Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2015, 13:00   #1546
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Please share the details of HU upgrade
Can the steering controls, control an after market HU? If yes any adapter available for the same?
I wanted something that can play variety or file formats including FLAC and hence i am going in for pioneer 8690. I did not need navigation (since have a separate gps unit) and hence did not opt for f60.

I know i would end up messing with stock looks but i did not find any of the stock looking hu's that support FLAC.

Steering mounted control i am worried about as well. Hopefully there would be adator for the same. If you come across any please do share the info bud.
Old 8th August 2015, 13:09   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
As per IndianAutosBlog, Creta has 6-10 month waiting period across cities. Is that true? In another post in this thread, I had commented that Hyundai is a mature manufacturing organization with a smooth supply chain, and will never make the mistakes Ford did with EcoSport? If this news is true, I eat my words !!

Surprised, that's all. I had expected better from Hyundai
In Navi Mumbai I was given a wait time of 8 months for SX(O)
Old 8th August 2015, 14:04   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerarajus View Post
Congratulations BNM, I am expecting my creta sx on 16th.Just to give heads up, dealer insurance premium was 55k which is 15k more than ICICI lomabard quote out side. Today I went Trident dealer to discussed about this and directly got 11k discount on insurance. Guys please verify your insurance premium and compare, then take a call.
I got a quote of 35k from future generali through an outside agent and it includes 0% dep with consumables, RSA and key replacement covered. This was 5k less than what Icici Lombard could offer. The dealer says I may not get good service with future generali but he doesn't mind if I go with it. What do you guys suggest? Would there be any problems with future generali with claim settlement etc in future?
Old 8th August 2015, 15:06   #1549
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerarajus View Post
Congratulations BNM, I am expecting my creta sx on 16th.Just to give heads up, dealer insurance premium was 55k which is 15k more than ICICI lomabard quote out side. Today I went Trident dealer to discussed about this and directly got 11k discount on insurance. Guys please verify your insurance premium and compare, then take a call.
I too got a major discount.9000 to be precise from HDFC Ergo.
Old 8th August 2015, 16:37   #1550
Distinguished - BHPian

Hearty congratulations, BNM!

Wish you a wonderful, fuss-free and happy ownership of the Creta SX+ AT in the days to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Funny - it took in 57 litres just after the yellow indicator light came on. Wonder if the actual capacity is 60 litres.
That's really weird. Mine topped out at exactly 55 liters when I went through my first tankful. Maybe there is a 5 liter reserve tank in addition to the 55 in the main.

Will keep an eye out for this as well.

Quote:
Only irritating part so far was the music system was coming ON every time i started the vehicle though it was off before switching off the engine. Must be to do with the settings.
Switch the power off for the HU completely before you switch off the car. The Media source will shut off first, then the Navigation part (when you keep pressing the "Power" button). Next time when you start the car, the HU won't start until you press the "Power" button again.

Do mention how is the driveability in lower gears, and from a standstill position. Does the Creta AT suffer from bad lag below 1500 RPM, in the first couple of gears?

BTW, that Red shade looks absolutely stunning!
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 17:21   #1551
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India has increased production of the Creta from a current 5,500 units per month to 7,500 units per month, to meet the rising demand.

Also, the compact SUV has seen total sales of 8,424 units by 31st July, which is is the best sales performance in the first month by an SUV in the history of Indian auto industry.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-0708pg17b.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-0608car4.jpg

Hyundai is sitting pretty with over 27,000 Creta bookings, which has resulted in over 10 months' waiting period for the Creta AT in some cities, while it's around 4 months for the other variants, pan-India.

Quote:
Creta's main competitors like Renault Duster, Ford EcoSport and Nissan Terrano witnessed sales of 1194 units, 4715 units and 3079 units respectively in their first month.

The car also outsold India's largest selling SUV for almost a decade Mahindra Bolero in July taking over the leadership position in the category. Last month was the first time since 2010 that Bolero finds itself outside of the top 10 in the domestic market.

With bookings of over 27,000 units and a waiting period stretching upto 4 months for some variants, Hyundai is ramping up production at its Chennai factory to produce 7500 units of the SUV per month.

"We have got just the kind of started we were aspiring for with the Creta," said Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice president, sales and marketing, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. "We advanced the launch of the car from September to July as we wanted to take the initiative. Now our problem is to make enough cars and keep the waiting period in check. The customer is very demanding in this segment."
HT Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 18:31   #1552
BHPian

Hi All ...

I took a TD this morning @ Advaith Hyundai, Bengaluru. It was SX(O). While a lot has been already said about the vehicle, there was one thing I observed. Gear-shift was not smooth. I attributed that to rough handling by people during TDs and checked the same in the other display vehicle, but found it equally bad.

I'm a layman in these matters and this observation is solely based on comparison with my 10 year-old Getz.

I had also made sure clutch was depressed fully while shifting gears. May be that, it will get better with use ? I don't recall now, what was it like when I had first bought the Getz, back in 2005
Old 8th August 2015, 19:12   #1553
BHPian

Firstly let me congratulate Ravenavi and many others on their new buy. After seeing one in the flesh parked on the Mumbai roads I did a U turn and went back to have a better look. Boy is she beautiful and IMHO leaves the ecosports,terranos and dusters way behind at least in the looks department.

Have always loved the Santa Fe and the resemblance is uncanny and that's in a really good way. Having said that it's weird the A/T doesn't come with the best safety features. It's not Hyundai alone why do so many car manufacturers do this to Indian car buyers is something I'll never understand.
I plan to buy an xuv soon and waiting for the A/T version but seeing the creta will rethink.
vinitbhavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 19:55   #1554
BHPian

Being in a town or grown up village ( villupuram) , I got my first ever chance to see the creta in roads in flesh. And I have to tell you I was impressed a lot. Never had a good impression about creta ( based on discussion in this thread) till I saw it in road. It had imposing presence. Myself in my vento looked puny near it. It truly has a 15 lake suv look. Since it's not fair to compare it to fortuner or endeavour.
Old 8th August 2015, 21:20   #1555
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Hearty congratulations, BNM!

Wish you a wonderful, fuss-free and happy ownership of the Creta SX+ AT in the days to come.

That's really weird. Mine topped out at exactly 55 liters when I went through my first tankful. Maybe there is a 5 liter reserve tank in addition to the 55 in the main.

Will keep an eye out for this as well.

Switch the power off for the HU completely before you switch off the car. The Media source will shut off first, then the Navigation part (when you keep pressing the "Power" button). Next time when you start the car, the HU won't start until you press the "Power" button again.

Do mention how is the driveability in lower gears, and from a standstill position. Does the Creta AT suffer from bad lag below 1500 RPM, in the first couple of gears?

BTW, that Red shade looks absolutely stunning!
I figured out how to switch off the music system completely. It requires a long hold like you suggested.

Regarding the fuel capacity, I think the nozzle stopped around 50 LTRs automatically. I asked the attendant to do a TOP UP. Maybe that's why it took in more. Did you also top up?
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 07:38   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Finally

4. Came home opened the garage to get my Verna out and make space for my new baby. Getting in was difficult suddenly !
5. Amazing NVH levels. My daughter and wife kept commenting why isn't there any sound ?
6. The engine does not shudder when you turn off the engine which happens on the Verna and the i20
7. Only irritating part so far was the music system was coming ON every time i started the vehicle though it was off before switching off the engine. Must be to do with the settings.
@BNM - Congrats and wish you million trouble free miles.

Can't believe you already are finding it difficult to get into to your Verna

Looks like Creta is indeed a new benchmark on NVH

Cheers
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 09:42   #1557
BNM
BHPian

We are Family !
Couldnt Resist posting this one. I am sad that I have to part with the Verna.
Got the team BHP imprint on the Verna and Santro. for the i20 it is on the front door side.
Need to order for the Creta!
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-capture.jpg  

Last edited by BNM : 9th August 2015 at 09:59.
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 10:14   #1558

Quote:
We are Family !
Got the team BHP imprint on the Verna and Santro. for the i20 it is on the front door side.
Great BNM. From the pic I could see you have upgraded your wheels n panaromic roof. Please update the modifications in detail, I am planning to do it for my creta also.
Old 9th August 2015, 10:27   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are Family !
Wow, all Hyundai's. The santro would be pre 2003, condition looks quite good. Also, your Creta is SX+ AT, which doesnt has diamond cut alloy. Here I am seeing the alloys from SX(O).

Have you upgraded your alloys and what was the cost ?
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 10:47   #1560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the fuel capacity, I think the nozzle stopped around 50 LTRs automatically. I asked the attendant to do a TOP UP. Maybe that's why it took in more. Did you also top up?
My fillup includes the top-up (fuel nozzle kickback came at around 45 liters I think, not sure).

Anyway, I shall pay more attention when I fill up my Lazarus the next time. Going by my running, my second tankful should be over by tomorrow or the day after, with me clocking 1000 kms on the ODO!

Quote:
Nice! Great to see an old Santro in such mint condition.

Why do you have to part with the Verna? The car looks in fantastic condition. I suggest you keep it for now.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks