Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:26   #1111
BANNED

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Seeing both Duster and Creta side-by-side, Creta feels shorter, and Duster feels more planted.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-dustersidestudioredpaint.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-090.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd July 2015 at 10:29.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:26   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If there was a top spec SX(O) AT, I may have been tempted to exchange with the Altis but not with the SX+ AT. I stand to lose too much.

Is Creta Diesel AT really worth so much that you would trade one of the best sedans for this crossover?

Can it really give cars above it's segment a run for it's money?

Also, what is the boot space of the Creta in seat upright and seat folded config?

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 23rd July 2015 at 10:29.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:37   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
One of the main advantages of the Duster is the carpet ride at all speeds. It will be interesting to see how Creta compares on that part in typical Indian roads.
This should explain the carpet ride quality of the duster.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-s.jpg  

Last edited by ramzsys : 23rd July 2015 at 10:53. Reason: adding more info.
ramzsys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:45   #1114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

Is Creta Diesel AT really worth so much that you would trade one of the best sedans for this crossover?

Can it really give cars above it's segment a run for it's money?

Also, what is the boot space of the Creta in seat upright and seat folded config?
It's a tough sell but I really need an AT in the house. And yes the Creta easily matches upto the Elantra, Cruze and Altis in interiors. Toyota charges 20+ lakhs for the Altis diesel with 1.4L engine, 88PS. You get only 2 airbags for that price with the Toyota vs the 6 in Creta. Space wise the Altis is a little more at the back but not day/nigh difference.

My ALtis is 6 years old, due for a change and if I need to get anything close to the Altis I need to look at 20+ for new Altis, Jetta or Octavia.

With the Creta at 17L you get a lot of what you are getting at 20+ lakhs.

So if I want to change a 6 year old Altis should I get a new ALtis CVT at 22 lakhs? Or get a Jetta/Octavia at 26 lakhs. Other option is to downgrade to the Honda City CVT or a Vento/Rapid.

So you see how the Creta makes sense in a way?
Vid6639 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:58   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
The Creta is 5.5 lakhs more than what I paid for the Ecosport in 2013. Currently the Creta is 4L more for top spec Ecosport.
IMHO, this still remains the bone of contention, to an otherwise great package. Won't the customer get inclined towards the XUV5oo instead of the Creta?
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:06   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
I was told that they have 240 bookings so for and no cancellation (at least till now). Expected lead time is 3 months, will confirm the exact time by end of the month.
I will visit Renault (Duster AWD) and Mahindra (XUV W10) take a spin and will decide for sure before Saturday.
I pre-booked Creta SX(O) Polar White on July 4th with a dealer in Hyderabad. Initially the SA was not willing to provide the delivery waiting time.. After the launch on July 21st, the SA has already called me 4 times to take car delivery. I have asked for TD.

I am going to check XUV 500 W10 again with TD on Saturday before making a decision.
jeetaman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:09   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
I had kind of made up my mind to change the alloys and the tyres and did some research.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Better to stick with the stock rims and go for bigger, better tyres instead.
Here's the perfect upgrade for the Goodyear Assurances on the 16" stock rims - 225/60/R16.

Name:  1.GIF
Views: 9441
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  2.GIF
Views: 9313
Size:  31.8 KB

Closest to the OEM specification, not deviating much at all, and an increase of ~1.75 mm in Ground Clearance as well. Not to mention better gripping because of the 225-patch.

Only gripe - Fuel Efficiency might take a hit because of the wider patch of the upgraded tyres.

A search shows Bridgestone Turanzas as a good option for the upgrade. Not sure if Michelins come in this particular size.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:14   #1118
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone seen any signs of the 1.4 diesels? One of the BLR dealers offered me a 1.4S with delivery within 3 days if I paid full upfront by cash/DD.
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:16   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
It's a tough sell but I really need an AT in the house. And yes the Creta easily matches upto the Elantra, Cruze and Altis in interiors. Toyota charges 20+ lakhs for the Altis diesel with 1.4L engine, 88PS. You get only 2 airbags for that price with the Toyota vs the 6 in Creta. Space wise the Altis is a little more at the back but not day/nigh difference.

My ALtis is 6 years old, due for a change and if I need to get anything close to the Altis I need to look at 20+ for new Altis, Jetta or Octavia.

So if I want to change a 6 year old Altis should I get a new ALtis CVT at 22 lakhs? Or get a Jetta/Octavia at 26 lakhs. Other option is to downgrade to the Honda City CVT or a Vento/Rapid.

I second your dilemma, but according to me, the switch from Toyota Altis to Creta itself will be a downgrade. Creta can be an upgrade for mini SUV lovers from Ecosport, if at all. But again, why will anyone pay a large sum of money for similar features that Ecosport has been offering in the past. Good upgrade in that case will be for Verna, Cruze, SX4, City users.

My friend looking to change his 8 year old Civic and also a petrohead asked my opinion. When I pointed out Creta to him for consideration, he simply rubbished it saying he wants to upgrade and not downgrade.

All said and done, I feel your heart is already set on buying a Creta from your message above. My heart generally rules my mind.

All the best.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:39   #1120
BANNED

IMO, only die-hard Hyundai fans and promoters will dish out 15-17L for Creta. There are better options in a slightly upper segment, or almost-similar options in the lower segment.

Same is the case for SCross. If they price the base 1.3L Diesel anywhere more than 8.5L, only a few takers will be there.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd July 2015 at 11:52.
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:47   #1121
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post

I second your dilemma, but according to me, the switch from Toyota Altis to Creta itself will be a downgrade.
Exactly my point! You are paying a lot more here when comparing to what the top spec in competition has. Why would you pay 5.5 lakhs more for features you mostly have in the Altis? I guess the motive is more of "changing to a new car" the car vs. getting the features?

Not trying to discourage you from getting the Creta, but I think that customers are paying a lot lot more than what the competition is offering. The Creta must be priced higher than its competition, but it's way too high in my opinion when I look at the on road prices in Bangalore.
It is defnitely the road block I have to purchasing the Creta.
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:56   #1122
BHPian

Though this discussion is about Creta, I couldn't overlook the comment regarding the high asking price for the Altis Diesel. I test drove the Altis petrol A/T last week and liked the vehicle (I drive the 2010 Altis P) but the asking price of 21.6 L OTR was a total shocker. Toyota has got their pricing all wrong. The diesel Altis sounds even more ridiculous at a lakh lower with that puny 1.4L engine. Why would someone not go for the City iDTEC or the Vento/Rapid TDi for 7-8 L lower should actually be bothering Toyota!!

With the Altis pricing example, the Creta does not look all that expensive for the kit that is on offer. I have never had a preference for any Hyundai, but have to applaud the company's efforts at bringing newer vehicles to the market with top of the line features.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 23rd July 2015 at 11:58.
fuel_addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:57   #1123
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Here's the perfect upgrade for the Goodyear Assurances on the 16" stock rims - 225/60/R16.

Closest to the OEM specification, not deviating much at all, and an increase of ~1.75 mm in Ground Clearance as well. Not to mention better gripping because of the 225-patch.

Only gripe - Fuel Efficiency might take a hit because of the wider patch of the upgraded tyres.
225/60 R16 tyres should indeed be the perfect upgrade for the lower variants with 16" wheels!

I guess there should be no scraping or rubbing against the wheel arches on turns because the SX(O) variant already comes with 215/60 R17 tyres which are larger.

However, before upgrading to 225/60 R16 shoes on the lower variants, I would check the rim width of both the "clean silver" alloys and the steel rims.

The recommended rim width for 225/60 R16 tyres is 6" to 8".

The recommended rim width for 205/65 R16 ones is 5.5" to 7.5".

As long as the stock "clean silver" alloys or steel rims are at least 6" in width, then there should be no problems with upgrading to 225/60 R16 shoes.

RavenAvi, do you have the rim width details of the stock wheels provided by Hyundai on the Creta?

Last edited by RSR : 23rd July 2015 at 12:02.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 12:30   #1124
BHPian

Here are some of the glaring omissions in Creta that I noticed in my first encounter. Correct me if I'm wrong. It was just a half an hour first date anyways :

1. No light in the glove-box (No, it doesn't have the cooling option like i20). No separate compartment for user manual too.
2. No hydraulic struts for the hood
3. No reach adjustment for Steering wheel
4. No lumbar support adjustment for seats
5. Fixed grab handles. It doesn't retract, like in a Honda city
6. No Metal sump guard. There is a sump guard, but it looked plasticky

On the positive side, there's a useful dead pedal for the driver

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 23rd July 2015 at 12:41.
xjosephjacob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 12:33   #1125
BHPian

Quote:

Vid, you are spot on. However, given the deteriorating condition of our roads, and on an assumption that I will keep an AT car I buy for around 7 years, I wanted to invest in a car that has the best safety kits that modern technologies have to offer viz. ESP, TC and more airbags. And oh yes, ISOFIX for child seats (yes there are folks in India who use them !). Once you factor this requirement into the equation, the water gets really muddled.

The only solution I now see is to either (i) stretch to Elantra/Jetta/ Octavia or (ii) come down to EcoSport or maybe the Polo GT TSI (no side/curtain airbags though).

It has to be an AT, since our back/knee is not getting any better, and traffic is worsening faster than our fitness....so manuals with safety kit like Duster AWD, Creta SX (O) Manual etc does not fit the bill.

See the h-u-g-e gap in the market? And see the painful dilemma?

I can wait for the XUV500- but it can't really be much less than 19-20 lakhs on road as well.....and at that price, I may as well stretch the EMI and go for the yummy Jetta DSG Highline.
Contrapunto is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks