Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:43   #91
BHPian

Talking about bookings for the creta. I just talked to a hyundai dealer here in chandigarh and they said the booking have not opened yet and they will be taking bookings from the 15th of july. I wonder how will they deliver so quickly as the launch is on 21st and how can other dealers from different places already start bookings from now.
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:49   #92
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
Talking about bookings for the creta. I just talked to a hyundai dealer here in chandigarh and they said the booking have not opened yet and they will be taking bookings from the 15th of july. I wonder how will they deliver so quickly as the launch is on 21st and how can other dealers from different places already start bookings from now.

I did speak to two dealers in Hyderabad. Both confirmed that they are pre-booking the car. The booking amount is INR 50,000/- with one dealer with INR 1000/- towards cancellation. Another one is charging INR 1,00,000/- for pre-booking with INR 3000/- towards cancellation.
jeetaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:55   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is a mass manufactured car. Hyundai must have allotted them stock in advance which will reach them before the launch. I don't see any reason why deliveries cannot start without booking taken months in advance.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:19   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Talking about bookings for the creta. I just talked to a hyundai dealer here in chandigarh and they said the booking have not opened yet and they will be taking bookings from the 15th of july.

On the contrary, i have been getting daily calls from Berkley Chandigarh to book the car. When i mentioned i am out of station , they sent me a mail with their account details so that i can transfer money. Go to Berkley and they will book Creta. Booking amount Rs 50000/-
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:52   #95
BHPian

I am not able to understand one thing about all Hyundai offerings recently. What's stopping them in providing separate beams in headlamp. It improves visibility by many folds when we are on expressways during night drives by keeping both the beams on.

From the pictures of Creta , it seems we will get H4 again. Even a Tata indica offers H7/H1 setup. I have an i20 ( 2011) and ANHC(2013) and the night time illumination on expressways is pathetic in both the vehicles. Got a chance to take extensive ride on a friends VW polo recently and I could see a huge difference in illumination.

Honda has moved to separate beams with the new City. Why can't Hyundai do the same , atleast with their premium products.
Old 2nd July 2015, 16:23   #96

The official communication to the dealers is that the booking amount should be a "minimum of Rs 25,000".

The variants are as follows:
Petrol - Base 1.6, S 1.6, SX+ 1.6
Diesel - Base 1.4, S 1.4, S+ 1.4, SX 1.6, SX+ 1.6, SX+ 1.6 AT, SX(O) 1.6
sangtani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 17:12   #97
BHPian

OMG! It means that petrol mode will also be not available in the high end trim!
In nutshell all features loaded will be available in manual mode of diesel only
Something is not going right somewhere with Hyundai. It seems to keep the price flexible and to cover Ecosport to XUV range, has brought this idea of bringing 6 trims in total to play at various levels.

Last edited by ddriver : 2nd July 2015 at 17:18.
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:28   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
OMG! It means that petrol mode will also be not available in the high end trim!
In nutshell all features loaded will be available in manual mode of diesel only.
In this segment, less than 10% of all buyers opt for the petrols (excluding EcoSport sales). So they are trying to be smart in sticking with the 1.6L diesel for the top-end trim. Although, I would have preferred a SX(O) petrol manual myself, but I am in a big minority here.

The mass market generally prefers diesel SUVs/Crossovers at above the 10 lakhs ex-showroom mark, and that is where Hyundai has placed it's more delectable offerings. Can't blame them, since the Creta is positioned as a mass-market offering.

But yes, no petrol AT on offer and neither is a 1.6L Diesel SX (O) AT. This is going to be a real dampener for the Automatic fans. Let's hope they introduce these trims sometime in the near future.

Hoping against hope, I still wait for the official launch and the variants-spread.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:32   #99

What would be price range for Creta Petrol Variant ? One of my friend told me that SX(O) petrol variant would not be more than 10 lacs ? is this information correct.

I am planning to book my Elite i20 this coming saturday and if i am getting Creta SX for SXO for price range between 9 - 9.5 then i dont mind waiting .
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:43   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post

On the contrary, i have been getting daily calls from Berkley Chandigarh to book the car. When i mentioned i am out of station , they sent me a mail with their account details so that i can transfer money. Go to Berkley and they will book Creta. Booking amount Rs 50000/-

I would never suggest anyone to trust Berkley. I had very bad time with them when I got my car serviced & repaired from them. Very unprofessional.
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:50   #101

Your preview has made me reconsider(or rather shelve) my decision to go for i20 elite . I am drooling over those interiors.
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:23   #102
BHPian

Nice review! Thanks…I wish the petrol version was also covered in this review
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:30   #103
BHPian

July for sure is seeing some heavy downpour of launches. Hyundai's Creta finally nears its launch date but I'll apply wait & watch policy over this product. Here are my reasons:

Design: Somehow the design hasn't grown on me yet. Same thing happened for the Elite too but I stood corrected after seeing it in flesh. Ecosport swept quite a few off their feet in the design department which I dont see happening in this case. But I'd still put my money on Creta over S-Cross anyday. I've already started imaging the updates/next gen of Creta. Mini Santa-Fe (front looks) would've been a killer IMO.

Pricing: Definitely a no brainer since Hyundai is no Ford looking to find it's foot-hold in the Indian market. Hyundai will continue it's premium pricing as it reasons (to some extent) it out by the quality & quantity of equipment it provides.

My gut extinct says, that Creta will go the Verna way to some extent but still be a good teacher to other cars in it's price range.
Old 3rd July 2015, 02:36   #104
BHPian

The SUV market is already hot and everyone is competing for a 5 seater. Why isn't anyone looking for a seven seater and go near the Innova. Renault did an attempt, but failed. Ertiga is still holding ground and so is Mobilio.

Like how Anshuman stated, I will surely wait for the official launch and see this in person. This surely looks to me like a 4 seater SUV than a 5 seater.

While most of these versions might have Air bags as a standard, will have to wait and see, if ABS is also provided as a standard.

Anshuman, , the preview itself is very exciting. Just waiting for the 20th July weekend for the car to launch.
Old 3rd July 2015, 06:36   #105
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Thanks Anshuman for answering my queries
I guess I will hold off until the Official Review happens.

All in all, I think it is about time that this kind of vehicle made its presence felt in India.
The interesting thing is that when the Tucson was launched in India in 2004-2005, the prices were about 15 lacs odd plus taxes etc which brought it to about 18 lacs on road.

The Honda CRV too was around 20-22 lacs at that time.

At that time, such a price was far out of reach of most young Indians. Glad to see that in this last decade, the manufacturers have actually done their bit to bring in vehicles which young Indians will aspire to and buy.

Lovely signs of development and progress.

Just wish that the roads, safety awareness, discipline and infrastructure too would progress at a faster pace than they are!
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks