Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 04:44   #76
BHPian

re: Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!

Hello RavenAvi

Congrats for your Creta , i was reading your ownership thread and you have mentioned absence of HID projector . HID 9500 ones can be installed in these projector which comes in fortuner and i have the same Philips HID 9500 in my verna 4s . There is no cutting on projector , it simply plug and play installation .
Safari_Beast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 09:57   #77
BHPian

Congratulations RavenAvi!, that was one detailed review of your Lazarus. The car looks amazing and I think white is a good choice.
I liked the way you went about the decision making process too.
Happy riding, enjoy!!.
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 10:04   #78
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@RavenAvi - Wow, what a Review, Amen! Yes this is really the Bible for the Creta! You and Naveen Raju have posted amazing reviews of the Diesel and Petrol Creta variants. Thanks a ton for the wonderful review. Congratulations and wishing you Countless miles of enjoyable drives in Lazarus.
That was one long, enjoyable background on why you wanted an SUV and how you ended up deciding on the Creta!

Last edited by NPV : 5th August 2015 at 10:09.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 10:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

@Ravenavi, congratulations Creta man. Nice that you stuck to your budget and bought the best option available.
Lovely ownership thread and must compliment you for the attention to detail.
Read a couple of brochures and it does mention the presence of a Rheostat. Would you know what circuits are being controlled?
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 10:53   #80
RAC
BHPian

Congratulations RavenAvi on the 'Lazarus'....Good and detailed review which I loved going through. The car looks amazing and I think white is a good choice though I would have probably opted for Silver.

I liked the way you went about and captured your decision making process.

For my wife and me, the 'hunt' is one of the most exciting parts of buying something new, so much so that after the buy, we miss the excitement to some extent.

Enjoy your drives
RAC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 11:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

On a side note, here's a side-by-side visual comparo of my Lazarus with my first SUV love - an older-gen Scorpio:

Goes to show how much designing has evolved, from standard boxy designs of days gone by, to sleek, sophisticated and chic profiles of modern-day cars.
Absolutely RavenAvi and this really shows the designing team's strength that Hyundai possess.

As a comparo:

Hyundai Terracan - 2002

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-terracan.jpg

Hyundai Tucson - 2006

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-tucson.jpg

Hyundai Creta - 2015

Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-creta.jpg

P.S -
The more I see Creta, the more I am reminded of the Q3. Any remote possibility of a comparison/side by side pic ??
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:02   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you so much for all your wishes, team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Congrats on the car sir. Wish you thousands of happy miles on it. However does this mean you will be selling of the City ? Or will this or the City would be a weekend vehicle?
Whoa! A real blast from the past!

Hello, Sumeet! Long time no see. Psh! I am still the same ole' Avi, my friend. No "sir" please. You don't want to make this 38-year-old feel any older, do you?

Empress is still with us (2014 City). Sold off my Silver Pegasus (2012 City) sometime back. Empress is doing her duty for highway runs and the occasional in-city jaunt, although I am quite fed up of all the annoying niggles that are cropping up with her, most annoying being the "Check engine" niggle, which almost inadvertently points to a loose wire/coupler somewhere. Shoddy quality control by Honda!

Lazarus (2015 Creta) has taken over most of my daily running right now - office and back, domestic chores, job-related touring, etc. The humongous boot and the big cabin space helps a lot, not to mention the increased ground clearance to run on most of the uneven roads in and around the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Please swap the present wheels with those 17 inch ones
An upgrade is definitely on the cards for the near future. And when I go for the same, I might go the Denso/Plati way. Plenty of smokin' hot options!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
i was reading your ownership thread and you have mentioned absence of HID projector . HID 9500 ones can be installed in these projector which comes in fortuner and i have the same Philips HID 9500 in my verna 4s . There is no cutting on projector , it simply plug and play installation .
Excellent. Thanks for the heads up, my friend!

Rest assured I will go for a simple plug-and-play without cutting any wires or getting any relays fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Read a couple of brochures and it does mention the presence of a Rheostat. Would you know what circuits are being controlled?
Rheostat is present in the SX(O), and is used to control the console/MID illumination.

I think it can be added separately to the SX+ (need to enquire about this). BHPian naveen.raju can shed more light on this nifty little feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
The car looks amazing and I think white is a good choice though I would have probably opted for Silver.
We already have a Silver Swift at home, and also my 2012 City (Silver Pegasus) was Silver. Needed a change.

Plus, this particular Polar White shade in pearl-ish finish looks fabulous on the Creta.

An automatic choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
P.S - The more I see Creta, the more I am reminded of the Q3. Any remote possibility of a comparison/side by side pic ??
Keep an eye peeled on this thread. You just might get lucky!

---------------------------------------------

A PICTORIAL ADDENDUM:

The spare keyfob.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7330.jpg

The front seats section. At the fully back position.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7359.jpg

At the fully front position. Very healthy range.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7358.jpg

Close look at the front seats.
Notice the side-bolstering?
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7333.jpg

Ultra-close look at the front passenger seat with body-hugging sides.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7332.jpg

Rear seat with maximum/minimum legroom.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7335.jpg

View from the other side, with front seats set fully back.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7336.jpg

Nifty little space to tuck the seat belts in when not in use.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7337.jpg

Neat belt hook section on top of rear seat to keep the seatbelt in place.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7338.jpg

Ultra-close look at the bolstered hip support of the rear seat.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7341.jpg

Rear seat folded fully flat.
Note that only the SX+ AT gets 60:40 split.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7342.jpg

Extra boot space liberated with the rear seat folded forward.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7343.jpg

All spare tools neatly tucked into this hardened thermocol wrapping.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7349.jpg

The entire ~400 liter boot,
and the full-sized steel wheel as spare.
Only the SX(O) gets a full-sized alloy spare.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7351.jpg

Notice this very-useful groove?
This holds the spare cover in place.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7352.jpg

There! The spare cover stays this way,
and you can take the spare wheel out easily now.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7353.jpg

The tweeters are set on the driver & passenger doors.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7348.jpg

Rear 2/3rds view from the other side.
Lazarus: 2015 Hyundai Creta SX+ 1.6L Petrol. EDIT: Now sold!-img_7158.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th August 2015 at 12:05.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:46   #83
BHPian

Congratulations Raven on your new purchase and hats off for such a detailed and comprehensive report of Creta. Looks like you will be neighbours envy for the near future !
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:02   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Whoa! A real blast from the past!

Hello, Sumeet! Long time no see. Psh! I am still the same ole' Avi, my friend. No "sir" please. You don't want to make this 38-year-old feel any older, do you?

Empress is still with us (2014 City). Sold off my Silver Pegasus (2012 City) sometime back. Empress is doing her duty for highway runs and the occasional in-city jaunt, although I am quite fed up of all the annoying niggles that are cropping up with her, most annoying being the "Check engine" niggle, which almost inadvertently points to a loose wire/coupler somewhere. Shoddy quality control by Honda!

Lazarus (2015 Creta) has taken over most of my daily running right now - office and back, domestic chores, job-related touring, etc. The humongous boot and the big cabin space helps a lot, not to mention the increased ground clearance to run on most of the uneven roads in and around the city.
Haha i am glad you remembered me and no we don't you feeling any older. Fact is i am quite close to your age . I am aware you sold of your arrow shaped City and got the new diesel one. I am also aware of the niggles on same and thought you got fed up and decided to let it do. Enjoy the new car.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 14:33   #85

An awesome and a detailed and comprehensive review!! I can very well understand the emotions you were going through as I was in the same boat just one month back while buying the Elite i20.
I was fixed to the TBHP thread and could not control myself from checking the same thread atleast 3 - 5 times in a day and sometime even more!!

Congragulations on your new ride and wish you many happy miles with your "Lazarus"
abhi_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 15:12   #86
BHPian

This review was on par or even better than most official reviews I've read so far. I am sure it must have taken a while. There is as much heart in the writing as there is head - and that is no mean achievement. Congrats on your new set of wheels.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 18:54   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you very much for all your lovely wishes, team. I am indeed much humbled!

A VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

The RTO registration issue regarding the Creta was resolved yesterday afternoon, and all-new registrations of the Creta commenced from today morning onwards. The RTO registration charges have (thankfully) stayed at 7%, and when I was informed of this development in the morning, I sent over the Registration Charges amount via NEFT earlier in the afternoon.

Received my Creta's official Registered Number at 5 PM, which is a very fancy and VIP-ish number, but without paying any additional charges. Thanks again to my wonderful manager friend, Harjinder Sodhi, and the dynamic duo team of Jay & Dilip at Shankara Hyundai, Raipur! Very fast, very prompt and very efficient as usual.

Registration Charges = 80,177/-
RC + Smart Card Fees = 5,700/-

TOTAL = 85,877/-

FINAL TALLY = 12,82,857/- (On The Road, including Zero-Dep Insurance + 3M Underbody Anti-Rust Coating)

More importantly, I found out the exact weight figures of my Creta SX+ 1.6L VTVT, according to the official Hyundai figures for RTO registration:

Unladen kerb weight = 1265 kg
Gross weight (5 persons + luggage) = 1690 kg

For it's over 4m size + extended wheelbase, it is still a pretty light car as the official figures indicate. No wonder the mileage figures are on the slightly better side, compared to other comparatively heavier cars such as the EcoSport. But the Creta is deceptively heavy for it's officially disclosed weight. The bonnet, doors, boot and sheet metal all around don't feel light or flimsy like my 2014 Honda City, and the thud when closing the doors, bonnet & boot is actually quite reassuring to the feel.

Will post a snap of the RC & Smart Card as soon as I receive them.

As for my Lazarus, it is turning heads in large numbers in my city. I am still the only Creta owner here and whenever I hit the roads, almost inevitably there are quite a few college-going kids who stop to look and turn around when I pass them. Have been followed by a few for some distance as well!

I am enjoying this attention, until more Cretas land and the car becomes a bit more of a common sight. Right now, Lazarus is an extremely rare breed in the land of the Scorpios, Safaris and XUV 500s, and it feels great to be behind the wheel of this unique Hyundai.

Loving every moment of my "honeymoon period" so far!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 5th August 2015 at 18:58.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:11   #88
BHPian

Congrats RavenAvi, Thanks for a detailed and informative Ownership report of most anticipated vehicle in some time,Wish you miles of fuss free ownership. Enjoy your beauty on wheels,
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:53   #89
BHPian

Thanks RavenAvi for all the details prior to launch, and following it up with a very detailed review and excellent photographs.

Wishing you many happy memories with your Lazarus!
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 19:58   #90
BHPian

Congrats Avi on the Lazarus!
All these new generation Hyundais are breathtakingly beautiful, especially in White shade. I really love the mini Santa Fe looks. And if I am correct, this is your third car in two years - Wow!
Congrats again and drive safe.
Wishing you many happy miles with Lazarus.

Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks