Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 15:32   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Hyundai Creta aims for Duster pricing.

Hyundai’s Creta SUV likely to be priced close to the Renault Duster.

Speculation on prices continue, ACI gives the same in ex -showroom -Del.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-dust.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ng-396308.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th July 2015 at 15:35.
Old 16th July 2015, 15:41   #512
Senior - BHPian

The dashboard reminds me of the XUV maybe its the AC vents and the colour scheme ?
The ground clearance seems ok. Not sure if they changed something for India ? The 17" wheels might do good for ground clearance provided the aspect ratio of tyre is not adjusted appropriately.

Last edited by srishiva : 16th July 2015 at 15:43.
Old 16th July 2015, 15:51   #513
BHPian

First of all these prices don't seem right, 1.4 Base version can't be more expensive than 1.6 base. Moreover, version/version it seems Creta is more than a lakh over duster... Now if this becomes true a lot of heartburns and cancellations are sure. + Ecosport market will be mostly remain intact because only 3 low variants are priced below 10L, and cities like Hyderabad this is a crucial threshold, beyond which road-taxed increase to 12%.
Old 16th July 2015, 15:58   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
First of all these prices don't seem right, 1.4 Base version can't be more expensive than 1.6 base. Moreover, version/version it seems Creta is more than a lakh over duster... Now if this becomes true a lot of heartburns and cancellations are sure. + Ecosport market will be mostly remain intact because only 3 low variants are priced below 10L, and cities like Hyderabad this is a crucial threshold, beyond which road-taxed increase to 12%.
1.4 Base (9.8) is of Diesel and 1.6 Base (8.9) is of Petrol. That is why you are seeing the 1.6 to be lower

The price does seem on the higher side considering the Duster itself is overpriced for what it offers. And it is totally different to what was reported a few pages earlier.

Autocar might have a massive scoop or is in line for a massive fail with this piece of news.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 16th July 2015 at 16:00.
Old 16th July 2015, 15:58   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Another article where the author cooked up figures in his head to get some views.
I mean the estimations have no logic;
-the difference between SX and "SX+" variant for the petrol engine is 1.7 lakhs whereas it is 1.2 for diesel.
-the premium for diesel engine(1.4L) for the base variant is 90k whereas for SX(1.6L) it is 2.3 lakhs. I don't think Hyundai will charge such a massive premium for the 1.6L diesel engine.
-Also, the feature differences between variants do not suggest such price gaps.

EDIT: Now they have edited the prices, reducing the petrol and 1.4L diesel variant prices by 30k and the article says that Creta will get premium pricing.

Last edited by Marauder : 16th July 2015 at 16:10.
Marauder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 16:02   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
In my opinion, the phenomenon where rear passengers are affected more than the front passengers is common across all cars and all roads. My reasoning for the same would be that the driver and co passenger have in their line of sight most of the road undulations like potholes and speed breakers and hence have time for their bodies to adjust ( Eg: brace, hold the doorpad handles or the roof handles) whereas the rear passengers cannot anticipate the same and thus do not the getting time to react which leads to them being uncomfortable and even shocked in some instances.

Coming to the car, I sat in the rear seat as well for a round and didn't observe anything of this sort. However I was driving for the most part and hence did not spend much time in the rear so my opinion would be limted to say the least.

Mods please combine the last post with this one. Thanks.
I don't completely agree with your observations, my family members always like the Fiesta for its more composed and absorbs road undulations much better than any other sedan that they have gone. BTW I have a Wagon R at home and family always insists on the Fiesta.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 16:08   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also factor in that Duster has an ongoing discount of 30k to 60k plus the Creta is better equipped than the Duster with ABS as standard across all variants.
Old 16th July 2015, 16:09   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I don't completely agree with your observations, my family members always like the Fiesta for its more composed and absorbs road undulations much better than any other sedan that they have gone. BTW I have a Wagon R at home and family always insists on the Fiesta.
Definitely some cars have better suspension setups as compared to others. But if you read the question here, it was a general view about all hyundai cars. To each his own maybe.
Old 16th July 2015, 16:16   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hyundai’s Creta SUV likely to be priced close to the Renault Duster.

Speculation on prices continue, ACI gives the same in ex -showroom -Del.
Attachment 1392757

If these are ex-showroom prices in Delhi, add another 30-50K in Bangalore. That makes the top of the line AT around 17 lac on road. There were times when Endeavour/CR-V used to retail at 15-18 lacs and now we spend almost similar price for a compact SUV. I know the current gen compact SUV's have lot more equipment, couldn't stop comparing though. Those were the times!!

Last edited by PrideRed : 16th July 2015 at 16:18.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 16:54   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Team,

Please don't pay any attention to the comparos posted by Autocar India these days. They are starting to ride the waves of popular incoming launches and throw out any sort of numbers & comparos so that they could cash in on the spotlight. Just yesterday they threw out a comparo between the Creta and the S-Cross which was very misleading (LINK and afterwards, realising their mistakes, tried a quick edit of the same. Today, they have thrown out random numbers in the name of "possible Creta pricing" without citing any sources, and again edited those published numbers after a short while (probably someone pointed out the mistakes again).

Trust me when I say this - the final pricing will be very close to the prices I posted on 6th June, and which was echoed 2-3 pages back. In fact, my dealer is sending me the quotation today (for my loan) based on that pricing I posted, saying that the final prices will be on those lines, with maybe an addition of around 5,000-10,000 rupees maximum, variant to variant.

I am in line for the delivery (1st Creta delivery of my dealership) on either the day of launch (July 21st) itself, or the 22nd. My car has been dispatched from the Chennai factory yesterday, and it will take 6 days to reach here.

I have test-driven the demo car extensively over all sorts of roads, and I am fully satisfied with my decision. The Creta is not a perfect 10/10 car by any means, but it ticks the most boxes for my requirements, so I am going ahead with the delivery. Details in my ownership report, which is in the Assembly Line right now.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th July 2015 at 17:00. Reason: Added a point.
RavenAvi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 17:33   #521
BHPian

Wow RavenAvi. That was pretty fast. Congrats and wish you a wonderful time with the Creta
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 17:42   #522
BHPian

any idea what the turning radius of Creta is?
Old 16th July 2015, 17:55   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am in line for the delivery (1st Creta delivery of my dealership) on either the day of launch (July 21st) itself, or the 22nd.
Congratulations RavenAvi! Can't wait for your ownership review! Which variant and colour are you going for?
vivekh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 18:21   #524
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

I am in line for the delivery (1st Creta delivery of my dealership) on either the day of launch (July 21st) itself, or the 22nd. My car has been dispatched from the Chennai factory yesterday, and it will take 6 days to reach here.

Thanks Sir. Are you buying the AT Or SX(o) ?
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 18:36   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

I have test-driven the demo car extensively over all sorts of roads, and I am fully satisfied with my decision. The Creta is not a perfect 10/10 car by any means, but it ticks the most boxes for my requirements, so I am going ahead with the delivery. Details in my ownership report, which is in the Assembly Line right now.
Raven, you are now officially our Go To guy for the Creta hence calling you "Creta Man". Please provide us the version / colour you have booked. Also based on the Insurance Quote and the pricing provided to you by the dealer, can you please post the price differential variant to variant? I will for the moment not insist on ex showroom prices for each variant.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed