Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:33   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The bigger touch screen is also a big miss.
The AVN unit mentioned in the dealer brochure from the S+ variant onwards, is a 5" Touchscreen unit with Navigation.

Except for the 2-inch difference in screen size, it's similar in details, display and functions to the Head Unit of the SX(O).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Thanks RavenAvi. Tried to capture the details in excel sheet - was little confusing but I hope I got it right.
Addition - SX variant gets the same 5" Touchscreen Head Unit with Shark-fin Antenna as the S+ variant.

Also, no coat hooks provided in the SX(O).

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd July 2015 at 20:35.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:43   #137
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The AVN unit mentioned in the dealer brochure from the S+ variant onwards, is a 5" Touchscreen unit with Navigation.

Except for the 2-inch difference in screen size, it's similar in details, display and functions to the Head Unit of the SX(O).

Addition - SX variant gets the same 5" Touchscreen Head Unit with Shark-fin Antenna as the S+ variant.

Also, no coat hooks provided in the SX(O).

Thanks RavenAvi. Going by the attached picture the Avi on the AT optional pack could be 7 inches.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-image.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2015, 20:43   #138
BHPian

Surprised... No alloy wheel and safety features in 1.6 petrol.
Considering the changing ratio of petrol : diesel cars this might not be best move.
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:52   #139
BHPian

Going by the variants it can be easily assumed that top petrol variant SX+ will be cheaper by 2.25 to 2.5 lakh easily compare to diesel SXO variant.
which mean if hyundai position the diesel SXO at 13 lakh than petrol will be around 10.5 lakh which is a very good price as max it will come down to 12 lakh OTR.
Way to go and I am in!!
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:57   #140
Senior - BHPian

Couldn't help but notice more than a passing resemblance to the Infinity FX (whose image I stumbled upon) below <image courtesy Google>
Does this go down like 'Ciaz vs City - which was designed first'?
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-infinity-fx.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2015, 21:47   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Considering the changing ratio of petrol : diesel cars this might not be best move.
Akshat read it again!
You are definitely getting alloy wheels in petrol 16inch instead of 17inch.
If you see it carefully definitely missing side plus curtain but atleast getting 2 front airbags.
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:48   #142
BHPian

Quote:
As per variant information shared by RavenAvi, 1.6 SX+ Petrol variant does get Dual Airbags and Alloy wheels
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:54   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Thanks RavenAvi. Going by the attached picture the Avi on the AT optional pack could be 7 inches.
The AVN Touchscreen Head Unit on the S+, SX, the SX+ and the SX+ AT variants is a 5-inch one.

Only the SX(O) gets the 7-inch AVN Touchscreen Unit.

Except for a screen-size difference of 2 inches, everything else is the same.

Quote:
You missed the 1.6L SX+ Petrol variant (the SX with Option Pack highlighted in a box below, in the SX (GLS) section).

It comes with the following Safety Features:

- 205/65/R16 Clean Silver Alloys,
- Dual Airbags,
- ABS,
- Immobiliser,
- Rear Parking Camera (with Adaptive Guidelines),
- Reverse Parking Sensors,
- Front Fog Lamps,
- Rear Defogger + Timer
- Impact-sensing Auto Door Unlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Going by the variants it can be easily assumed that top petrol variant SX+ will be cheaper by 2.25 to 2.5 lakh easily compare to diesel SXO variant.
which mean if hyundai position the diesel SXO at 13 lakh than petrol will be around 10.5 lakh which is a very good price as max it will come down to 12 lakh OTR.
My birdie tells me that the 1.6L SX+ petrol would be priced below 10 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Prepare to be surprised by the final prices when Hyundai declares them.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:58   #144
RGP
BHPian

Just saw an ad for Creta on TV. Now the buzz will really start.
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:03   #145
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification guys. My mistake probably read in a hurry. If priced around 10. It will certainly be hot seller.

Note from Moderator: Please..don't...type...like...this. Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:20   #146
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
The AVN Touchscreen Head Unit on the S+, SX, the SX+ and the SX+ AT variants is a 5-inch one.
Only the SX(O) gets the 7-inch AVN Touchscreen Unit.
Hats off to you RavenAvi to get the detailed variant details. I thought I had a great relation going with Hyundai because of my 15 year association with them - Santro->Accent->1 gen Verna->Fluidic Verna and also the i20. I still own the Santro, i20 and the fluidic Verna. In spite of being a loyal Hyundaian (same dealer,) I still did not get any information except that the AT would be available only on a SX version. The dealers were so tight lipped in spite of me paying a 25k advance also.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2015 at 22:32. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:54   #147
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, RavenAvi & Simhi!

So there are a total of 10 variants (9 manuals + 1 automatic; 3 petrols + 7 diesels) for the Creta.

The 1.6 litre 123 PS Gamma VTVT 6-speed MT is available in three variants - Base, S, SX+.

The 1.4 litre 90 PS U2 CRDi 6-speed MT is available in three variants - Base, S, S+.

The 1.6 litre 128 PS U2 CRDi 6-speed MT is available in three variants - SX, SX+, SX(O).

The 1.6 litre 128 PS U2 CRDi is also available with a 6-speed AT in one variant - SX+.

Creta comes with 6-speed transmission as standard across the range, be it petrol or diesel, manual or automatic - very nice indeed!

ABS is standard across the entire range; the top SX(O) gets 6 airbags + ABS + ESC + VSM + HAC.

Sadly, airbags are missing on the Base & S variants.

Hyundai should have provided a driver airbag for these variants, or at least for the S.

Quote:
My birdie tells me that the 1.6L SX+ petrol would be priced below 10 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.
I hope both the 1.6 litre petrol SX+ and the 1.4 litre diesel S+ are priced below the 10 lac rupee mark throughout the country.

In many states, the life-time tax slab is higher for an ex-showroom price of above 10 lacs.

Hyundai must be smart in making the on-road price appear reasonable by pricing the six lower variants (that feature the 1.6 petrol & the 1.4 diesel) within the 10 lac rupee mark throughout the country.

I'd say Hyundai have spread out the variants well, except for their stupidity in not providing a driver airbag on the Base & S variants.

I hope the 1.6 diesel AT is also made available in SX(O) trim level at a later stage, and that the AT is also offered with the 1.6 petrol engine later.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd July 2015 at 23:21.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 23:15   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I'd say Hyundai have spread out the variants well (except for the lack of driver airbag on the Base & S variants).
I'd say Hyundai missed a trick by not offering at least a Driver Airbag on the S variant. They can be forgiven for the barebones Base variant (for that dynamite starting price tag and to lure customers into the showrooms), but they should have treated the S variant a bit better.

It's decently loaded - ABS, foglamps, rear defogger, height-adjustable driver's seat, sunglass holder, 5-inch touchscreen Head Unit, rear AC vents - and a driver's airbag (like the Elite i20's Sportz/Sportz(O) variants) could have made the package more appealing. Also, when they can offer a driver airbag on the 4S Verna's S variant, why not the Creta?

Considering the fact that the next variant, S+, is almost loaded to the gills with features AND gets dual airbags as standard, a paying customer shelling out around 9 lacs OTR for the S petrol and around 10 lacs OTR for the S diesel deserves at least one airbag.

I hope they do this correction ASAP. If someone from the company is reading these posts, please take this as an urgent feedback.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd July 2015 at 23:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 23:24   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

I am interested in petrol variant only due to my usage. But I'm more interested in getting safety features like curtain and side airbags. I hope we get a SX-O variant in petrol. Keeping fingers crossed for launch date.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 23:24   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much @RavenAvi for making the spec sheet available. Convey our regards to your birdie. I learn (from the booking thread) that you have booked a Creta too.

Overall, I think Hyundai has done a really good job of packaging the different variants. However, non-availability of certain features on certain variants is a disappointment for many. I, for one, have booked an AT variant which is only available in the SX+ variant. Would certainly miss the safety features on the SXO variant and those 17" alloys with bigger tyres. Will have to check if dealers would be willing to help upgrade to the bigger wheels.

With the specifications out, I guess it is just the pricing that we are waiting for. I am hopeful Hyundai would not disappoint. Hope the lack of features on certain variants translates to competitive pricing. Will wait and see.
over.drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed