Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:03   #1471
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Had requested for a TD on the net so got a call from the nearest dealership.

SX(O) on road Navi Mumbai is 16 lacs odd, with a waiting time of 8 months (delivery in Mar '16). Booking amount 25k with a deduction of 3k in case of cancellations.

Looking at the waiting time didn't persue it further so it may be an XUV W8 finally in Oct.
m_upreti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:46   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The Creta's HVAC / climate control has specifications similar to that on the Elantra, rather than Verna (which in turn, is similar to that on the new i20).
Hi RSR,

Do you have any idea if the normal touchscreen head unit which comes in the lower variants without navigation has input for reverse camera? Or a complete reverse camera kit with screen needs to be installed?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2015 at 16:51. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Quoting a large post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:11   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai always missed out on the entry level SUV, where as KIA has SOUL in its range, a vehicle ahead of KIA Sportage/Hyundai Tucson.

KIA SOUL comes in 1.6/2.0 ltr engine size and it does sells quite a bit.

I think, taking a leaf from KIA, Hyundai derived some inspiration from SOUL and developed the CRETA to place it ahead of Tucson.

With the launch of all new Tucson 2016, Hyundai will go for a kill with its range of SUVs mentioned below:

1. Entry level - CRETA
2. Mid level - Tucson
5. Higher level - Santa Fe

(Photos of KIA SOUL and Hyundai Creta for reference only)
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-2015_kia_soul_sideview.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-2015hyundaicretasideunveiledpressimage.jpg  

Parm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:18   #1474
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Hi RSR,

Do you have any idea if the normal touchscreen head unit which comes in the lower variants without navigation has input for reverse camera? Or a complete reverse camera kit with screen needs to be installed?
Hi Shakensoul!

Unfortunately, I don't know if the touchscreen system on the S and SX variants supports a reverse camera.

The non-touchscreen HU on the L (Base) variant doesn't support a reverse camera, but not sure of the one used on S & SX variants.

-------

@ RavenAvi, do you have more details on the capabilities of the S & SX variants' head unit?

Last edited by RSR : 3rd August 2015 at 17:20.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:42   #1475
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Hyundai always missed out on the entry level SUV, where as KIA has SOUL in its range, a vehicle ahead of KIA Sportage/Hyundai Tucson.

KIA SOUL comes in 1.6/2.0 ltr engine size and it does sells quite a bit.

I think, taking a leaf from KIA, Hyundai derived some inspiration from SOUL and developed the CRETA to place it ahead of Tucson.

With the launch of all new Tucson 2016, Hyundai will go for a kill with its range of SUVs mentioned below:

1. Entry level - CRETA
2. Mid level - Tucson
5. Higher level - Santa Fe

(Photos of KIA SOUL and Hyundai Creta for reference only)

The KIA Soul is an excellent hatch/ quasi crossover. My wife has rented several of these in her US sojourn and finds it an excellent vehicle.
It would be a good car for India for sure.
If ever Kia enters and brings it in!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 18:36   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Hi RSR,

No, I don't think the lower variants including SX have reverse camera. You can get a reverse camera and integrate that with the IRVM. But again, creta doesn't have day light adjusting mirror and its just a regular IRVM. So, not sure how good an option this will be.
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:18   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Hyundai dealership are at their notorious best these days.
Its a shame that Hyundai has managed to utilize this hype to tarnish their image. Good luck Hyundai, and congratulations on beating the benchmarks of customer services set by Skoda/ VW.
Just to give them their due, my experience with Trident Whitefield in Bangalore has been the exact opposite. The service has been attentive and they have been following up politely - offering extra, longer test drives, getting an Auto to be test driven and so on(I've done 4 so far). The two SA's i interacted with have both been knowledgeable about the car and the differences between the model's.

That said, Advaith ORR has been terrible consistently and I am currently travelling out of my way to go to Trident even though Advaith is right next door.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:43   #1478
BHPian

I checked out the weight of the car today. It is 1360 kg. The tank was slightly more than 1/2 full. The tank is 55 lts capacity. So 1330 kg give or take a couple of kg
Wheeliej is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:28   #1479
Distinguished - BHPian

Team,

My initial ownership review of my Creta SX+ VTVT is now out from the Assembly Line - LINK.

Please go through the same (including detailed updates on the Head Unit and it's functions on Page 3 of the thread) and leave your valuable feedback.

Big thanks to GTO and Rehaan for their guidance and valuable tips in fine-tuning the final report.

And also, heartfelt thanks to BHPians RSR and naveen.raju for all the updates regarding the technical aspects of the Creta, which helped immensely in compiling my review.

Hearty Congratulations to mr.kaybee and thealtoman for picking up your Cretas! May our Korean tribe grow bigger and prosper, guys!
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:52   #1480
Distinguished - BHPian

Waiting periods for the diesel AT stretching to 10 months as per this Autocar Article. Reminds one of the Ecosport launch times.

If I am not wrong, Hyundai has generally been good at managing their production to meet the demands and avoid absurd waiting periods.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ta-396660.aspx

Quote:
Now after the launch, the Creta has received a rather high waiting list with the delivery period going up to 10 months for the automatic model in some cities. The petrol and both diesel models equipped with the six-speed manual gearbox command a waiting period of between four to six months, though this figure is likely to differ depending on the town or city. The diesel automatic on the other hand has a higher waiting period with the delivery time varying between 6 to 10 months. This time frame is also subject to change depending on the town or city of the prospective customer.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 23:59   #1481
Distinguished - BHPian

Management Punditz has brought out the numbers for July 2015 sales.

The Creta sees 6,783 units being shipped to the dealers for the month, which puts the Hyundai compact SUV in the Top 10 cars of the month at #9 position, leapfrogging over the newly launched Honda Jazz, which garnered 6,676 units for the same time period and finds itself slotted at #10 position.

SOURCE

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th August 2015 at 00:02.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 00:22   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Management Punditz has brought out the numbers for July 2015 sales.

The Creta sees 6,783 units being shipped to the dealers for the month, which puts the Hyundai compact SUV in the Top 10 cars of the month at #9 position, leapfrogging over the newly launched Honda Jazz, which garnered 6,676 units for the same time period and finds itself slotted at #10 position.

SOURCE
BTW, Look at Poor Duster! Since Creta is priced little higher than I imagined (obviously out of my budget) my purchase decision is inching towards Duster. Looking at these figures, I am hoping to get more discounts in Duster!

Though I am not inclined to buy Creta, I am happy for Hyundai (after all, I still own a Santro) because it is going to make others run for their money (So favorable for the buyers!).
Old 4th August 2015, 06:36   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Hyundai dealership are at their notorious best these days. Good luck Hyundai, and congratulations on beating the benchmarks of customer services set by Skoda/ VW.
They treated me badly when I went to check out Creta in Trident Hyundai. I have been a Hyundai customer for the last 13 years and I could see that the hype around Creta has changed their attitude. Even though there was no crowd, nobody cared to talk to me. Many executives were just sitting there. Even when I went to the executive, he did not bother to give proper answers. They were serving refreshments and water to people who were doing the booking. Even though I asked for a glass of water and stood in front of the receptionist for a long time, no one bothered. I just walked out disappointed that success has spoilt my beloved company.

Compared to Hyundai, I was treated very well when I went to Nexa dealership. The executive attended to me promptly once he became free. Was quite knowledgeable and interested in selling the car. Emailed ebrochure even without a request from me. Highly professional and very impressed.
PatienceWins is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 09:53   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Initial, I thought we were all just overreacting to the sales guys not attending prospects. If the sales guys approach us and jabber, we get annoyed and now we're complaining even if they don't walk up to us. Was wondering if there is no middle ground for us. And I'm not Hyundai evangelist.

Over 3 visits, I saw the Creta being checked out by quite a handful of individuals (not over crowded) and the sales guys staying away, gathered in groups. I 'assumed' this is what Hyundai would have asked them to do, allowing for enthusiastic prospects to check out the car themselves in peace.

Yesterday, I happened to drive a colleague friend to the Hyundai showroom nearby to KRpuram. He was very enthusiastic to check out the car, get a brochure and stuff. I've gotten over the hype so was least interested and was just by the entrance, watching. After checking out the car my friend wanted to get a hold of a sales guy to get the brochure, etc. But no sales person, standing around further away from the vehicle, were keen to come and assist/talk. He then went to the reception desk and got a cut-paper price list and leaflet brochure. When asked for a sales rep, a lady at the reception took the phone and called for someone. Why, when so many were just standing around doing nothing? Was there a person even, at the other end of the phone?

Why this sudden change in attitude for Hyundai sales staff, I don't understand. When I casually went to a Hyundai showroom on Banerghatta road (near SPAR) to ask about the Verna, I was treated warmly and with full details, even when I declared I had no intention of purchase anytime soon. What member PatienceWins has mentioned above and what my friend experienced is very different from the way Hyundai has usually handled their prospects.

Hope Hyundai don't end up shooting themselves on their foot.

Last edited by k_ajay : 4th August 2015 at 09:54.
k_ajay is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 10:05   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

Yesterday, I happened to drive a colleague friend to the Hyundai showroom nearby to KRpuram.
I went to the same place. I was also surprised as Hyundai was known to treat prospects/ customers very well. Maybe the issue is peculiar to this dealership alone.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed