Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 13:39   #391
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Price points mentioned are much higher than customer expectations. It will be a big blunder from Hyundai which is known for keeping the price as per competition. My next upgrade from I20 is going to be an SUV. Creta is on top of my list with SX+ but only if the on-road price is below 13.5 lakhs.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th July 2015 at 14:04. Reason: Typos. Please proof-read your posts before submitting them!
Old 13th July 2015, 14:49   #392
BHPian

Wonderful Preview! having seen ix35 in South Africa, I had always wondered why the Hyundai had not thought of such a model for India. Eagerly waiting to see if I can trade in my Santro for Creta.
Old 13th July 2015, 16:02   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

For all those who are wondering how the Creta's lower variants' ODOmeters look without the Supervision Cluster display in the middle, this is the SX+:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Just curious if you can post a picture of the supervision cluster of the SX(O) alongside this SX picture for comparison.
For comparison, this is how the SX(O)'s ODOmeter looks, WITH the Supervision Cluster: (on BNM's request)

Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-sx-o-sc.jpg

Notice the digital temperature gauge and the digital fuel gauges have moved down, and are placed at the bottom of the RPM and Speedo dials respectively.

The Central MID display houses the Supervision Cluster, and the layout is completely inspired by the Elite i20's Asta variant.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th July 2015 at 16:29.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 16:19   #394
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
For all those who are wondering how the Creta's lower variants' ODOmeters look without the Supervision Cluster display in the middle, this is the SX+:
Thanks RavenAvi. I think you have so much information with you and you are teasing us daily with one piece of information a day till the launch date
Just curious if you can post a picture of the supervision cluster of the SX(O) alongside this SX picture for comparison.
No wonder this version does not have a supervision cluster rheostat !

I am sure it is all in the name of cost cutting. Going back to this display after getting used to the beautiful cluster with brightness control that currently exists in my Verna is frustrating. Hyundai can only make it right for many of us by releasing a SX(O) AT version right from the start. Totally unfair !

Last edited by BNM : 13th July 2015 at 16:40. Reason: Added a few comments based on the additional picture posted by RavenAvi
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 16:42   #395
BHPian

Creta has reached YARD in Chennai and showroom is arranging for potential customers to visit yard to see the SUV
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-imag0681.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-imag0677.jpg  

virgovencat is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 16:58   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

For comparison, this is how the SX(O)'s ODOmeter looks, WITH the Supervision Cluster: (on BNM's request)

Notice the digital temperature gauge and the digital fuel gauges have moved down, and are placed at the bottom of the RPM and Speedo dials respectively.

The Central MID display houses the Supervision Cluster, and the layout is completely inspired by the Elite i20's Asta variant.
What additional functionality does this supervision cluster offer over the normal digital cluster? I checked the i20 thread but could not find much info
Old 13th July 2015, 17:08   #397
RSR
Senior - BHPian

@ RavenAvi: Of the colours mentioned in the training manual, only "Mystic Blue" hasn't been spotted yet. The shade also remains a mystery as it sounds different from the "Pristine Blue" and "Twilight Blue" on other Hyundais.

Do you have a snap of the Creta in "Mystic Blue" with you?
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 18:19   #398
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
- I think the second pic posted by virgovencat has a Mystic Blue Creta

Last edited by noopster : 13th July 2015 at 19:21. Reason: Fixed quote tags
RGP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 18:23   #399
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
I think the second pic posted by virgovencat has a Mystic Blue Creta
Is that the "Mystic Blue" shade?

I thought it was the "Star Dust" (Grey).

Last edited by RSR : 13th July 2015 at 18:25.
Old 13th July 2015, 18:34   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Is that the "Mystic Blue" shade?

I thought it was the "Star Dust" (Grey).
The mystic blue shade is available on the i20 in some international markets. It's a very greyish, dull blue. Definitely could be this one shared by virgovencat. Do a search on google for Mystic blue i20 and you might find some pics.
vivekh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 19:06   #401
RGP
BHPian

Could be, apologies if I got it wrong... Seeing the pics on my phone.
Old 13th July 2015, 19:31   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Checked on the likely delivery date for the 1.4S+ here in BLR and was told pretty confidently 1 to 1 1/2 months starting from 21/7. Most bookings for 1.6 SX and SXO. Much lower for the 1.4s.
Old 13th July 2015, 19:40   #403
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
What additional functionality does this supervision cluster offer over the normal digital cluster? I checked the i20 thread but could not find much info
Besides others, it tells you exactly which door is open, the distance-to-empty, trip meter, service intervals, etc., is shown separately. You can toggle through the screens using steering-mounted buttons on the right side of the steering wheel.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-sx-o-steering-wheel.jpg

Hyundai calls the one on the Creta SX(O) & the Elite i20 Asta the "Advanced Supervision Cluster", and the Verna SX's one is the normal "Supervision Cluster".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
On the hunt for a live example, my friend. As soon as I spot it, it will be posted here.

Till then, you have to make do with the official ones Hyundai India sent to Autocar India:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 19:41   #404
BHPian

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen, I think this whole "leak" has actually been done by Hyundai themselves. Three key reasons..

1. Based on the past experience with multiple HMIL showrooms, I think its safe to assume that this definitely can't be the "Official Training Document"..!!

2. The specifications themselves seem to be mixed up quite very much. Also, is it just me or do all those "Leaked Pics" seem to pixelated (remember, not shaky; but really purposefully blurred to the extent of making it seem "Legit" - Probably by some PR agency on the instructions of HMIL)..!!

3. The "Surprising" price that they are talking about will be possibly lesser than what they have "Leaked".. Remember that the majority of Creta buyers are enthusiasts, who are bound to look-up Team-BHP and other Automotive forums. This will in-turn mean that most of the people will feel relieved and be happy with the lesser than XUV, but higher than EcoSport pricing - thereby, effectively hitting the nail on the head.

This is much like the "Appraisal Time" rumour chants in Offices.. The HR will project a gloomy picture and then deliver a cut-above that, so that majority of the employees will not complain with the increment they have received..

These are just my views on this whole weekend drama..

P.S - Also, note how most of the "Leaks" are towards the weekend, thereby effectively increasing the chit-chat in all forums (for proof - look at the number of posts over this past weekend)..!!

In my opinion, a superb social marketing strategy by HMIL..!!
Surya-TJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 19:59   #405
BHPian

Spoke to an official Hyundai dealership in Mumbai today. They are taking pre-launch bookings for INR 25,000 - fully refundable. But the shocker is that they said delivery would take about 5 months! They apparently have 100+ bookings already!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed