Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2015, 05:41   #676
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Completed my final test drive today, earlier in the afternoon.
Thanks RavenAvi for all the timely information. You really have added the most value to this thread.

While creta seems to be a phenomenal product, I am stumped to see no leather on the steering wheel in any variant except the SX(O). Leather is the norm now days and all of Hyundai's model lineup offers it from at least the Mid model onward.
I wanted to get your perspective as you've seen the cars up close. Does the steering wheel feel rough, plastic and hard to hold in the non leather variants?
Is there a workaround to get it in OEM leather?
Thanks
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 06:37   #677
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

So if this thing has been launched where is our Official Review?
Cant wait for it. Would love to know more from the experts - especially if the said experts would be so very kind as to do a quick comparo of the Creta with the Audi Q3 and the Skoda Yeti and other similar vehicles which might be a class or two higher but which offer similar look, feel and features.
Old 20th July 2015, 07:16   #678
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Cant wait for it. Would love to know more from the experts - especially if the said experts would be so very kind as to do a quick comparo of the Creta with the Audi Q3 and the Skoda Yeti and other similar vehicles which might be a class or two higher but which offer similar look, feel and features.

Hold fire. Creta launch is tomorrow at 12pm. Probably Ravenavi will get his delivery tomorrow and probably a detail write up on Wednesday.
We would probably have to wait for our Official review at least for a week.
Mods: the earlier the better. Lot of buy decisions will be based on our official review. We don't want be in a never ending queue. I can't believe what's happening to us with this Creta.Stupid!

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 20th July 2015 at 07:44.
Old 20th July 2015, 08:37   #679
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the brochure, Hyundai simply are missing a trick with a petrol AT. For the Urban commuter with limited usage, diesel AT simply doesn't make sense. Just hope it's in the pipeline.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 09:06   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
While, I am very much reminded of the hype and excitement that accompanied the launch of the EcoSport, what I don't understand it that with all these cars at the dealers, stockyard, and all, why is there not a single proper review of the car so far?

What is amiss? Wouldn't it be proper to allow the journos to do a proper test drive of the car and post comprehensive reviews of their findings?

While the car is a looker, without a proper test drive, it would be premature, at best, to reach a proper conclusion. All these pictures and views are like looking at a brochure of Caribbean cruise tour.
Quote:
That is what I have been clamoring for. And especially the comparison between the Creta and Audi Q3, Skoda Yeti, BMW X1, X3 and the like. I, for one, am really interested in how it handles, rides, and how premium this one feels vis-a-vis the above-mentioned cars.
Old 20th July 2015, 09:22   #681
BHPian

The level of anticipation and excitement that Hyundai has generated for the Creta is a testament to how far they have come! They now undoubtedly command a solid amount of trust and respect in the minds of us Indian customers ...

I remember being absolutely shocked at the level of improvement between the quality of the Grand i10 and the first-generation i10 - both of which I bought for my mother about 5 years apart.

That's the reason I'm getting my brand-new silver SX(O) Diesel Creta this week - Great going Hyundai!

Last edited by Eddy : 20th July 2015 at 10:25. Reason: Extra Smiley removed
mr.kaybee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 09:58   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kaybee View Post

That's the reason I'm getting my brand-new silver SX(O) Diesel Creta this week - Great going Hyundai!
Hey mr.kaybee I think you are just about new to this forum as the Creta to the market. So welcome on board and please see the forum rules on the number of smileys per post.

Congrats on your decision on going with possibly the most premium 'Compact SUV' to be launched in India soon. Please post your observations, experience, etc that will surely help many other prospective buyers
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 10:13   #683
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Great inputs as always RavenAvi. Thanks for comparing the diesel and petrol engines - was exactly what I was looking for.

If you were to recommend a motor, with price not being an issue, what would you suggest? I have been a petrol driver since I began driving 15 years ago, and my requirements don't really merit a diesel engine, but for some reason I feel the torquey diesel will do more justice to the bigger car that the Creta is. Also, diesel cars because of the turbo, seem at times more exciting a drive.

So far, I am tilting towards the diesel - mainly because of the SX(O) option, any inputs from your end?
If Driving pleasure is your main requirement go for the Diesel. I am telling this from my 9 years of Driving the Verna Diesel. The first gen Verna CRDI was a bad boy and used to push you back in your seats when the turbo kicked in. The fluidic CRDI on the other hand is well behaved and has a linear acceleration but it is still joyful with the abundant torque when you need it. In slow moving traffic it is just the clutch and the brake - no accelerator required like in the petrol Verna. Try this to experience the torque during TD - like a parking lot in a mall. Slot it in 1st gear and just hold the clutch lightly. The vehicle will move up the incline effortlessly even with all passengers on board without using the accelerator. Pure joy to experience the torque.

Last edited by BNM : 20th July 2015 at 10:28. Reason: spelling correction
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 10:19   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
If you were to recommend a motor, with price not being an issue, what would you suggest?
The 1.6L diesel, absolutely.

But let me tell you, the 1.6L petrol is no slouch. The pickup in lower gears is really addictive, and the smoothness in the 3rd gear is to be experienced to be believed. I would whole-heartedly recommend the petrol to anyone whose monthly running is less than 1000 kms per month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjagota View Post
I will not call pricing i20 Top end diesel model @9.5 Lacs and Santa Fe @34 Lacs, sensible by any standard.
True that, but now that the Jazz V & VX diesels are out with those atrocious prices, the Elite i20 Asta diesel actually doesn't feel overpriced anymore. Add that to a long feature list + a dynamite 1.4L diesel with 220 Nm on tap!

The Santa Fe was overpriced right from it's launch. They should have lowered the price by at least 4-5 lakhs, if not more. The car simply doesn't feel like a 30L+ car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
I for one, was hoping for brighter shades. Apart from the Red, none of the shades are a stand out.
You really, really need to see the White Creta in person. It's the best shade and suits the SUV to the T.

IMO, the Red pales in comparison to the White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Does the steering wheel feel rough, plastic and hard to hold in the non leather variants?
Is there a workaround to get it in OEM leather?
The steering wheel is not as chunky as say, a Honda City's. That being said, it's not rough or plasticky at all. It's very smooth and the quality of plastics used is more than decent.

You can always go to the accessory shops and get it done in leather. Not sure if OEM leather cover is available as an accessory yet.

Quote:
The Creta launches tomorrow at 12 Noon, Shankar. Please see the previous page for details.

Not sure if Team-BHP (or any website for that matter) has got their hands on the SUV for a full-blown road test & review yet - the only time the Creta was handed over to the automotive press was during the Media Drive late last month.

As for comparisons, it feels completely like a mini version of the Q3. Hyundai has worked hard on the looks and in the riding/handling department, and I can say this with some confidence - this is their best attempt at riding manners in a Hyundai car in their entire lineup.

It exudes premium quality as well, like most Hyundai offerings. Look around inside the SX(O) and you won't feel short-changed. If Hyundai can combine that with a shocker of a price come tomorrow, I expect a LONG waiting list for the Creta in the days to come.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th July 2015 at 10:45.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 10:29   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
If the pricing is too high, people might discover that Duster is not that bad afterall other than the interior and features Renault might add them and make it interesting with a 4x4 on offer.
If they are around the same price, I will choose the Duster AWD any day. Nothing smothers the (bad) Indian roads the way the Duster AWD can ! It is also fully loaded with safety features, so Creta has no advantage there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Petrol SX+ at 11.79 lakhs would be crazy price. I hope they are wrong again.
For that ex-showroom price, the EcoSport AT or the EcoBoost Titatium + makes sense any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Will reserve judgement till I see and drive it myself.
Bingo ! Something that should have been a slam dunk case, now has become a "wait and watch and see" case for me. These "pricing closer to launch" phenomenon reminds anyone of the merchant/investment bankers (no disrespect meant) and the capital markets, where the issuer struggles between greed (maximum issue price) and reason (long term sustainable price) till the very last moment?

Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 10:42   #686
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
As for comparisons, it feels completely like a mini version of the Q3. Hyundai has worked hard on the looks and in the riding/handling department, and I can say this with some confidence - this is their best attempt at riding manners in a Hyundai car in their entire lineup.

It exudes premium quality as well, like most Hyundai offerings. Look around inside the SX(O) and you won't feel short-changed. If Hyundai can combine that with a shocker of a price come tomorrow, I expect a LONG waiting list for the Creta in the days to come.
I am as excited as you are to get my AT version in the first lot. I saw the Creta live and the fit and finish in the sub 20 lac segment is excellent. But comparing with Q3's premium ness is a bit extreme. Even the Santa Fe is no match for the Q3's interiors. Ironically a Q3 was parked in front of the dealer when I went to see the Creta. I said to my wife that I am getting a similar vehicle for almost 1/3 rd the price and she wouldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes continuously
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 11:31   #687
BHPian

Just read Mahindra scorpio has launched AT for both 2WD and 4WD at great prices. You think this can affect the minds of prospective AT buyers of Creta ?
Old 20th July 2015, 11:56   #688
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for this very detailed feedback. I have a question.

Quote:
- Riding comfort is absolutely top-notch. Small undulations and holes are dismissed without a fuss.
Would you say the ride comfort is superior to that of the Renault Dusters?
Old 20th July 2015, 12:02   #689
BHPian

Hi everyone,

First post on this forum although I have been a follower for some years now. I would like an insight from fellow members here regarding this 1.6 Diesel engine from the Verna.

I have always driven petrols ranging from 800 to 6000cc for the last 15 years. The only time I have ever tried a diesel was in an old Indica and more recently just tried my friend's punto. Indica was horrible experience but the Fiat was quite fun for the 15 mins I tried it. Liked the torque as I like to rev petrol engines a lot. But the clutch was still not as smooth as a petrol for short shifting. Maybe I need more experience on a diesel tranny.

I have already booked the Creta in Delhi but I am still undecided on the motor & variant. I would have loved to get the Petrol Sx(O) but I don't want to wait for another year hoping for the same so I have swayed towards the Diesel motor solely for this reason. I only do max 1k per month in travel but I am getting this car in hopes of going for more long travels with my family in the coming years. Any one wants to share their experience with both engines please give me advice. Just would like to add that I am what I consider a car enthusiast and enjoy driving however long regardless traffic conditions. Sorry if I have gotten off topic in any regard.
Old 20th July 2015, 12:19   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjagota View Post
I will not call pricing i20 Top end diesel model @9.5 Lacs and Santa Fe @34 Lacs, sensible by any standard. Specially Santa Fe. It is a very capable vehicle but Hyundai is charging a premium of atleast 3-4 Lacs for this vehicle. Had it been priced sensibly, if not killed, it would definitively have given Fortuner a run for it's money (which is overpriced by a hefty premium itself).
The Creta is expected to top off around 14L ex showroom for the diesel, according to a discussion i had with someone in the know.

Also, this link has 'leaked' prices, which are in the vicinity : http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-396308.aspx

It will likely compete with the Duster and the Terrano from the looks of it, since the Ecosport is 13L OTR Bangalore for the diesel top model
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks