Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2015, 09:44   #1726
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Congratulations! First ownership review of 1.4 on the way?
Did you get a chance to Test drive a 1.4?
No chance of TD as this is the first 1.4 coming to the dealer inspite of pre-booking.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the engine will not disappoint.
Old 23rd August 2015, 09:51   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
No chance of TD as this is the first 1.4 coming to the dealer inspite of pre-booking.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the engine will not disappoint.
I am sure it wouldn't disappoint. This 1.4 is same as the one that pulls I20 active. It should be as good as Duster 85.
Hyundai could capture even more market if they concentrate more on 1.4 with some test drive vehicles as well.
Old 23rd August 2015, 10:07   #1728
Senior - BHPian

There is a white Creta SX parked in my basement.
Coincidentally, there was a Duster in white color which is parked pretty near to it.
So, I had the opportunity to compare the cars side by side externally

Have to say this - in terms of SUV-ish looks, the Duster wins hands down with the longeer bonnet and wider stance. The Creta pretty good from the front but the side profile resembles a buffed up hatchback to some extent (the bonnet is too short for my liking). Actually, some people might think me crazy or whatever but I like the looks of the I20 active more than the Creta (though the I20 active is a size smaller).The alloys in the SX version look pretty mediocre compared to the diamond cut alloys of the I20. Also, I think the Ecosport does manage to look butch from the front and the rear compared to the Creta.

I think the huge success and demand for Creta is due to lack of competition.. The Duster/Terrano twins are really short on features and interior quality. The S-cross doesn't have the looks and road presence of a SUV. I wonder who would challenge the Creta..The Honda BR-V looks a really poor effort from Honda! Hopefully, the Duster/Terrano refresh will offer better features and interiors and take the competition to the Creta. We need some more competition in this fast growing segment to have a better pricing with respect to the features offered by the car. When I upgrade my car in the next 2-3 years, this is the segment I am looking forward to.

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd August 2015 at 10:14.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 10:11   #1729
Team-BHP Support

Saw this brilliant 360 degree camera reversing system at the Hyundai dealership. Rear camera as usual is handled by the HU. While the IRVM gets a display that handles front, left and right side views as required.

Cost is around 25k as mentioned by the dealer. Nice. Looked almost stock with no cameras sticking out anywhere.

Left
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_3854.jpg

Front
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_3855.jpg

Right
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_3856.jpg

Impressions of my short Creta TD. (Please excuse my comparisons with Xcent and Punto since those are the vehicles I currently own).

Likes -

+ Steering feels well weighted. No feel like in the Punto, but much better than the over assisted Xcent. I think most people shouldn't have any reason to complaint here.
+ Suspension feels premium. Nice supple ride quality combined with decent handling. No complaints from a Punto owner perspective.
+ Engine refinement. I asked my wife after the TD how bad was the NVH. She said its similar to the Xcent, not better. I had to interrupt her at this point and tell her our Xcent is a petrol, while this one is a bloody diesel. The FIAT and Ford diesels are nowhere close, and the less said about the Honda diesels, the better.
+ Engine felt very eager from low rpms. Linear acceleration, but there is no big turbo push. A slight surge can be felt when turbo sings. Overall, nice punchy engine still.
+ Wife was very comfortable in the backseat and had no complaints whatsoever. She was even happy with the window size.
+ Feature loaded. Love the diamond cut alloys of the SX(O).
+ Love the safety features on offer - 6 airbags, ABS, ESP.
+ Sitting position inside is decently high. You get a good view of the traffic ahead, though this is no Safari / Scorpio.
+ Very well rounded package. There is no single thing you can point out as a dealbreaker IMO. In a way, its somewhat "perfect" (Though no SUV like Hyundai says) . Duster is a no-no at 14L for me because of the spartan interiors, Ecosport doesn't feel like an upgrade from a Punto 90, Terrano is terribly overpriced. XUV 5OO comes across as another brilliant package, but with its own set of niggles. And its too big as a car for just a couple without kids.

Dislikes -

- Interior quality is good. But the overall theme is too reminiscent of the Xcent. And i prefer the Xcent steering wheel over that borrowed from the i20.
- Either black (preferred) or beige interiors please. Why brown'ish?
- No auto dimming IRVM when even my Xcent has one.
- Dealership experience was below par. The lady at the reception told they dont have SX(o) on display while one was parked just in front of her. While asking her about it, she said its SX+ and I had to point out the 6 airbags to her.
They were hesitant to provide TD, provided a short one. No one seemed interested in selling the car. Another couple who came to the showroom remarked that the guys have become very arrogant these days.
Maruti NEXA was several notches above, when compared to the Hyundai showroom.

Overall, a well engineered, well-rounded package that deserves some success in the market. Hope other players catch up soon.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd August 2015 at 10:19.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 10:27   #1730
Distinguished - BHPian

Creta owners are reporting stuck/jammed outer rear door handles. The culprit in question is the left outer rear door handle.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11866362_864518450303349_9004466959322907566_n.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11222364_864518463636681_7756165042953424375_n.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11952056_10153130329188137_1530824823367104473_n.jpg

This particular problem is not seen in my Lazarus, but 4-5 Creta owners in my FB group have reported it.

Naveen, BNM, Vanchi, anyone else experiencing this?
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 10:34   #1731
BHPian

I tried now. I am not facing any such issues as of now. I will keep you posted.
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:09   #1732
BHPian

Tried out a few times but no issues with our SX(O). Should be a particular batch which is having this problem?
redrage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:13   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
It's great that you that you feel about the i20 that way but saying "getting ripped" kind of hurts the intelligence of all the Creta buyers.

As a matter of fact I own both i20 and the Fluidic Verna (both diesel) and yet I bought the Creta diesel. Agree that it is overpriced by a lac or so compared to the Duster but you can in no way compare i20 and Creta based on steering and stalks. The engine, refinement, seating position, height and handling are all very different. I don't think there are 30000 fools who are getting ready to get ripped going by your logic.
First and foremost apologies if my post has hurt anyone. As I mentioned, it is my personal opinion and only wanted to air my view about how "non VFM' this product is. In fact I am in the market for a car with a budget of around 15 lacs but whatever is available (Creta or otherwise) does not give that bang for the buck feel. When I sat in the Creta, it did not feel any different than the i20. No SX(O) Auto and AWD took away that last hope I had. All that remains, for a whopping 17 something lacs on-road Bangalore, can only be termed as day light robbery by Hyundai. At this price point, the new XUV looks VFM big time. You get a bigger AWD car, a bigger engine, third row, Sun roof et al.

Last but not the least, its the "To each his own" philosophy that governs buying decisions here and I surely respect that.

Last edited by vinayrathore : 23rd August 2015 at 11:23.
vinayrathore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:16   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Creta owners are reporting stuck/jammed outer rear door handles. The culprit in question is the left outer rear door handle.

Naveen, BNM, Vanchi, anyone else experiencing this?
Thank you for pointing this out.

I tried a few times on my car and it dint stuck a single time.
Probably some problem with a particular batch, will keep checking a few times over the next few days to be sure.
Old 23rd August 2015, 12:12   #1735
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Thank you for pointing this out.

I tried a few times on my car and it dint stuck a single time.
Probably some problem with a particular batch, will keep checking a few times over the next few days to be sure.
No problem here too. Must be a particular batch.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 12:17   #1736
BHPian

I had faced this problem in my Ford Classic during her first monsoon last year. A few squirts of WD40 cured it. You could try it as a quick fix.
Old 23rd August 2015, 13:33   #1737
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
First and foremost apologies if my post has hurt anyone. As I mentioned, it is my personal opinion and only wanted to air my view about how "non VFM' this product is. In fact I am in the market for a car with a budget of around 15 lacs but whatever is available (Creta or otherwise) does not give that bang for the buck feel. When I sat in the Creta, it did not feel any different than the i20. No SX(O) Auto and AWD took away that last hope I had. All that remains, for a whopping 17 something lacs on-road Bangalore, can only be termed as day light robbery by Hyundai. At this price point, the new XUV looks VFM big time. You get a bigger AWD car, a bigger engine, third row, Sun roof et al.

Last but not the least, its the "To each his own" philosophy that governs buying decisions here and I surely respect that.
Agreed that the XUV has a lot more features and more VFM.
1. It has a 7 seater/almost zero luggage or 5 seater/great luggage config.
2. It has a Bigger 2.2 liter engine but with a massive 2500 Kgs and hence a lower weight/BHP ratio
3. AWD is 20 Lacs OTR (19.97) in Bangalore. 2WD W10 is 18.67 Lacs.
4. Sunroof and 6 air bags which may or may not deploy.

They rob you slowly fixing all the niggles instead of the outright daylight robbery from Hyundai.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 13:52   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Agreed that the XUV has a lot more features and more VFM.
1. It has a 7 seater/almost zero luggage or 5 seater/great luggage config.
2. It has a Bigger 2.2 liter engine but with a massive 2500 Kgs and hence a lower weight/BHP ratio
3. AWD is 20 Lacs OTR (19.97) in Bangalore. 2WD W10 is 18.67 Lacs.
4. Sunroof and 6 air bags which may or may not deploy.

They rob you slowly fixing all the niggles instead of the outright daylight robbery from Hyundai.
Sure BNM, we are only arguing which one is a bigger robber. Which one breaks in without damaging the lock. Which one spares your dear life and just robs and flee.

Be it the Duster or the XUV, the manufacturers have already injected the "10 lakh for a hatch, 15 lacks for a SUV" virus and I see people are quite happy infected with it. I am not. Alas we still love the automobile and also need it to commute so no escape there neither for me nor for you.

I rest my case.
vinayrathore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 14:42   #1739
BHPian

Mod Note: Our Creta Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

First of all congratulations to all Creta owners...

I have Been following this thread keenly. Can anyone help me to find what is the power to weight and torque to weight ratio of this vehicle? I am particularly interested in the petrol model as my monthly running would be low. Hope someone should have found out by now.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2015 at 15:38. Reason: Adding link to official review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed