Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 16:29   #1141
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Like the way the engine etc is covered. Creta does look safe ( the cabin looks intact).

Source: FB- QuaterMile
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-fb_img_1437648721808.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-fb_img_1437648726506.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 16:42   #1142
BHPian

I had posted it on accidents thread, posting a part of the same here

If you look at the flimsy bar behind the bumper !
Looks more in line with what a Maruti hatch has behind its bumper, Leave alone what a Fiat Punto offers You. Ideally considering the price range, it should be much better than even a Punto.

Few photos of other cars attached for comparison.(OK I accept Q3 belongs to a different segment, but Palio & Punto are from much lower segments!)
Also , seeing this I wonder if iX25 has the same structure behind its bumper? Will Indian Creta will fare the same as Chinese iX25 in crash tests?
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-011.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-imag0061.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-kp_mn_accident.jpg  

Last edited by i_see : 23rd July 2015 at 16:45.
i_see is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 16:49   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Like the way the engine etc is covered. Creta does look safe ( the cabin looks intact).

Source: FB- QuaterMile
Thanks for posting this image. Just look at the front wishbone (for lack of a better word) holding the wheels together. It is as flimsy as a hatch. These pseudo SUVs will loose a wheel if they hit a pothole at high speed, forget about off-roading.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 16:54   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Vid, you are spot on. However, given the deteriorating condition of our roads, and on an assumption that I will keep an AT car I buy for around 7 years, I wanted to invest in a car that has the best safety kits that modern technologies have to offer viz. ESP, TC and more airbags. And oh yes, ISOFIX for child seats (yes there are folks in India who use them !). Once you factor this requirement into the equation, the water gets really muddled.
I have a relative who had the same dilemma a year back. She went from a Civic to an EcoSport AT. It fit the bill in all those aspects (including I believe ISOFIX) except size, but then the car is driven by one person 90% of the time.
StarScream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 16:55   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

A Yeti Owner's perspective on the Creta:

Well today curiosity got the better of me and now that my Yeti is 4 1/2 years old now and done around 79K kms, I thought why not go see the Creta!
Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150723_113224.jpg

Though the Creta is technically in a lower price bracket than the Yeti, it does compete directly with the Yeti as the target customer is the same, as well as customers for all C and D Segment sedans. The way that Hyundai has actually positioned the Creta is bang in between the C Segment sedan pricing and the D segment pricing, right from 10 Lacs to 15 Lacs so customers from either side will be tempted - which is quite intelligent positioning and would certainly bring a good balance of topline as well as bottomline to Hyundai.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150723_113145.jpg

Coming to the actual car now: It is very well designed and well put together and I must say that it 95% of the fit finish of the Yeti and at a much cheaper price. There are some aspects that it does improve on as compared to the Yeti: Rear Legroom - the Creta has better legroom and especially for the middle passenger in the back seat as the transmission tunnel is smaller and the rear ac vent also protrude much less so give more space to the occupants legs.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-4.jpg
The boot space below the parcel shelf in case of the Creta looks to be almost 10% more than the Yeti (and should be around 400 L), but if the parcel shelf is removed in both the cars, the Yeti's load space is 10% larger.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-5.jpg
Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150723_113127.jpg

The Ground clearance of the Creta is quite good and the car rides higher.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-6.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150723_113204.jpg

The interiors design and fit finish are very good. The doors also feel heavy and shut with a thud, unlike other Hyundai cars.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150723_113310.jpg

The plastic trims are really good and quality is top notch. The only beige in the car is the front dashboard part, rest the whole interior is black. While in the Yeti the doors, roof, plastic trims are all beige (at least in my older version - don't know about the new one). The black interiors of the Creta do make it appear a little claustrophobic though and the Yeti feels more spacious due to the beige. The rear window line in the Creta is also very high and the windows are too small, but the headroom and legroom are quite good.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150723_113550.jpg

Overall the Creta is poised to be a Yeti-Killer as well as Duster and Terrano killer too as at that price point Duster and Terrano are far lower in terms of interior finish and quality. At this point Renault will need to wake up and reposition the Duster to at least a Lac less that where it is currently selling if they want to survive the Creta onslaught.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150723_114144.jpg
Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.jpg
Preview: Hyundai Creta-3.jpg

The Creta is also not far behind the Yeti in terms of Safety features (the SX (O) variant has most of the safety features of the Yeti Elegance.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-safety.png
Overall Hyundai have a winner on their hands which will take away quite a bit of share from all Crossovers and even C and D segment sedans.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-pricelist.jpg

Last edited by Behemoth : 23rd July 2015 at 17:21.
Behemoth is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 16:56   #1146
BANNED

On lighter note, I think Hyundai is trying to draw our attention to the strong roof with 2 extra reinforced bars.. holding the passenger cabin well !
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:11   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_see View Post
(OK I accept Q3 belongs to a different segment, but Palio & Punto are from much lower segments!)
Here's a few snaps from the same segment:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ecosport02.jpg

duster image source: car-breaker.com
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-22523344_4x.jpg  

ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:12   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

Overall the Creta is poised to be a Yeti-Killer as well as Duster and Terrano killer too as at that price point Duster and Terrano are far lower in terms of interior finish and quality.
Good comparison, but you missed one area- safety ! Probably OT here, but here is what the Yeti has to offer, and though its a completely different price point, since comparisons are being made, let's not ignore that

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/yeti/safety

Yeti is a different orbit altogether when it comes to safety gear.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:23   #1149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
As long as the stock "clean silver" alloys or steel rims are at least 6" in width, then there should be no problems with upgrading to 225/60 R16 shoes.

RavenAvi, do you have the rim width details of the stock wheels provided by Hyundai on the Creta?
The width of the 16" rims are 6.0J, while the width of the 17" rims are 6.5J. Absolutely no problems there.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-spec.gif

An update from my side:- Received a call from the dealership this morning that a batch of Cretas have arrived and were in the process of being unloaded as we were speaking. I inquired about colour shades and they said almost all of the ones on offer (except Mystic Blue) were in this new lot.

Went to check the shades out and while Stardust was really tempting, I thought that the red taillamps would lose a bit of their visual impact in this particular colour. Also, the creases and body contours, which are a design highlight were all well-hidden in this darker shade. No other shades interested me, since the Red one is easily the most popular right now, followed by White.

Finally, I picked two White SX+s which look clean at first glance and whose VIN decodings show July 2015 make. I shall proceed tomorrow morning to subject them both to my extensive PDI, before selecting one as my future steed.

If all goes well, I should have my Creta delivered by tomorrow evening, or Saturday at the most.

Feeling very eager and excited to get behind the wheel of my own car. Shall update in this thread and in my ownership report.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd July 2015 at 17:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:47   #1150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In closing. If the Creta was available 2 years back, both Ampere and myself would be having a Creta in our garages than the Duster/Ecosport we currently have.

The Creta is 5.5 lakhs more than what I paid for the Ecosport in 2013. Currently the Creta is 4L more for top spec Ecosport.
Are you kidding or being serious?

For a "raised hatch back" that can seat 4 with some decent gizmo's you would pay 17 Lakhs? This is day light robbery! if you ask me, the way in which these manufacturer's are charging a premium is quite shocking. Started with those luxury marques now even the juntaa car manufacturer's like Hyundai also has started coning people big time.

For 17 Lakhs one expect a fully loaded D segment sedan not a small wannabe city punter.

What next Swift Cross version at 15 Lakhs?? and people will still keep running to the showrooms, that is how the Indian buyers are.
Jaggu is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:49   #1151
Distinguished - BHPian

As I was passing by the showroom, I decided to take an extra 15 minutes to check out the Creta for the Bhpian folks, dark clouds were looming above but luckily it hasn't rained as yet. Now I've tried my best to analyse the smaller details which our official reviews are famous for and I hope interested buyers can find some use in it.

At that point of time, being about 4 o'clock the customers were coming in to check the car out so about 3 of us had to share the cabin of the display car to check out its interiors. Coming to the interiors, Hyundai as a company has evolved even further than the Elite i20 days and this is great news. The door closes with a very well insulated thud. Since haptics are a great deal to certain buyers I also checked out the door shut in what I like to call the "finger push test". I own a Getz and even today it is one of the heavier hatchbacks in the market with a kerb weight of 1066 kgs, the doors are pretty heavy and one has to put quite an effort opening them on a side-incline. Generally after getting out I merely push the door with one finger with very little force and due to its weight it locks with a proper thud, I love that and this car did the same as well so the doors in my view are solid & well made. The rest of the interiors are well put together and feels like a SUV-ish design with everything being a wee bit super-sized compared to the hatch dimensions I'm normally used to, no complaints. The seats contour well to a standard human body. The indicator switches are crisp and well weighted, and so are the steering controls.

With other people checking the interiors I moved on to the exteriors. I went straight to the under-body of the car since this is a mini-SUV, again no disappointments with proper cladding which seemed solid and didn't yield to finger pressure one bit. Its a bit squarish design compared to the normal beautiful rounded-off corners Hyundai does but it works in giving the car a sporty look. This car is proof of the advancements to the body structure as Hyundai has been saying for the past 3 months (hive design, ultra high strength steel frame etc) and if one can see closely enough it is evident.

By that time a demo vehicle arrived & I managed to get 5 minutes for it, though I think I'd have taken lesser than that. Nevertheless I spent each second analysing how it drives, the steering to begin with.. well my usual complaint is that its not as good as a hydraulic driven steering in terms of tautness & feedback but I hold every EPS setup guilty of poor weight. There is a decent amount of feedback if one really keeps the palms planted to the wheel so I'm happy with that, its not numb by any measure. Since the roads were smooth there's no way I'd have known about how the feedback comes on rough terrain, but given the width of the car & the wide-section tyres I've no doubt this can do its fair share of off-roading (as long as all 4 wheels are planted on the ground and there isn't loose mud since this is a 2WD).

I can't comment on the price as I'm not a prospective customer for this car, but I'd like to confirm that this is a very honest car, well built to endure the Indian roads 99.99% of the time. This is surely good news for the rest of the models to come as this manufacturing ethos spreads across the range. Apologies for lack of a complete review due to the time crunch.
dark.knight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:59   #1152
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I was waiting for something like this comparo note!
Thanks Behemoth.
Now the questions and points I have are;
Would you replace your Yeti with the Creta?
Will the Creta boot pass the lateral golf bag test?
The rear brakes appear to be Drums - will this impact braking feel compared with the Yeti which has all 4 discs?
The overall power and torque of the Creta may be a bit less than the Yeti - is this a serious difference in performance?
Is the ground clearance more than the Yeti's 180mm?
How do the front and rear overhangs compare with the Yeti's?
How do the overall dimensions compare with the Yeti's?

I would really love to have a proper, point for point, comparo between the Creta, the Yeti and the Audi Q3.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:07   #1153
Team-BHP Support

Looking at the price list I see a price difference of 1.5 lakhs between the 1.6L petrol SX+ and the 1.6L CRDI SX+. On road price in Bangalore as a result varies by 2 lakhs for the same variant but petrol to diesel!

Earlier cars used to have 80-1L difference between petrol and diesel. Then recently the difference went up to 1.2 lakhs. No Hyundai is keeping close to 2 lakhs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

For a "raised hatch back" that can seat 4 with some decent gizmo's you would pay 17 Lakhs? This is day light robbery! if you ask me, the way in which these manufacturer's are charging a premium is quite shocking. Started with those luxury marques now even the juntaa car manufacturer's like Hyundai also has started coning people big time.

For 17 Lakhs one expect a fully loaded D segment sedan not a small wannabe city punter.
There's no D segment sedan for 17 lakhs! All D segment sedans now start at 20 lakhs and go till 26 lakhs. Total market shift which sucks big time but is happening.

Quote:
What next Swift Cross version at 15 Lakhs?? and people will still keep running to the showrooms, that is how the Indian buyers are.
LOL. You do know the S cross is coming soon as is similar to SX4 and will probably touch 15.

Not to forget the XA Alpha compact SUV expected to go against the Ecosport. That's a crossover version of Swift.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd July 2015 at 18:20.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:25   #1154
Distinguished - BHPian

For all those wondering how the Creta looks in black, here it is, freshly delivered:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11038646_900400190008476_2985149989491450639_n.jpg

Also, one of my good friends on FB, Rajan Desai, picked up his White SX(O) diesel on launch day (21st July) and shares a picture collage:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11011036_10207193156970400_5811521810678341747_n.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:31   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Well said Jaggu, day light robbery regarding the price, well with regards to safety, Hyundai has nowhere mentioned about the kerb weight of Creta, well I was unable to find it, if anyone knows it, let all of us know. What is the thing, that is, holding them back, from telling the weight of the vehicle.
I hope most bhpians must be aware, that the smaller ecosport(1248kg), is heavier than Duster (1148/1205kg), making ecosport probably more safe and durable than duster
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks