Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2015, 23:40   #1576
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Being a grand i10 owner for a year or so feels nice to see so many Hyundai's all in one place and they truly are a family. The newest member creta makes a grand entry and is absolutely a stunner. Other than obviously the creta which one in your opinion is your best vehicle in the Hyundai family. Cheers on your new Hyundai member.
I don't have a clear favourite since each one is different in its own way but one thing I can vouch - not one of them stopped or broke down over the last 15 years (Santro came in 2000). The car I enjoyed/had fun driving the most was the Previous Gen Verna CRDI (bought in 2006 and sold in 2011).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Nice! Great to see an old Santro in such mint condition.

Why do you have to part with the Verna? The car looks in fantastic condition. I suggest you keep it for now.
Thank you Sir. Always great to see your comments and in this case compliments. As much as I wish to keep the Verna, we are a very small family - just me, wife and daughter. Wife loves the i20 and does not want the Verna. I use the Santro for all the weekend odd jobs and now will use the Creta for my office commute. My poor verna will be left to bake in the sun and I would prefer if somebody can find a nice home for it soon. It is in mint condition !

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th August 2015 at 23:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option to quote and respond to multiple posts.
BNM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 23:51   #1577
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
I don't have a clear favourite since each one is different in its own way but one thing I can vouch - not one of them stopped or broke down over the last 15 years (Santro came in 2000). The car I enjoyed/had fun driving the most was the Previous Gen Verna CRDI (bought in 2006 and sold in 2011).
That's really good to hear hoping that my Grand i10 which is soon to be the secondary car and somewhat of a permanent vehicle continues to give us many years of service. Toyota, you guys aren't the only reliable brand anymore. The creta if I'm correct is based on the Verna engine so may also be really nostalgic for you to drive again. Keep revving
vinitbhavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 23:57   #1578
BHPian

Thanks a lot for a yet another comprehensive insight. Once again, an excellent and to the point write up.

The launch of Creta and S-Cross has intensified the competition for the likes of Duster and Ecosport. With so many options now available to choose from, it is the customer who is having the last laugh and stands to gain outrightly.

This preview is as good as a review, nonetheless the wait is on for the ultimate review.
Old 10th August 2015, 00:34   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
An opportunity to compare the 4 vehicles which are quite comparable. As vehicle types.
I envy those out to buy a csuv today. I bought my duster AWD in 2014 November after writing off ecosport and xuv. With Creta and scross today, I would not have thought of putting my money on the duster with its famed interior and ac; of course I do not have anothing else to complain about it till today. Creta is quite tempting.
Wanted to point out a couple of inaccuracies in the above comparison. Duster do have cruise control, traction control, touchscreen, gps and two 12v sockets, and there's no engine stop/start button.

Last edited by Swift : 10th August 2015 at 01:01.
Old 10th August 2015, 10:16   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Finally

A few Pics of my RED AT !!
1. All mods are getting done tomorrow - 17" with Michelin P3/Amp/JBL Speakers/Leather seats....More photos on Sunday !
Congratulations BNM on your new ride! Wish you many happy and safe miles on it. With all the mods you have been planning/installed, it does warrant an ownership report from you, doesn't it?...:-). Would be great if you can come up with one.

All the best!
OwnersPride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 17:11   #1581
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnersPride View Post
Congratulations BNM on your new ride! Wish you many happy and safe miles on it. With all the mods you have been planning/installed, it does warrant an ownership report from you, doesn't it?...:-). Would be great if you can come up with one.

All the best!
Will do - I am in the process of getting one under way.
RavenAvi and Naveen.Raju have covered a lot under the Petrol and Diesel MT versions already. I will stick to the Mods and Drive experience on the AT.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 19:47   #1582
Senior - BHPian

@ BNM
None of the dealers in Pune have an AT for test drive, I have driven the MT with all three engines, whenever I replace my car the next one will be a Diesel AT. I pre booked and cancelled the Creta, as they wanted me to confirm without a TD.

I have a simple question, does the car come to neutral as soon as you release the throttle (like in Fortuner, and Verna) or does the transmission remain engaged throught like in Ecosport, or does it remain engaged at higher speeds, and get into neutral at 30 kph or so like in Santa Fe.

If it turns neutral at higher speeds and gives nil engine braking, I will not be comfortable and will not reconsider.

Do me and a few others here a small favor, and go upto the speed that the 6th engages, and then leave the throttle and observe the deceleration.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 10th August 2015 at 19:49.
Old 10th August 2015, 21:16   #1583
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
@ BNM
None of the dealers in Pune have an AT for test drive, I have driven the MT with all three engines, whenever I replace my car the next one will be a Diesel AT. I pre booked and cancelled the Creta, as they wanted me to confirm without a TD.

I have a simple question, does the car come to neutral as soon as you release the throttle (like in Fortuner, and Verna) or does the transmission remain engaged throught like in Ecosport, or does it remain engaged at higher speeds, and get into neutral at 30 kph or so like in Santa Fe.

If it turns neutral at higher speeds and gives nil engine braking, I will not be comfortable and will not reconsider.

Do me and a few others here a small favor, and go upto the speed that the 6th engages, and then leave the throttle and observe the deceleration.

Rahul
Very interesting. I will try it out tomorrow and let you know. Last 2 days was all about dealing with traffic, accelerating from stop, dealing with bumper to bumper traffic and overtaking scenarios ( SVP from NDTV had told that you need to plan overtaking which had me worried)

Well, it has been a gem so far....handled every situation with aplomb. More in detailed review.

P.S: I did hit 80-100 on the airport road yesterday. Just to check what gear I was in, I shifted to tiptronic. It was in the 6th gear at 80. I decelerated a bit and it continued to be in the 6th even at 73 kmph and then my mind wandered off due to the heavy rain. My Verna in Eco mode would have prompted me to downshift to 5th below 80. Don't know if the torque converter AT box is set up to work similarly.

Last edited by BNM : 10th August 2015 at 21:33.
Old 10th August 2015, 21:33   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Very interesting. I will try it out tomorrow and let you know. Last 2 days was all about dealing with traffic, accelerating from stop, dealing with bumper to bumper traffic and overtaking scenarios ( SVP from NDTV had told that you need to plan overtaking which had me worried)

Well, it has been a gem so far....handled every situation with aplomb. More in detailed review.

P.S: I did hit 80-100 on the airport road yesterday. Just to check what gear I was in, I shifted to tiptronic. It was in the 6th gear at 80. I decelerated a bit and it continued to be in the 6th even at 73 kmph and then my mind wandered off. My Verna in Eco mode would have prompted me to downshift to 5th below 80. Don't know if the torque converter gear box would work similarly.
Very interesting to read your observation BNM - If you brake i am not sure if autobox would hold the gear - It should drop a gear to match the RPM which would give some amount of engine braking but when you let the acc. go it should disconnect the drive which is the reason for feeling of going to neutral.

Old 10th August 2015, 21:35   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
First pic after mods. New shoes and black top!
Congratulations and wishing you many happy miles!!

The alloys look stunning indeed! The fellows at Maruti will do well to have a look
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 23:54   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Will do - I am in the process of getting one under way.
RavenAvi and Naveen.Raju have covered a lot under the Petrol and Diesel MT versions already. I will stick to the Mods and Drive experience on the AT.
Congratulations on a great ride :-)

The Car looks drool worthy with those alloys

Eagerly awaiting your detailed review of the A/T, which would be a key influencing factor on my decision

Last edited by amit_2025 : 10th August 2015 at 23:56.
Old 11th August 2015, 10:22   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
If you brake i am not sure if autobox would hold the gear - It should drop a gear to match the RPM which would give some amount of engine braking but when you let the acc. go it should disconnect the drive which is the reason for feeling of going to neutral.
This depends totally on the software controlling the Gearbox.
In a car like Fortuner AT, when you leave the accelerator engine comes to idle and there is nill engine braking.
In My Ecosport which is a dual clutch the car holds gear if engine is below 2000, or else it will upshift RPM (5th to 6th upshift will happen only if it's above 2500 RPM, rest all if above 2000 RPM). As speed reduces, when you come to 1200 Rpm it down shifts, and RPM increases and you get some amount of engine braking.
In my friends Santa Fe, behavior is similar to Ecosport, at higher speeds, but downshifting happens only from 6th step wise down to 3rd, and then the transmission dis engages. A knowledgeable person from the industry said that the Converter lock is programmed to engage only from third gear onward.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 10:32   #1588
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
This depends totally on the software controlling the Gearbox.
In a car like Fortuner AT, when you leave the accelerator engine comes to idle and there is nill engine braking.
In My Ecosport which is a dual clutch the car holds gear if engine is below 2000, or else it will upshift RPM (5th to 6th upshift will happen only if it's above 2500 RPM, rest all if above 2000 RPM). As speed reduces, when you come to 1200 Rpm it down shifts, and RPM increases and you get some amount of engine braking.
In my friends Santa Fe, behavior is similar to Ecosport, at higher speeds, but downshifting happens only from 6th step wise down to 3rd, and then the transmission dis engages. A knowledgeable person from the industry said that the Converter lock is programmed to engage only from third gear onward.

Rahul
Rahul, when you mean going to neutral, I should watch out the RPM meter right? the rpm should come down and not move when I release the throttle right ?

Last edited by BNM : 11th August 2015 at 10:34.
Old 11th August 2015, 10:42   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Correct. If the car comes to neutral the RPM will come down to almost idle. You may also get an upshift, ie at 75 you may be at 1800 RPM in 5th, which may become 1500 RPM in 6th or something like that.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 11th August 2015 at 10:43.
Old 11th August 2015, 12:44   #1590
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Correct. If the car comes to neutral the RPM will come down to almost idle. You may also get an upshift, ie at 75 you may be at 1800 RPM in 5th, which may become 1500 RPM in 6th or something like that.

Rahul
Well Rahul, Let me put your mind at rest. It behaves exactly like the Santa Fe that you had described earlier. I moved up to 80 and took my leg off the throttle. The RPM (and Speed) gradually came down from around 2000 to 1800 and then I felt a upshift to 5th gear and it continued in that gear. (Saw the gear in tiptronic mode)

I did the same thing at 40. Now the RPM came down gradually and when the speed hit 30, the RPM meter dipped to below 1000 i.e the RPM at Neutral.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need me to verify anything else.

Last edited by BNM : 11th August 2015 at 12:54.
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks