Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:29   #106
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

The booking numbers quoted by various dealers should be taken with a pinch of salt, I checked up with one of the main dealer in Chennai and they had only 10 bookings and 8 of them were for manual and only 2 for automatic. Here comes the icing, they insisted that Automatic comes in the SX (O) option. I told them can you give it in writing , they backed out. Its a pity that dealers don't make any attempt to educate their staff on the car or their features and folks blindly book them. This dealer was also quoting 1 lac as the initial advance and 3000 for cancellation. I am definitely holding off from booking one. In terms of interior and stability the Scross seems to be better than Creta and the reviews should confirm the same. However I would go for the Scross only if it comes in Automatic and I hope they do come out in a year or two.
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:58   #107
BHPian

I dont know why everyone is comparing the SCross to the Creta. SCross isnt even a mini Suv category. Its a crossover and more like a mini van (small low van) compared to the creta which is a proper mini Suv. Creta should only be compared to its direct rivals ecosport or Duster etc..
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:53   #108
BHPian

Mod Note: Please don't post back-to-back posts with a single photo in each. Read our posting rules carefully before proceeding. Thanks!

Thanks for the preview. I have some more images from my snap-savvy friends in Chennai. You can see the Creta SX CRDI putting up next to the current generation i20 Elite. It does stand fairly taller than the elite. You will definitely not mistake this for any other car.

You can clearly see a taller person is not welcome in the back. The alloys look a lot darker than the preview- this could be easy to maintain I suppose. Notice the lighting element stretched back almost to the A-pillar- this particular design element is now almost in all cars these days irrespective of the segment.

The front looks butch in a mellowed down way in my opinion, but too much of chrome is a killer.

Notice the different shapes of the lighting elements circular, triangular, trapezoidal et all.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-3.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-4.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd July 2015 at 13:00. Reason: Merging back to back posts- refer mod note inline, watermarking images
zavegur is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:14   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
The booking numbers quoted by various dealers should be taken with a pinch of salt, I checked up with one of the main dealer in Chennai and they had only 10 bookings and 8 of them were for manual and only 2 for automatic. Here comes the icing, they insisted that Automatic comes in the SX (O) option. I told them can you give it in writing , they backed out. Its a pity that dealers don't make any attempt to educate their staff on the car or their features and folks blindly book them. This dealer was also quoting 1 lac as the initial advance and 3000 for cancellation. I am definitely holding off from booking one. In terms of interior and stability the Scross seems to be better than Creta and the reviews should confirm the same. However I would go for the Scross only if it comes in Automatic and I hope they do come out in a year or two.
Talking of educating the staff, when I called up both the dealers in Hyderabad to connect with me to Sales Rep to inquire about Creta, the receptionist provided the pre-booking details. And standard responses on the variant and timeline - "we don't have those details from Hyundai yet."

Last edited by noopster : 3rd July 2015 at 10:23. Reason: Typo
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:27   #110
BHPian

The CRETA A/T will also come with an option pack but it wont be same as SX(O). As seen in the discussion, the 17" wheels, side and curtain airbags will be missing I guess.
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:30   #111
BNM
BHPian

Excellent pictures Zavegur. The picture with the elite i20 clearly gives an idea about the size of this vehicle. It appears similar to the dimensions of the duster in terms of width. Wish you had a picture from the front also with both the vehicles. Just to inform everyone on the forum, I have made a pre-booking with 25,000 two weeks ago (I was the 2nd guy with the dealer). Got confirmation from the dealer that AT will be available only in SX yesterday. I will still go ahead with the AT given the Bangalore traffic situation. I already drive a Verna CRDI 1.6 and hope the AT will be a welcome change driving in the KR Puram area.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:49   #112
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Zavegur,Sorry but my quote button is not working.

Thanks for the preview. I have some more images from my snap-savvy friends in Chennai. You can see the Creta SX CRDI putting up next to the current generation i20 Elite. It does stand fairly taller than the elite. You will definitely not mistake this for any other car.

Isn't the I20 on 14 inch wheels and the Creta on 17 inch?

That is a new colour for the Creta. It was introduced on the Grand but later discontinued.

The front looks butch in a mellowed down way in my opinion, but too much of chrome is a killer.

A lot of us will be queuing at the accessories for the base model grill. Uncontrol.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 3rd July 2015 at 11:03.
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:57   #113
Team-BHP Support

Cornering lamp inside the projector headlamp clearly visible, just like the i20 Active.

Name:  3.png
Views: 10817
Size:  602.7 KB
Gannu_1 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:21   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
I dont know why everyone is comparing the SCross to the Creta. SCross isnt even a mini Suv category. Its a crossover and more like a mini van (small low van) compared to the creta which is a proper mini Suv. Creta should only be compared to its direct rivals ecosport or Duster etc..
Just because it doesnt LOOK like a dabba (box) doesnt mean it is not an (mini) suv. Gone are those dabba days of the past.

More or less, they all fall in similar category that overlaps each other - are 5 seater, are compact, are fwd (optional awd).

In some ways they are all taller cars. In some ways they are mini suvs.

Last edited by aerohit : 3rd July 2015 at 11:23.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:51   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavegur View Post

I had compared the overall dimensions of Creta (Given on Autocar preview video) with Audi Q3 (Carwale specs) and both are quite similar. Audi being a bit wider than the former. This itself is reassuring that this car is not small. I always found the Ford Ecosport to be a bit taller for its width but Creta seems to be well proportioned !
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

I had gone to Hyundai dealer in my city. The person concerned said that demo vehicles are expected around 15th July and they have been allotted a total of 9 Cretas but he was not sure about variants. He did tell me that petrol option might not be there as a test drive vehicle nor will there be an AT. Test drives will start after launching of vehicle here which is on 25th for this place. I've asked the salesperson concerned to inform me once the vehicle is here so that I can take a look. He had no idea regarding the variants or other details.
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:33   #117
BHPian

Just got a call back from one of the dealers in Hyderabad. Sales Representative confirmed that the dealer has received the details on Creta variants, colors, and prices options. He offered to share the same later part of the day today. As such I am meeting him in person on Saturday July 4th morning.
jeetaman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:59   #118
BHPian

I think dealers are now making bookings official.
My dealer called up asking me to confirm booking i should pay 1 lakh rs or else the initial sum given my me stands invalid. !!!!!

Do you guys think its worth to pay so much upfront with dealer or should i wait for test drive and pricing details.
Just to add he even said i have to specific which variant i want..
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:14   #119
BHPian

Just crosschecked with my Head Mechanic in Hyundai a.s.s
He confirms that 1.6 crdi AT is one reliable workhorse and gives service upto 2 lakh kms and after that only it needs some maintenance.
Now thats some peace of mind!
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:15   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
I think dealers are now making bookings official.
My dealer called up asking me to confirm booking i should pay 1 lakh rs or else the initial sum given my me stands invalid. !!!!!

Do you guys think its worth to pay so much upfront with dealer or should i wait for test drive and pricing details.
Just to add he even said i have to specific which variant i want..
Can you share what variants are available both in petrol and diesel?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed