Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 21:59   #616
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

If the leaked prices are indeed correct, then I will be the first guy to cancel my booking. 17 lacs for an automatic which is not fully loaded is day light robbery. Wait for my next car continues.
Chillout is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 22:12   #617
Senior - BHPian

How does City and Creta compare in rear seat space and boot space?

I've seen the leaked prices, and the Creta seems expensive for a small SUV.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 22:38   #618

Prices from the Autocar seems legit...although I would have liked them to be a tad lower on the AT version but always has a hunch that by no way is it going be be below 15.5- 16 Lakh OTR Delhi
Old 18th July 2015, 00:19   #619
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Rest, I leave it to you all whether to believe or not to believe.

I / we believe you very much. I infact booked Creta sx(o) after seeing your price leak, I assumed that there would be a big queue if that was final price. I believe very firmly that Hyundai has launched Creta to conquer the market and not just to make profits with low numbers, so Creta would be priced aggressively.

Even their efforts to ensure that there shouldn't be any delays, confirm that they will price it aggressively.

I never thought Hyundai would think so much about safety and i never followed Creta from beginning. It was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by raghav135 : 18th July 2015 at 00:20.
raghav135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 00:26   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
How does City and Creta compare in rear seat space and boot space?

I've seen the leaked prices, and the Creta seems expensive for a small SUV.

Please don't compare city and creta cabin space. City is one of the roomiest sedans available in market and the cabin space is class leading along with Ciaz and Sunny. I don't think creta is that roomy from the pictures I see on the site.
Same goes for the boot too.
Old 18th July 2015, 00:28   #621
BHPian

This thing seems overpriced atleast by a lakh. Diesel variants come dangerously close to comparable XUV variants. Which is a much bigger/powerful crossover. Plus has 2(child) seats in addition.

Renault overpriced the Duster because there was no direct competition. With the Maruti coming up next, I don't see why this ploy will continue to succeed. Our markets fantasy for small cross overs not withstanding.

Personally I would give this a pass and get the XUV instead.
Ph03nix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 02:07   #622
BHPian

Judging from these prices, the SX+ AT would be very close to 18l OTR in Bangalore... Sadly looks like I have to cancel my booking. I would have stretched till 16 but anything more for a car without 6 air bags and ESP is not done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
This thing seems overpriced atleast by a lakh. Diesel variants come dangerously close to comparable XUV variants. Which is a much bigger/powerful crossover. Plus has 2(child) seats in addition.
Old 18th July 2015, 07:31   #623
BHPian

I just hope someone from Hyundai is reading all this, and recognizes the need to price it competitively rather than make small time profit. A first wrong step here will alienate this car. Then subsequent price cuts will have limited impact. People looking for Higher versions of Creta may go for xuv, lower versions to s-cross and automatic ones to Scorpio. The rest waiting for a sub 15l complete package mini suv, will then move on to the brv discussion forum. Still 4 days to go to decide ...To be or not to be a Creta owner ...
Old 18th July 2015, 08:21   #624
Senior - BHPian

I guess that these prices are being leaked to test the market reaction, feed back from what we discuss and what other similar sites discuss will play a role in the price declaration.
Hyundai will will price the 1.4 Diesel which is also in the lower exise duty segment competitively. The Petrol and 1.6 Diesel which will be the choice of some one with deeper pockets, will be priced higher. They will make a killing on the AT. There is a huge market demand from heavy users for a decently effecient diesel AT with good ground clearance and upright seats, something one can use for one day 600-800 km runs comfortably. Being first mover in this segment they will price the At higher. Any way they cannot make the number of AT's booked, unless a transmission maker comes to set shop in India.
25-30% those who booked the AT (60% in Pune) will grudgingly pay, another 15-20% will cancel, and upshift for preowned Q3, X1 or X3, etc. Those like me (with a effecient Diesel, and petrol AT at home) waiting for decent mid sized diesel AT will wait longer for the change, and many will shift down to more affordable 1.4 Manual.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 18th July 2015 at 08:23.
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 09:26   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Exactly !
If the Sx(O) priced at 14.5 ex Show room Pune , then the same version in Bangalore will be 14.7 - 14.8 ish ex show room - which translates to a 17.75 OTR here
Not just that. This price is almost equal to the Chinese spec ix25 with better features (cruise control, sunroof/moonroof/2.0l engine, etc).

I do not believe that this would be the price. But if it is, I do not see many takers.
Old 18th July 2015, 09:47   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
First of all these prices don't seem right. Moreover, version/version it seems Creta is more than a lakh over duster... Now if this becomes true a lot of heartburns and cancellations are sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Autocar might have a massive scoop or is in line for a massive fail with this piece of news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabros View Post
Prices from the Autocar seems legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
If this is not the final pricing with which the car launches, then either its a scam to see how the market reacts to it and correct accordingly, or its a genuine price list, but they might make some corrections, with lots of negative feedback coming in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
But, a little voice inside me whom I am trying to ignore, says that pricing maybe closer to Autocar's article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Another article where the author cooked up figures in his head to get some views.

EDIT: Now they have edited the prices, reducing the petrol and 1.4L diesel variant prices by 30k and the article says that Creta will get premium pricing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epuneet View Post
Autocarindia expects Creta to be priced marginally higher than Duster, ex-showroom basis.

Base petrol starts at 8.6 lakhs going upto 11.3 lakhs for the SX+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Autocar India has confirmed that the Creta prices will start from Rs 9.14 lakhs to Rs 14.53 lakhs Ex-showroom Pune.

They have compared the prices to that of the Renault Duster. Attaching a pic of the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I have noticed that they have been constantly updating this page since it went live a couple of days back, and are now very confident that these ARE the real prices ex-Pune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Autocar India have been changing the numbers on that page frequently. They first posted speculative prices, then kept changing them constantly, and are now claiming they've got the ex-showroom prices. It looks like they're bent on attracting more traffic to their website, rather than getting their accuracy correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
I don't understand this, there are 3 sets of prices shown. Compare the first two sets.

See the 1.4D Base: First set @ 9,99,112 < the second set @ 10,08,450.
Now see the 1.6SXO: First set @ 14,53,106 > Second set @ 14,39,775 (Comparing ex-showroom prices)

So the base is costlier in the second set and top end costlier in the first set? I was guessing these are prices for different cities, but then why no uniformity in the price differences, across the variants?
The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

Team,

Check your own posts which were replies to this thread, ever since the Autocar India pricing "fiasco" was published.

When it went live for the very first time (volkman10's post in page 35), "estimated" prices started at 8.9 lakhs. Look closely at that post, and you can see a H-U-G-E error from Autocar. Can't see it? Wait till the end and I will reveal all.

Then they edited it, like Marauder pointed above, bringing down the "estimated" price to "starting from" 8.6 lakhs. The third edit brought it further down to "estimated" 8.3 lakhs. Then they went back to "estimated" 8.9 lakhs, to their first original post. And then suddenly, they "pitched" their 9.14 lakhs edit (//M's post in page 37), claiming a Pune "source" (autohead115's post in page 40).

Now, look closely at that price list attachment. You can see that H-U-G-E error quite prominently again. Again, let me highlight that at the end of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If these are ex-showroom prices in Delhi, add another 30-50K in Bangalore. That makes the top of the line AT around 17 lac on road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sngautam View Post
If this is the price, I'm out as OTR in Bangalore will cross 17L. Better to put in additional 1L and buy XUV W8 or W10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
If they price it higher they may never go beyond the initial 10k bookings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
For all of us hoping that prices would be lower than Verna equivalent variant, need to tone down expectations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
I don't mind 16 L on-road (that's how much it will come to in Hyderabad I expect) for a fully loaded 2WD softroader. I don't mind paying a little bit more even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
At Rs 14 lakhs ( Ex Showroom), for the top variant in 1.6 , I find the vehicle over priced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
It this is the price, I expect a lot of the bookings to be cancelled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
This might sell well, but I feel this is taking things a lil too much. 17Lakh for a mid spec Hyundai, Ill pass, Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Looking at the prices, the 1.6 Diesel SX(O) would be 16.5L OTR Pune
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
I can foresee quite a bit of booking cancellations if these prices turn out to be the actual ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
These Pune prices seem way off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Really hoping ravenavi's prices are the correct one or I will cancel my AT booking
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
If the Sx(O) priced at 14.5 ex Show room Pune , then the same version in Bangalore will be 14.7 - 14.8 ish ex show room - which translates to a 17.75 OTR here , not dangerously close to XUV 500 but bang on the XUV W8 Diesel OTR price
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
If the leaked prices are indeed correct, then I will be the first guy to cancel my booking. 17 lacs for an automatic which is not fully loaded is day light robbery. Wait for my next car continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix View Post
This thing seems overpriced atleast by a lakh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Judging from these prices, the SX+ AT would be very close to 18l OTR in Bangalore... Sadly looks like I have to cancel my booking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
25-30% those who booked the AT (60% in Pune) will grudgingly pay, another 15-20% will cancel, and upshift for preowned Q3, X1 or X3, etc.
The only "premium" part of the Creta is the 6-speed Automatic gearbox which, I am told, is still a fully imported unit (doing duty in the Elantra at present). I am still not sure about the 7" Touchscreen HU, but if they can offer it on the 1.4L Diesel S+, I am pretty sure it's an India-made HU.

All the rest, if you go through the official brochure posted yesterday, is more or less similar to Hyundai's 8 lakh-12 lakh offerings (Elite i20 to Verna).

Actually the Creta loses some features compared to the other Hyundais - no Electro-chromic Interior Rear-View Mirror (Auto dimming mirror, as you guys call it), no Auto folding/unfolding Outside Rear-View Mirrors (the Elite i20 Asta has it), most of the other top-end features restricted to the top SX(O) model only, no airbags in the 2 base models, etc. All of this was done because they had to introduce the Creta at a very value-for-money price range.

I would like to take you all back to the moment when they had announced "we are confident that we will surprise the market with our prices." Shortly after, Rakesh Shrivastava's interview on CNBC clearly gave the indication of the price range - "we are looking directly at the 8 lakhs - 12 lakhs space."

Now, would you believe the words coming directly from the horse's mouth, or pure speculation by Autocar India who, while being a highly-respected and trustworthy publication, have decided to go with fabricated things such as price lists, repeatedly-edited posts, moderating comments which exposed their hunger for the spotlight, etc.?

BTW, this was the comment I had left on their post's page, but which was not approved by their moderating team -

"Why is a responsible publication like Autocar India deal in such irresponsible journalism? Putting cooked-up "estimate" prices and then consequently editing them over and over until you reach price figures which are 30,000 rupees cheaper variant-to-variant?
Similar editing thing happened yesterday when the Creta/S-Cross comparo was put up - initially the SX(O) was missing, and later added. And it was published that the Creta didn't have automatic climate control in any variant!!
Why are the high standards of ACI coming down so drastically, just because you have to have a chunk of the spotlight pie that the red-hot Hyundai Creta is grabbing right now?
Pathetic show, guys. Really, really careless of you."

(If you want to have a look at that misleading "comparo" of the Creta & the S-Cross which I spoke about, here it is -LINK)

Please wait till the 21st of July
before taking any/all decisions in absolute haste, based solely on this ACI "fabrication".

As for why I said that the whole thing (including their so-called "Pune price list") is fabricated, please wait till the final section of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
There was a significant void below Santa Fe and they would be trying to plug the gap with one more "premium" offering.
Actually, you are spot on, my friend.

The gap between the Creta and the Santa Fe will be plugged, NOT by the Creta itself, but by a *NEW* SUV offering which is being developed on the ix35/Tucson platform. This will be Hyundai's XUV 500/Yeti challenger, and is expected to come by 2018. LINK

Naturally, the Creta slots below this new, more premium SUV, which is currently in the developmental stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
OK it looks like the prices are out, someone grabbed the price sheet from a pune dealer and posted on autocar forums it seems, Autocar already blogged about it. Pricing looks a bit on the higher side, i guess many would be dissapointed with top of the line 1.6 diesel going north of 16L now
And now for this final reply of my long post.

I will keep things real short - how can this "Pune price list" be the absolute, FINAL real deal, when they have highlighted a non-existent Creta variant called the "Petrol SX"??

Knowing Hyundai India (or any other car major, for that matter),they will NOT make a big mistake of listing prices of a major segment offering with such a SILLY and H-U-G-E mistake in their so-called "pricing list", more so when it's for a big, sophisticated, knowledgeable market like Pune, Maharashtra.

Name:  1.GIF
Views: 7101
Size:  157.6 KB

Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.gif

No, I don't buy any argument that it was/is a typo. No chance!

Unpleasant things now aside, someone posted a query about wanting to see exactly how big the boot was? Here's a snap of the boot:
Preview: Hyundai Creta-11181238_761204677324040_4416222291274278467_o.jpg

The left side intrusion is created by the channel for the fuel supply to the fuel tank. You can also see minor intrusions by the wheel wells. But overall, the boot is quite spacious at ~400 liters, give or take a few.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2015 at 10:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 10:19   #627
BHPian

RavenAvi, i really love your passion for getting things right. I have 100% faith in the pricing given by you and i am sure to go ahead and pay the down payment on 21st immediately after your + team BHP review is out. I hope you can do it as fast on 21st as possible before the waited gets longer and longer .
akshatmangal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 10:48   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

I will keep things real short - how can this "Pune price list" be the absolute, FINAL real deal, when they have highlighted a non-existent Creta variant called the "Petrol SX"??

Knowing Hyundai India (or any other car major, for that matter),they will NOT make a big mistake of listing prices of a major segment offering with such a SILLY and H-U-G-E mistake in their so-called "pricing list", more so when it's for a big, sophisticated, knowledgeable market like Pune, Maharashtra.
Looking at the price list yesterday I immediately thought that it is fake and looks like someone sat at home to create this chart in Word, took a print out and posted on Autocar India forum saying he or she received it from a dealer.

There is No way that any dealer will receive actual pricing from Hyundai before the launch. Every dealer would have an idea of what the pricing would be but not the actual price. Moreover, a dealer would not go ahead and create an on-road price chart before the actual price is released.

How many times have we gone to a dealership (outside Delhi) on launch day and the SA told us that the price list will be available in a day or two. That is because on launch day, Hyundai will reveal ex-showroom price Delhi and late evening or next day, prices for other city is revealed which then gets shared with all dealers to build their price chart.

For eg. in case of Jazz, I got the price list in Mumbai only 2 days after the launch.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 10:50   #629
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

@ravenavi. Thanks for pointing out the Autocar goof ups. Now I am beginning to like what you are saying. Since you have your quote I am going to have to trust you on your initial prices. I am going to book the SX(O) tomorrow. I thought long and hard on the auto. Since I have a driver decided to go for the manual with all the bells and whistles. It's atleast going to be safer on the highways for the family.
Also heading to GTO's advice I am going to keep the 3 year old Punto and trade my 2006 Fiesta.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 18th July 2015 at 11:02.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 11:50   #630
Senior - BHPian

Ravenavi, the CretaMan, you are the person to go for any info.

Do share your inputs on the points raised by me on the last page on AVN playing movies while car is running and how to plug movies in the absence of CD Player.

I see the rear seats legroom cramped, given the fact that it has space, the rear seats could have been pushed a little more behind to give more free legroom in the second row.

Also, any idea if the dealers would do an exchange, I mean buy back old car while buying Creta. Cant keep 2 cars at home, need to sell the older one.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 18th July 2015 at 12:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks