Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:17   #16
BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Excellent writeup Raven Bhai, you must seriously pursue a career as an author, superb narration. Trust me I went through the same exact emotions that you went and infact made up my mind on the 15 lac figure. The day prices were revealed, it completely threw me off. I started comparing with my existing Fiesta and my heart told me this isn't the one and cancelled my booking. My search continues, wish you a lot of happy miles with your Lauruz.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

All who have been following the Creta thread are already privy to your decision making process and your emotions. But in spite of that, this was a thrilling read!!

Congratulations!

And a wonderfully detailed report of the heart and mind combined. The section about the drive was beautifully explained

Wishing you many happy miles and rating this thread 5 stars
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Lazarus, let's ride!
Congratulations RavenAvi sir. From your detailed review we can understand how difficult (though confusing is the apt word) it would have been for you to choose Creta, after Hyundai screwed the prices.

Nevertheless, everything has come to a happy end & now its time to enjoy !

NOTE : As mentioned in official review post I will call he/she as Lazarus- The Majestic
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:52   #19

And I thought all this while that I'm the only CRAZY Guy following the Creta so feverishly. The article is awesome and probably cant get better than this.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2015 at 17:05. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
TVish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:56   #20
RSR
Senior - BHPian

What a fantastic review, RavenAvi! The attention to detail is simply superb, worthy of an official review! Rated it a thoroughly deserved 5*.

I normally don't hang around much in the ownership reviews section, but your super review has made me realise my folly in not doing so. I must have missed many quality ownership reviews. From now on, I'll make it a point to spend at least some time in this section of the forum.

Thanks for the kind mention, amigo mío! I was also a bit surprised that 4th, 5th & 6th gears are technically "overdrive" ones, but the 4th is rather close to being a 1:1 ratio. The tall 5th and very tall 6th should definitely help while cruising on the highway, and in extracting good fuel efficiency!

Enjoy the company of your Lazarus, take care and drive safe, mon ami. Wish you many, many happy miles and smiles!
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:01   #21
BHPian

Finally! Its here! It's a great car, and an even better review. I've been ever so impatiently waiting for it to emerge from the Assembly Line.
My hearty congratulations sir! The Creta seems to be the most well rounded compact SUV as of today. I hope you have a blast with the machine.

Question: Are the SX(o) grab handles fixed as well?

PS: I really owe you a sincere thanks for dutifully spilling timely updates on the ix25/Creta threads. It kept the excitement levels sky high. Kudos to your birdie as well!
Turbo_asd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:11   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations RavenAvi !

I had been waiting since long for this. You have covered nearly everything and like others, I also feel that this is an excellent report and very aptly rated it 5*. I was also disheartened after the pricing fiasco but somehow this still ticks the right boxes.

Will be eagerly following this thread. Who knows I might end up with SX+ petrol !

as I have already written a letter to Hyundai management for launching SX(O).

Last edited by BoneCollector : 3rd August 2015 at 17:15.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:15   #23
BHPian

Wow, What a write up, Superb review too !

Congratulations on your new buy. She is absolutely beautiful, Especially in white. Wishing you very long and delightful ownership.

Drive safe.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2015 at 17:37.
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:35   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Let me answer that - No, it's not fixed. I have covered that in my ownership report.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:47   #25
BHPian

CONGRATS RavenAvi! Wishing you many many Miles of Safe and happy Driving in your new beauty.

Your thread of your Honda City "Empress" is a Gold Standard on Team-BHP, and i'm sure this one will also follow in the same spirit.

i was eagerly awaiting for an initial detailed review from a Creta owner and i congratulate you for taking the effort in giving us a precise and clinical analysis of your new steer. 5 Gold Stars indeed!

Congrats once again. Cheers.

Last edited by sapeco : 3rd August 2015 at 17:51. Reason: text
sapeco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratualtions RavenAvi Wish you happy miles with Lazarus.

A wonderfully composed review similar to our Team BHP offical review and a special thanks for making time to pen the report and post it within one week of taking the car.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 18:37   #27
BHPian

Is there any review in teambhp as exhaustive as this??😱can place this comfortably in the top 5 exhaustive narrations.

Excellent write up sir.

Did the 15 kmpl FE is during sedate or slightly spirited (given the new car you wouldn't have pushed it much) driving?

Anyways congrats and wish you happy unlimited kms out of it.
printh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 18:54   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, team! Your kind words have made all the late night efforts in compiling this report absolutely worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I thought I'm reading an official review - hats off to the detail man! Rating thread 5 stars. Congratulations on the Creta.
From THE man himself! Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Only one sore side. The under body coating was sprayed on the wheels also. They should have cared a little bit more to clean the same before you taking the snap.
They were in a bit of a haste since they had a deadline to meet. All's forgiven in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The folks compiling the official review have their work cut out. This is going to take some effort to better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Now the Mods have their work cut out for the official review.
Thank you, Rajeev & satan's_valet!

Our Team-BHP Official Review will be a package wrapped in dynamite, rest assured. My humble ownership report will pale in comparison. Just wait and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I saw that opening picture as I thought you probably got your 'Lazarus' wrapped in that shade.
Whoa! Don't tempt me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Planning to get any aftermarket floor mats? I have the mats from the dealer and it's bad. Looking at options now.
I am very eager and excited to read your report as well. Can't wait to see it once it's fresh out of Assembly Line!

That's why I didn't take mats from the dealer.

Planning to hit the accessory shops tomorrow and grab any good stuff I can. Cabin and boot mats are a must. Will update accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Excellent writeup Raven Bhai, you must seriously pursue a career as an author, superb narration.
Trust me when I say this - absolutely no space for yet another career in my life right now! That's just the avid book-reader part of me coming to the fore here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
And a wonderfully detailed report of the heart and mind combined.
Very rarely do the twine meet, and it's absolute bliss when they do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
NOTE : As mentioned in official review post I will call he/she as Lazarus- The Majestic
The stance and the demeanour are indeed majestic, wherever he's parked! Wonderful tag. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I normally don't hang around much in the ownership reviews section, but your super review has made me realise my folly in not doing so. I must have missed many quality ownership reviews. From now on, I'll make it a point to spend at least some time in this section of the forum.
Thank you so much for the kind words, my friend. Now you know what you have been missing! Quickly do a search for all other ownership threads of mine, grab a coffee, and go through them. I hope you have plenty of spare time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I was also a bit surprised that 4th, 5th & 6th gears are technically "overdrive" ones, but the 4th is rather close to being a 1:1 ratio. The tall 5th and very tall 6th should definitely help while cruising on the highway, and in extracting good fuel efficiency!
The upshifter prompts you to shift to 5th at ~60 kmph, and to 6th at ~70 kmph. The engine has been definitely tweaked for the mileage conscious.

In fact, it caters to both (sedate drivers and performance seekers) when flat roads & expressways are in front of you. The engine is eager to pull and pulls cleanly over 100 kmph in no time. Stability is also fantastic to match the high speeds as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post

PS: I really owe you a sincere thanks for dutifully spilling timely updates on the ix25/Creta threads. It kept the excitement levels sky high. Kudos to your birdie as well!
No, they are not. Fixed grab handles are across the Creta range.

You are most welcome, on behalf of me and my birdie. They will be happy to read this feedback when they sit down to check Team-BHP later in the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Will be eagerly following this thread. Who knows I might end up with SX+ petrol !
Congratulations in advance, if you do!

I don't think they will be launching any new variants until the next fiscal year, at least. With the number of bookings and waiting periods quoted, I suspect they will have their hands full until March 2016.

Also, they will be keeping a close watch on the competition as well - with the Duster/EcoSport facelifts around the corner, plus a couple of new launches on the horizon (VW Taigun, Honda BR-V, etc.), maybe then they will introduce new variants with some newly added features as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapeco View Post
Your thread of your Honda City "Empress" is a Gold Standard on Team-BHP, and i'm sure this one will also follow in the same spirit.
Thank you very much for the kind words, sir. I stand very humbly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
A wonderfully composed review similar to our Team BHP offical review and a special thanks for making time to pen the report and post it within one week of taking the car.
Did my best within the short time period, my friend. Big thanks to GTO for moving this report out so soon as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Did the 15 kmpl FE is during sedate or slightly spirited (given the new car you wouldn't have pushed it much) driving?
Sedate driving. Rarely have I pushed Lazarus beyond 100 kmph, and that was just to test how much the engine can stretch it's legs on flat roads.

I am taking it easy for the first 1000 kms (750 of them done already!), and rest assured that Lazarus will be doing more 100+ kmph sprints after that milestone is done.

Average speed for this duration (according to the car's computer) is 42 kmph, which is a mix of 80% highway driving and 20% in-city bumper-to-bumper driving so far. On the highways, I try to keep him steady between 75-80 kmph, while he runs at around 30-35 kmph speeds inside the city, beside the boring crawls of B2B traffic.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd August 2015 at 18:58.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 18:59   #29
MSC
BHPian

Excellent. Frankly speaking I was waiting eagerly for official review. Before the official review we have got an unofficial review with plenty of pictures in high resolution.
Wish you happy motoring days with your 1.6 petrol power.
MSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:32   #30
BHPian

Balle Balle . Don't know to write Punjabi songs in English else I would have written here.

Great choice of Petrol. Sensible decision. The Petrol engine would give no worries at all having owned a previous Hyundai Accent with no engine trouble till 110000 kms. The engines would be much much better now.

The car looks magnificent. Have a great time buddy..

As somebody said, the official reviewers are going to have a tough time writing a better review.

I too had a mind to go for Creta by exchanging the City. But since the Automatic variant of Diesel is another 3 to 4 lakhs away on exchange, just did not think it's worthy enough. Moreover with travelling below only 1000 kms a month, Diesel is not really needed for me.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 3rd August 2015 at 19:35.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed