Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 22:55   #91
BHPian

Re: Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
There are two dealerships in Lucknow - Narain and MGS. It was really funny in MGS. They have Ecosport and Figo. The executives told me clearly on this Saturday that the production of both Classic and the new Fiesta is discontinued. They were decisive and doubtless! What a confidence, I thought.

I wondered aloud... Discontinuing Classic is something I can understand, but the new Fiesta...(?)
You should have pointed out the new revamped Ford website. Why on earth would Ford revamp the website and not remove the new Fiesta from it if it is no longer going to continue offering it.

The point is that they don't want to order one car for you as it is too much of a hassle for them. They want to sell what they have in their stock yard.
Old 5th August 2015, 20:13   #92
Senior - BHPian

I was out of country on business for the last 2 weeks. Was wondering what condition the battery would be in as the Ford was idle at home all along. Had a notion keyless entry would drain the battery.

But the request sensor worked perfectly fine and the car came to life with the first crank itself after I gave some time for the fuel pump to prime in ACC mode. Drove around a bit and took the car to 3M for a thorough wash and wipe.

It drizzled a bit when I drove and I could see some fogging inside both headlights which went away after a while. The Odo is at 9860. Will take it up with the SA during the second service.

Its so good to be back home.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:37   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishmathur14 View Post
It is indeed a stiff competition for the likes of Verna, City, Vento
Does anyone have a comparo of the Fiesta TDCI vs City i-DTEC ?
Old 6th August 2015, 23:52   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Does anyone have a comparo of the Fiesta TDCI vs City i-DTEC ?
I own a 2014 Fiesta TDCi and recently drove a new 2300 kms run City i-Dtec which i had rented from Zoomcar.
Performance wise, i found the City to be much more peppy, could be due to the thin 175 Michelin tyres but the i-Dtec has excellent driveability. There is just no turbo lag in city and the engine responds well, the biggest grouse with Honda's diesel is the unbelievably high NVH , this engine makes more sound than even Vento's 1.6 TDi unit and it became irritating after a while, the diesel drone above 2000 rpm was too much.

In comparison, Ford's TDCi is super smooth and refined, there is a wee bit more lag than Honda and it does not feel as peppy due to tall gear ratios. Honda's clutch was harder and had lots of vibrations filtering through which is not there in Fiesta, i found Honda's gearbox to be slicker compared to Ford's. The headlights of City were pathetic, Fiesta is very good in this department.

Fiesta is also built much better than City, there are no flimsy body panels like City (even the door pads were flexing in/out while rolling windows up/down) and it feels solidly built. There is just a slight squeak in my car at 15000 kms whereas the City was rattling at 3-4 places within 2000 kms (could be due to the abuse as it is a rent car)

As for the dynamics, there is absolutely no comparison here. City was reluctant to change directions quickly, had a lot of sway at 80-90 during directional changes and the steering felt like a playstation wheel, even the ride is no match to Fiesta. Fiesta drives like a tank at 100-120 stuck to ground, corners like a boss and these front bucket seats are the most comfortable in its class, this secure feeling was missing in Honda, maybe its just me as i can not make peace with these lightly built japanese cars but i did not enjoy driving it. Fiesta is so good on expressways that even my mother who does not know a thing about cars commented that 110-130 feels like crawling in this car

Where the City completely owns Fiesta is the rear seat space, resale and badge value as it is a successful product. When it comes to driving pleasure, City can not even match Vento so Fiesta is a distant dream for it.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 6th August 2015 at 23:53.
coolboy007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 12:15   #95
BHPian

Oh boy!!! Cant wait for mine to come in. Just got the news; the car has been invoiced from the Chennai plant! So the car is now ready to be shipped.

Only thing is that I know I am not going to be allowed to touch this car by my wife. She is very possessive and will only allow me to touch it when it needs servicing or maintenance.
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 11:04   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Where the City completely owns Fiesta is the rear seat space, resale and badge value as it is a successful product. When it comes to driving pleasure, City can not even match Vento so Fiesta is a distant dream for it.

Thanks for sharing it here. I am so glad people keep confirming how good the Fiesta is. I got my delivered on July 5th. It is a white Titanium.
It is too seldom for me to have somebody sit in the back bench. And even when they do, I don't care as they aren't family, hehe. Actually here in Bangalore, we are a family of just two, I and my wife.
If I am correct, the diesel top end City would cost about 2L more than the Titanium. Yes, we don't get sunroof etc but heck we don't need those. Selling the car after 6 years of fun, lets say fetches some 3L lesser than the City, I end up saving something here as the 2L I saved today would be doubled in next 6 years. Hehehe. Just kidding. I am in love with this car, be it office runs or highway cruising. And I too will rent a car next time as the roads are not that great to any tourist place around Bangalore.
Hey, do you have any plans to get your Fiesta remapped? I got the thoughts even before buying the car. It has got good drivability and feels quite alive in the turbo zone but still, the car deserves at least 115hp and 240Nm. What do you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Oh boy!!! Cant wait for mine to come in. Just got the news; the car has been invoiced from the Chennai plant! So the car is now ready to be shipped.

Only thing is that I know I am not going to be allowed to touch this car by my wife. She is very possessive and will only allow me to touch it when it needs servicing or maintenance.
Congrats. Last weekend, I went on a 700km trip from Bangalore-Ooty-Coonoor back to Bangalore. I loved every KM I drove. The steering was as heavy as it could be. It tired my arms but then that is what you buy a Fiesta for, that lovely steering is best in business.
Old 17th August 2015, 09:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

A small milestone which we crossed last week.

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150813_120345617_hdr.jpg
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150813_120352374_hdr.jpg

Got the second service also done. And it cost INR 3518.

Changed the Air filter for both engine and cabin voluntarily. Ford recommends a change every 20k, but I feel that's pushing it a bit too far in our country. Air filter is INR 310 and cabin filter is 398. Also did wheel alignment, balancing and rotation in house which added 740 to the final bill. That's a bit expensive and I would get it done from outside the next time on.

And, it was not smooth sailing all the way. My regular SA Rakesh was on holiday and the ineptitude of the staff at kairali ford cheranalloor came through. As I drove the car out of the gates after the service, a service engine warning came on with a beep. The Odo was at 9996 but Fiesta doesn't have a service reminder, so I was baffled. Took the car back into the service bay and the technician connected the scanning tool and the turbo was showing an error. Cleared that error and the warning came back again after the car was driven for like 50 meters. Took the car inside the service bay, checked the engine room and found a sensor attached to the turbo to be not fastened properly. The sensor is close to the air filter and could have been knocked off when the filter was replaced. Besides, the stay rod for the bonnet rod was left unsecured inside which I put back in place. Overall, too shabby from Ford there. I will report these in my feedback.

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150813_111238560_hdr.jpg
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150813_113350018_hdr.jpg
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150813_114630895_hdr.jpg

Connected the sensor back properly, cleared the error using scanner, took a test drive and the Fiesta back in business. The engine has gone even quieter and it revvs very freely now. Nothing like fresh oil and a clean air filter in a well run diesel engine.
deetjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 08:38   #98
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta got one of the tallest rear windshields in the segment as you can see in the picture below. And it lets in a lot of sun. So, I am looking for possible solutions.

And I would prefer sun blinds to films. Checked a few at the accessories shops here and it were all of mediocre quality. I heard Verna got a very nice looking blind in black, need explore that option. Think Linea too got one, but guess its in beige.

Looking for something which can be secured using suction caps and doesn't need drilling the trims.

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-dsc_5534.jpg

The Fiesta is doing its job very well otherwise.

A few things which I have noticed.
  1. The car is easy to wash. One of the very few options in the market where I can reach the whole roof by standing on the ground.
  2. Except for the front grille with all its chrome! It is a royal pain to keep clean. A ST style mesh grille in black will be very welcome.
  3. The engine has opened up nicely after the second oil change. Had changed oil during the first service as well. It revs clean and pulls well once the optimum temperature is reached.
  4. Got my first puncture last week, the right front. I caught it early and could drive the car to the shop for fixing. Guess Ford didn't top up the pressure required for the front wheels after rotating the tyres. The front left showed a pressure of 28 PSI which is quite low. If the pressure is maintained diligently, the chances for a puncture are that less. Done that with the Swift and the Michelins never had a puncture. So, that's it. Never going to do alignment and rotation at Ford again. DBS does a far better job.
  5. I got Kagu 3D mats in the first week itself. By far the best mats I have ever used. I am a sucker for keeping the interiors clean, do it at least twice a week which includes cleaning the mats too. And these helps a lot to make it as easy as possible. You can remove the mats without spilling any dust or stones into the carpet and a quick wash is all it takes to make it spic and span. It dries pretty quick under a little sun too. Also, the brilliant fit ensures that nothing ever gets to the carpets when the mats are in place.
  6. I wash the car very rarely. At max, its twice a month. And the white helps mask the dust quite well. Also, sedans don't cover the body in dust as much as hatchbacks due to the silhouette.
  7. What doesn't help is the brake dust though. The front wheels kick up a fair share which settles down on the doors and the running board. But I have no complaints there after driving the Swift with its brake pads made of high strength steel. The feel of the brakes in the Fiesta are totally worth it.
  8. Getting in and out of the car is a bit difficult. Everything is designed in a way to make it as demanding as possible. LOL! The car is low slung, the doors are heavy, don't open that wide, and the running board is tall, and the overall space inside is at a premium. My family has been patient with me on that so far. But once you get in, its a superb car to munch miles. The ride is great - very compliant and flat, all the noise stays outside, there is no vibration felt inside the cabin and the AC is a chiller. The stock ICE being so competent also helps. But the rear seats can't match the impeccable ones at the front and they are the place to be in the Fiesta.

Cheers!
deetjohn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:55   #99
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on clocking the 10,000 mark and good to see that you changed the air filters as well during this service. I also maintain a 10k kms interval for air filter in both our Ecosport/Fiesta as 20k kms seems a bit long for our dusty conditions. I never get alignment/balancing done at service centre as they do a shoddy job and charge a lot, must be stupid on the part of mechanics there to let a connector loose

Would advise you to go for some 3M sun films at the rear/front to help aid in cooling the cabin. The retractable sun blinds would require a hole to be drilled in the rear parcel tray.
The brakes are just fantastic in this car, my Fiesta has clocked 16,000 kms now and doing its duty diligently while giving tons of fun
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 06:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

Yes, tons of fun it is. Sometimes I feel, this one was specially made for Kerala roads by Ford.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150711_155643393_hdr.jpg

Quote:
Would advise you to go for some 3M sun films at the rear/front to help aid in cooling the cabin. The retractable sun blinds would require a hole to be drilled in the rear parcel tray.
I hate drilling and not a big fan of sun films, the latter always picks up some scratches or bubbles and I don't like that at all. Will look around for blinds which can be fixed using suction caps. Planning to visit the Hyundai and Fiat showrooms soon.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 08:27   #101
Senior - BHPian

Bought a silicone key cover branded Keyzone from Amazon for the smart key that I use regularly. It costs INR 325 and is of very good quality. A brown and blue are available and I picked the former as the blue was very loud for my liking.

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150909_080523907.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150909_080604146.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150909_080623349.jpg

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20150909_080640001.jpg

Amazon Link
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:27   #102
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta is one car which I have recommended to many. I realized late that you changed car. Congrats on the new buy!

Quote:
Honda's clutch was harder
That's surprising! Since, the same i-Dtec on Honda Amaze is one of the lightest clutch I've ever used on a Diesel car. It literally feels like Petrol.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:05   #103
BHPian

Finally!!! The car has arrived at the stock yard. Just looking at the car made me fall in love with it again. Now to get the registration done.

Then the wait starts till wife's birthday to take delivery of the car.

A few pics (please pardon the quality of pics, photography is not one of my better skills )
Attached Thumbnails
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-p_20151005_151513.jpg  

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-p_20151005_151541.jpg  

Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-p_20151005_151632.jpg  

Last edited by PratikPatel : 6th October 2015 at 12:08. Reason: Grammer
PratikPatel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 14:23   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Bought a silicone key cover branded Keyzone from Amazon for the smart key that I use regularly.

Amazon Link
Thanks for the tip!!! Order couple of them. Actually could not find it on the link given by you, so searched for the Keyzone website. Since their website is undergoing a overhaul it was down and they had left email id for inquiries.

Sent a mail and got prompt reply back as to where I could source them from along with a link. Thanks once again
Old 10th October 2015, 07:35   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Thanks for the tip!!! Order couple of them.
My pleasure. The quality is good, just wish Keyzone had more colour options for the smart key. The flip key cover is available in multiple shades.

And btw, congrats on the Fiesta and welcome to the club.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks