Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 15:57   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The manufacturer has the fattest profit margin on the topmost variant, hence they'd love it if all their cars sell only in the highest variants.
Which begs the question - why can't the car manufacturer offer the option (specially the AT option) in not one, but TWO topmost variants? (In case of the Creta, the SX AT *AND* the SX(O) AT!)

Delivery times can be defined accordingly.

I heard that the earlier-gen "Fluidic" i20's Asta(O) variant (the petrol one with 6 airbags + a sunroof) was mostly made-to-order, because very few people were takers for that particular variant. Hyundai India could very well adopt a similar strategy again as well.

It's like the saying goes - better to have the option and not use it, than to have no option at all!

Quote:
Inevitably, if the AT gets strong customer interest, a top-end variant follows later (e.g. Celerio ZXi AMT).
As you rightly mentioned, it might be due to the psychological advantage of introductory pricing, and to pierce the market sentiments with the same. If demand grows and the car starts selling with healthy margins, the top-most variant will definitely follow at a later date (possibly bang at the start of the festive season/New Year).

Smart strategy, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
The good thing is that the chrome can be made to disappear by using some 3M wrap.
That is actually a great idea! Even I have been racking my brains about what to do with that ultra-loud chrome garnish, if it's of the irremovable variety. Either get that done, or cover the scary thing with body paint or something.

That rear chrome garnish looks so out-of-place in what is otherwise a very nice and settled-looking rear.

Quote:
Does the rating button work for you? Some of us are facing issues with it. Which OS do you use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
The rating button doesn't work for me as well. Says something about ip address field having an invalid or null value.

Tried from office (Win7) and home (Mac OS) as well. Same behavior.
I rated the thread using the Safari browser of my iPhone 6 Plus. It registered the rating as the usual self as before. Haven't tried it from my home computer yet.

Quote:
I hope the lower variants with the 1.4 U2 CRDi and 1.6 Gamma VTVT come with irresistible price tags. Considering all possible engine-gearbox-variant combinations, the Creta can cover a wide price range and attract customers from several different segments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
But after pricing the i20 Active 1.4 diesel at above 7.5L ex-showroom, this one will probably have a starting price tag of more than 9L to maintain the gap. If that is the case then it will be a bit expensive for the segment.
If I have to venture a guess, I'd say that the Creta 1.4L Base diesel might be priced at around 8.5-9.0 lacs, ex-showroom Delhi. That would put the 1.6L S petrol at around 8.25-8.75 lacs, ex-showroom Delhi. (if they follow the Verna 4S pricing)

(Here is where Hyundai India's decision of not offering an i20 Active petrol in the SX trim would actually start to make sense)

Good enough to take on the EcoSport's mid-variants and the Duster in the initial period from launch, at least.

The official teaser TVC of the Hyundai Creta is out, and it's a real appetiser (just like Anshuman's Preview):-

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st July 2015 at 16:18.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 16:02   #62
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the excellent preview Anshuman!

It's good to Hyundai highlighting heavily on the safety aspect. Even though its confined to the top variant, it's still better than the competition. And the new age Hyundai models got a very European feel in its design, and the Creta thankfully follow those sensibilities (except for the overdose of chrome). Looks like Hyundai got a blockbuster in hand, and looking forward to the full-sized review.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 16:37   #63
BHPian

Forgot to ask, are you aware of the color choices?
Recently booked a Verna and the choices seemed very limited from Hyundai. Definitely not a feel good thing.

The ix25 which should be going on sale in the UK comes with DRLs, different alloy wheels and only FWD. And the same engine options as here. It somehow resembled the Kia Sportage (a car I fell in love with). I do not think Hyundai has any plans of introducing an AWD version in the near future.

Update: The “i” in ix25 represents the ‘inspiring, intelligent and innovative’ characteristics of the young generation. Makes me wonder what Creta means!

PS- Even I am unable to rate the threads. Null Pointer error.
Old 1st July 2015, 16:51   #64
BHPian

Quote:
- To limit 'sticker shock'. There's a difference in saying 'the Creta costs between 10 - 14 lakhs' and 'the Creta costs between 10 - 15 lakhs'. 15 lakhs is hitting a psychological barrier (also the reason you see pricing like 9.99 lakhs).
Hyundai should have done it the Ecosport way. Ford didn't provide the AT in the Titanium (O) version either. But they made sure they give 6 airbags with the AT and cut down some stuff like the engine start/stop and keyless entry. Here instead, Hyundai is providing all the bells and whistles minus the additional safety kit.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 17:17   #65
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2015 at 12:42.
sivadeep is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st July 2015, 17:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Must say that the driver's seat height adjustment has a healthy range. You sit higher than in a tallboy hatchback (but certainly not like in a proper SUV).
Is the height adjustment hydraulic, or electric. In comparison with a Ecosport (Hydraulic) or a Duster RXZ (2 step mechanical) where will it fit.

Quote:
For the exterior size of the car, the rear seat is reasonably spacious. Even with the driver's seat adjusted for a 6 footer, I could comfortably sit on the back seat. This is easily amongst the roomiest small SUVs around.
I'm 6'3" and had enough space left over my head. In terms of visibility, shorter passengers will find the outside view to be restricted.
How high is the rear seat from the floor level, Hyundai sedans like Verna have rear seats placed comparatively on the lower side, due to which I find the seating with knee level above the hip level very uncomfortable.

Rahul
Old 1st July 2015, 17:49   #67
BHPian

Am very surprised Hyundai has decided not to offer the AT in the SX(O) trim, that would have just made the deal a lot sweeter for me! Overall, the car does look fantastic and interior fit and finish seems top notch as well. I would definitely love to upgrade to this car. PS - The chrome above the rear number plate looks hideous!
Old 1st July 2015, 19:29   #68
BANNED

Update: The “i” in ix25 represents the ‘inspiring, intelligent and innovative’ characteristics of the young generation. Makes me wonder what Creta means!

I have read somewhere that CRETA is inspired from the "CREATive"

Though the name seems somewhat tongue-twister, sounds weird but still it looks stunning.Eagerly waiting for the prices.
Old 1st July 2015, 20:33   #69
BHPian

Is there confirmation from Hyundai India there won't be an SX (O) for the AT variant or only deduced from the AT cars available for the Media drive? I apologize in advance if this has been clarified earlier.
Old 1st July 2015, 20:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

Excellent preview Anshuman. I read so many previews from across the auto forum. I guess Team BHP separates the men from the boys. Rated Five star for the depth we got.

So after so many pages. What should be the mantra. Book now or wait for the AT top spec. Going by GTO's post, should I wait?Is Hyundai pulling of the Celerio marketing trick?
My Punto which is up for replacement (feeling sad) can wait. She has clocked 70k Kms in 3 years and is actually good for another 70 k.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 21:13   #71
BHPian

First of all wonderful preview by you guys. As always the wait was worth it. Now the wait for the official review is going to be even more painful.

This is my first post here in the community though I have been a keen follower of the forums.

So I thought I should add my two cents to the already uber excited forum on the new creta.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the pics of a hot and stunning creta in red.
This was shared to me by a showroom executive in one of the showrooms here down south.
Luckily got a snap of the interiors also.!
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150701wa0002.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150701wa0001.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150701wa0000.jpg  

bb8778 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 21:31   #72
AWD
BHPian

A small query, is the long bonnet visible from the drivers seat without stretching? Cant be like in Scorp or Storme & usually Bonnets arent visible in Jap or Korean vehicles but still I thought because the "long" bonnet has been mentioned in the preview, so maybe!
Old 1st July 2015, 21:46   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb8778 View Post
First of all wonderful preview by you guys. As always the wait was worth it. Now the wait for the official review is going to be even more painful.

This is my first post here in the community though I have been a keen follower of the forums.

So I thought I should add my two cents to the already uber excited forum on the new creta.
I was lucky enough to get my hands on the pics of a hot and stunning creta in red.
This was shared to me by a showroom executive in one of the showrooms here down south.
Luckily got a snap of the interiors also.!
These pictures have been already posted in the "Caught Testing" thread for the Creta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
A small query, is the long bonnet visible from the drivers seat without stretching? Cant be like in Scorp or Storme & usually Bonnets arent visible in Jap or Korean vehicles but still I thought because the "long" bonnet has been mentioned in the preview, so maybe!
Looking at the last picture in bb8778's picture, I think the bonnet is not visible to the driver.
yjagota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 21:50   #74
BHPian

Thanks for the preview .anshuman. Looks and reads like a winning product from Hyundai. I'm not a technical person so please excuse my ignorance but can features like additional airbags, some other electronics be added as aftermarket fitments from authorized dealers? Assumption here is that provisions for these features would be present, so its just a case of fitting the requisite sensors or other apparatus.
BTW interesting times for car buyers in this space. Maruti just unveiled the S-cross and it looks promising. Alas skips on Suzuki's Allgrip 4WD or an AT box. Those would've just blitzkrieg-ed the space.
Old 1st July 2015, 22:53   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
And Hyundai is building strongly to counter against the main weakness of it's offerings - handling and ride quality. Being a "SUV" with a generous ground clearance, it's heartening to note that the Creta handles well and has it's dynamics well-sorted out. A nice little contribution by Russelsheim, Germany, no doubt.
Hi, I hope you did not miss this part of Anshuman's preview feedback on handling of the Creta.. It is probably not what you've considered the handling is.

Quote:
The road surface was clean. Thus, I had no chance to check out the ride quality or that infamous long wave bounce. For a tall, softly sprung SUV, body control with the ESP on was good. Pushing it harder got a lot of roll, with a heavy amount of lean (especially on the rear axle). This was definitely more than in the EcoSport or Duster. The handling felt predictable, but in no way are the dynamics engaging or fun. It's no Ford EcoSport in this department. The over-servo'ed steering is easy to use. While the EPS has gained weight (compared to earlier Hyundais), it's neither too quick, nor too direct.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed