Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 12:50   #766
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Duster will survive because it is anyway priced lower plus huge discounts. The Terrano is going to be hit BADLY!
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:50   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
The prices are way off from what was speculated. For all the bashing Autocar received for the leaked pricelist they were actually the ones who got it right (and not the various birdies floating around here and there!)

Maruti and Renault can breathe easy a little bit. Although I do feel the Creta still offers a decent value at these prices. Unlimited km warranty and auto diesel might still do the trick for Hyundai.
The Duster 110 RXZ is about 14.5L on-road in Pune and it looks like the Creta will be about the same price. I'd gladly pay even slightly more for the better interiors and the peace-of-mind of Hyundai's A.S.S.
vivtho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:52   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I have called up my dealer and requested for cancellation, sorry Hyundai you have lost the plot here. 16 plus for an automatic is way too much for not a fully loaded SUV.
I agree with you totally on this. I mean over 16L for an automatic, without all the bells and whistles.

Looks like they weren't really looking at selling the AT.
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:52   #769
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Top end diesel to top end diesel, the Creta costs a lakh more than the Duster. I think it's totally worth it. You get a far more modern car (Duster is based on the old Logan), interior quality that's 2 - 3 levels better, way more equipment, more power, refinement, ergonomics etc. Hyundais are also more reliable and offer a superior after-sales experience.

Of course, it's a different matter that the Duster is already premium priced. But the Creta is definitely worth a lakh more than the Duster. Where the Duster feels cheap & old, the Creta is premium & contemporary.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2015 at 12:53.
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:53   #770
Senior - BHPian

Here's the TVC of the Creta!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 21st July 2015 at 12:54.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:53   #771
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Latest Update :- The cars which will be arriving at all Hyundai dealerships nation-wide by July 15th for showroom display, immediate post-launch first-batch deliveries, demo purposes and Test Drives, are the following variants:

1.6 SX(O) Diesel,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel,
1.6 SX Diesel,
1.6 SX+ Petrol &
1.6 S Petrol.

Tentative pricing for the same, sent by Hyundai India to all dealerships, is:

1.6 SX(O) Diesel = 11.46 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel = 11.41 lakhs,
1.6 SX Diesel = 9.74 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ Petrol = 9.45 lakhs,
1.6 S Petrol = 8.08 lakhs.

All prices, ex-showroom Kolkata.

Expect marginal pricing differences (5K-10K) across all variants when final prices are disclosed on the day of the launch, but the pricing will be almost on these lines.

Source - Birdie

- Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Team-BHP app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Introductory Prices announced (Ex-Showroom in Delhi)

Petrol 1.6 -
L - 8.59 L
S - 9.57 L
S+ - 11.19 L

Diesel 1.4
L - 9.46 L
S - 10.42 L
S+ - 11.45 L

Diesel 1.6 -
SX - 11.59 L
SX+ - 12.67 L
SX (O) - 13.6 L
SX+ (Automatic) - 13.57 L

Off by a bit, and some more isn't it? Quite frankly, this isn't a pricing that should be surprising. The car gives a little more than the comparison, specially the Duster. Hyundai clearly wanted to go ahead and target that bull. However, I do think that atleast half of that "15000 bookings in 20 days" will be wiped off in half those days.

The car isn't atrociously priced, but there is definitely the Scorpio that makes better sense if someone needs a SUV. Having said that, Creta makes sense for someone with a small family and only the urban traffic to contend with.

Its not a thumbs - up, not a thumbs - down either. Predicting 2000-2500 a month in sales, once the hoopla of the new kid in the block settles down.
methecupid is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:56   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivtho View Post
The Duster 110 RXZ is about 14.5L on-road in Pune and it looks like the Creta will be about the same price. I'd gladly pay even slightly more for the better interiors and the peace-of-mind of Hyundai's A.S.S.
No, the duster is actually a whole lakh cheaper. You get the RxZ AWD ath the price of Creta SX(o). I feel they bungled up the pricing by a lakh.

Last edited by Whichcarnow : 21st July 2015 at 13:08.
Whichcarnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:56   #773
Distinguished - BHPian

Not at all happy with the prices. Now I need to see what are the actual prices in my town and why was I given a list with so less prices. Infact what I see is that the OTR prices that I was given are in reality the ex-showroom prices. Dejected.
I think the wait continues because by the time I plan to go for it in next 6 months, these introductory prices would have vanished. I'm sorry guys for my earlier price post. I think the dealer wanted to get more bookings with a rider of cancellation charges of 10K . Good that I did not book.

And if I have to stretch that much, I might as well stretch more and look at Scorpio or XUV.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 21st July 2015 at 13:24.
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:58   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Adding some more spice to the price speculation
Lets compare Duster/Terrano (which happens to be the primary target) and Creta.

Duster Petrol Ex-Showroom price is I believe 8.3(which recently got reduced to 7.9) in Bangalore. Now Creta also comes with 1.6L and is above 4 metre, which means does not qualify for excise cut. So both are even. Creta gets more equipment. So a slight premium over Duster is acceptable. Unless Hyundai wants to launch with introductory price tag, it ain't going to undercut Duster.

Diesel Creta also should cost more than Duster, but 1.4 qualifies for excise cut. Hence additional feature gets compensated by duty cut. But if Creta Petrol is say 8.0 lacs ex-showroom, base diesel should be at least 8.9.

Terrano has unrealistic prices. So unless Hyundai is overconfident, I don't expect Creta to be priced anywhere closer.
Terrano is going to be the most impacted. They will have to Google their customers.

Ecosport would also face the heat, though to smaller extent as it would be minimum of 1.5 lacs cheaper than Creta.
So my guestimates were almost there . What do we take from the Creta pricing?
1. Ecosport with 2lac cheaper price tag is going to be the least affected among C-SUV.
2. Duster will still attract good amount of buyers.
3. Terrano is the one which will have to Google for customers.
4. I can see a lot of prospective Creta buyers moving to Ecosport/Duster. Some even might consider i20 Active/Jazz or any other sedan.

While Creta is top notch in terms of interiors/features, at a significant cheaper price tag Ecosport seems lot more VFM. Duster with its rugged look,proven reliability will still manage beat Creta and win some of the customers.

By the way what is the GC and boot space for Creta? Guess Hyundai forgot to measure.
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 12:59   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Top end diesel to top end diesel, the Creta costs a lakh more than the Duster. I think it's totally worth it. You get a far more modern car (Duster is based on the old Logan), interior quality that's 2 - 3 levels better, way more equipment, more power, refinement, ergonomics etc. Hyundais are also more reliable and offer a superior after-sales experience.

Of course, it's a different matter that the Duster is already premium priced. But the Creta is definitely worth a lakh more than the Duster. Where the Duster feels cheap & old, the Creta is premium & contemporary.
Bull's eye Bang on GTO !! Even imagining that Creta would be cheaper than Duster/terrano/ecosport was far fetched. Creta would be anyday more polished and refined car than Duster. And I would gladly pay a premium for creta over duster.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:00   #776
BHPian

Eco Sport and Duster will be having lunch party today it seems.

At these prices, I would rather go for refreshed XUV 5OO base model...!
akash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:00   #777
Distinguished - BHPian

I am very, very disappointed by this outcome in the end.

The pricing is almost a lakh over, variant-to-variant, than what I had thought of.

When the official communique had clearly stated 6,58,000 ex-factory for the S petrol, why did the Hyundai management jack up the prices so steeply in the end? Too much overconfidence can kill a product, specially upon it's launch, and doesn't Hyundai know this?

The paying customer has to shell out close to 12 lakhs for the S diesel which doesn't even have even a driver's airbag?? Come on, Hyundai India!!

Again, an excellent product is shot down due to sheer rashness and stupidity on the pricing part by it's company. Now, the Creta is doomed to face the fate which the Fiesta did during it's launch. No amount of price corrections can fix this.

I am right in the middle of finalising the process, and now I don't know whether to proceed or back out. I have asked the dealership for a few moments to ponder over everything, and have come back, bitterly disappointed!
RavenAvi is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:00   #778

1.6 SX+ AT in Hyderabad would be about 16L on road . Cancelling my booking. My expectation was approx 14.5 Lacs. It seems overwhelming pre-launch response made them greedy.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:01   #779
BHPian

At first glance, I am disappointed with the pricing. Called up the dealer in Hyderabad, they are still working out the OTR pricing and he didn't share the numbers. Anyways, I will go for the 5PM launch show and figure out my next course of action. Sigh!!!
Old 21st July 2015, 13:01   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Off by a bit, and some more isn't it?
Actually, off by a long shot.

Now coming to the absolute prices, I think they are "worth it + a tad expensive". But, when did the brands deliver the pricing that masses hope for? For the features, interior quality, safety equipment on top variant, capable Diesel engine, excellent looks, acceptable after sales and service, relative inexpensive parts and labour.

Last edited by petrolveins : 21st July 2015 at 13:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed