Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 17:00   #16
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Drive Experience
We had the SX variant which didn't have ESP, 6 airbags (only 2 at the front) or 17" rims (205/65 R16 instead). It seems unlikely that the AT will be available in the SX(O) trim level.
Were there other differences that you made note of ? Materials ? Leather vs Fabric ? Does the Zigwheel reporting of the SX Auto and the SX manual having different spec sheets hold true ? And to what extent ? Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 17:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Fit & finish seem to be directly lifted from a segment above. This is an interior which won't look out of place even in the Santa Fe. A word of advice to Duster owners - don't check out this cabin. It might cause you heartburn .

An excellent appetizer before the official review.

I sincerely hope all at Renault sees the interiors of this car and updates as quickly as possible, else Renault itself is in for a heartburn.

Hyundai has another winner, after the i20 and am sure to see many of these on the road.
arunkumarsarat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 17:40   #18
BHPian

Expected price of Diesel with ESP and Airbags to be around Rs 14 Lacs ?

Looks like another winner from Hyundai.

Honda is getting late with the BRV. So is Tata with the Nexon.
Post the Creta, i don't think Indian customers would be looking forward to the Tata Nexon at all.

With Maruti Crossover and Hyundai Creta around, Duster is going to struggle on the sales charts for sure.

Ironically , a teambhp preview is still far better than many comprehensive reviews from other forums and magazines.
Hats off to moderator team for maintaining high standards.

Last edited by madhu33 : 30th June 2015 at 17:44.
madhu33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 17:41   #19
BHPian

Wow great first impressions preview and thanks a bunch.

A few queries from my side,

1. Does the door pads/ dashboard have leather inserts/ stitching like seen in luxury cars.

2. Curious to know about the instrument cluster display - whether its a normal two colour display as seen in the verna or a better display as seen in the santafe with service reminder and other such info.

3. Any confirmation about the already suspicious cruise control

4. Are the front seat backs scooped to give more rear legroom.

5. Is the boot intrusion free from the shocks of the rear wheels.
Old 30th June 2015, 17:42   #20
BHPian

Awesome report anshuman!!

I just wish Maruti too had planned for such event for their upcoming S-Cross and no doubt many including me will be keenly looking at a short comparison between diesel variants of 1.6 Creta and 1.6 S-Cross.
Quote:
It's not just the clean design, but also the sheer quality of materials here. Fit & finish seem to be directly lifted from a segment above. This is an interior which won't look out of place even in the Santa Fe. A word of advice to Duster owners - don't check out this cabin. It might cause you heartburn .
Personally I am pretty much impressed by the sheer interior quality and fit & finish which Hyundai has been providing in its cars. Perhaps it may not be wrong to term Hyundai has set the benchmark when it comes to quality and fit & finish.

Looking at the hype Hyundai has created around Creta, I won`t be surprised if Creta sets the sales chart on fire like how Hyundai did it with Verna when it was released initially. I just hope Hyundai has worked on its ride and handling department, if so then enthusiasts like us will be more happy than anyone.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 30th June 2015 at 17:58.
DragonHawk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 18:11   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Lovely review. Surely this will be a big hit because of the truly excellent kit levels and safety features etc, all at a nice acceptable price point.
Yes, the Duster had better watch it!
I wish though that all these Manufacturers would seriously bring in the AWD versions too, early enough in the product's lifecycle in this country! I am also slightly disappointed that they haven't given the 60:40 rear seat split. Also, does this vehicle have fully removable rear seats, to free up luggage space?
A few questions:
1. How do you rate ride comfort of the Creta vs Duster vs Yeti?
2. Since you say the equipment and trim and interiors feel premium, how does this vehicle compare overall with the Yeti?
3. Can you share the size specs of the vehicle?
4. Would you compare it favourably against say the Audi Q3? I know they belong to two different classes but this might well be the beginning of a revolution here - with vehicles like the Creta even taking some market share away from these base level trimmed premium segment vehicles.
5. Lastly how would you compare it size wise and trim wise to the erstwhile Tucson?

I really am keenly awaiting the official review whenever it comes out!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 18:25   #22
BHPian

A Top Notch Preview!! A winner no doubt , but wonder why Hyundai is not including the AWD version.
It would have done well against the 4×4 Duster. Well hope sense prevails & they launch the 4×4 version too!!
rdhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 18:43   #23
BHPian

Excellent Initial Preview Anshuman.
It could be really great if you can provide some information about "Famous" steering effect if Hyundai in Creta. Is it still dead like Hyundai other's car?
Also, any particular reason for not offering SX(O) for AT?
chaudharysaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 18:56   #24
BHPian

Great Preview.
Sad to hear that NO safety features on the Top End AT version. Does Hyundai meant to say that people who opt for AT don't care for life? AWD too is missing (good to have feature). Hope they will launch in next version of same.

Eagerly waiting for the full Review of Creta and SCross. Good times ahead for people looking for butch vehicles.

Duster/Terrano, time to reduce the prices drastically and increase the quality.
kozhissery is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 19:01   #25
@KP
BHPian

What's with this new trend of launching the AT in the trim just below the top-end and not in absolute top-end ?

Even Honda is doing the same with Jazz
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 19:26   #26
BHPian

Great Preview.
Creta definitely ticks all the boxes expected from a Hyundai.
Looks- Yes
Engine Options - Yes
Features - Yes
Quality and Interior design- Yes.

If they price it right, we could see a huge chuck of pie moving to the Creta. And the sufferers would not only be Ecosport, Duster, Terrano, Scorpio, Safari and XUV, but also City, Vento, Verna and possibly even D Segment cars.

And though TATA named the Safari as Storme, Creta is a much more likely candidate to cause a Storm in the market.

Eagerly waiting for the prices to be announced.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 19:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

This must be the most awaited launch for quite a while now. Thanks for such a detailed preview. How heavy is the Creta I wonder (in comparison with the Duster and Ecosport). Did you get that feeling of solidity (or does it feel relatively lightweight)?
Old 30th June 2015, 19:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
This is only a preview. A full Team-BHP Official Review will follow once..
Thanks for the details! Puts to rest quite a few will-be-there, won't-be-there rumours. E.g.: reach adjustment for the steering is missing.

Is cruise control being offered in any of the variants?

Last edited by vinjosep : 30th June 2015 at 19:44.
Old 30th June 2015, 20:34   #29
BHPian

Thanks Anshuman for the preview before the official launch. I just sold my 1st generation 2009 i20 CRDi. It was a fantastic experience driving i20 both in the city as well as on highways. It clocked 72500km couple of weeks back. I had been following various reviews online and heard nothing negative so far. I am absolutely looking forward to the Creta launch. Plan-B is New Age XUV 500 (I understand no comparison though).
jeetaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2015, 21:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
4. Would you compare it favourably against say the Audi Q3? I know they belong to two different classes but this might well be the beginning of a revolution here - with vehicles like the Creta even taking some market share away from these base level trimmed premium segment vehicles.
Even I was wondering the same! If the quality and size is almost close, then only the brand pull will get buyers to the Q3
Closed Thread

Most Viewed