock horn on the Fiesta and was struggling with a replacement due to the connector which is not universal as I didn't want to splice the wires. Hope this can work.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 11:14   #182
Senior - BHPian

Had to brave some rough roads yesterday to reach a friend' place. The road had lot of loose stones and had to climb a few slabs while giving way to other vehicles.

The Michelins did well. Took all the nasty ones and kept us insulated from the rough, but it is not without battle marks.

I am certainly taking the P3ST for granted given the increased build quality and robustness the Michelin rubbers are showing. Hope I don't cross that fine line.

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161106_105609135.jpg
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161106_105725.jpg
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161106_105841.jpg

Got the alignment done 2 weeks back as the car was pulling ever so slightly to the right. Also got the tyres rotated. And that's why that front tyre is looking so dirty in those pics. The rear ones get covered in muck even during a light rain.

Now the Fiesta is so purposeful over a straight that i am wondering whether the toe is set very aggressively. LOL But the readings looked okay. And I get it done by Anish at DBS always and he knows the Ford so well.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 07:47   #183
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the PPF on the door edges at the 3M store here a few days back.

There is a strong character line on the Fiesta which runs through the doors. And that creates a very sharp edge which always takes the impact if the door hits a wall while opening. And the hits are strong as the doors offer a bit of resistance to open unlike most cars and passengers put in an effort to fling it open. I have seen the paint missing on that specific section on some of the cars and put in a double layer of PPF soon after getting the car.

And existing PPF films were showing battle marks and I was a bit wary about the paint beneath getting exposed and chipped. Came to know about the new PPF film from 3M and decided to give it a try. Removed the existing films and thankfully the paint was intact. It cost me INR 2200 for all door edges and I also covered the rear wheel arch.

Apparently, this new one doesn't go all yellowish under the elements. Will wait and watch.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161115_090228212.jpg

You can spot the difference to the state of earlier film, the ones under the door handle is the old one and wasn't changed.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161115_090214587.jpg

The new one is almost invisible. Also covered the portion around the fuel cap.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161115_085739462.jpg

Went with a double layer for the edges again.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161115_085734866_hdr.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 08:06   #184
Senior - BHPian

I drove a remapped EcoSport TDCi of a friend a few days back. It is claimed to develop 135 PS and the tune is by Code-6. Earlier the ECU had to be opened to remap the TDCi but now they can do it by just plugging in the necessary hardware. And if I am not mistaken, it cost him around 26k.

I drove the car on the highway at night. So, got a chance to open it up and the EcoSport reaches scary speeds in no time. But, didn't push it much as you are never confident jumping from a Fiesta to an EcoSport. LOL The tachometer climbs to 3k in no time and the engine is much more usable post 3k too. In the Fiesta, by comparison I always shift around 3k when I am in the lookout for speed even though the red line is at 5k. The 1.5 TDCi doesn't quite like high revvs like a MJD due to its inherent breathing problems. And you are always better off keeping the rpm between 2k to 3k and using the gears well to keep the momentum.

Coming back to the drive, the acceleration however is not very linear, so definitely not my kind of tune. I prefer the stock 100 PS tune of the TDCi on the current EcoSport compared to this remap. The stock is much more driveable and smoother. To give context, I prefer the linearity of the 1.6 CRDi from the Creta compared to the 1.6 MJD in the S-Cross. I like to have power when I ask for it. The momentary hesitation from an engine and then delivering more than you asked for spoils it for me. Especially when you have a precise chassis and the steering to go with it. You will mostly ask for it mid corner where timing is essential.

So, for the time being, I will stick to the stock 90 PS tune on the Fiesta and the oil change routine of 5k KM. Before getting the car, I was somewhat keen on a remap. But now I am not so sure. Maybe I have got very used to engine in its current state. The odometer stands at around 33k KM now.

The only thing I want to change in the stock map is the slight knocking sound which is there for a few seconds when you switch on the AC for the first time at idle after starting the car. I am told it was done to increase the fuel efficiency of the TDCi. The engine could definitely run a bit more rich for that added load in the interest of NVH and long term reliability I feel.

Coming back to our Fiesta, I found the air deflector in front of the left rear wheel to be missing. Spotted this in office after parking. Not sure where I lost it. A few months back I had to drop the rear wheel through a broken slab to give way to another vehicle in a narrow lane here. I heard a sound when I crossed the slab and had checked the car after I reaching the destination, but hadn't noticed anything amiss back then. Maybe the deflector got loose and I lost it afterwards. Anyways, I need to check with Ford on the replacement. Pretty sure I am not going to find it in stock.
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 20:02   #185
Senior - BHPian

Is this not a custom remap? If you want a linear power delivery it could be done as well, right? I am not entirely sure of the custom options available for the 1.5TDCi from the tuners here.

The engine map for the EcoSport (100bhp) vs the New Figo vs the EcoSport (100bhp) in other countries are entirely different. The non-Indian EcoSport have a very linear power delivery from what I know.

May be dont simply turn down the option of custom remap on the TDCi, one thing to keep in mind is the long term reliability and get a conservative but a bit more fun stuff. You know what I mean

Quote:
I drove a remapped EcoSport TDCi ...
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 22:01   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Also, found Hella trumpet horn bespoke for Ford from the site. HELLA 011225921 Black 12V BX Trumpet Horn Kit (Ford). I really cannot stand the stock horn on the Fiesta and was struggling with a replacement due to the connector which is not universal as I didn't want to splice the wires. Hope this can work.
How about the new endeavour horn. It sounds very sweet. I asked if I could get hold of one replacement part from service centre. Spare parts giy told me promptly that it is of higher capacity and would not fit Fiesta. I am not sure. Need to check voltage and connecting plugs.
Old 21st November 2016, 23:23   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Is this not a custom remap? If you want a linear power delivery it could be done as well, right? I am not entirely sure of the custom options available for the 1.5TDCi from the tuners here.
Customisation on the remap is not available here at the moment for Code 6. Will have to take the car to Bangalore or make those guys travel here.

And did you mean to say the map on the Figo, Aspire and EcoSport are different? I guess there is a typo in that post.

I quite like the stock map on EcoSport now. 205 Nm right from 1750 rpm to 3250 with the NVH of a factory tune is really sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkoneti View Post
How about the new endeavour horn. It sounds very sweet. I asked if I could get hold of one replacement part from service centre. Spare parts giy told me promptly that it is of higher capacity and would not fit Fiesta. I am not sure. Need to check voltage and connecting plugs.
Well, I already tried that route. And if you are sitting down, I will let you know what Ford told me. It costs a whopping 16000 rupees. Yes, you read that right.

It's ridiculous to say the least. Yes, it sounds great. But not worth that sum of money by any count. And the Hella from Amazon is only 20 USD in comparison. It's a no brainier!
Old 22nd November 2016, 06:38   #188
BHPian

Hmm. Looks suspicious. I got a quote of INR 2500 plus taxes. Am going for one year service this week. Let me get the price once again.
Old 22nd November 2016, 08:34   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkoneti View Post
Hmm. Looks suspicious. I got a quote of INR 2500 plus taxes. Am going for one year service this week. Let me get the price once again.
I so hope I am wrong here. But I don't think Ford is pulling a trick here. Either the guy at the spare-parts counter got it completely wrong or it is that much. I got so shocked hearing the price that I didn't follow up or double checked it. Left it then and there. Hopefully it is not as much and you are right. INR 2500 is totally fine for an OE equipment from that segment. Let us know!
Old 22nd November 2016, 12:02   #190
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, I don't know what you mean by a typo in my post. If its sarcasm, I am totally missing it

The engine map on the Figo twins and the EcoSport is indeed different. The torque curves are different and the engine map has little less than its perceived to do with the NVH difference between the two Fords.

Quote:
And did you mean to say the map on the Figo, Aspire and EcoSport are different? I guess there is a typo in that post.
Old 23rd November 2016, 00:09   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I drove a remapped EcoSport TDCi of a friend a few days back. It is claimed to develop 135 PS and the tune is by Code-6..
That's quite an aggressive tune. If you take Fiesta's stock numbers, that's a 50% hike. I personally don't like such high output irrespective of the reliability claims. I like it around 30%.

Quote:
Customisation on the remap is not available here at the moment for Code 6. Will have to take the car to Bangalore or make those guys travel here...
In that case, you could look at the ToT guys too. I somehow have a lot more trust on these guys than anyone else in the remap space - they somehow prioritize the reliability aspect more than outright figures (bhp, top speed etc) is what I have noticed.

Edit:
Quote:
....Coming back to the drive, the acceleration however is not very linear, so definitely not my kind of tune. I prefer the stock 100 PS tune of the TDCi on the current EcoSport compared to this remap. The stock is much more driveable and smoother... Maybe I have got very used to engine in its current state. The odometer stands at around 33k KM now.
You look like a "steady" driver than outright acceleration guy! That's why you may not want a remap. Having had a Swift, I can very much relate to you. If you know how to "build" speed, stock numbers are usually good.

Even for the Swift, the car can go to speeds where the dynamics feels maxed out and hence I never thought a remap is gonna do good. Not sure what's Fiesta's limit though or does it feel the other way round (dynamics is good but power is maxed out). You need a remap only if this condition stands.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd November 2016 at 00:16. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 00:49   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Even for the Swift, the car can go to speeds where the dynamics feels maxed out and hence I never thought a remap is gonna do good. Not sure what's Fiesta's limit though or does it feel the other way round (dynamics is good but power is maxed out). You need a remap only if this condition stands.
The dynamics are good for upto 150 hp. After all it is the same chassis that is used in ST version of the car. While the brakes of this Fiesta are better than the first generation, they will require a upgrade if there is a substantial increase in power.
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 08:56   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I drove a remapped EcoSport TDCi of a friend a few days back. It is claimed to develop 135 PS and the tune is by Code-6.
Did they prove it on dyno? It's almost 50 percent gain ( 90 to 135, if it's old EcoSport) and looks suspicious with only remap. I have seen Code 6 claiming very high numbers which is practically not possible. Even if they do that, fueling should be increased by big margin which would result in plenty of bad smoke and ultimately bad for engine.

Quote:
Coming back to the drive, the acceleration however is not very linear, so definitely not my kind of tune. I prefer the stock 100 PS tune of the TDCi on the current EcoSport compared to this remap.
You need to try Tune O Tronics buddy. I had a conversation with Sid regarding power delivery. He believes in linear power delivery and even said those cars would be actually faster than cars with sudden turbo kick. TOT would be little expensive than others. But they are more experienced and known for reliable tunes. Not to forget, their cars did win most of the events .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 23rd November 2016 at 09:18.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 12:33   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, I don't know what you mean by a typo in my post. If its sarcasm, I am totally missing it
No sarcasm! Just a typo - EcoSport is repeated in your post which left me confused. Quoted below!

Quote:
The engine map for the EcoSport (100bhp) vs the New Figo vs the EcoSport (100bhp) in other countries are entirely different.
Quote:
Couldn't quote and highlight the last time as I had replied from my mobile.

Quote:
That's quite an aggressive tune. If you take Fiesta's stock numbers, that's a 50% hike. I personally don't like such high output irrespective of the reliability claims. I like it around 30%.
Yes, that's there. I would also appreciate a very subtle map which perfects the existing power and torque curves rather than lift the whole thing upwards to hit high peak numbers.

To state a fact, Ford had FE as one of the main selling points for the face-lifted Fiesta. They just had no clue how to sell this car! Anyways, that means there will surely be improvements to be found in stock map, but not at the cost of NVH or long term reliability for me.

Quote:
In that case, you could look at the ToT guys too. I somehow have a lot more trust on these guys than anyone else in the remap space - they somehow prioritize the reliability aspect more than outright figures (bhp, top speed etc) is what I have noticed.
Yes, we got a few threads here with their work. Let's see!

Quote:
You look like a "steady" driver than outright acceleration guy! That's why you may not want a remap. Having had a Swift, I can very much relate to you. If you know how to "build" speed, stock numbers are usually good.

Let's put it like this. If I am heading to say Munnar early in the morning from here when the traffic is lean, the car has all the power that I need. The brilliant chassis can maintain wicked speeds on twisty roads and its very rewarding. Also, not many cars will come close.

But outright acceleration is average and if you need to overtake a fast car which keeps slowing you down each corner, its a bit of work. So, extra power is very welcome in those scenarios. Or you will need a good driver ahead of you. Someone who will let you go when they know they are holding you back and try to keep up with the Fiesta on winding roads. And both of you will be smiling.

That's one reason why I always prefer to start early in the morning for our drive trips and return on Sunday afternoon when most of Kerala is inside their homes. Empty roads, hot engine, 90 PS is all you need for having fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
The dynamics are good for upto 150 hp. After all it is the same chassis that is used in ST version of the car. While the brakes of this Fiesta are better than the first generation, they will require a upgrade if there is a substantial increase in power.
Yes, the base is quite strong and capable. Would need only small tweaks starting with brakes of course. Even though the brakes of the current generation is substantially better than the older one, there is still room for improvement. I prefer it like the anchors on the Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did they prove it on dyno? It's almost 50 percent gain ( 90 to 135, if it's old EcoSport) and looks suspicious with only remap.
Like I mentioned earlier, I haven't spoken to Code 6 yet. So, let's give them the benefit of doubt here. That said, I am not comfortable squeezing every bit of performance from an engine. Just subtle tweaks if it comes to a remap that is.

Quote:
You need to try Tune O Tronics buddy.
Let's see. The remap bug hasn't bit me yet. Happy with the stock except for that slight knocking that I mentioned in a post above.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 23:53   #195
BHPian

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Did they prove it on dyno? It's almost 50 percent gain ( 90 to 135, if it's old EcoSport) and looks suspicious with only remap. I have seen Code 6 claiming very high numbers which is practically not possible. Even if they do that, fueling should be increased by big margin which would result in plenty of bad smoke and ultimately bad for engine.

You need to try Tune O Tronics buddy. I had a conversation with Sid regarding power delivery. He believes in linear power delivery and even said those cars would be actually faster than cars with sudden turbo kick. TOT would be little expensive than others. But they are more experienced and known for reliable tunes. Not to forget, their cars did win most of the events .

My car is remapped by code6 and it's an absolute pleasure to drive the same ! No bad smoke if you drive it the way it should be driven .
Yes they have dyno figures to prove that to necessary customers .

Last edited by ranjithrnair : 24th November 2016 at 23:55.
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks