Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:31   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-a6vso9s95gvt0008.jpg
Source

“Once upon a time there was a man with no heart.
Drifting through black-and-white life, caring naught for those hurt,
and never, ever allowing another near enough to hurt him.
Until, on the least likely day, the most unlikely place,
the man with no heart met the most surprising person.
He was fearless.
He was strength and power.
He wore his heart boldly on his sleeve.
The man with no heart began, shockingly,
to feel a movement in his breast.
A stretching, a slow, steady beat...”

- Shannon Noelle Long, Second Coming

PRELUDE:

I have always aspired for an SUV.

Since my teenage years, those muscled, huge giants of the roads have left me awestruck. The first one which made a deep impression on me was the Mahindra Scorpio, with it's dominating road presence. My uncle owned one and I used to accompany him on his drives, and the commanding view of everything in front of it and the respect it absolutely demanded from fellow drivers on the roads made me yearn to have one someday.

The FOUR Bs of SUV-ship - Butch, Brawny, Burly Behemoths - made me conclude, that SUVs were God's gifts to the Automotive World.

It's only when I learnt driving, I realised how tough it is to commandeer one inside the city on a daily basis. Sure, they ruled the highways but when it came to the congested daily humdrum inside the urban jungle, the SUV wasn't exactly everyone's first choice.

Even though my heart was set on an SUV, when the time came for me to buy my own car, I ceded to family priorities and my practical mind and went the Honda City way.

LINK

The safe, no-fuss choice.

Twice.

LINK

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-renaultduster01.jpg
Pic Source

In-between, the Renault Duster happened.

Almost overnight, this "compact" SUV became the rage of the nation. Easier to drive and control with a car-like feeling and handling capability and a relatively smaller parking footprint to boot, the Duster single-handedly changed Renault's fortunes in India.

I started to notice the streets filling up with Dusters, and even went to Test Drive one, just to check what the hullabaloo is all about. Now, I never liked the Duster's shape and figure from any angle, but when I was pressed into visiting the Renault showroom by my cousin, I couldn't deny his earnest request. The interiors turned me off further (having being spoilt by the richness of the Honda City's cabin and Hyundai cars), but I have to admit that the ride quality was simply superb. The Duster glided on the roads and dismissed every undulation on them with conssumate ease, and handled wonderfully well. If my family commitments allowed for an SUV back then, the Duster would have been shortlisted just for the riding comfort and road manners alone.

And then, the EcoSport followed.

The Ford "Urban SUV" redefined the notion of compact SUVs even further. If the Dacia-rebadged Renault started the revolution, the Ford "urban baby" took it one gigantic step further. Combining the qualities of an SUV with a hatchback's footprint was no mean feat, but trust Ford engineering to be a pioneer in this aspect.

The EcoSport came, saw, conquered and how!

A starting price of less than 6 lakhs, loaded to the gills with most of Ford's latest features and it's futuristic looks made the EcoSport a huge draw at the monthly sales' Automotive Box Office. This was when one of my friends bought one (white Titanium TDCI), and I had a chance to drive it. The view of the road from the driver's seat was very SUV-ish, and the sheer compactness of the car is needed to be seen to be believed. A short drive affirmed the Ford-DNA - excellent driving dynamics and road control, despite the ultra-light steering which was very un-Ford like. The perfect choice for the urban nomad who travels alone most of the time, while taking his nuclear family out on weekend/monthly trips. But for my relatively heavy frame (6'0", 93 kgs), the EcoSport wasn't comfortable. And the rear bench of the EcoSport is not where I would want to be.

Life, till that point, had become monotonous and boring - an endless series of daily black-and-white photographs which I myself forgot to reprint whenever my eyes and mind opened on the next new morning. But suddenly, everyone around me was driving either a Duster or an EcoSport. This made my heart's pinch come back, and my yearning suddenly grew stronger. I decided to accept my heart's calling and for once, put my practical mind on the backburner.

Let's inject some colours into our life, I said to myself. My heart vigorously nodded in agreement with a wide smile, while my practical mind pshaw-ed and scoffed.

But in the end, the mind had to relent.

The "Ja! Jee le apni zindagi!" moment had arrived. Thanks, bauji!

This was when I started to notice the XUV 500.

It was the epitome of what I wanted as a ride and as a faithful steed - a humongous road presence, driving dynamics just like a car, monocoque design, (oh! how you sink into those wonderful) cushiony seats, tennis court-like rear bench space (of course I am exaggerating, but you get the idea!). Close inspections of various Team-BHP ownership reviews and a whole 3400 posts of the XUV's gremlins later, I had to overlook it with a heavy heart and went back to driving my Honda City, forcing my beating heart to go back to it's stillness.

But destiny, as it had done many times before in my life, had different plans for me. Silently, a trap had already been laid by my heart. It was just a matter of time before I fell hook, line and sinker into it!

THE CALL:

I started to follow the XUV 500 ownership threads on Team-BHP yet again, and also went through most of the EcoSport ownership threads late through the night. My addiction to Team-BHP's ownership reports became so bad that I started to drink my coffees, eat breakfast, lunch & dinner, and even help do my little 3-year-old princess's school homework, sitting in front of my computer!

Earlier, a Korean rumbling had started in China. The Hyundai ix25 was launched in China and (subsequently) it was spotted testing in India. For no reason other than it's mesmerising looks, I was smitten by this little compact SUV.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-possible2015hyundaicompactsuv.jpg

My wife started noticing this madness of mine, and when she pointed out that I no longer watched my English movies (my biggest addiction) anymore, I suddenly had the realisation, as if my heart had sent a huge call to my brains through a full-fledged 100-decibel blast - I had to get an SUV!

The date:- 04th December 2014. I remember the date quite vividly because that was the date when extension work started at our home.

Once the decision was made, my heart and my mind started playing with me. And, like every auto enthusiast knows, it's damn near impossible to bring these two weird creatures together! Heart told me to follow my passion and grab anything which had caught my fancy. Mind told me to stay back, weigh the pros and cons according to usage, budgets, and whatnots.

Heeding to both of them, I drew a 10-point checklist of all which I needed in my SUV:

1 - Should resemble an SUV, even though compact. No pseudo-"crossovers" like the i20 Active, Etios Cross, Cross Polo, Avventura, etc. for me, thank you.
2 - Should be able to take on the rain-logged roads which we have for almost half of the year, plus tackle the rural roads where my City almost inevitably scrapes!
3 - Generous space inside for at least 4 people + my little one.
4 - Enough space in the boot to load four middle-sized bags.
5 - Should be a looker inside out. (Sorry, Dacia-rebadge, but you are out!)
6 - Excellent street presence preferred.
7 - Generous on features. I am spoilt by the latest features offered in cars and would feel silly if my SUV didn't have them.
8 - Latest and contemporary version of any SUV available in the market. Preferably a new launch.
9 - Not much of off-roading to be done here, so compact SUVs acceptable too.
10 - (and the most important) Should be manoeuvrable in urban conditions, specially congested roads.

Thinking over all of this, and considering that our home was currently going through an extension/renovation phase, I put the budget at 12 lakhs, give or take a lakh either way.

Mind: Could I find a petrol-powered SUV? Could be so cheaper with the limited running to come.
Heart: A petrol SUV, are you crazy?! Where will the huge torque come from? Don't you want the "whoosh" feeling?
Mind: Hush! Torque and whoosh aside, where will the running come from?
Heart: SUVs are meant to be diesels. That adds to their macho character!
Mind: The "macho" man has to pay the bills too. 3 cars at home + less running of a diesel + more maintenance of a diesel = needless inflated bills, not to forget increased loan EMIs.
(Stoic silence from heart!)

In a way, my mind was right. This was an itch which had driven me mad, but some sense had to prevail. My practicality came to the fore here, but still due to my heart's call and very limited petrol options in the SUV segment, I was willing to give the diesels a chance as well.

Off I was to the nearest dealerships which offered the "God-blessed gifts" of the bustling Indian auto sector.

Not many stops in this matter, really - the Duster was out because of my abhorrence to that very quirky shape + my mental blockage that it was a rebadged and absolutely overpriced Dacia, and the Terrano even more so because it was a rebadged Duster! Not too fond of both car companies and their After Sales Services, either.

This created a minor problem - two compact SUV offerings which had a petrol option went out of the window too. Good riddance, I thought. Neither offered top-end petrol versions and (thankfully) if they did, they would have had some atrocious pricing too.

That left me with the Mahindra & Tata camps and the very elitish Ford. The petrol power was now reserved with the American blue oval.

(Somewhere out there, a Korean compact SUV was starting to whisper "Wait for me...")

Last edited by RavenAvi : 1st August 2015 at 16:13.
RavenAvi is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 20:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

THE SEARCH BEGINS:

TATA:

I have always been a huge fan of the Safari.

The absolutely gigantic road presence, the wonderful macho looks from every which angle you look at it, the space and comfort inside, and that dynamite of a 2.2 liter Dicor under the hood!

Then, the Storme happened.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-146758.jpg

Overnight, all that was macho with the older Safari Dicor went out of the window - gone was the rear-mounted spare, the front outward-bulges of the bonnet, the distinctive 3-box stance, everything!

The Storme now looked like a bigger cousin of the Sumo, with an added 3rd box. Better build quality and riding comfort aside, the Storme looked like a pale version of it's once illustrious flagship.

But since the older Safari Dicor was still on sale, I was interested.

The problem, however, was the sales personnel. As soon as I entered and showed my interest in the Safari, I was immediately taken to a Bronze Storme on display, and the salesperson started to tick off it's features. I tried telling him a couple of times that I wanted to check out the Dicor and not the Storme, but apparently the guy was hellbent on completing his (routine?) task.

Granted, the Storme was humongous as well, but for all the times I would be riding alone, I wondered what I would be doing with the other 6 empty seats?!

At this point, I suddenly realised one more important thing - I really didn't need a full 7-seater SUV!

This realisation helped me immensely with one critical point of my search - huge, diesel-drinking giants were not my first requirement.

Score one for the NGT guys!

So, even though there was a brand-new Dicor in the dealership but was banished to a small corner of the workshop area, I didn't feel the need to check it out. Leaving the salesperson to his droning and sudden "waitaminnit saar!"s, I excused myself and walked out.

MAHINDRA:

There is something about the XUV 500 which made me go weak in the knees every time I saw it on the roads.

But I couldn't convince myself to shell out 16 lakhs for the W8 (lower models didn't make sense as apparently, you bought the XUV mainly for the features on offer) because, all the reported gremlins of the XUV niggles thread here in Team-BHP + real-life experiences of seeing my friends struggle with electronic problems made me very apprehensive.

1) One of my close friends had bought a white W8 in 2013 and every time he went over a speed breaker, the electronics would go out! Scary! Just imagine the situation!
Only when he used his key to stop/start the car, would the electronics start working again.
Repeated tinkering by Mahindra personnel had not brought a solution to this.

2) Another friend bought the W6 and complained that the power windows stopped working whenever he washed his car. There was some gap in the door beadings which made water seep inside and play around with the power window boxes inside the doors.
Solution? Remove the door covers, blow-dry the power window units, and wait till they started functioning again.
Sometimes, after a few whole days!!

Then, news started coming of the XUV & Scorpio facelifts being tested, and that raised my interest immensely (despite fully knowing the fact that I really didn't need a 7-seater SUV).

I was more interested in the XUV 500's facelift because I was confident they would have worked on the niggles by now, and that I could use the XUV as a 5-seater with a huge boot by folding the 3rd row flat (as I had almost no use for this).

The Scorpio facelift came first. And boy, was it a disappointment or what! The rear came with disco LEDs as a sorry excuse for the wonderful red tower lamps, while the rest of the section was covered by a rubber-ish grab handle!

Also, the front now looked more like a streetdog baring it's teeth, than the straight, in-your-face macho stance of the older Scorpio.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-1293770d14119224112014mahindrascorpiofaceliftw105editnowlaunchedrs798lakhs20140926_104311.jpg
Pic Source - LINK

Yet, since it was my first-ever SUV love, I had to take a test drive.

Hard, bouncy and a nightmare to move through the congested bylanes when I tried to drive it all the way to my father-in-law's house (the bylane leading to that place is a challenge, and only I know how I manage to squeeze into their yard with my Honda City).

And more critically, a 7-seater! Not to mention that immediately after it's launch, the Scorpios started coming into our neighborhood as taxis (like before), to pick up people for their home-to-office trips.

Yes, the S6 Plus was within budget. But, did I really need it? Nope.

I decided to wait for the XUV 500's facelift, while the italicised H's "ix25" was getting repeatedly spotted in it's testing guise with the EcoSport and the Duster in tow as benchmark cars.

Then, the XUV 500's facelift came out, and wow!

Mahindra's design engineers do know a thing or two about absolutely ruining fantastic macho looks, don't they?

Gone was the butch and rugged front of the earlier-gen XUV, replaced by a mellowed and toothy Scorpio-ish front with HUGE chrome whiskers for foglamp sections, and the signature LEDs were replaced by a weird S-shaped DRL which zigzagged through the headlamp section. But, the interior had a *NEW* Head Unit, which was refreshing to know.

I was off to the Mahindra showroom the very next day of the official launch, to check out the "new" XUV in person. A full inspection and a test drive later, I was left wanting and more disappointed. The engine is a gem, and the space inside is uncomparable, but pitifully that was it.

The dashboard and door plastics seemed very cheap in their wavy finishes, the *NEW* touchscreen head unit didn't respond properly (sometimes not at all!), the seats and their covers felt cheap to the touch, and overall the XUV 500 now seemed to be built to a cost, more so than the older-gen XUV which felt premium inside. Even the sunroof felt like it was stuck to the car as an afterthought.

Again, the sheer size of the XUV 500 made me a bit apprehensive about tackling the smaller bylanes and streets of my city with it.

And a test drive confirmed it.

But somehow, I was slightly more confident of doing them with the XUV than I was with the Scorpio. Maybe because of the car-like stance and riding manners of the monocoque, than the two-storeyed ladder-on-frame.

Could I get it? More importantly, did I need the XUV?

Mind started going through it's calculators.

If I stretched my budgets, the W4 was in sight. A REAL stretch and the W6 was over the horizon. Disappointing electronics aside, the W4 had the signature XUV headlamps, USB and 2 airbags. Nothing else of note, except the mHawk engine and the in-cabin acre.

Also, there was that small matter of the home extension work, which was not yet complete and the costs were ballooning.

Decided to get a quotation for the W4, and wait until I checked out the EcoSport. At 13.21 lakhs OTR, it was a stretch. And, it was a diesel.

FORD:

Now, I had had a bitter experience with the Ford people when I went to check out the EcoSport for the first time. Their take-it-or-leave-it attitude, and their non-existent follow-up had me striking it off from my list of buys.

The next time I inquired for the car was in early-2014, when a new dealership had opened in the capital. But again, I was badly rankled by the dealership and the company's behaviour. Quoting myself from my Empress's ownership thread's first post:

Quote:
Decided to give a call to the newly opened GK Ford dealership in Raipur to inquire about the same, and if I might get lucky. The first time I called, I got the feeling that something might be worked out with them, by the way they answered ("Car has a waiting period of 6 months, sir, but if you come visit us in person, we might be able to arrange something"). I was after the TDCi Titanium variant, and if that was impossible to get, I was thinking of the petrol variants (even the 1.5L). In short, I was after the Titanium variant, either diesel, EcoBoost or petrol (didn't matter to me, as long as it had full safety features).

I got tied up in year-end work at my job, and called them again in early February. This time, a different fellow answered back and upon my query, answered that they could procure an EcoSport Titanium Diesel for me in 45 days flat, despite the lengthy waiting periods, but on one condition - I had to buy accessories/teflon/underbody/whatever of at least 1 lakh rupees worth!! I was taken aback by this, and despite my annoyance, threatened him using sweet words to report to Ford about this. He merely snickered back, and said instructions for this kind of deal came to them directly from the company itself, since the car has become such a hot-selling one, and I was more than welcome to take this up with them through email or telephoning their customer relations service. Needless to say, I told him in no-minced words that I was not THAT desperate to own their car, and hung up.
I didn't want to pursue the same people again, but some friends in my circles assured me that the sales section of GK Ford had seen a complete overhaul, and the EcoSport has come down in monthly sales and demand now. If I gave them a call, I would be treated much better this time.

When I sat down to debate again over the diesel vs petrol issue, my listed 10 checkpoints made me feel assuredly better about petrol yet again. So I was definitely giving the petrol versions of the EcoSport more priority over the diesels.

Decided to do the reverse this time around - I asked them for quotations of the 1.5L Titanium petrol, 1.0L Titanium & Titanium (O) Ecoboost petrols first, before indulging in the test drives. I had driven the EcoSport briefly before, so I had an idea of what the Ford package was all about.

What I received from the dealership as quotations made the hairs on my entire head stand up and my eyes water - the 1.5L petrol Titanium came to 10.33 lakhs OTR, the 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium was priced at 10.82 lakhs OTR, and the 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium(O) was at a steep 11.47 lakhs OTR!!

I began to wonder where was the justification of paying close to 11.5 lakhs for a car which was under 4 meters and whose engine size was also less than 1.2 liters (EcoBoost petrol), and which enjoyed not one but TWO significant excise duty cuts!

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-1102837d1372259579fordecosportversusrenaultdusterecov1.jpg
Pic Source - LINK

True, the EcoSport offered a plethora of stuff for that (ridiculously over-the-top) price - a turbocharged & fully-imported petrol unit, 125 PS & 170 Nm on tap, 6 airbags, SYNC, voice commands, etc., but I couldn't just convince myself for that *HUGE* overpricing for what was essentially a 4-seater hatchback-on-stilts-with-a-spare-stuck-on-back.

Add to that, a service center 300 kms away and all the mechanics or garages in the locality who could easily destroy an EcoBoost engine in a matter of minutes! All that added to my severe apprehension of after-sales servicing. I recalled my tight squeeze into the seats as well as the very un-Ford-like steering, and I tried to convinced myself that the XUV 500's W4 variant was a more VFM buy than the EcoSport's top variants.

My mind came to the fore yet again. Why don't you wait a little bit longer? A Korean is about to jump in this race!

That thought lingered with me for a long time. I recalled my fascination with the ix25's looks, and amidst reports that it would be in the market by September, I decided to wait.

21st MAY 2015:

It was this time when one of my good friends shifted his loyalties to Hyundai, and joined a brand-new dealership in the state capital as Operations Manager. Me and him were in regular contact, and when he disclosed to me that they were accepting bookings for the "ix25" from May 15th onwards, I decided on a sudden whim to book the car. No restrictions were put by him regarding the booking amount, and I also made him promise that he would refund me the full amount if I didn't like the car after an extensive test drive once the launch happened.

Since the launch was scheduled for September 2015, I felt I had plenty of time to think over everything before making a final decision.

Now, I have never liked Hyundais much. I remembered my test drive of the Verna back in 2011-12, and how the "fluidic" Verna used to fishtail around and wobble like a boat on 100+ speeds. The original i20 was also a notorious laggy machine in it's petrol avatar, and the 1.2L Kappa "fluidic" i10 had a steering so light that you could twirl it with the pinky finger of your left hand!!

But, this had all changed with the advent of the Grand i10. Not only was this Hyundai the first in sobered, toned-down and well-endowed looks all around, but it handled much better than the Hyundais of yore and also did justice to the 1.2L power-packed Kappa petrol engine. Sales charts went berserk with the Grand i10's numbers, and the subsequent sedan version, the XCent, saw fantastic monthly numbers as well.

And, Hyundai upped the game further with the Elite i20, launched last year. Looks, fit and finish, and most importantly ride quality and handling had improved by leaps and bounds over the earlier-gen "fluidic" i20. Result? Jam-packed monthly sales racking up 1,00,000 units within 11 months, and a long-waiting list even a year after it's launch!

Also, the Verna's facelifted version was launched in February 2015 (named as the Verna 4S). The 4S iteration received positive reviews about it's much-improved driving dynamics as well. Quoting from our very own Team-BHP review:

Quote:
The Fluidic Verna developed a notorious reputation for its soft, bouncy & generally unsorted rear suspension. Hyundai eventually tweaked the suspension hardware to make it ride & handle better, especially on the highway.

These tweaks are in the form of wider coil springs, stiffer dampers (with a low velocity control valve) as well as a 'bump stopper' to counter the thud noise. Have these worked? To sum it up - Yes, but only to a certain extent. Mild undulations at 100 kph are taken well and there is none of that excessive vertical movement. Although, beyond 120 kph on uneven roads, the rear end isn't flat and there is a certain amount of bounciness. At legal cruising speeds, the Verna can take curves without making the driver feel nervous. At city speeds, ride quality is rather good and the suspension soaks bumps competently. Larger potholes can be felt inside the cabin, but the suspension does a nice job in absorbing most of them. Mid-corner bumps will unsettle the car though and, if you are an aggressive driver, there are times when the tail feels like it is ready to step out. The Verna is best suited to a sedate driving style & comfortable cruising. Don't drive it hard around corners like you would a Fiesta.

In summary, these suspension updates have definitely made the Verna's on-road behaviour more neutral. The rear end isn't as scary or nervous as before. Of course, the ride & handling package is far from segment benchmarks. This still isn't the car if you are looking at a mature ride & handling balance (say, like the Skoda Rapid). Equally, it's not an area Verna owners will whine about either. This is the suspension that the Verna should have had from day one.
Now, given the fact that the "ix25" was a high-seating compact SUV and scheduled to come with the Verna's powertrains and possibly improved suspension, handling and steering packages (and a borrowed 1.4L diesel from the Elite i20), I was confident that Hyundai's all-new engineering section with inputs from Russelheim, Germany, won't let me down.

I was going to be proved right.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd August 2015 at 09:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 20:55   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

THE SEARCH ENDS:

I was stuck like glue to the "ix25" thread, and amidst more spottings during it's testing rounds, information started trickling out of a Media Drive to be conducted by end-June inside Hyundai's Sriperumbudur plant premises.

I also made a guess-estimate on the possible pricing as well, taking all factors into equation. Post dated 22nd May:

Quote:
My guesstimate on the possible pricing of the ix25, based on all the info I have + how the immediate competition stacks up:

PETROL:

Ford EcoSport: 6.79L - 9.77L
Renault Duster: 8.30L - 9.63L
Nissan Terrano: 10.15L
Hyundai ix25: 8.50L - 11.50L

DIESEL:

Ford EcoSport: 7.93L - 10.24L
Mahindra Scorpio: 8.71L - 13.48L
Renault Duster: 9.07L - 13.55L
Nissan Terrano: 10.14L - 12.92L
Hyundai ix25: 9.25L - 14.25L

(all prices, ex-showroom Delhi)

This would be targetting the middle (Trend) variant of the EcoSport for the entry-level petrol variant and also taking on the Duster entry-level petrol. The EcoSport middle & top variants would be the most likely targets here for the ix25 middle (S or S(O)) variant.

Also, the 1.4L diesel might get a starting price of 9.25L making it competitive enough against the Duster 85 PS entry variant. Also, all prices would be stacked up against the Scorpio/Duster, and also try to snatch some sales from the EcoSport Titanium diesel.
Little did I know back then that I would be very near to the target pricing!

2nd June 2015:

Hyundai announced to the world the name of the "ix25" SUV's Indian (and subsequent international) version - the Hyundai CRETA!

The name evoked strong negative reactions from the auto community, much more so from our own Team-BHP forum, so-much-so that I had to email an appeal to Hyundai India for considering a change/modification in the name. Of course, I received no reply.

When a search on google revealed Greek and German origins of the word, and that many Greek girls are also named as "Creta", a subsequent link took me to the Our Baby Namer page, where the real meaning of the word was given:

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-untitled.jpg

No wonder then, why Hyundai had christened this particular name to their worldwide "ix25" offering. They had put, in a word, the first emotion which was invoked when one beheld the white ix25 concept on display for the very first time. Also, they had to make the name appeal to a worldwide audience as well!

Realising that there was much more to a car than it's name (as pointed out by many BHPians in subsequent posts in the original Creta thread), I waited with the knowledge that slowly but surely, us Indians would warm up to the unusual sounding, yet unique christianing of the Hyundai compact SUV.

Four days later, news came in of Hyundai advancing the launch date of the Creta from September to 21st July!! Production en-masse was scheduled to start from 20th June, which meant that the official kickstart for the Creta campaign was now greenlit.

Anticipation went into feverish overdrive, as I eagerly awaited the Media Drive reports. Coincidentally, the first sightings of the uncamouflaged Creta was reported by a Team-BHPian, klassics45!

With trembling anticipation, I recalled that one of my good friends who was based in Bangalore, had moved recently to Chennai to be a part of Hyundai India's team. I got in touch with them, and started to get plenty of insider information on the Creta, including spy pictures, extra shots from the Media Drive conducted in June-end, and most importantly, full details on pricing. I was requested to handle all informationdelicately, and to divulge them on a gentle, need-to-know basis to anyone who wanted to know, without pointing directly to the source.

This was during the time when our official Team-BHP Preview of the Hyundai Creta went live, and "Superman" moderator Anshuman presented an unique, fantastically-detailed "look" at the Hyundai Creta without any pictures! (Hyundai India had forbidden cameras for the Media Drive, and Team-BHP had honoured this request).

But, blame this on the emailed mis-communication or glaring error in understanding on my part, but the prices which birdie had sent me (ex-factory) were misconstrued by me to be exact (ex-showroom) prices!

I was literally trembling with excitement, with the false knowledge that the top-end petrol Creta would be priced around 11 lakhs OTR and would come with most of the bells and whistles the car would be endowed with. This was further affirmed when I showed the prices to my dealership managing friend, and he confirmed that the prices would indeed be on those lines!!

Doubly sure about the prices now, I waited with eager anticipation for the first cars to start arriving at the dealerships so that I could get my hands on it, and if it turned out to be even 75% of what I had anticipated the car would be like, I would be sold on the Creta.

Needless to say, I was to be proved wrong about the prices. Very, very wrong.

9th July:

The first cars started reaching the dealerships, and that was when I got to see the first Creta in the flesh!

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-shankara-6.jpg

It was a red SX+ CRDI, and it simply blew my breath away. I checked out the whole car in keen, earnest detail and came away very, very impressed with the Hyundai package.

Only thing remaining was a proper test drive, in which I indulged in about a week later, when another lot of Cretas were unloaded which included display cars, demo cars and dealership Test Drive cars. The Creta rode very well, had good road manners and excellent stability, and was a wonderful in-city commuter. True, the steering was light for city speeds, but coming from a Honda City which has a light steering too, it didn't bother me much at all. To reaffirm these traits of the Creta, I indulged myself in multiple test drives (helps immensely when your good friend is the dealership manager).

Received a "composite" quotation from my friend (since actual prices weren't declared yet) for ~11.84 lakhs for the Creta SX+ VTVT, and then I proceeded to busy myself with the payment formalities.

At last, I had found the car perfectly suited for my needs. It seated 4 in full comfort + could take my little 3-year old easily into the rear seat, was a looker inside and out, could tackle most of the rough roads and patches easily, was loaded to the gills with all state-of-the-art gizmos and then some, had a badge in front which ensured peaceful ownership, and most importantly, had sealed it's place in my heart.

Out of all the SUVs in this price bracket, a Hyundai had broken through the ice. I wouldn't have even thought of this car 3 years back simply because of the italicised "H" in front, but today the Creta has conquered me completely.

Mind, take a backseat.

BUT, as things would have it, the Mind had one, final, deep last laugh left.

20th July:

I went back to the dealership for choosing a car from the first lot which had arrived, and my friend asked me if I would want to go ahead with a petrol or a diesel. I replied back that either suited me just fine, and this was where he asked the critical question, "How much will your running be?" A question which had been firmly rooted behind this entire quest till now! Despite all the claims of better Fuel Efficiency, better resale value, etc., I firmly decided to go for petrol just because of the running and cheaper maintenance factors alone. Not to mention the extra ~1.5 lakh rupees for the diesel variant, which equalled almost 3 years' worth of petrol alone!

Went ahead and finalised a White SX+ petrol (which was a June 2015 make) for myself. I had a look at the other colours on offer - Red & Silver - and although the Red looked equally stunning, the White shade on the Creta's contours had bowled me over.

My friend, the dealership manager, invited me to the launch next day at around 4 PM in the dealership, and clarified that after the official launch, they would start delivering the first Cretas and since my booking preceded everyone else's, I was to be the first one to be delivered the Creta from the dealership. I had contacted my bankers and had immediately set about the wheels for the whole payment procedure through RTGS.

Evening time, and I went back to my chosen Creta whom I had named "LAZARUS", fondled his bonnet lovingly and promised him I would be back the next day to take him home with me.

Now, why "Lazarus"?

It's a scientific and popular culture term referring to restoration of life. The exact Bible reference is for Saint Lazarus of Bethany in the Gospel of John, who was restored to life by Jesus just four days after his death. And since Hyundai has basically resurrected the "ix25" China-specific SUV within days of it's China launch as the "Creta" for Indian and worldwide markets, it was the first word which came to my mind as a name for my Korean steed.

21st July:

From the morning itself, I had started to pray feverishly that the pricing information I had received from my Hyundai "birdie" would come true.

Left for the dealership at around noon time, in the hope of catching the launch event live there itself and also complete the necessary paperwork for my delivery later in the evening. The official launch was being webcasted live on a huge 50" screen, and then came the announcement of the prices. Variant-to-variant, Hyundai disclosed almost 1.0-1.5 lakh rupees extra, than what the list in my hands said, for the Creta lineup.

I was stunned, and heartbroken. Not because of what the Creta is priced at, but more because of the fact that my conviction and trust had been completely dashed!

From being so sure about the pricing "leak" of my birdie and the double confirmation from my dealership friend, I had crashed into the ground head on! At first, I thought that the "leaked" prices were indeed the true ones, and Hyundai India had turned greedy at the last moment because of the overwhelming response to the Creta well before the official launch (over 10,000 bookings and 28,000 enquiries) and had jacked up the prices accordingly. That's how tough my conviction was.

Immediately called up my "birdie" and talked to them about this, and they clarified that the "leaked" prices shared by them with me were ex-factory prices, and all other stuff which are added when a car enters a state such as VAT, additional excise duties, cesses, etc., had not been added to that figure.

That explained the steep variation in the final pricing.

But, the whole experience of the pricing fiasco had left me shaken. Also, I had to re-adjust my funds and more importantly, had to think over everything once more. My practical mind was clearly working at full steam and was not letting me go ahead.

Excusing myself from the proceedings, I left for home. I needed some time to breathe, and to weigh all the pros and cons of my decision.

22nd-27th July:

First thing in the morning, I went back to the options listed.

The EcoSport was costing ~11.5 lakhs for it's top petrol, and the Terrano was priced at ~12.3 lakhs for it's mid-variant petrol. The Creta SX+ petrol now came close to 13 lakhs, and it is the SX+ variant I was getting. Compared to the competition, it is over 4 meters, has a proper 1.6L naturally-aspirated engine, is spacious enough for 5 persons, is loaded with plenty of gizmos which even the very-funky EcoSport didn't have, has a huge boot and has an equally fantastic road presence. Moreover, the petrol Creta came in the second-top variant, which didn't exist in the Duster lineup or in the Terrano lineup.

Was it worth the premium? Specially over the top-end EcoSport? And over the XUV 500 W4, which was very near?

For the first time ever, my mind answered back - "Yes!"

Taking all these factors into the eventual equation, my mind had finally "synced" itself with my heart's beating (pun intended). It was a truth that Hyundai had seriously overpriced the diesels, but the petrol option felt increasingly VFM, the more I compared with the immediate competition's pricing and offerings, and what all the Hyundai offered at it's price point.

The decision was made. I was to return back to the dealership and complete my delivery.

Unfortunately on that day itself, my 3-year-old Princess was taken seriously ill. She battled fever, cold and stomach cramps bravely at home for the next 2 days, till she absolutely couldn't. On Friday (24th) she had to be admitted to the hospital for one whole day for tests and treatment through an IV drip.

This kept me busy till Sunday, 26th July.

On Monday (27th) I returned to the dealership, only to know that the Creta I had selected had been given to someone else due to immense pressure on the dealership by a well-connected customer and his contacts with the owner. My manager friend assured me that a new lot of Cretas was due to land that evening itself (and with more colour options too!), and I could select one from the same.

28th July:

At around 10 AM, I reached the dealership from where I was taken to the dealership stockyard where a whole lot of Cretas had landed in almost all of the colour options (except Mystic Blue), and after comparing all of them with a keen eye, I decided to stick to White. (although Stardust looked very appealing and premium but seemed like it would require more maintenance)

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_111151.jpg

There were 2 White SX+ petrols in the yard - one was a July '15 make, and the other was a June '15 make. The July make car had the ODO showing 154 kms, with trip A showing 143 kms!! Even though the car was clean and passed the PDI, I suspected some foul play and ditched it.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_105808.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_105835.jpg

The other White SX+ standing at the corner of the stockyard was the June '15 make, with a more reasonable 15 kms showing on it's ODO. The car was completely clean from the outside and inside and also passed the Team-BHP PDI with flying colours! I gave the car my approval, and it was immediately driven back to the dealership to be prepped for delivery.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_112900.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_112922.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_113100.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_113157.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7217.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_113216.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_113234.jpg

Then it was time to go through the final quotation and pricing.

The insurance quoted was a steep 55,184 rupees! Upon inquiring, they said it was company-provided and was from SBI General Insurance, including all addons which are given for a new car (engine protection, etc.). I immediately called up one of my relatives who works in the New India Assurance company, and enquired about how much the insurance (with zero dep) would come to. He replied that it would cost me around ~27,000, and with zero-dep add-on it would go up to ~32,000, 33,000 tops. I reported this back to the dealership girl and told her to try to match that. She said she would get back to me and within a short while, came back to me and said with a smile that the SBI General insurance policy would cost me around ~41,000 with Zero-Dep. I thought within myself, that's more like it, and gave her approval for the same. (though I suspected that my manager friend had a hand in lessening the insurance price)

I was asked for possible accessories, but since I knew that most of them would be very pricey, I opted just for the 3M Underbody Anti-Rust Coating. This was initially bundled with Teflon treatment and pegged at Rs.8,000, and when I waived off the Teflon treatment, they cut the charges by half to Rs.4,000/-.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_125657.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-20150728_125717.jpg

Here's the complete breakup of all costs (so far):

The Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L VTVT (Polar White)
Ex-showroom - 11,45,384/-
Logistics - 5,000/-
Insurance - 41,096/- (for an IDV of 10,88,115/-, including Zero-dep add-on)
Temporary Registration - 1,500/-
Body Care Package - 4,000/- (3M Underbody Anti-Rust Coating, with 5 years' warranty)

TOTAL = 11,96,980/- (excluding RTO Registration charges)

There was some problem with the RTO office not having registered the Creta as a bonafide new car yet, and the RTO charges were supposed to be raised to 9% (from the existing 7%) in a few days, so the RTO registration had been put on standby. I should get an update on the same in a few days.

Also, I didn't opt for the extended warranty right now, because the Creta comes with a 3-year/unlimited kms standard warranty. Let's see about that once this period is over.

My Lazarus was ready for delivery by 2 PM, and while the paperwork went through it's finishes, the delivery process was completed. Did the rituals and the coconut-breaking, and received the keys duly from my dealership manager friend amidst loud cheering by the dealership personnel and clapping by other customers present there, as twin confetti guns burst behind us.

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6888.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6891.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6899.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6912.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6928.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6938.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6941.jpg

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6942.jpg

I left the dealership by 2:45 PM, and tanked up to the full (55 liters fuel tank for the Creta) and then decided to subject my Lazarus to the acid test - a drive through the very patchy highways leaving the state capital. About five-and-half hours later, I walked out from my steed extremely satisfied. Not only had he passed through the rough roads test, but had also maintained his decent composure at high speeds and ghat cornering/driving as well. The steering was still a bit light-ish for my liking, but that wasn't a gripe anymore. I had adjusted to it's feel by now.

Driveability:

The next few days have been spent lazing through the city at 30-50 kmph speeds, cruising mostly in the 3rd and 4th gears.

The Creta's size is just about perfect for an urban cruiser - it's neither too short like the EcoSport, and neither is it too big like the Scorpio/Storme/XUV, et al. In fact, I think it's the ideal size of how long and wide an urban commuter should be (no wonder the Duster sells so highly, outstanding ride quality notwithstanding).

Even though the engine is a bit lazy in the first gear, it comes into it's own when the 2nd gear is slotted in. The pickup becomes very decent once the 3rd gear kicks in, and this is where the Creta feels perfectly at ease. Have to do a quick in-city dash? Swap between 3rd and 4th gears and the Creta will reward you with excellent performance, enough to whiz past other cars and leave them behind. The soft yet taut suspension is another boon, as most of the small potholes, undulations and speed-breakers are dismissed from the Creta's presence. (It's not too soft as say, the Ssangyong Rexton's, whose rear bobs up and down every time it goes over a speed-breaker.)

On the highways however, it's a slightly different story. The petrol Creta does gallop on open highways easily upto 100 kmph in no time, with all of it's 123 horses pulling it neatly. Even ghat roads with reasonably wide corner sections are of no problem. But come to a steeper incline (and related cornering section) and the petrol Creta's lack of pull in the higher gears can be felt. A downshift to 3rd is almost inevitable (sometimes 2nd), as the engine hits it's lagging point. Mashing the accelerator pedal hard will get no response from the engine in the 4th/5th gears in such a situation. Best to come down to the 2nd or 3rd gear (sometimes 1st, if the incline is just too steep), and let the engine coast through the incline, before hitting flatter ground and coming back into it's own. This is where a Bolero or a Scorpio can outrun you, simply because of diesel power and that added torque for the extra punch.

Power and torque on offer is plentiful for inside the city and out on the flat highways/expressways. There could have been a bit more zip on offer for bigger inclines (as I said earlier), and like Moderator Vid6639 pointed out, the 1.8L petrol engine of the Elantra could have been a better option for the heavier Creta, than the Verna's 1.6L. That being said, the casual drivers and urban runners won't have any cause for complaint at all.

Refinement levels are absolutely top-notch. You will be hard-pressed to hear the engine while it goes about it's duty. The only time it reminds you of it's existence is during cold starts in the mornings, when the engine first comes to life at 1100-1200 RPM and vibrates the cabin mildly, before settling down at the 850-900 RPM mark and going quiet. Add this to the fact - the Creta gets no underhood insulation/damping whatsoever, and you can't help but be impressed by the wonderful near-silent NVH levels.

The best thing about the Creta is that it masks it's speeds very well. You won't be able to know what speeds you are plying in, until you look down at the speedometer's digital displays!

Gear shifts are short, and a delight to use. The only gripe I have is of the Reverse gear positioning. By habit, I keep slotting Lazarus into 6th every time I want to reverse. Also I keep forgetting to lift the gear lever up while slotting into R. This will take some getting used to. All other gears fall nicely into position, with a very, very slight rubbery effect felt during each slot. The clutch is fairly soft and bites early, which indicates that Hyundai engineers have made it suited to urban conditions more (half-clutch). The clutch also has a fairly long travel, which can be disconcerting for shorter drivers. No need to press it all the way to the floor for shifting though - you can have the exact feel of when the clutch bites (at around the halfway mark), and duly shift the gears. No problem.

The suspension is on the softer side, which helps in the cushiony ride specially in urban conditions. No fatigue is felt in bumper to bumper traffic, as the Creta keeps you very comfortable all through the day. Hit higher speeds, and the soft suspension makes you bounce a bit when you hit that moderately-sized pothole/crater. You still have to slow down for the occasional nasty bumper or broken road patch, mind you. The Creta is NOT a full-blown SUV with dismissive suspensions like the Safari Storme or the Mahindras. It is a soft roader with SUV capabilities, and needs to be driven so.

The front seats are very cushiony, with gentle body-hugging sides which cocoon you in. The lateral feel of the seats is nicely upright, although it could have done with a bit more of lumbar bolstering. Under-thigh support is good for the front seats, while it could have been a bit more for taller passengers at the rear. Also, the rear seat could have used the recline adjustment feature - sometimes it feels a bit too upright. It's pretty comfortable though. My little one fell asleep for about 100 kms of our journeys and woke up completely refreshed with absolutely no fatigue.

No cause for complaint after you reach home from a long highway drive. My mother remarked yesterday about how comfortable the Creta ride was, and she gave the Creta one extra point over our Honda City just for the riding comfort alone (she was in the front passenger seat for a 300-km run). Granted, the car serves out no magic-carpet ride like the Duster, but you have to admit - it comes pretty close.

The Creta handles very well. This is one Hyundai which is separate from the rest in the handling factor alone. The dynamics are well-sorted, and the car sticks to the road well, with the broad 205-section tyres providing excellent grip levels. The Creta is completely stable and no bobbing about or fish-tailing at higher speeds is felt when tackling the corners, and that itself shows how much these newer Hyundais have come of age and matured. Body roll is minimal and well-controlled for most of the way. Full marks to Russelheim's inputs in this department!

The EPS steering is still a bit Hyundai-light in low speeds which is actually a BIG help when moving around inside the city, and weighs up sufficiently well at higher speeds to keep the nervousness out. You will feel perfectly at ease while driving the Creta at higher speeds. Of course, there could have been more feedback from the steering but still, when you compare it to the likes of the Honda City, the Creta's steering feedback won't leave you complaining. But then again, this is no Fiesta or Linea. Those cars are in a completely different league in this department. The steering wheel size also should have been one size bigger, ideally, just because it's for a SUV.

The brakes are perfectly suited for this heavy car, despite the absence of discs at the rear. I have done more than my fair share of hard braking till now, and I am happy to report that the car stops cleanly in a straight line without any fuss, even on rain-drenched roads! No jarring or shuddering felt from the brake pedal either.

The car has a small turning radius too (around 5m), which aids turning about on the roads easily. I think it's almost similar to the City & the Swift.

At the time of writing this, Lazarus's ODO reads 706 kms, with ~600 of those kilometers coming exclusively from his highway running. Rest have been all inside the city in the past 5 days. The fuel display still has 2 bars left, and although there is no Real-time Fuel Efficiency in the Creta, I have calculated a mileage of around 15.02 kmpl on the highway runs, and around 10.47 kmpl inside the city so far.

Exact figures will be known once the first tankful is done with.

THE POSITIVES:

- Fantastic looker from all angles and excellent road presence.
- Supreme build quality, with excellent fit and finish all round.
- Panel gaps? What in God's name is the meaning of that?!
- Paint quality is top-notch too, with the Polar White shade exuding a soft pearly finish feel. Orange-peel effect yet to be checked.
- Very contemporary, stylish and chic.
- Excellent petrol engine option. Lots of power and torque on tap.
- Ride quality exemplary over pothole-ridden and bumper-strewn roads. Can be a boon on the highways.
- Suspension goes about it's job quite well. No bottoming out felt so far.
- Body roll minimal in extensive in-city driving.
- Perfect urban commuter for daily in-city use. Can cruise on 35-40ish speeds all day.
- Brakes are top notch and stop the car without any fuss.
- Clutch is light and bites early, although it has a bit of a travel.
- Interiors finishing and plastics are top-notch. Beige used prominently on the dashboard.
- All black interiors with grey beige-ish central seat portions look good, although I would have preferred completely black seats.
- Loaded to the gills with state-of-the-art gizmos (projectors, LEDs, cornering lamps, SatNav, 7" touchscreen AVN, Rear AC Vents, etc.)
- Nicely contoured seats with gentle body hugging side protrusions. Adequate back support & adjustable headrests present.
- Seat compound is firm and looks like it will last the distance.
- Firm interior plastics and tactile buttons which feel long-lasting as well.
- Commanding view of the road from the driver's seat. Both ends of the bonnet seen easily, as is the road ahead.
- All controls fall easily to hand. Steering-mounted controls make operating things very easy-peasy.
- MID has a detailed supervision cluster display. Details in the pictorial to follow.
- Gears slot in quite nicely with soft throws, although there is a very minimal but distinct rubbery effect felt.
- Hard plastics and no glossy/shiny stuff on the dashboard is actually a relief - no annoying reflection on the front windshield for the driver to deal with on sunny days!
- Plenty of storage spaces littered around the cabin.
- Very roomy and spacious cabin, with lots of headroom and shoulder room all around in front.
- Rear seat is very comfortable with adequate headroom and shoulder width as well.
- Central rear hump is minimal and intrudes very less.
- Rear AC vents are very effective. Overall, the ACC unit is quite strong and chills the cabin in no time.
- Keyless entry is a big convenience, specially when you are in a hurry.
- Humongous boot space. Luggage net provided as well.
- ORVMs are quite decent in their size for the view behind the car.
- L-O-U-D horn! Makes others annoyed and weave out of your way in a REAL hurry.
- Overall NVH levels are outstanding. Probably best-in-class!
- Standard warranty of 3-years/unlimited kilometers, for the absolute peace of mind.
- The Satellite-based Navigation system pinpoints the EXACT location of the car, among a lot of other things.
- Sound quality from the 6-speaker system is excellent. A normal listener would not feel the need to upgrade anytime soon.
- Dual Airbags, ABS+EBD, a RPAS system comprising of 4 reversing sensors + a reverse camera with steering-adaptive guidelines display system, and an impact-sensing auto-door unlocking system makes the Creta SX+ quite safe too.
- Rear defogger and a rear wash+wipe system keeps the rear view clean during the rainy seasons, or when ploughing through dirt/mud.
- 205/65/R16 Goodyear Assurance tyres are more than adequate to tackle the terrains of the urban jungle, while taking on the rural areas head on. But mind you, this is no hardcore off-roader. You can call the Creta a soft-roader at best.

THE NEGATIVES:

- Steering is light, and needs a bit more weight. Also, feedback from the steering is still a bit artificial.
- Car starts with a throbbing (felt in the entire cabin) in the mornings at around 1100 RPM, then settles down to under 900 RPM with the engine going silent.
- Car bobs about a bit at high speeds on bouncy, very rough roads. Not as flatly comfortable as say, a Safari Storme.
- Not adequately priced. For the price demanded, a few more features should have been added to the SX+ ideally (side airbags, 17" diamond-cut alloys, etc.).
- No HID projectors on offer.
- No rear disc brakes in such a heavy car. Although the drums are pretty decent.
- First 2 gears needed to be tuned better. As they are, there is a bit of lag initially.
- Seats could have had better bolstering.
- Central armrest is devoid of any cover. Hard plastic hampers normal usage for rest.
- Hard plastics used prominently around the cabin doesn't give that premium feel.
- Steering adjustment lacks reach.
- Head Unit has a problem reading selected USB drives, or very large USB drives.
- The IRVM could have been larger. It has a limited field of vision and does the job.
- Rear bench can accomodate 2 persons very comfortably. A healthy 3rd person is unwelcome.
- Rear window line is higher than normal. Shorter passengers in the rear seat might feel claustrophobic, although my wife maintains that she actually feels better with outside people not able to peek into the rear seat!
- No separate headrest for the 3rd rear passenger.
- Grab handles are of the fixed type.
- Driver sun visor lacks a vanity mirror.
- Passenger sun guard lacks a cover for the vanity mirror.
- No Cruise Control on offer.
- No AWD option yet.
- No sunroof provided.
- Rear chrome garnish on top of numberplate looks very loud and out of place.
- Reverse gear is oddly placed and will take some time getting used to. I still slot the car into the 6th by habit!
- The Clean Silver wheel rim design could have been better.

As for the moment when I reached home and surprised my entire family with the Creta and took them all out on a short drive, there is one conversation of particular note.

Yes, you guessed it right! Between father and son.

Dad (with a weird smile): So, in the end, you chose a Hyundai over a Ford, a Renault, a Nissan and even a Mahindra, eh?
Me (unfazed and with pride): Yes.
Dad (leaning forward): You know it's a Korean?
Me (looking back at him straight in the eye): Yes.
Dad (straight-faced): All dolls and no hearts?
Me (with pride): This one has a heart. And it beats in sync with mine.
Dad (leaning back): Sure it does.
Me (looking away): I knew you wouldn't approve of my choice. As you always have.
Dad (holding my hand and gently squeezing it): Wrong. I am glad that for once, my son didn't compromise and went with his heart.
I turned back to him in some surprise!
Dad (with a twinkle in his eye): We all live once. Don't we, son?

That explained it all. Perfectly.

Follow your heart and let your passions flow! Maybe that is how it will start beating again, and bring back the colours into your life.

Thank you, Dad.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd August 2015 at 10:24.
RavenAvi is offline   (78) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 20:08   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

And here's a detailed pictorial of the Creta SX+, including most of the smaller yet significant things.

All the photos have been taken by my iPhone 6 Plus, so I apologise for any/all loss in quality in any of them.

The front - sophisticated and chic.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6944.jpg

The 3-slat chrome grille is prominent.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6945.jpg

Headlamp section with projectors for both high&low beams,
cornering lamps, side indicators and LED-positioning lamps.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6947.jpg

Close look at the non-HID projectors.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6948.jpg

Standing trapezoidal foglamps. Very effective.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6950.jpg

The intercooler. Horn units are well masked inside.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6952.jpg

The engine bay containing the 1.6L Gamma VTVT unit. Battery provided is of Exide.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6990.jpg

Refreshing to see added insulation behind the engine.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6995.jpg

Duly stamped by the Koreans.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6996.jpg

One huge radiator fan keeps things cool here.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6998.jpg

Bonnet underbody requires no insulation. NVH levels are excellent.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7001.jpg

Front windshield washer nozzles hidden from view, neatly under the bonnet line.
A lesson for Ford?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7003.jpg

Front wheel wells are big and have sufficient cladding inside.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6954.jpg

Aggressive side stance.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6956.jpg

The rear. Would have loved the Elite i20's taillamps here.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6957.jpg

Close look at the taillamp cluster. Notice the pseudo-LED detailing?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6958.jpg

The rearview camera is well hidden from normal view.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6959.jpg

Look closely and you can make out the 4 reverse sensors
integrated into the black bumper.
Also seen is the underbody skid plate & outlandish chrome bar on numberplate.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6961.jpg

Rear wiper present over the defogger lines.
Will take trained eyes to trace out the rear washer nozzle.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6962.jpg

The very prominent shark-fin antenna. Powerful enough for the SATNAV unit inside.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6963.jpg

Boot door is held up by twin gas-powered struts on either side.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6968.jpg

4 hooks for the luggage net, one in each corner inside the boot.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6973.jpg

Useful way to raise the parcel tray automatically when the boot is opened. Detachable, too.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6980.jpg

A grab-handle given for the boot, right-handed in orientation.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6981.jpg

Driver door handle comes with a sensory black button.
Press this and lock/unlock the car with the keyfob in your pocket.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_6983.jpg

Driver's door section. Space for a 1-liter bottle, additional stuff,
houses the power window keys, ORVM adjustment buttons,
huge handle and the door lever. Notice the speaker section?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7169.jpg

Driver's seat has height-adjustment. Excellent range too.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7167.jpg

Driver door sill, which should have the kerb/gross weights sticker.
Only has the tyre pressures sticker instead.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7165.jpg

Recommended tyre pressures.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7166.jpg

The front part of the cabin, including the central dashboard.
Dual airbags (driver+passenger) provided.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7170.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd August 2015 at 08:55.
RavenAvi is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 21:08   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Meaty steering wheel with thumb contours. SX(O) gets leather covering.
Should have been a size bigger, ideally.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7172.jpg

Phone/Volume buttons on left, Music modes & Trip/Reset on right.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-untitled.jpg

This is how the whole section lights up at night.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7012.jpg

Steering-mounted buttons lit up at night.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7015.jpg

The ODOmeter and the speedo console,
housing the "normal" Supervision Cluster.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7023.jpg

You get 2 trip meters (A&B), an average speed display,
a engine running time display, and an option to
toggle the digital speed display ON or OFF.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-untitled2.jpg

All the functions of the 7" Touchscreen Audio-Video-Navigation Head Unit. Sound quality is decent.
"DISP" button turns the display off/on. Also, touch the screen anywhere to turn it back on.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7093.jpg

The Fully Automatic Temperature Control unit, with "Clean Air" Ioniser. Chillingly effective.
Healthy range too - 17°C (LO) to 32°C (HI), with 0.5 degree intervals.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7094.jpg

How this central section lights up at night.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7014.jpg

Storage section in front of the gear lever.
My 5.5" Galaxy A7 in there for an idea of the space on offer.
USB/Aux-in ports & a 12V socket provided.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7076.jpg

The 6-speed gear lever in hard, plastic finish.
[Gear ratios: 1st=3.769, 2nd=2.045, 3rd=1.286, 4th=0.971, 5th=0.839, 6th=0.727, Reverse=3.700, Final drive ratio=4.563]
(Thanks to wonderful T-BHPian RSR)
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7077.jpg

Storage cubicles to the left of the handbrake.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7078.jpg

The central armrest is nakedly plastic. SX(O) gets leather here!
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7079.jpg

Storage space inside the armrest. Notice the carpeted base?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7081.jpg

No Height-adjustable seatbelts in such a pricey car. The SX(O) gets it though!
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7083.jpg

Rectangular AC vents do the job required of them.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7084.jpg

Buttons for folding/unfolding ORVMs and adjusting their visions.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7085.jpg

All doors lock/unlock by this button only, located on the far top.
Auto Up/Down provided for driver window only.
Leather in this part for the SX(O).
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7086.jpg

Right-side switch gear for the LEDs, headlamps and foglamps.
Toggle lever forwards once for High beam, backwards once for Low.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7087.jpg

Left-side switch gear for the wipers, front and rear.
Notice the very useful "Intermittent" feature?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7088.jpg

3 modes of the Start/Stop button -
"Off", "HU on"(Orange) & "All Systems On"(Blue).
Note that the button stays Orange for exactly 30 seconds and then switches off if it detects no activity.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-untitled3.jpg

Steering rack adjustable for Tilt only. No Telescopic function present.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7096.jpg

Headlamp leveller switch.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7097.jpg

The OBD port & Fuses section. Note the Master Switch.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7101.jpg

ABC pedals nicely spaced out. Do note the properly sized dead pedal.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7119.jpg

Fairly deep and wide glovebox.
My Galaxy A7 inside for an idea of the space.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7104.jpg

IRVM is small but gets the job done. Day/Night mode by flipping lever below.
Note that the Creta doesn't get the auto-dimming IRVM.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7108.jpg

Front Map lights and the sunglass holder.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7110.jpg

Passenger sun visor gets a vanity mirror.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7112.jpg

Driver side sun visor gets a parking ticket tag instead.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7117.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd August 2015 at 10:30.
RavenAvi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 23:06   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Neat party trick with the unique "Mood Change Bar" of the FATC.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-untitled4.jpg

Bonnet handle under the driver section. Uniquely tall shape.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7120.jpg

Very useful front seat back pockets provided on both seats.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7121.jpg

Rear AC vents can be flipped both sides and can be fully shut as well.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7123.jpg

A single 12V socket for the rear passengers under the rear AC vents.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7124.jpg

Rear grab handles get coat hooks, unlike the front ones.
Also, all 4 are of the fixed type.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7125.jpg

Single central cabin lamp. Lights up the cabin quite nicely.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7126.jpg

No separate adjustable headrest for the 3rd rear passenger,
but notice the subtle central integrated headrest instead?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7128.jpg

The entire rear seat section, with the central armrest having cupholders.
Notice the low seating vis-a-vis the door line?
Whole seat tumbles forward to fold. Only the SX+ AT gets 60:40 split.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7129.jpg

Rear parcel tray is quite wide and spacious too.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7130.jpg

The rear door section gets a bottle holder & a storage spot.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7132.jpg

The central floor hump is not too obtrusive for the 3rd passenger.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7140.jpg

Yes, the rear window rolls all the way down.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7134.jpg

Push a screwdriver to turn this knob inside, to activate child lock.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7135.jpg

Steel side-step garnishes provided on all door sills.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7131.jpg

Front passenger door section. Plenty of storage spots.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7137.jpg

Vehicle details sticker on the front passenger door sill.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7138.jpg

The Outside Rear View Mirror, with it's integrated side indicator.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7139.jpg

Can you see the rear washer jet now, on the rightmost side
of the high-mounted brake lamp? Snugly hidden!
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7142.jpg

Put a key inside this hole on the inside of the boot and tug it to open,
for when you are locked inside the car.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7144.jpg

Super spacious boot, with small extra pockets on both sides.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7145.jpg

The underbody where the silencer is neatly hidden.
Adequate ground clearance (190 mm).
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7149.jpg

Flap in front of the front wheel for homologation purpose,
or for ducking under the ground clearance excise duty?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7152.jpg

Goodyear Assurance 205/65s on 16" clean silver alloys.
Front wheels get disc brakes...
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7163.jpg

...while rear wheels have to make do with drums.
No issues in braking, though.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7164.jpg

Ribbed roof, for added structural strength and rigidity.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7160.jpg

"Functional" roof rails, as Hyundai calls them. More subtle ones preferred.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7161.jpg

Front two-thirds of my Korean-born Lazarus.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7155.jpg

Rear two-thirds of the all-new compact SUV.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7157.jpg

And so, a new journey begins!
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7162.jpg

Thank you for being remarkably patient to have gone through this Hyundai Creta "Bible". I have tried to cover most of the aspects of the car which I have experienced till now, and I will be happy to answer any/all queries regarding the same.

Also, a detailed look at all the lights of the Creta during night time (front projectors and their throws, the LED DRLs, foglamps and their illumination, and the tail lamps) has been posted by me here - LINK

Coming up soon - a detailed look at the Sat-Nav based 7" Touchscreen AVN Head Unit and all of it's functions.

Thank you to the entire Team-BHP community for their wonderful and solid support through good times and bad, and for maintaining your faith in me.

Lazarus, let's ride!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd August 2015 at 10:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (131) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:11   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!

I thought I'm reading an official review - hats off to the detail man! Rating thread 5 stars. Congratulations on the Creta.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Woow, is it a review or ownership review. Great write up. Felt all the emotions you have gone through within me while reading. Only one sore side. The under body coating was sprayed on the wheels also. They should have cared a little bit more to clean the same before you taking the snap. Any ways Happy motoring buddy.
ram_hyundai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:25   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, that is an extensive review. The folks compiling the official review have their work cut out. This is going to take some effort to better. .

I think you have single handedly provided this forum with a huge amount of information about the Creta prior to launch. Hence good to see a detailed review from you up and running on the site.

Congrats once more and wish you all the best.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:43   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Lazarus, let's ride!
Excellent review, well put together with lots of intricate details like an official review. So many details and pictures that many had been waiting for even before the price was announced. Congratulations and wishing you many more miles with this machine. Safe driving!!
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:46   #11
BHPian

Hi RavenAvi,

You are one enthusiastic bloke and deserve a fine car that you got and a well-deserved 5* Wishing you many miles of happy happy motoring on this one. Thanks for sharing with us all the updates on the other thread.

And the first picture of the Ix25 in Orange/Copper. That is one hot-looking color. If they don't have it yet, Hyundai should launch it pronto.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:46   #12
BANNED

Congrats for the new BABY SUV and hope it is the first and detailed review of Creta and that too of petrol and hope to see a same full detailed review of Diesel version soon..!!

ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS AND HAPPY AND SAFE life with a stunning " CRETA "
patel8585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Lazarus, let's ride!
Woah RavenAvi, Congrats on your latest acquisition and boy what a detailed writeup !!

I was like when I saw that opening picture as I thought you probably got your 'Lazarus' wrapped in that shade.

Rated the thread a well deserved ***** and probably would have given an additional * for the composition.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 3rd August 2015 at 16:00.
Vik0728 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:01   #14
BHPian

Never have seen such a detailed review of a car in this forum.
Congrats RavenAvi on your new acquisition..

P.S. - I was under the impression that you were waiting for the official review before you pen down yours. Now the Mods have their work cut out for the official review.
satan's_valet is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 16:01   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

So finally, it's out. Was waiting to hear from a fellow Creta owner. I initially thought I would be the first person to come out with the ownership report (Mine is almost done and should be up tonight) but wont be as detailed as yours (too lazy to pen down) but can expect a lot of pictures and more pictures in the future. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new ride. Keep us updated on the ride and dont forget to update the thread with your findings.

Planning to get any aftermarket floor mats? I have the mats from the dealer and it's bad. Looking at options now.

Enjoy your ride and drive safe!
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed