Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2015, 12:19   #631
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Also, any idea if the dealers would do an exchange, I mean buy back old car while buying Creta. Cant keep 2 cars at home, need to sell the older one.
Most big dealers have a department for buying old cars. For eg, the dealer I booked at is ready to buy my 10 yr old Getz, albeit at a very low cost. I'm not sure if the Hyundai dealers will buy non Hyundai cars. It also remains to be seen if Hyundai will offer any loyalty/exchange bonus for the Creta, my dealer told me that loyalty bonuses are decided by the company and not the showroom. Seems doubtful that they will offer any bonus, looking at the demand for the Creta. You are better off selling your old car privately to a buyer if you want the best price.
vivekh15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 12:30   #632
BHPian

Quote:
I see the rear seats legroom cramped, given the fact that it has space, the rear seats could have been pushed a little more behind to give more free legroom in the second row.
The floor behind is required to store the spare wheel. As a result the floor in the boot is raised. There is no place to push seats back, not even recline. Perhaps if the spare wheel had been on the boot door or under the car, space could have been spared for more leg room or 3rd row. Legroom @ rear is quite comfortable tho.

Didnt notice the lever to shift passenger seat from the back as is there quite prominently in the verna.

Last edited by Wheeliej : 18th July 2015 at 12:46.
Wheeliej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 12:35   #633
BHPian

Assuming there is some sense / truth in the latest pricelist floating around:

If Creta Ex-SRP was priced thus:
  • Petrol 1.6: 8.6 – 11.1 L (total 3 variants) – actual pricing 50K to 70K more (as per the pricelist floating)
  • Diesel 1.4: 9.1 – 10.9 L (total 3 variants) - actual pricing 80K to 120K more (as per the pricelist floating)
  • Diesel 1.6: 11.4 – 13.3 L (total 3 variants) - actual pricing 100K to 120K more (as per the pricelist floating)
In essence:
  • It could have drawn around 10-15% more (means additional from what it will anyways draw) customers from Duster, Ecosport etc. which could have amounted to around additional 800 units per month.
  • Any new car like this garners another additional set of customers who comes from C-Segment sedans like City / Verna etc. – this segment sells about 10K cars per month, and the Creta’s drawing capacity could have been about 15-17% if the pricing was like above. Now it might draw about 8-10% only, which means it loses around 700 units per month.
  • It could have been stiffer for S-Cross too.
  1. Overall the latest floating Creta pricing (if it becomes the truth) has set the potential to lose about 1.5 to 2K units per month.
  2. So after the initial euphoria (6 months: 5-6K units per month) Creta might settle down for about 3 – 3.4K units per month which could actually have been a steady 5-6K units per month for a longer period like 18-24 months.
  3. Still looks like a decent winner on hands for Hyundai, unless the car isn’t good.
On a lighter note, one customer who has pre-booked, has exclaimed thus after seeing the latest floating pricing: “at this price this is ExCreta”

Thanks,
C_
Old 18th July 2015, 12:43   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Ravenavi, the CretaMan, you are the person to go for any info.

Do share your inputs on the points raised by me on the last page on AVN playing movies while car is running and how to plug movies in the absence of CD Player.

I see the rear seats legroom cramped, given the fact that it has space, the rear seats could have been pushed a little more behind to give more free legroom in the second row.

Also, any idea if the dealers would do an exchange, I mean buy back old car while buying Creta. Cant keep 2 cars at home, need to sell the older one.
You will be lot better off selling your car in open market. In a newly launched car dealers will give you peanut price for old car... i was offered 1 lakh for my 5 year old single driven linea when i had gone for buying Honda city.. open market was willing to pay 2 lakh.. though takes some efforts but worth it.
Old 18th July 2015, 12:53   #635
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
No ground clearance or boot space numbers in the brochure. Its almost as if Hyundai considers them a big secret!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sngautam View Post
Still no mention of the ground clearance. What's up with the secrecy? Are they planning on changing it at the last moment?
On the ground clearance issue, I think it has more to do with the excise duty rate of 30% versus the excise duty @ 27% for cars with lesser ground clearance (less than 170 mm). (LINK)

Remember how Mahindra smartly played around this particular point by lowering the engine guard/stone guard of the XUV 500 at one particular point under the engine, to duck under the 170 mm mark? That made them offer the XUV 500 at a lower price point. Full information on this interesting "tweak" in a dedicated thread here - LINK.

We might see a "Minimum Ground Clearance = xxx mm" highlighted by Hyundai in any/all official Creta booklets/brochures, post launch. Exact Ground Clearance figures might stay a secret (or if our fantastic Team-BHP moderating team can dig it out!).

Quote:
Do share your inputs on the points raised by me on the last page on AVN playing movies while car is running and how to plug movies in the absence of CD Player.
I haven't checked this yet, but videos/movies can be played via USB. Not sure if the videos can be played when the car is running but usually cars with video-playing feature have it disabled when the car starts moving.

We need to wait for the official Team-BHP full-blown review to know the exact functionalities of the 7" Head Unit.

Quote:
Rear legroom is very decent. When the front seats are set for a 6'0" tall person like me, you have sufficient legroom at the back + a bit of space between your knees and the front seats. The under-thigh support is also decent enough, but it should have been a bit more bolstered.

Quote:
What vivekh15 said above.

Hyundai has a pre-owned car section called Hyundai Advantage. You can try there for valuation of your old car, but usually company car dealerships quote prices which are atrociously less than market prices. I suggest looking for buyers from the open market for your old car, where you can get the best possible deals for it and also negotiate better for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
The floor behind is required to store the spare wheel. As a result the floor in the boot is raised. There is no place to push seats back, not even recline. Perhaps if the spare wheel had been on the boot door or under the car, space could have been spared for more leg room or 2rd row.
Yes, the squat boot floor space is taken by the spare wheel. The rear seats are fixed and except for the 60:40 split in the SX+ AT, have no other flexible advantage, other than going fully flat in the forward direction.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem, though. There's enough to pack 4 full-size suitcases/bags, and then some. Unless someone is into heavy long-distance travelling with their family, it should suffice for the weekend trips of most nuclear families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Didnt notice the lever to shift passenger seat from the back as is there quite prominently in the verna.
A feature exclusive to the Volkswagen Vento, and now the Verna 4S. No other car in the C2-segment has it.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2015 at 13:17.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 13:17   #636
BHPian

Another leaked video of the SX(O). This time the engine is started (with the hood open) and revved-up briefly. Seems responsive from what I can tell. (Unfortunately the video is shot in portrait! )

vivekh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 13:23   #637
Senior - BHPian

Somehow, I get the feel that Hyundai has managed to create a buzz for the Creta which is making it feel much more premium than what it actually is.

It's a compact SUV and is not coming with earth-shattering feature set (the top model has some good features, agreed). The engine, gearbox is the same as Verna.

It's a very compelling package only if priced sensibly (the Duster/Terrano are offering good discounts I guess). I am getting a feeling that even if Hyundai overprices this car, there will be still a lot of takers for it (at least initially) given the image of a very premium offering which Hyundai has been able to create for it. If I were in the market for a compact SUV, my choice will be the Creta but only if it's priced in the range of the Duster (a small premium is probably fine)

Last edited by adimicra : 18th July 2015 at 13:25.
adimicra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 15:47   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Somehow, I get the feel that Hyundai has managed to create a buzz for the Creta which is making it feel much more premium than what it actually is.

It's a compact SUV and is not coming with earth-shattering feature set (the top model has some good features, agreed). The engine, gearbox is the same as Verna.

It's a very compelling package only if priced sensibly (the Duster/Terrano are offering good discounts I guess). I am getting a feeling that even if Hyundai overprices this car, there will be still a lot of takers for it (at least initially) given the image of a very premium offering which Hyundai has been able to create for it. If I were in the market for a compact SUV, my choice will be the Creta but only if it's priced in the range of the Duster (a small premium is probably fine)

I agree with you completely. They are playing on the bigger size and the 'SUV' badge which Indians are in love with currently. And why not, considering our bad roads, we do require a vehicle with good ground clearance. But I am afraid, the car companies are taking people for a ride emotionally selling almost the same product mechanically that sells cheaper. Apart from better ground clearance and the bigger size, this vehicle is no where closer to genuine off-roaders which were the initial so called 'SUVs'

One advantage Creta can have is the comparison with Santa Fe. It looks quite similar and I personally love that vehicle but the pricing is pretty steep as SanFe is an import product. Here you get a similar looking vehicle at a much cheaper price.
Old 18th July 2015, 16:37   #639
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

+1. I did see the car and it is very C segment period. Apart from the SX(O), with the leather pack Which looks pretty upmarket. The doors and other plastic bits of the remaining models looks very tacky.

Don't forget the engine and gearbox also does duty on the Elantra. 16.9 OTR Pune will translate to sound 17.3 Bangalore.
That apart if the are planning to price anything above 15 lakhs OTR it would take a lot of convincing to buy one.
I bought my topend SX Crdi manual Elantra for 18 lakhs OTR Bangalore 2 years ago. That price involved exchange bonus, some cash discount and also having the insurance done outside the dealership(roughly worked out to around 80k)

Not sure if they can price it above the 4s Verna SX(O) auto which retails for about 15.3 lakhs OTR Bangalore with generous discounts of around 50K.

The Duster AWD is priced at around 16 lakhs OTR Bangalore and is being discounted 60k. So it's not unfair to expect a price lower to that.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 18th July 2015 at 16:41.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 17:52   #640
BNM
BHPian

Finally

I am quite late to the party buy here is my 2 cents after my Darshan today - more from a visual perspective and points not covered already I hope.

1. The car wasn't as big as I imagined. Certainly looked a tad smaller than the duster (maybe because I could get only a perspective view amongst a row of closely parked cars). Size looks different from straight shots vs three quarter pictures which can be deceiving.

2. GC is great. I think it is around 200mm. I looked underneath this car as well as the i20 Active. Seemed about the same with a very clean underside (all measurements with hands)

3. White is brilliant but wifey wants a Red since we have a white i20. The chrome on the front and back are more palatable on the white. It is the same Verna 4S Red.

4. 16" alloys look like crap compared to 17" diamond alloys. The same diamond cut will be available in 16" for 17.5 K per wheel as per dealer

5. The engine is quiet but it did not feel very different than my Verna CRDI with all windows raised.

6. The ART leather is not jet black but some kind of dark grey on the SX(O). The beige on the dashboard wasn't required and could have been ALL black like the ix25 and the S Cross. It is a chocolatey beige (on the i10 grand) and not the yellowish beige (on the Verna)

7. The visibility from the rear bench is poor with a tall window line.

8. Double horn is loud and clear. Saves you 700 bucks to replace with Bosch.

9. The SX versions don't feel premium as Arjun has pointed out. Need Stanley for the Job !

10. Engine bay is large and is neatly laid out with space to reach everything (unlike Verna which is jam packed

11.Music lovers can get rid of the rear parcel tray and mount a wooden board (to fix speakers) which can rest easily on plastic guide rails provided.

12. Roof rails look bad and should have been lowered like the iX25 or even the i10 grand.

13. The shark fin doesn't look as bad as someone had commented - palatable again.

That's about it

Other Info
1. Heard only 12% of the production is AT currently. Expect longer waiting periods with 2 to 5 vehicles per showroom per month.
2. The # of variants will be cut down based on customer acceptance.
3. Pricing - don't want to add anything. Too much controversy going on though I tend to agree with Arjun Reddy. (Verna SX(O) is 14L and AT is 15L OTR in Bangalore).
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-image.jpg  

Last edited by BNM : 18th July 2015 at 17:55.
BNM is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 18:35   #641
BHPian

And another video from YouTube user Vamsi Naik. This time he has some close up shots of the under-body and nooks & crannies of the car. Check it out:

vivekh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 19:52   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

The official two-page leaflet of the Hyundai Creta.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.gif

Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.gif

A short spy video of the Creta, credit to Stay Tune. This gives a good perspective of the size comparison with a Hyundai Xcent parked in front of it.

And finally, a close look at the tail-lamp section of the Creta. Smartly designed to give off a pseudo-LED effect, when viewed from a distance at night.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11739664_10153094305424576_1640936957_n.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2015 at 20:06.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 21:00   #643
Senior - BHPian

Forgive my ignorance, but I always thought that the Creta is based on the i20 Elite platform. But I did read recently somewhere that it's on the Elantra. I don't think this is the case since if it was based on the Elantra then it would have become far more expensive. Am I right?
Old 18th July 2015, 21:28   #644
Senior - BHPian

Guys the Creta SX+ model and models below it don't get the supervision cluster (in Hyundai speak). Does anyone know what this is ?
Also i hope this doesn't mean that the SX+ and other models will not have basic readouts such as fuel efficiency indicator, range, outside temperature ?
Old 18th July 2015, 22:11   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I always thought that the Creta is based on the i20 Elite platform. But I did read recently somewhere that it's on the Elantra. I don't think this is the case since if it was based on the Elantra then it would have become far more expensive. Am I right?

It is based on the I20 platform. The Elantra platform news is wrong. It does share its engines with the Verna and Elantra and transmission including the auto with the Elantra.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks