Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2016, 11:58   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
My car is remapped by code6 and it's an absolute pleasure to drive the same ! No bad smoke if you drive it the way it should be driven .
Yes they have dyno figures to prove that to necessary customers .
What's the power gain of your EcoSport post remap? I was just saying that 135 BHP post remap from stock 90 HP looks suspicious and could be done with very aggressive fueling. I do not want to comment about EGT and other associated risks, if done that way. Most of the good tuning firms claim 115-120 BHP for 90 HP EcoSport, which looks realistic.

This particular tuner in question has claimed 130 HP for 75 HP Ritz few years back .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 25th November 2016 at 12:05.
Old 25th November 2016, 17:43   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What's the power gain of your EcoSport post remap? I was just saying that 135 BHP post remap from stock 90 HP looks suspicious and could be done with very aggressive fueling. I do not want to comment about EGT and other associated risks, if done that way. Most of the good tuning firms claim 115-120 BHP for 90 HP EcoSport, which looks realistic.

This particular tuner in question has claimed 130 HP for 75 HP Ritz few years back .

Well I am not that keen on how much increase is there on the numbers .
As I mentioned they have the dyno figures to prove what they offer for their customers which has been shared to several customers who did the remap with them. I have ran more than 25K post remap and I am happy with the same just like others whom they referred earlier from which I took the feedback before remap.
Old 26th November 2016, 00:08   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Well I am not that keen on how much increase is there on the numbers .
As I mentioned they have the dyno figures to prove what they offer for their customers which has been shared to several customers who did the remap with them. I have ran more than 25K post remap and I am happy with the same just like others whom they referred earlier from which I took the feedback before remap.
Just out of curiosity; do they do a dyno run of the car before and after they load the map? Or are they just showing sample charts of dyno runs done on same car models?
Old 26th November 2016, 00:44   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As I mentioned they have the dyno figures to prove what they offer for their customers which has been shared to several customers who did the remap with them.
Interesting!!

So they would provide dyno figures if the customer asks for it? I was not shown any dyno graphs when I went to them for Grand I10 remap. I doubt if they test the remap for each car on dyno and then release it to public like how big tuning firms do.
Old 26th November 2016, 01:38   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What's the power gain of your EcoSport post remap?...
Quote:
Well I am not that keen on how much increase is there on the numbers...
Naren's question is straightforward. Do you mean to say that you don't even know the numbers of your re-map?? Could you let us know why did you opt for the re-map? I mean, what's was your objective since you say you don't bother about the numbers?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th November 2016 at 01:40.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 01:52   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Naren's question is straightforward. Do you mean to say that you don't even know the numbers of your re-map?? Could you let us know why did you opt for the re-map? I mean, what's was your objective since you say you don't bother about the numbers?
My answer was also straightforward. Objective was to get better drivability rather than numbers .

Last edited by Samurai : 26th November 2016 at 09:09. Reason: fixing quote
Old 1st December 2016, 09:11   #202
Senior - BHPian

The high power 1.5L TDCi on the 2017 Fiesta makes 118bhp. I wonder what all hardware changes have been made to that engine.

And this fella is coming all the way from US. I was on a global hunt over the internet for the same.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-hellatrumpetsford.jpg

Have bought some more Christmas goodies for the Ford. Will update here once I have them on hand.

And the left most parking sensor on the car is not working. The sensitivity is very very low and works only when an object is too close to the car. And that too is very intermittent. The 4 sensors on the Fiesta works independently off each other and the other three are fine. Either that sensor has gone kaput or its a connection issue.

The first time this happened, I almost bumped the left rear into a wall. Thankfully, I was glanced over the left ORVM and could stop in time. These toys do make us a bit lazy over time. So, I now have one more thing to take care of for next service.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 09:25   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And this fella is coming all the way from US. I was on a global hunt over the internet for the same.
Attachment 1581116
How is that horn different from the Hella Black pearl sold in India? Is this Ford specific i.e. the connector is Ford type?

I got one last week for the Corolla and that was universal connector.

I thought of ordering one more for the Ecosport but the connector was different.
Old 1st December 2016, 10:21   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How is that horn different from the Hella Black pearl sold in India? Is this Ford specific i.e. the connector is Ford type?
Yes, its bespoke for Ford. That yellow sticker has Ford written on it for easy identification.

And check the connector below. It looks the same as the stock horn on the Fiesta. Hope it fits. It was very reasonable at USD 20. So took a chance.

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-81sgosgll._sl1500_.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 10:49   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My answer was also straightforward. Objective was to get better drivability rather than numbers .
And that's the right reason why someone should do a remap. What matters really is the shape of the torque curve, not the peak numbers. You might want to try and get that info and then compare it with the stock state of tune.
amalji is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 17:37   #206
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta crossed 35k. Some updates.

1) Took the car to Kairali Ford quick lane service at Kakkanad last week. I know the service advisor Jithin there from a few interactions before. Rang him in the morning for appointment and I was asked to bring the car at 2 PM for service. Just did oil + filter change and cleaned the air filter. The brake pads were also checked along with the suspension at front and rear and nothing unusual was found. The Fiesta is still running the stock brake pads.

2) I can feel a slight knock coming from the left rear when the car goes through some axle breakers. I think it's the shock absorber but so far the mechanics haven't found anything odd. Rakesh from Kairali cheranelloor says it is the rear seat latch which could be making this noise. I will get this re-examined at 40k. Ford is willing for a warranty replacement if the shock is blown.

3) The oil change and general checkup cost me a little over INR 2k and about 1.5 hours. Both stats are better from the days with the Swift. I used to stick to mineral oil and get it changed every 5k at MASS and it used to be about INR 2.3k about 2 years back. The SA noted the TDCi is not showing its age for 35k and feeling very crisp and smooth. Guess I am going to stick to this routine of 5k interval for oils changes. Fresh oil in a hot engine is an absolutely delightful combination.

4) As updated earlier, the Hella OEM trumpets for Ford came from the US and got them fixed at the quick lane around Christmas time. The connectors are bespoke Ford and it was just plug and play. The service centre charged me INR 300 for the swap. The stock horns are now resting in the store room at home.

I was not sure about the decibel rating of the horn as it came from the US, a country where you can afford to not use it at all. Was fearing it to be somewhat gentle, but its anything but meek. It sounds very German and i am wondering if it's a little too harsh. The low tone is sounding very powerful and BHPian Naveen Raju was wondering whether it's used in the F-150 there. LOL

5) I also got a OBD2 Bluetooth scanner from US and it felt good to see no error codes using the Torque app. Not sure whether it's conclusive though. The adapter is very compact and the lid can be closed once the scanner is plugged in place. I don't plan to keep it plugged always to help the battery. Ford' default state for battery is always on and don't want to take a risk there.

6) The other things I got were a diffuser along with some essential oils, 2 charcoal based antioxidants from COCO, a boot organiser from RoadPal, and Ravpower USB twin charger along with a heavy duty cable. The boot organiser is quite good and I think I should have gotten it earlier. Pictures below.

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161206_153445206.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161207_223156027.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161207_223258966.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img20161208wa0001.jpeg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20161207_222637627.jpg

Will post more details of each with better pics later.
Old 20th January 2017, 10:39   #207
Senior - BHPian

I got rear ended by a stupid biker early this week. It was a very low speed impact in a narrow lane. I stopped the Fiesta for a scooter to pass as there was an auto parked on the right side of the road and the scooter came towards the left. A split second later, I heard a bang. I saw an idiot without helmet in my mirror and I got out of the car.

What happened next was bewildering! The 'freakan' on his four stroke bike with a crude free flow exhaust was trying to flee. And he almost banged into a scooter while he crossed me in front of the open door. Somehow he saved the bike from a fall and it disappeared into a distance.

I was really annoyed at that moment but when I recall the incident now, his facial expression while passing me brings out a laugh. Even now, I cannot figure out why he fled like that. Maybe he was underage and out on a joy ride. Anyways, the idiot left a small scratch on the bumper on the left side. Thankfully there are no dents and reflector is also fine. Will see whether I can get it touched during the next service.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img20170120wa0004.jpg

Moving on, I got the windows tinted at 3M. Like last year, my wife gifted me a 3M coupon for my birthday. It was a total surprise, else I would have not opted for the 3M store here for the job. They had done a very lousy job during installation when I got CR70 for the rear windshield.

I opted for CR90 for the windows as CR70 would have made the cabin really dark and attracted the cops as I use sun blinds at the rear for my daughter. CR70 for the 4 windows were quoted 10,600 and CR90 was 7600. And those cheapskates didn't even cover the front quarter glass even though the store manager had agreed to. I didn't wait during the installation and spotted it after coming home. Anyways, I decided to let it slide.

Kochi with its huge customer base can really afford to have at least one more 3M store. Hope it happens soon. The one we have now is crowded and the service is slipping!

The CR90 then.
I sit low in the car and sun is very harsh through the front windows on the Fiesta which is wide and at an angle letting a lot of light in. With the strong sun we have nowadays, I really used to feel the burn on my skin. And my right arm is really a shade or two darker than my left arm as a result. So, I was longing to install sun film to protect from UV and was itching to try some brands like Huper Optik, Llumar or Garware when the 3M coupon crashed into my plans.

The infrared rejection and UV rejection is quite impressive for what is an almost transparent film.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-capture.jpg

That's how the Fiesta looks with CR70 on the rear windshield and just sun blinds on the windows. CR70 on the windows would have made it really dark.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20170116_113047352.jpg

The Fiesta going inside the store for installation.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20170116_113136696.jpg

This is how the stock windows look. The shape and size of the window makes it very airy but its not comfortable under the hot sun. These are times when I miss the claustrophobia associated with the Swift.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20170116_113259129.jpg

With CR90 on. Its almost impossible to make out the presence of any tint.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20170117_101018799.jpg

3M store did a much better job here unlike the rear windshield. There are a few bubbles but I think those will dry up and go away soon. I haven't used the windows for last 3 days or so.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20170117_101032975.jpg

So, what's the verdict?
1) Aesthetics wise, there is no advantage. A light tint makes the car attractive, I know because I love the shade of CR70 at the rear. With CR90, there is no difference. It looks just like stock.
2) It helps under the sun for sure though. I can feel the difference. The light is almost the same, but the sting of the sun rays have come down. Its sort of like moving from under a 2 PM sunlight to a 9 AM one. This is no shade but the intensity has come down.
3) I think its priced a little too high though. At almost 2k for each window, it sure is expensive.

Last edited by deetjohn : 20th January 2017 at 10:46. Reason: Adding pic.
Old 20th January 2017, 11:45   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I got the windows tinted at 3M. They had done a very lousy job during installation when I got CR70 for the rear windshield. I opted for CR90 for the windows as CR70 would have made the cabin really dark and attracted the cops as I use sun blinds at the rear for my daughter. CR70 for the 4 windows were quoted 10,600 and CR90 was 7600.
Nice updates, and sorry to hear about the love-tap from the biker.

Have you fitted any sunfilm on your windshield in the front? If you've not done so, any reason for avoiding it?

I'm running my EcoSport with CR70 all around (front, rear, windows, and the guys at my 3M covered off the quarter glasses too, thankfully!), and I found a perceptible difference in the sun after installation, and no difficulty driving in the day or night. If I had a choice, I'd have put CR90 on the windshield, but it wasn't in stock at that time.

I'm also surprised to see that CR90 is cheaper than CR70 - I'd have thought that making a more transparent film that still cuts out UV/IR to such an extent would have cost more than the relatively darker CR70. Hmm, maybe this cost difference is why my 3M claimed not to have stock of CR90? I wonder...
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 22:52   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Have you fitted any sunfilm on your windshield in the front? If you've not done so, any reason for avoiding it?
Not yet. My biggest issue was the tall rear windshield. So, got that done first.

I don't have an issue with sunlight through the front windshield. The windshield is at a very acute angle on the Fiesta but the driver and front passenger sit so far back in the car that direct sunlight is not a big problem. At least nothing that the sun-blinds and my polarized shades cannot handle.

Quote:
I'm also surprised to see that CR90 is cheaper than CR70 - I'd have thought that making a more transparent film that still cuts out UV/IR to such an extent would have cost more than the relatively darker CR70. Hmm, maybe this cost difference is why my 3M claimed not to have stock of CR90? I wonder...
Not sure. Maybe 3M is cashing in on the demand for CR70? Its the film that everyone wants. I would have gone for it if we didn't have that stupid rule on sun films.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 11:18   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reason for that is very simple. The TSER is much lower for the CR90.
for eg:-, if you compare CR70 vs CR40, the TSER gain is just 10% for 30% compromise in VLT. But, for CR90 vs CR70, you lose out on 16% TSER for a VLT gain of 20%. So, it doesn't seem to be great spectral rejection technology.

Even though, Infrared accounts for the maximum heat, it's not the only measure of heat rejection. TSER gives a more realistic measure of heat rejection.

For me, the best films continues to be 3m CR70 ( TSER - 50%, VLT - 70% ), V-Kool 70 ( TSER - 55%, VLT - 70% ) and V-Kool 75 ( TSER - 45.45% & VLT - 77% ). And if you plan to use it for a long time, throwing all the abuse at it, I would remove 3m from that list. V-Kool is the most durable sun films I have ever used regardless of the amount of time you park it under the sun.

PS:
I have the V-Kool 70 on my Etios side and rear, 3m CR70 on the front fitted from first month of ownership, now 5 years old.
Had V-Kool 70 on my Esteem's front windshield and V-Kool Gold Dust on the sides and rear.
On our Liva, we use Garware Icecool Shield
And the old Zen had 3m CR70 on its windshield.

Last edited by amalji : 27th January 2017 at 11:34.
amalji is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks