Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 14:07   #1591
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Thanks a lot BNM, this is very good. Cars that are totally brake dependent are scary to drive, this means, I can use triptronic to select a lower gear to keep speed in control while descending ghats, etc.
Now you can give us a mid term report regarding fuel efficiency, etc. Also let us all know if you can feel the converter lock engaging, and above what gear does it happen. Considering that it comes to idle below 30, I expect that the converter does not lock in first and second. This is actually good, as it reduces wear in very low speed stop and go traffic. Also try to observe weather you get a start in first or in second, many 6 speed AT's start in second on level ground if you do not throttle hard while starting.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 15:01   #1592
BHPian

I had pre-booked this car 3.5 months back and have followed this thread (and others) quite closely. Given the kind of confidence a few folks had around the prices, I also got a shock when prices were released and was on the verge of cancelling. Even called Duster sales and asked for the fresh price list etc.!

But I was feeling uneasy...Duster never really wowed me...apart from how it glided over potholes. Within seconds of the Duster TD, the gear knob reminded me of the mahindra jeeps of the 80s (OK...slight exaggeration!). The clutch instinctively felt hard...As all have said, the interior felt basic. I also don't quite like these spot discounts and "book now" kind of discount offers...IMHO, shows lack of product confidence although I understand this is a norm of the auto industry...

Ecosport was ticked off as wifey said its rear seat seemed smaller than the santro to her!

I have never been a Maruti fan (not for many specific reasons though!)...and also not a crossover fan... And hence no to S cross. Pricing of course helped!

I am certainly not looking at going above 15L and neither for a bigger car (XUV etc). Owners will justify it...but finding a parking for a smaller car in our congested streets is always easier. As a santro owner now, I always fit in the spot that other larger cars cannot fit in.

My driving is not too much (might be around 8k an year) and I lean more towards driving pleasure and basic safety features (ABS/2 air-bags)as my car selection parameters.

After I drove the Creta, I decided to bite the bullet. The size works for me...the clutch, interiors as well. They are chaging a premium no doubt. Visibility is not as good as Duster's. I found the A pillar and RVM a obstructing vision but I will live with that. Infact, I am upgrading (in terms of engine if not features) to 1.6SX DSL from my pre-booking of 1.4 DSL S+, simply as the price-diff is 25k between these. I never wanted to spend so much but I am stretching myself...simply for the love of it. I have let my heart rule this time! Should be getting delivery early next week as the company Car Lease team has SLAs. Ghrrrr!
zing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 15:46   #1593
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post

My driving is not too much (might be around 8k an year) ...

After I drove the Creta, I decided to bite the bullet. ...... Infact, I am upgrading (in terms of engine if not features) to 1.6SX DSL from my pre-booking of 1.4 DSL S+, simply as the price-diff is 25k between these............. Should be getting delivery early next week as the company Car Lease team has SLAs. Ghrrrr!
If you drive less than 12K per annum you should explore the SX+ petrol. You get more features at a lower price. Diesel does not make sense if your annual running is less.

Under company lease, you get fuel allowance, isn't it? Hence you have major savings even with the petrol.

See link for more details on breakeven for diesel cars

All the best

Cheers

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 11th August 2015 at 15:52. Reason: Added link
KPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 16:09   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
If you drive less than 12K per annum you should explore the SX+ petrol. You get more features at a lower price. Diesel does not make sense if your annual running is less.
+1 to that.
My driving has typically been 8000-9000 kms per year which will increase to 10000-11000 kms and hence i have booked a Creta SX+ Petrol, as it is seems to be VFM.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 16:20   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post

Under company lease, you get fuel allowance, isn't it? Hence you have major savings even with the petrol.

See link for more details on breakeven for diesel cars

All the best

Cheers

KPS

The difference between Petrol SX+ and Diesel SX is only about 50k OTR. So going by a very conventional calculation, the diesel will turn out to be more economical in a 5 year period.

Agreed that the SX loses out on the 7" AVN and push button start but it comes with higher torque and excellent refinement for a diesel. So it definitely sounds like a decent alternative. The AVN can also be got as an after market fitment. In fact, hyundai themselves are likely to launch one in the next month or so according to the dealer. So the only missing feature would be the push button start which can be compromised for a better torquey engine. But again it boils down to personal tastes and petrol does not win based on economic factors here.
mustangvins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 23:21   #1596
BHPian

Any recommendations for a place where I can get black stickering done over the roof in ORR or sarjapur area in bangalore?
Old 12th August 2015, 10:23   #1597
BHPian

For installing a reverse camera kit in the Creta which does not come with reverse camera, this is what I am contemplating which involves minimal wiring and cutting.

1. WIFI License Plate Lamp Plug & Play Reverse Camera For Hyundai ix25

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-R...395272958.html

This should be plug and play if the setup is same as the ix25, reference picture here

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/i...-shanghai-2015

However it can be confirmed only after checking the setup in the Indian Creta.

2. Installing a Folding dash mounted display like the link below.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-3-I...151043592.html

Reason for preferring a folding display is to keep the display out of face when not in use and use minimal space, instead of a fixed display.

The reverse wifi camera will beam the feed to the receiver and no wiring needed from the back to the front. Anyone used this setup before or any thoughts ?
Shakensoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:14   #1598
BHPian

There are 3 slots just above fan control. Did anyone notice that? Does anyone know what it is? Just curious...
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-1439104605096.jpg  

Old 12th August 2015, 15:18   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India has decided to ramp up it's Creta production from 5,000 units per month to 6,500 units per month with immediate effect, so as to bring the waiting periods down.

The Creta has now garnered close to 30,000 confirmed bookings so far.

Quote:
The local arm of the Korean car maker is in the process of increasing production of the model from 5,000 units a month to 6,500, Rakesh Shrivastava, senior vice president, sales and marketing said, and the increase will help reduce the waiting period for the model by some two months.

It currently has a waiting of six to eight months, depending on the choice of variant.

Since it started accepting bookings in July, Hyundai has received close to 30,000 bookings for the Creta and despatched 6,783 units to dealers last month.

Shrivastava said that close to 80% bookings are for the diesel model. Till a couple of years ago, most SUV buyers, close to 90%, would prefer a diesel, but the trend seems to be gradually shifting owing to a reduced price gap between petrol and diesel and a refined petrol engine, he said.

He also attributed the shift in trend to sedan buyers used to petrol models coming into the SUV market.
Live Mint
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 18:02   #1600
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai India Presents - "the Official Wheels of FAN" - by Yash Raj Films, starring Shah Rukh Khan.

Coming in April, 2016.

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 21:39   #1601

Greetings Folks! I have just joined the forum and even though I have been wanting to join the forum for a long time now; I guess what really triggered it now was my confusion about a future course of action. I am in a situation where I do not know if I am being taken for a ride by my dealer.

To cut a long story short- I booked an automatic shortly after launch, on 24th of July (I understand some of you may have booked it months ago ) and I have not even been given a tentative delivery "month"; let alone a date or week by my dealer.

What I want to ask you enthusiasts is- is this normal? Is this the way it happens? Every time I ask them to give me a tentative week, they just somehow talk their way out of it. I completely understand there is a long wait, but all I need is a definite week when it will be delivered. Am I asking for too much?

I am sorry if this sounds immature as I have never really been in a queue before. I have an I-20, which was bought long after it was launched, so I got it within a week :-)

Many thanks for your time and anticipated replies !
Old 12th August 2015, 22:18   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkydory View Post

What I want to ask you enthusiasts is- is this normal? Is this the way it happens? Every time I ask them to give me a tentative week, they just somehow talk their way out of it. I completely understand there is a long wait, but all I need is a definite week when it will be delivered. Am I asking for too much?

Many thanks for your time and anticipated replies !
First of all, welcome to the forum.
Which city have you booked from?Dealer ?Various cities have different wait times that have been quoted.
Bangalore has been quoting around 2 weeks to 2 months wait. Avi's post says that Hyundai have expanded capacity for the Creta.
Do let us know.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 12th August 2015 at 22:23.
Old 12th August 2015, 23:19   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
There are 3 slots just above fan control. Did anyone notice that? Does anyone know what it is? Just curious...
Throwing a question back. Is it the in cabin temperature sensor? The Swift had this from the first version itself.
Old 12th August 2015, 23:52   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkydory View Post

To cut a long story short- I booked an automatic shortly after launch, on 24th of July (I understand some of you may have booked it months ago ) and I have not even been given a tentative delivery "month"; let alone a date or week by my dealer.

What I want to ask you enthusiasts is- is this normal? Is this the way it happens? Every time I ask them to give me a tentative week, they just somehow talk their way out of it. I completely understand there is a long wait, but all I need is a definite week when it will be delivered. Am I asking for too much? !
Which dealer is this? I had visited 2 dealers. Advaith Hyundai on Outer Ring Road were vague and did not give a clear picture of wait times. Trident Hyundai in KR Puram were clear that most variants are available within a max of 2 months.

If feasible check with Trident or with other dealers. There are way too many Hyundai dealers in Bangalore.
Old 13th August 2015, 00:47   #1605

Thanks for your replies Rajeevraj and Arjun :-)

This is Trident Hyundai- Old Airport Road Branch. The branch is headed by a guy named Roshan Sheka who promised me a definite date when it will be delivered in the first week of August, but no timeline is given now whenever I call up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks