Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 19:06   #526
BHPian

Got a call from Pramukh Hyundai today informing me that the delivery of my automatic creta is expected to take 5 months. I informed them that I had pre booked almost a month ago. To which the executive replied with a "so what, you have only paid a booking amount of 25000". I get the feeling that dealers are all gearing up for some out of turn allotments. The same happenned with the Ecosport. I wish global companies have a system in place to ensure transparency and not let it become a money making racket!!
ABbaby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 19:39   #527
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
Got a call from Pramukh Hyundai today informing me that the delivery of my automatic creta is expected to take 5 months. I informed them that I had pre booked almost a month ago. To which the executive replied with a "so what, you have only paid a booking amount of 25000". I get the feeling that dealers are all gearing up for some out of turn allotments. The same happenned with the Ecosport. I wish global companies have a system in place to ensure transparency and not let it become a money making racket!!

I am seeing the same here as well, Kun Hyundai in Hyderabad refused to take my booking if I didn't cough out 1L. And while I was booking with Talwar with 50K, I was coldly asked to go the counter on first floor and pay. No SA or anybody assisted me. Already getting a feeling that Hyundai dealers are competing with Skoda / VW in customer service and are very close to beating them. I am preparing myself to patiently accept the mandatory over-priced Insurance and the overpriced essential pack, which I am sure they will push.
Old 16th July 2015, 19:56   #528
BHPian

You always have the option to pull out of the deal. Looks like some dealers are taking the customers for granted looking at the good response and positive buzz. And out of turn allotments are nothing new. Every dealer does that
Old 16th July 2015, 20:54   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Wow RavenAvi. That was pretty fast. Congrats and wish you a wonderful time with the Creta
Thank you. I hope so as well. Here's to finger-crossing and wishing that it doesn't come with a bunch of niggles like my 2014 Honda City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
any idea what the turning radius of Creta is?
No official figures yet, but from what I judged from driving it around, it's close to the Elite i20's figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Congratulations RavenAvi! Can't wait for your ownership review! Which variant and colour are you going for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Thanks Sir. Are you buying the AT Or SX(o) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Raven, you are now officially our Go To guy for the Creta hence calling you "Creta Man". Please provide us the version / colour you have booked.
Thank you.

I had booked it way back on May 20th, when the car wasn't even called the Creta! LINK

Initially my booking was for the petrol top-variant in Silver, but now after much careful deliberation on all factors, I have shifted to 1.6L SX+ Diesel.

No preference in colors - I like most of them except the Star Dust. Will choose one when the lot lands at the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Also based on the Insurance Quote and the pricing provided to you by the dealer, can you please post the price differential variant to variant? I will for the moment not insist on ex showroom prices for each variant.
Haven't received their email regarding the quotation and RTO/Insurance breakup yet, but if you go through my post from 6th July (LINK) & BoneCollector's post some pages back (LINK), it will give you an exact idea about all pricings and variations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
Got a call from Pramukh Hyundai today informing me that the delivery of my automatic creta is expected to take 5 months. I informed them that I had pre booked almost a month ago. To which the executive replied with a "so what, you have only paid a booking amount of 25000".
Tell them to give you in writing that they won't deliver your Creta AT before 5 months just because you paid only Rs. 25,000 as booking amount. After you get that in writing from them, tell them that you are going to email everyone at Hyundai India about this whole matter, and you will add their written note and your booking receipt as scanned copies to the email. Additionally, tell them that you will post this on Facebook, all social media, and on all official Hyundai India's webpages in turn, even send Rakesh Shrivastava a copy!

See how they change their tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
Kun Hyundai in Hyderabad refused to take my booking if I didn't cough out 1L. And while I was booking with Talwar with 50K, I was coldly asked to go the counter on first floor and pay. No SA or anybody assisted me.
Don't accept anything. They are not doing a favor by allotting you a car instead the customer privileges them by buying one! Get insurance quotes from outside and tell them to match it, if not you can go outside and get insurance. Don't fall for their tactics, else they will twist your arm and get things done their way.

If you get more attitude, tell them that you have a relative who works in the press and is privy to most of the leading newspapers in India. Tell them that you have a picture of their dealership and all their personnel, and you will go to your relative and ensure that this matter gets printed in the next day's papers.

The more high-handedness the dealers show, the more you have to stand up and fight for yourself. Too bad that some dealers are resorting to such cheap tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
You always have the option to pull out of the deal. Looks like some dealers are taking the customers for granted looking at the good response and positive buzz. And out of turn allotments are nothing new. Every dealer does that.
+1. It's done by all dealers of all car companies across India. More so when there's a fresh launch with plenty of positive buzz coming through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Why cant Hyundai make a public announcement informing the booking amount with XXXX/- instead of leaving it to the dealers to decide?
Unofficial bookings started about 2 months back with an amount ranging between Rs.40,000 - Rs.50,000, according to region.

Official bookings started some 3 weeks back, with an official announcement from Hyundai India that the booking amount would be Rs.25,000/-.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th July 2015 at 21:08. Reason: Added reply to mrbaddy.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 20:56   #530
BHPian

Talking about the dealership attitude, can they insist on financing only through their affiliated private banks? And what about insurance? Can they insist on buying it from them?
Old 16th July 2015, 20:58   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Only 3 low variants are priced below 10L, and cities like Hyderabad this is a crucial threshold, beyond which road-taxed increase to 12%.
As far as I know, the default road tax for cars is 12% in Hyderabad and if ex-showroom price crosses 10L, then it will increase to 14%.

Quote:

I am seeing the same here as well, Kun Hyundai in Hyderabad refused to take my booking if I didn't cough out 1L. And while I was booking with Talwar with 50K, I was coldly asked to go the counter on first floor and pay. No SA or anybody assisted me. Already getting a feeling that Hyundai dealers are competing with Skoda / VW in customer service and are very close to beating them. I am preparing myself to patiently accept the mandatory over-priced Insurance and the overpriced essential pack, which I am sure they will push.
I visited Kun Hyundai Madhapur, Hyderabad two times in the last 30 days and the interactions with the sales guys is not encouraging. When I went there first time, I left my number asking them to call me when they start accepting bookings. There is no call till now. Two days ago, I stopped by the showroom to enquire about Creta. Three guys were available at the reception and they didn't seem keen enough to cash in on my interest in the car. One guy says 50K as booking amount immediately corrected by another person mentioning it as 1L. Apart from these visits, I never visited a Hyundai showroom earlier. But based on these two visits, I'm a bit surprised that Hyundai is rated high for sales & service experience among our forum. I know the sample size is too small to form an opinion. I'm planning to visit Lakshmi Hyundai to see if they show any improvement to my Kun Hyundai's experience.

I have to admit, that I'm still undecided whether to go for a car booking now or wait till this year end, so not showing that much interest myself in visiting dealers or following up with them.

Why cant Hyundai make a public announcement informing the booking amount with XXXX/- instead of leaving it to the dealers to decide?
Old 16th July 2015, 21:17   #532
BHPian

This is something I've noticed with Hyundai dealers in Hyderabad, both KUN & Talwar. Ask them about the fast selling vehicles like i20, i10 and going to be another fast selling Creta and there won't be much entusiaism from them but ask about the slow moving ones like the i20 active, Xcent, Verna and they'll eagerly let you in on the details and offers too if you bargain. The cold responce because they know that if one customer doesn't buy their hot selling cars there will be a dozen ones lined for the same. I got calls from them for the Xcent & Verna but not a sqeak about the i20 which was reason I went to them in the first place.

Congratulations for the all new owners of the Creta, seems like one awesome machine to own. Awaiting some ownership reviews.

Last edited by tjacob : 16th July 2015 at 21:19.
Old 16th July 2015, 21:29   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

I am in line for the delivery (1st Creta delivery of my dealership) on either the day of launch (July 21st) itself, or the 22nd. My car has been dispatched from the Chennai factory yesterday, and it will take 6 days to reach here.

The Creta is not a perfect 10/10 car by any means, but it ticks the most boxes for my requirements,
@RavenAvi - Should I call you Mr. Creta - Imagine a Hyundai dealer calling me and asking if I can show the details of this thread.

Congrats and wish you million trouble free miles of ownership

I like the statement you have made - From my test drives of many cars it is difficult to find a car that complies with all requirement like excellent handling , VFM and relatively trouble free ownership

I own an Accent CRDi and is close 1.2 lakh kms - Except suspension and clutch all of it is still original and drives like a charm. My service experience with Hyundai (Trident Hyundai in this case) has been almost a dream.

Eagerly waiting to test drive it to find out how good it is

Keep posting information as you always did
csateesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 21:38   #534
BNM
BHPian

Quote:

Tell them to give you in writing that they won't deliver your Creta AT before 5 months just because you paid only Rs. 25,000 as booking amount. After you get that in writing from them, tell them that you are going to email everyone at Hyundai India about this whole matter, and you will add their written note and your booking receipt as scanned copies to the email. Additionally, tell them that you will post this on Facebook, all social media, and on all official Hyundai India's webpages in turn, even send Rakesh Shrivastava a copy!

Unofficial bookings started about 2 months back with an amount ranging between Rs.40,000 - Rs.50,000, according to region.

Official bookings started some 3 weeks back, with an official announcement from Hyundai India that the booking amount would be Rs.25,000/-.
As per Hyundai rules, every booking received has to be keyed into the system immediately and your allotment will be based on that. There will be a system generated reference that has to be given to the customer. This was done at the time of the fluidic Verna launch to prevent fraudulent allocations and should hold true even now. I was the 2nd guy who booked the car for an AT with the dealer and I have promised to kick their teeth if I don't get my vehicle in the first allotment

Last edited by BNM : 16th July 2015 at 21:46.
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 21:40   #535
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Just got some inside info from a dealer. They say that they were invoiced 13.50 lakhs for the diesel 1.6 SX(O). So can we safely assume that the ex showroom is at that price. Or has Hyundai just invoiced this amount and will be adjusted after the price is announced? Is this a possibility?

Congratulations Mr Creta @ravenavi. All the very best. Thank you for keeping all of us at the edge of our seats. Also hoping you will be on the mark with your prices.

Did have a chance to look at the Creta for the first time. No photos were allowed.

Liked the presence.
The SX(O) alloys looks awesome. The Silver alloys look plain in comparison.
Space on the inside is decent. Rear leg space is adequate.
For some reason I thought that it was the same sized system in both the SX(O) and the automatic? Could be wrong.
The door pads are finished beautifully on the top trim, while I felt it was very plasticky on the other trims.
The roof rails look very tacky. The ones on the IX25 look way better.
The rear seat visibility out for short passengers will be non existent.
All in all I will put my money down if the OTR for the auto does not exceed 15 lakhs.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 16th July 2015 at 21:53.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 21:56   #536
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
My service experience with Hyundai (Trident Hyundai in this case) has been almost a dream.

I think it holds good with their customer service and sales also. Keep away from the other old big dealer in Bangalore who was quoted as arrogant a few pages earlier. They have become too nasty for their own good.
Old 16th July 2015, 22:19   #537
Team-BHP Support

You are required to pay only ex-showroom price of a car, you can opt for insurance and registration outside. Handling charges too are not supposed to be asked.

IIRC, Ford had made Rs. 50,000 as a compulsory booking for the EcoSport, I am yet to hear such a thing for Creta. If dealership insists, ask them to show the circular from Hyundai India.

And last, but not the least, please go through this thread as well as this thread

Happy Buying

Last edited by Sheel : 16th July 2015 at 22:28.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 22:41   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

I had sent a Tweet to Hyundai India today and they replied. I really hope that they launch the SX(O) in petrol in another few months. Looking forward to this launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-screenshot_20150716150809.jpg  

Old 16th July 2015, 23:08   #539
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Just got some inside info from a dealer. They say that they were invoiced 13.50 lakhs for the diesel 1.6 SX(O)
normally dealers wont share this information unless you know owner or someone very senior , if this indeed is the case then add 2 % CST that gets added on Hyundai Invoice to Dealer + 12-14 % VAT when Dealer bills to you + Dealer Profit & PDI etc - you are looking at something like 15,5-16 Lac on the road.

Mod Note: Edited ex-showroom to on the road.

Last edited by noopster : 17th July 2015 at 06:02.
Old 16th July 2015, 23:28   #540
BHPian

Quote:

Don't plan on letting them take me for a ride! Though hope the management at hyundai are a little proactive about not letting their consumer get cheated! Will make sure I get heard!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks