Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 16:03   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

First Free Service @ 1,430 Kms on the ODO

The Service was on my mind the past few days, but since it was a routine General Checkup, I had initially planned to skip it. But then I had some free time earlier today, so I decided to avail it anyway.

Also, I wanted to have a dekko at the OEM Creta mats, since neither Maxpider nor CarMatsIndia had replied back to my 3 emails sent to them till now.

Lazarus has absolutely no issues at all, and I had given him a thorough wash last Sunday. This meant that the service would be over sooner than usual, and I was right. I was in and out of the Shivnath Hyundai Service Center in exactly 2 hours.

Jobs listed:

Air Filter to be cleaned,
AC Filter to be cleaned,
Coolant level to be checked,
Battery's distilled water levels to be checked,
Air Pressure in all 5 tyres to be checked.
Washing to be skipped.

In short, the routine General Checkup. I skipped washing because I had washed Lazarus thoroughly last Sunday, and I had feedback from other Hyundai owners that the washing at Shivnath Hyundai's Service Center was not upto par.

When they drove Lazarus into the hangar after I picked up my stuff (USB drives, car charger, etc.), I went to the accessory section and checked out the OEM Creta mats.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150904_141245.jpg

They seemed decent enough for the Rs.1,488/- price they commanded, and came with a rear center peice as well. Got them fitted below the Universal rubber mats I am using right now, since the rainy season is still in full flow and the rubber mats are a boon in keeping the mud stuck to them.

These mats have a silver "Creta" sewing done on the right side, which gives off a slight glowing effect in the dark.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150904_141235.jpg

Looks cool, and will have to do until I procure a good set of 3D mats.

Both filters (Air/AC) were duly cleaned, distilled water levels were topped up (slightly), coolant level was found to be perfectly OK, and all 5 tyres were checked and set at 33 PSI each. I insisted to them to raise the PSI for the stepney to 36, which they did so without any fuss. Interior cleaning via air pressure was done thoroughly, covering all parts of the cabin - front, rear and boot.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150904_122711.jpg

Electricals were checked and found to be okay, and the workshop supervisor asked if I had any other complaints from the car. I gave him a thumbs up saying all is perfect with my Lazarus, after which they proceeded to do the cleanup of his front windshield. I went back to the main showroom, and I had some general chit-chat with the dealership manager about Cretas, Audis, BMWs, etc., and was served some nice hot tea.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150904_132241.jpg

I was in at 11:45 AM, and I drove out after handing over the gate-pass to the guard at 1:45 PM.

Overall, a pleasant experience. I am thinking of sticking to my original Hyundai dealership, Shankara, for the Second Free Service next year, which will be a major one.

Bill Details:

Carpet Mats = 1488.30
Liquid Windshield Wash = 36.40
VAT @ 14% = 213.46

TOTAL = 1738.16 (rounded to Rs.1,738/-)

I had ordered a fresh Jopasu Duster for Lazarus from eBay on August 28th, and had received it couple days back.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150904_155908.jpg

Will be out shopping for a few more detailing/cleaning goodies in the next few days, depending on my free time.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th September 2015 at 16:05.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 17:32   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

They seemed decent enough for the Rs.1,488/- price they commanded, and came with a rear center peice as well. Got them fitted below the Universal rubber mats I am using right now, since the rainy season is still in full flow and the rubber mats are a boon in keeping the mud stuck to them.
Dont the carpet mats come along with the purchase of the vehicle?

Quote:
Carpet Mats = 1488.30
Liquid Windshield Wash = 36.40
VAT @ 14% = 213.46

TOTAL = 1738.16 (rounded to Rs.1,738/-)
It would be interesting to know what would be cost of a general service (oil change, diesel filter change, etc) once the free services are over. I remember Hyundai claiming that they will keep the cost of maintenance low. Any word from service center on this?
Old 4th September 2015, 18:10   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Dont the carpet mats come along with the purchase of the vehicle?
Nope.

Just a thin layer of carpeting all over the cabin's floor is provided..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
It would be interesting to know what would be cost of a general service (oil change, diesel filter change, etc) once the free services are over. I remember Hyundai claiming that they will keep the cost of maintenance low. Any word from service center on this?
Nope, but I had a look at a chart hung over the bay section which detailed the labour charges for various jobs, and I found them all to be pretty reasonable.

Come the day post 1 year from delivery date (or 9,000-10,000 kms, whichever is earlier), I am sure the servicing bill will be quite reasonable as well.
Old 4th September 2015, 18:19   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Nope.

Hmm. That's disappointing.

Hope the maintenance is reasonable as you said.

Thanks for the reply Avinash.
Old 6th September 2015, 00:31   #170
BHPian

Hey Avi, a couple of quick questions since I remember you mentioning in one of your posts that you had an iPhone.

1) Does the iPhone charge when you directly plug in to the USB port?
2) Can you browse and play songs off your iPhone directly from the system when the phone is plugged in via the USB?

Also noticed you had an android phone too, so perhaps you could answer these replacing the iPhone with an android phone, for the benefit of the android phone owners here.

Cheers!
Old 6th September 2015, 20:09   #171
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Nope.

I got these same mats as a freebie apart from the Ganesha idol and a flimsy perfume card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Hey Avi, a couple of quick questions since I remember you mentioning in one of your posts that you had an iPhone.

2) Can you browse and play songs off your iPhone directly from the system when the phone is plugged in via the USB?

Also noticed you had an android phone too, so perhaps you could answer these replacing the iPhone with an android phone, for the benefit of the android phone owners here.

Cheers!
I have an android phone and use Bluetooth to play songs. The songs appear on the HU and you can browse them. Never tried with the USB cable because I use that to connect it to the charger/phone.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th September 2015 at 20:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 22:13   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(Somewhere out there, a Korean compact SUV was starting to whisper "Wait for me...")
Hey, Congrats on the car. My dad is planning to upgrade his current ride, the City 2009. He asked me to select a suitable car for him. City has covered 1,10,xxx Kms and is doing strong. Apart from regular services, we haven't spend anything more on maintenance.

My choice was Maruti Ciaz but Mom wanted an SUV type, as she is fed up with our City bottoming every where. I went for a different tyre profile (195/60) this time to increase the ground clearance, whether it worked or not is debatable.

So my question is whether Creta will feel like a upgrade when compared to the City, interior space wise. Equipment wise there is no question. With all those niggles on the new City, I am bit worried to go for it as well.

Budget up to 15 lakhs. My dad gets road tax exemption(for handicapped people), so its open up more possibilities with this budget.

Shortlisted cars are
Honda City.
Hyundai Creta.
Maruti Ciaz.
Toyota Corolla.

but the strong contenders are Ciaz and Creta.

Looking forwards to get more input from you and fellow bhpians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
I got these same mats as a freebie apart from the Ganesha idol and a flimsy perfume card.

Last edited by ecenandu : 6th September 2015 at 22:20.
Old 7th September 2015, 10:28   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post

Haven't used my 6 Plus via the USB yet, so I shall get back to you on this.

I usually head out with both phones fully charged from home itself, so haven't felt the need to use the car charger yet. But the few times I have used it for my A7, it has charged just fine. Not tried for the 6 Plus yet.

My music is stored in multiple USB drives, and I use my phones for calling, messaging and 3G/Wi-Fi only. As such, my phone storages are completely free from music and videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
The mats hadn't arrived when I took delivery.

Got the OEM mudflaps as a free gift from the dealership, but they are a joke. Looking forward to replace them as soon as I see some good, effective ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
So my question is whether Creta will feel like a upgrade when compared to the City, interior space wise. Equipment wise there is no question. With all those niggles on the new City, I am bit worried to go for it as well.

Budget up to 15 lakhs. My dad gets road tax exemption(for handicapped people), so its open up more possibilities with this budget.
If headroom and shoulder room are top priority, then yes. The Creta is a notch above the City in this regard. The front seats are inherently more spacious, you get a very roomy feeling, and there's plenty of space between your head and the roof of the cabin. Ergo, no bumping heads on the roof when going over a speed-breaker.

But in terms of rear bench space, the City is still a step ahead. Boot space is almost the same in both cars, despite the different specifications.

From what I have experienced in my 2014 City, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Hyundai has actually upped their ante in the past few years, and the Creta is a great example of this.

Go for the Creta - you will love the experience, I promise.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th September 2015 at 10:29.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 01:03   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Go for the Creta - you will love the experience, I promise.
Thanks a lot for your comments, I'm not in India currently, so this is like selecting a car purely based on online reviews. Anyways, I will ask my cousin to check the car in person along with my dad.

My selection of City in 2009 was also based on Team bhp review. We currently have one Hyundai in the family, my sister's Verna. I'm not a fan of its handling but it is doing good.

Creta was not in my list at first but it was my Mom who suggested the Creta, I was pleasantly surprised that she knows the Creta. for the PR and advertising team in Hyundai.

Most likely it will be Creta, thank you once again for the comments.

Any other compact SUV coming to the market in near future, we have time to decide. I'm not a big fan of sub 4m SUV's.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 12:17   #175
BHPian

Hi Raven

After seeing your post in The Elite i20 Celebration Edition thread, was wondering how would a White Creta look with a 3M Satin Black roof wrap. Reminds me of a range rover photograph i saw some time back, which looked awesome with black roof and pillars.

I am likely to get delivery of my Creta by 18th Sep so thoughts already ON for some mods/addns
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 13:26   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Hi Raven

After seeing your post in The Elite i20 Celebration Edition thread, was wondering how would a White Creta look with a 3M Satin Black roof wrap. Reminds me of a range rover photograph i saw some time back, which looked awesome with black roof and pillars.

I am likely to get delivery of my Creta by 18th Sep so thoughts already ON for some mods/addns
Like this ☺. At the 3M store
Attached Thumbnails
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-1441870297421.jpg  

manku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 13:51   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150910_121906.jpg

The Low-Fuel Warning light came on earlier in the morning just when I was easing Lazarus out of my garage space, and this time I decided to fill his tank up completely. The nearest Indian Oil bunk is about 1 km away, and Lazarus took in exactly 51.50 liters to be filled up to the brim.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150910_122429.jpg

This means that the main fuel tank is around ~51 liters, which leaves ~4 liters as reserve, from the moment the "Low-Fuel" Warning comes on.

This translates to a healthy range of about 36-40 kms inside the city & 56-60 kms on the highway for the petrol Creta.

For the diesel Creta,
this is around 60-64 kms inside the city & 72-76 kms on the highway, until the reserve tank fully runs out.

All Creta owners, please make a note of this.

Also, another important point to note about the in-city mileage of the petrol Creta:

Lazarus's last fill-up was 38.23 liters, and that has yielded 428 kms (from Low-Fuel Warning to Low-Fuel Warning), and for this entire duration I have driven Lazarus exclusively in the city only, with the FATC on 100% of the time and the in-cabin temperature set at 23°C. This pegs the Fuel Efficiency of the petrol Creta at 11.2 kmpl inside the city!

Either I am a fantastic driver and am oblivious of this fact, or that the Creta's 1.6L VTVT Gamma powerplant is an engine retuned equally for performance and fuel efficiency both. I strongly suspect the latter, since my driving skill certifications are very debatable.

But, considering the fact that my 2012 Honda City Corporate used to give 11 kmpl inside the city and it was a pretty frugal 1.5L i-VTEC unit, I can now confidently say that this 1.6L VTVT will keep petrol owners very happy in the days to come.

And for those who were apprehensive about me opening up the engine so quickly, let me put all those apprehensions to rest right now. The engine has opened up fantastically, and is performing much better than what I expected it to.

Hoping for equally cheerful days ahead. Ciao!
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 15:27   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Like this ☺. At the 3M store
Wow. I love it
Thanks for making my day.
Will surely go for it and may extend to the rear spoiler and C pillar.
Also plan to mask the rear chrome strip with a black covering.
Something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-rangerovervoguesesupercharged20131571kmdhs.58500019.jpg  

Last edited by nkghai : 10th September 2015 at 15:33. Reason: adding photo
nkghai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 15:56   #179
BHPian

Quote:

And for those who were apprehensive about me opening up the engine so quickly
Can you please elaborate RavenAvi? Mine is a 1.6 diesel and I have done only 300 odd kms so far but I am taking it out to Pondicherry from Bangalore and I think the round trip (plus local) would be 1000 kms...Their are some good 6 lane stretches and I will certainly to three digits for a decent portion. Is that not recommended? I haven't really found such a warning on the manual...although I am yet to finish it. The korean to English translation does not make it the best read in the worls anyway
Old 10th September 2015, 16:51   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Wow. I love it
Thanks for making my day.
Will surely go for it and may extend to the rear spoiler and C pillar.
Also plan to mask the rear chrome strip with a black covering.
Something like this.
I saw another one with the rear spoiler done and it looked great. I might go for that too. My 3M guy showed someone who had five the C pillar and I didn't really like it. Even if you can photoshop it first.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks