Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 12:15   #286
BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Got my 3rd 'Free' service done for the Petrol Creta yesterday, the final bill amount was Rs.3841. Of this amount 50% was just for Wheel Alignment and Balancing, planning an outstation trip hence decided to get it done at the dealer itself.
Overall the cost of ownership seems to be very nominal, and car totally seems to be trouble free!
I am getting a mileage of about 12kmpl in the Delhi-Gurgaon commute, and about 13kmpl on highways. Not sure why the mileage does not see a significant improvement on highways(like YEW!) :(
DuHasstMich is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 00:02   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

PARTING MOMENTS...

So, eventually, the D-day came on Thursday, 29th June, 2017. Remember my earlier post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Meanwhile, I am getting a really tempting offer from a businessman in my city who has fallen "head over heels" for my immaculately maintained Lazarus. He has come to our home 4-5 times now, and ends up drooling at Lazarus every time he leaves.

With the impending GST set to make SUVs cheaper, I am really, really tempted to sell Lazarus and pick up a good, performance-oriented car post GST.
Well, I weighed over everything in the current situation and my practical mind got the better of me.

- Owning a petrol SUV will take a big hit in resale value further down the line, specially in the area where I live.
- Impending GST rollout has indications from all sides that SUV prices will plummet post 1st July.
- Hyundai service had lost it's zing, from my last mis-experience.
- Lack of power of the Creta while climbing slopes and ghat sections.
- Missing features vis-a-vis pricing.
- The Don Vito Corleone offer!

For the last part, I was helped in no small part by the "Godfather"-esque deal I was "gifted" by this self-proclaimed fan of Lazarus:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-offer1.jpg

As soon as he got my green signal, the gentleman practically ran over to meet me and immediately paid up ~40% of his offer as advance. He promised to pick up Lazarus in the next few days, as soon as he was a bit more free from his businesses and other worldly affairs.

That "next few days" stretched till yesterday afternoon at 4 PM, when he finally came over to pay the rest of the amount and pick up Lazarus. Meanwhile, I had the name transfer done at the RTO office through a relative, whose charges were fully paid by him too.

I explained some of the features and gear shifting (specially the reverse gear, by lifting the button below the gear lever) to him while he listened intently. Most of the service work is already done by me, so he is practically guaranteed a "just fill the tank and keep driving" period till the 20,000-kms milestone shows up on Lazarus' ODOmeter.

As soon as he got in, I felt a pinch deep in my heart. As I said somewhere else yesterday:

Quote:
Funny how each time you part with a car with whom you have grown attached to, it feels like the thing takes away a part of your life with it.
I can be as practical as I want, but there is a deep attachment I have for each one of my cars.

I asked him to send me regular updates and a pic of Lazarus every month (on WhatsApp) to let me know that all is well and running with my steed. He promised to do so with a smile, and he was off. And thus, Lazarus drove out of my life to spread smiles in someone else's.

The deal:-
bought at Rs 12.84 lakhs OTR on 28th July 2015,
sold at Rs 11.20 lakhs @ 11,215 kms on the ODO on 29th June 2017.

Last shots, on an overcast day:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-image3p.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-image2p.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-image1p.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-image4.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-image5p.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-image6p.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-image7p.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-image8.jpg

Bye, my Korean friend.

Hope you keep your new owner as happy, content and full of joy as me.

I can't deny it - there is some gloom in our home ever since Lazarus left yesterday afternoon. It has even made me go into deep introspection myself, despite my very practical nature. So much so, that I have been contemplating to change my Signature to "Parting from my cars since 2012"!

Any way, now the wait begins for post-GST prices, and for the new steed which will be a part of my life. For the next few years, hopefully.

Specially, this one:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-jeepcompass_827x510_61479370820.jpg
(Source)

Adios!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st July 2017 at 00:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 00:20   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[u][b]PARTING MOMENTS...

So, eventually, the D-day came on Thursday, 29th June, 2017.
The moment I saw this thread in unread section, I somehow dreaded this news. You had mentioned some time back about this gentleman willing to take over Lazarus. Never thought it would be so soon. Lazarus would be missed.

Do keep updating about your next ride.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 1st July 2017 at 00:22.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 00:27   #289
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Congrats RavenAvi on the excellent deal you got there. It makes sense to go with one's heart while buying a car, but you can't deny the fact that cars from Hyundai and Maruti can fetch you very good resale value, which does bring the much needed joy even after parting from your car.

I have a feeling that yours is going to be the first Compass ownership review on Team-BHP. Just like the Creta.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 01:01   #290
Team-BHP Support

Must admit that it was a brilliant deal - no wonder you couldn't refuse it. Looks like the new owner is equally fond of the car and Lazarus is in good hands.

By the way, the current stage of Compass is similar to the introduction stage of Lazarus in your life as well. The expectations on pricing etc included. Hope the prices match your expectations this time. If not, GST is sure to bring some nice pre-owned Germans into this affordable price range.

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st July 2017 at 06:36. Reason: As requested.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 12:39   #291
BHPian

That is a great deal and your decision points are as practical as they can get. Congrats
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 18:00   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bye, my Korean friend.

Hope you keep your new owner as happy, content and full of joy as me.

Oh man. There goes my car's batch mate . Can't deny the fact that the deal you got was superb. Now waiting for yet another ownership of yours. Keep us posted.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 18:31   #293
BHPian

Still feel 11k is too less to even judge a car properly, anyway that was fantastic resale
Don't even consider the jeep compass due to the poor service network they will have initially, would openly recommend a used german at those prices
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 00:27   #294
BANNED

I have been a silent reader of your thread & use to love your reviews before I became a member. Now since i have become one & have a chance to interact with you. Its sad that you have sold Lazarus at a very short ownership period but I am glad you sold it for a very good price. The mind wins over the heart. I will be waiting for your new ownership review.
Cheers
visky
visky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 09:53   #295
BHPian

Re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Read inbetween this thread about your visit to Chitrakote Falls. I would appreciate pointers to hotels suitable for families in Jagdalpur. It seems that it is difficult to get bookings at Dandami Luxury Resort during the holiday season. Any other inputs /links related to visit to Chitrakote/Jagdalpur will be highly appreciated.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:46   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Read inbetween this thread about your visit to Chitrakote Falls. I would appreciate pointers to hotels suitable for families in Jagdalpur. It seems that it is difficult to get bookings at Dandami Luxury Resort during the holiday season. Any other inputs /links related to visit to Chitrakote/Jagdalpur will be highly appreciated.
Good morning. Apologies for the late reply, because I saw your post just now.

When are you planning to visit Chitrakote? The festive season is over now so the resort at Chitrakote might be a bit more more free. Try again in the next few days.

Jagdalpur is a 40-minute drive from Chitrakote. Accomodation here can be availed at:

Hotel Akanksha - http://www.hotelakanksha.com/

Hotel Laxman Avenue - http://laxmanavenue.com/

Hotel Devansh - http://www.devanshresidency.com/

Ganpati Resorts - http://www.ganpatiresorts.com/

Naman Bastar Resort - http://www.nivalink.com/hotel/namanbastar

Among these, the Naman Bastar Resort is situated on the road leading to Chitrakote, on the outskirts of Jagdalpur. You can talk to Mr Rao who's the manager there at 9406070895, or at the landline number which is 07782-229740.

Ganpati Resorts is on the other side of the city, on the roads leading to Odisha. My uncle-in-law is the manager there. His name is Dinesh Acharya and his number is 7999488483.

Akanksha Hotel is situated in the middle of Jagdalpur city. This hotel always has rooms free, even if all other hotels are completely full. Contact number - 7587487189. The owner is Mr Lunia, who can be reached at 9329657771.

Warm regards,

Avi.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 11:53   #297
BHPian

Quote:
When are you planning to visit Chitrakote? The festive season is over now so the resort at Chitrakote might be a bit more more free. Try again in the next few days.
Thanks a ton for your detailed update. The resort at Chitrakote is fully booked. Even Hotel Akanksha is booked. Finally i managed to get a booking at Hotel Devansh. I am planning to visit Chitrakote in the last week of December. Would appreciate if you could suggest a few places to visit/things to do apart from Chitrakote falls.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 22:18   #298
BHPian

Quote:

The deal:-
bought at Rs 12.84 lakhs OTR on 28th July 2015,
sold at Rs 11.20 lakhs @ 11,215 kms on the ODO on 29th June 2017.
Wow! That is a sweet deal! Can't get better than that

Only 12% less for a 2 year old car that ran 11K kms. This is an insanely good deal for the buyer. Congrats RavenAvi!
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 16:43   #299
Senior - BHPian

What did you replace the Creta with ?
Old 11th July 2018, 16:56   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
What did you replace the Creta with ?
I think it was the XUV?
avdhesh15 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks